IndiaDivine.org

Mean position and Mean nodes vs True position and True nodes - which one to use for calculations?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste Guruji's, I am an astrology beginer and have been studying the basics for some time. I am using a close friends horoscope which every time I generated, I get different horoscope. This I eventually found was due to different calculation approaches. I have been doing a lot of reading on it read the calculations and everything to find out there are two different approaches for calculation of the position of the planets - Mean position and Mean nodes vs True position and True nodes for calculation. Along with Topocentric position and geocentric positions. Can experts here tell what calculation should be used when and which one will yield correct results? You can use the following details for reference: May 24, 1977Time:

3:45:00 amTime Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)Place: Shimla, India - 77 E 09' 36", 31 N 06' 25" Here based on the choice of calculation - Rahu changes from 6th to 7th house. I have also attached the chart for your reference. Any help or pointers are appreciated. Regards,Pranav

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||

Dear Pranav,

Use Mean nodes.

Warm Regards

Sanjay POn 4/26/06, Sushma Gupta <sushmagupta51 wrote:

Namaste Guruji's, I am an astrology beginer and have been studying the basics for some time. I am using a close friends horoscope which every time I generated, I get different horoscope.

This I eventually found was due to different calculation approaches. I

have been doing a lot of reading on it read the calculations and

everything to find out there are two different approaches for

calculation of the position of the planets - Mean position and Mean

nodes vs True position and True nodes for calculation. Along with

Topocentric position and geocentric positions. Can experts here tell what calculation should be used when and which one will yield correct results? You can use the following details for reference: May 24, 1977Time:

3:45:00 amTime Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)Place: Shimla, India - 77 E 09' 36 " , 31 N 06' 25 " Here based on the choice of calculation - Rahu changes from 6th to 7th house.

I have also attached the chart for your reference. Any help or pointers are appreciated. Regards,Pranav