IndiaDivine.org

Vimshopakabala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OHM SHRI RAGAVENDRAYA NAMAHJAYA JAGANNATHAPranam Gurudeva,*Ohm Gurave Namah*In BPHS, the 8th chapter, "Divisional Consideration" is one of thefascinating chapters. There are a lot of secret information hidden in it.1. First, Sage Parasara explains about the 16 divisions and their usage orsignification. Then, he tells about the house signification in brief.Thirdly, he mentions that for a special issue or problem, the concernedsignifactor planet has to be considered as the lagna and the chart has to be analised from there. So, combining all these three, I think what Parasara intended to tell us is, for a specific issue, combine all these three. For example, to deal about the children, we should take the Saptamsa and in Saptamsa, 5th house from Jupiter will clearly tell about the children. Is my understanding correct?2. We know, in Trimsamsa, the Signs ruled by Sun and Moon are not taken into account. In addition as per the 16th sloka in this chapter, the planets Sun and Moon are also should not be considered. That means, wherever, Sun is there in Trimshamsa, we have to consider as Mars and wherever Moon is there,we have to consider as Venus. Is it correct? If it is correct, in Vimshopka strength, do we have to consider the Sun and Moon in Trimshamsa or not?3. In Vimshopaka strength, why should there be different Varga groups forconsideration, why not one set? If it is only for the sack of calculatingStrength, more logically we should consider all the divisions, soshodasavarga is enough. Then, what is the need for different groups? What is the significance of these different groups, like, Shadvarga, Saptavarga,Dasavarga and Shodasavarga? The same question applies to the Vaiseshikaamsatoo.When we find the Vimshopakabala for a planet say Venus, what it means if its strength is 'x' w.r.t Shadvarga, 'y' w.r.t Dasavarga and so on.So, it is clear that there must be some specific meaning attached to thes of divisions. If for example, Sadvarga refers to Bhandhu or family,then if a planet is strong, say has 18 vimshopaka bala, then that planet iscapable of giving good results w.r.t to family and w.r.t to the divisions in the Sadvarga. So, this must be the reason for having different vargas. My question is What these different varga groups signify and really mean?I was trying to correlate the meaning based on the divisions included in the vargas. But, with my limited knowledge, I failed, because of the various non-homogeneous divisions included in those groups. In addition, the weightage also varies from group to group. In Sadvarga, Navamsa is given importance next to Rasi chart, in Saptavarga, Dwadasmsa is given importance next to Rasi. Whereas, in Dasavarga and Shodasavarga, Shastiamsa is given the top weightage.Kindly, tell us the significance of these different vargas and itsapplicability with respect to the Vimshopaka strength and Vaiseshikamsa.4. In the same chapter, (BPHS, by GC.Sharma) the explanation for theTemporal friendship is considered from the Rasi chart. But, what I feel is,when we are considering the exaltation and ownership with respect to theconcerned divisional chart, similarly, the temporal friendship also to beconsidered w.r.t to the concerned divisional chart. Is my thinking correct?5. The sloka 28-29, tells that the planets in 7th house from the Sun getsfull strength and planets close to Sun gets no strength. For this theexplanation is given as Combustion. But, from your explanations for theChitrapaksha ayanmsa and the reason for selecting the 1st or 7th house forthe rasi dasa, I think, when the planets are 180 degree away from Sun, theVimshopaka strength arrived must be multiplied by 1. If a planet has thesame degree of Sun, then the Vimshopaka strength must be multiplied by '0'.For in between planets the fraction between 1 and 0 has to be multiplied.Parasara gives other factors to be considered along with vimshopaka, in thebeginning. But, he after explaining in detail in slokas 28-29, again hereiterates in slokas 30-32 that the sunrise and sunset should be consideredalong with the Vimshopaka strength. So, I strongly feel that multiplying the Vimshopakabala with 1 or 0 or a fraction between 0 and 1 is a must. Is it correct?6. What I can't understand is the translation given for slokas 9-12. "...the strength of the planet is full when he is situated in his exaltation sign or in his own sign, he is bereft of strength when he is situated in a house seventh from it. The strength of the planets having lordships over two signs is to be known accordingly to their situation in the signs...."Here, the seventh house means what? For the two sign lords, we have to takemale sign for male planet and female sign for female planet. OK. Forexample, for Mars, Aries should be considered with full strength and Librawith no strength. Then, how the exaltation and debilitation will be handled? So, here the confusion is the exaltation sign. Please clarify.As I feel that there is so much treasure lying in this chapter, I requestyou to correct my understanding and enlighten us in this regard.ThanksYour sisyaSolai KannanHARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNA HARE RAMA KRISHNAOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html