IndiaDivine.org

Sv: Ishta Devata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Krishna Guru

Dear Ajit, Namaste.

I'm sure this is not the right answer for Sarajits question, however your no doubt on the right track.

Rahu and Ketu is the only real demon among the stars, whereas the others are gods. This demon always works to bring new karma/sins however, the gods try to fulfill these things, so we can proceed in life. Ketu then tries to make us realise that this is all an illusion, and we should work towards Narayana.

So Rahu is calculated backwards because its a demon not because its always retrogade. However your are correct, but i don't think entirely.

Best wishes, Visti.

-

Ajit Krishnan

varahamihira

Monday, January 15, 2001 6:50 AM

Re: [sri Guru] Ishta Devata

OM namah shivayaDear Sarajit, Gurus and fellow students,Sarajit Poddar wrote:<snipped>> AUM SRI GURUVE NAMAH> Dear Gurudev!> > One question cropped in my mind. When we are calculating the longitude for> calculation of charakaraka, we take into account Rahu's retrograde motion> and substract the longitude from 30deg. Why don't we then subtract from 30> deg, the longitude of any other planets when they are retrograde...I was thinking about this earlier, and came to be following concusion.Rahu is the only planet who is always retrograde. Even though otherplanets may be temporarily retrograde, eventually they will resumenormal motion. When we take the longitudes for calculating thesekarakas, we are essentially calculating how much of the sign has beentraversed by a given planet.If a planet enters a house with normal motion, traverses one degree ofthe sign, and then becomes retrograde, we cannot say that he hastraversed 29 degrees. This would not make sense. So, the amount ofdegrees traversed by the planet has to be calculated with respect to itsnatural motion and not its temporary motion. As a result, the retrograde exception only applies to Rahu.Please correct me if I am wrong.your sishya, ajit-- Ajit Krishnanajit@(julian|csd|engga).uwo.cahttp://publish.uwo.ca/~akrishnaOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html