IndiaDivine.org

VRY tutorial Q#3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Question: Would you consider your own chart one of Rajayoga or pravrajya yoga, or is there too much confusion

-- These calculations were made using " Jagannatha Hora Lite " . It is a free software from Sri Jagannath Vedic Centre. You can download it from http://www.geocities.com/~astrowhiz or http://www.sjvc.net.--

Date of Birth: January 6, 1946Time of Birth: 7:41:00 PMTime Zone of Birth: 5:30 East of GMTLongitude of Birth: 80 E 01Latitude of Birth: 7 N 01

-

+----------------------+| | | | || | | | Rah || | | | || | | | SatR || | | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | MarR || | | || HL | | BL || | | || | | Asc ||-------------| R A S I |-------------|| | | || | | || Moo | | || | | || | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | | || Mer Ket | | Jup | Glk || | | | || Ven Sun | | Mnd | GL || | | | |+----------------------+

+----------------------+| | | | || | | | || | Mer | Ket | SatR || | | | || | | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | || | | || | | MarR || | | || | | ||-------------| N A V A M S A |-------------|| | | || | | Glk || | | || | | Ven || | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | Rah | | || | | BL Jup | GL || | Asc | | || | | Sun HL | Moo || | Mnd | | |+----------------------+

I have one rajayoga. 10th and 5th lord Mars in Lagna mutually aspect Moon the lagna lord in the 7th. This Mars is debilitated, but retrograde and vargoththama.Mars has not behaved like a yogakaraka in my chart.Mars dasa was when I was very young. Moon dasa will not be in this life time. So this rajayoga is not going to activate.

There is a VRY I think. The 3rd lord is in the 6th house. The 12th lord is in the 6th and 8thblord is in the 12th. One criteria for dusthana lords in dushthana is for them not to have strength. This Saturn is very strong being retrograde and conjunct Rahu and also vargoththama.

Saturns shadbala is mediocre being 1.2. Does that weakenSaturn? I am running Saturn dasa and it has not given me any rise in status or wealth.

four or more planets possessed of strength occupying a single rasi gives Pravrajya yoga. I have 4 planets in my 6th house. (Mercury, Sun, Ketu, Venus) As they are two benefics and two malefics. So it gives mixed results. I am very much attracted to spiritual search. I would happily embrace spiritual life if not for my commitment to my family.It is hard to give up the comfort and security of family life.

If Mercury is the sanyasa producing planet the native is influenced by the philosophy of others. (I read this in somewhere). This is true with me. I am a Buddhist. I accept theosophy and Hinduism because of the metaphysical explanations in them.

The classics say that the 10th lord should be involved in a pravrajyayoga for it to be effective. My 10thlord Mars is retrograde in the Lagna. As a retrograde it aspects the 6th house from 12th house.

Tha classics say the planets involved in pravrajya should not be combust. My Venus is close to Sun but because it is direct it is not combust.

Mars is yogada and aspect Hora lagna with rasi dristi. So my material inclinations are stronger.

I am not clear about my raja yogas and pravrajya yogas. I would like my gurus wise guidance

Your sishya

Chitra

Guest guest

Namaste Chitraji,

I made some comments below with my little knowledge and I request the GURUs to correct me.

Thanks

Solai Kannan

Chitra Wijewickrama [chitra]Friday, June 30, 2000 2:49 PMVarahamihira[sri Guru] VRY tutorial Q#3

Question: Would you consider your own chart one of Rajayoga or pravrajya yoga, or is there too much confusion

-- These calculations were made using "Jagannatha Hora Lite". It is a free software from Sri Jagannath Vedic Centre. You can download it from http://www.geocities.com/~astrowhiz or http://www.sjvc.net.--

Date of Birth: January 6, 1946Time of Birth: 7:41:00 PMTime Zone of Birth: 5:30 East of GMTLongitude of Birth: 80 E 01Latitude of Birth: 7 N 01

-

+----------------------+| | | | || | | | Rah || | | | || | | | SatR || | | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | MarR || | | || HL | | BL || | | || | | Asc ||-------------| R A S I |-------------|| | | || | | || Moo | | || | | || | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | | || Mer Ket | | Jup | Glk || | | | || Ven Sun | | Mnd | GL || | | | |+----------------------+

+----------------------+| | | | || | | | || | Mer | Ket | SatR || | | | || | | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | || | | || | | MarR || | | || | | ||-------------| N A V A M S A |-------------|| | | || | | Glk || | | || | | Ven || | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | Rah | | || | | BL Jup | GL || | Asc | | || | | Sun HL | Moo || | Mnd | | |+----------------------+

I have one rajayoga. 10th and 5th lord Mars in Lagna mutually aspect Moon the lagna lord in the 7th. This Mars is debilitated, but retrograde and vargoththama.Mars has not behaved like a yogakaraka in my chart.Mars dasa was when I was very young. Moon dasa will not be in this life time. So this rajayoga is not going to activate.

There is a VRY I think. The 3rd lord is in the 6th house. The 12th lord is in the 6th and 8thblord is in the 12th. One criteria for dusthana lords in dushthana is for them not to have strength. This Saturn is very strong being retrograde and conjunct Rahu and also vargoththama.

Saturns shadbala is mediocre being 1.2. Does that weakenSaturn? I am running Saturn dasa and it has not given me any rise in status or wealth. No. the first rule for VRY is that the dusthana lords must conjunct. If they conjunct, they must be weak, either by placement in dusthana or in debilitation. So, here the first criteria is not fulfilled.

four or more planets possessed of strength occupying a single rasi gives Pravrajya yoga.

(this 4 planets rule excludes Rahu & Ketu)

I have 4 planets in my 6th house. (Mercury, Sun, Ketu, Venus) As they are two benefics and two malefics. So it gives mixed results. I am very much attracted to spiritual search. I would happily embrace spiritual life if not for my commitment to my family.It is hard to give up the comfort and security of family life.

If Mercury is the sanyasa producing planet the native is influenced by the philosophy of others. (I read this in somewhere). This is true with me. I am a Buddhist. I accept theosophy and Hinduism because of the metaphysical explanations in them.

The classics say that the 10th lord should be involved in a pravrajyayoga for it to be effective. My 10thlord Mars is retrograde in the Lagna. As a retrograde it aspects the 6th house from 12th house.

Tha classics say the planets involved in pravrajya should not be combust. My Venus is close to Sun but because it is direct it is not combust.

Mars is yogada and aspect Hora lagna with rasi dristi. So my material inclinations are stronger.

I think, for a planet to become yogada, it should be associated with Lagna, GL & HL, by conjunction or dhristi with these lagna or their 7th place.

I am not clear about my raja yogas and pravrajya yogas. I would like my gurus wise guidance

Your sishya

Chitra

OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html