IndiaDivine.org

Sv: Ishta Devata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Krishna Guru

There is the Naisargika(Natural) Atmakaraka: Sun

And there is the Chara(Temporal) Atmakaraka, which is the graha with the highest degree. Your Sun may have the highest degree, however in case of rahu we must count backwards, thus Rahu becomes Chara Atmakaraka.

Otherwise you were right.. no need to be sorry, we learn best through mistakes.

Its a saturn thing.

Best wishes, Visti.

-

Kiersten

varahamihira

Sunday, January 14, 2001 10:34 PM

Re: [sri Guru] Ishta Devata

Haribol!

I am terribly sorry for the confusion which was generated as the result of my statement that my atmakaraka is Surya (I mistakenly thought that the atmakaraka is the graha with the highest degree). I do not yet know how to calculate the Char Atmakaraka. Please forgive my mistake!

Your servant,

Kiersten

-

Visti Larsen

varahamihira

Sunday, January 14, 2001 1:30 PM

Sv: [sri Guru] Ishta Devata

Om Krishna Guru

Dear Sanjay, Namaste.

Your reference is noted.

However i hope you aren't stating the Kiersten has Saturn in 12th from Atmakaraka?

Best wishes, Visti.

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Monday, January 15, 2001 3:45 AM

Re: [sri Guru] Ishta Devata

Om Hrim Hamsa Soham SwahaDear Kiersten, According to Parasara, the deity associated with Saturn is Brahma, butthe worship of Brahma is prohibited as this leads to rebirth and the veryessence of Spirituality is lost. This is where the Jaimini Sutra helps us.Maharishi teaches "Budhasani-bhyam Vishnu" giving the wisdom that when theproblem of saturn in the 12th from Karakamsa etc, places is seen, recommendthe worship of Vishnu. So, the way out is to worship Vishnu with the MantraOM NAMO NARAYANAYA. I have seen the answers of Visti and sarajit. They may kindly note this.With Best WishesSanjay Rath-"Kiersten" <khd<varahamihira >Saturday, January 13, 2001 1:54 PM[sri Guru] Ishta Devata> Haribol! Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Sri Guru and> Gauranga!>> I have been reading about how to calculate one's Ishta Devata, and am> wondering if someone could verify that my Ishta is Narayana. I believe myAK> is Surya, which is placed in Simha in Navamsa. Sani is placed in the 12th> from Surya in the sign of Kataka in my Navamsa chart (Karakamsa = Simha)>> Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance foryour> help!>> Your fallen servant,>> Bhaktin Kiersten> khd June 7, 1969> 8:52pm EDT> New Britain, CT USA> 41N40, 72W47> (zero degrees 57 min. Dhanus lagna)>>> OM TAT SAT> Archive: varahamihira> Info: varahamihira/info.html>>>OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.htmlOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.htmlOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html