IndiaDivine.org

Narasimhji: Why Kundalini Awakening impossible in women?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Prabodh,

Just to clarify, I was not "angry" at all. This is simply a strong disagreement and no emotions are involved, as far as I am concerned.

> Basic aim of Sadhana is to obtain > gyana in Adhyatma. You can obtain knowledge by many means like by > Gyana,Raj,or Bhakti yoga. Kundalini yoga is subclass of Raja yoga. > Now to say that those who follow Gyana or Bhakti marga will also > expirence KA is very bold statement.

It is not a bold statement but a simple fact that people following Gyaana Yoga or Bhakti Yoga too can experience Kundalini awakening.

In a book titled "Kundalini Tantra", Swami Satyananda Saraswati (a disciple of Swami Sivananda) describes various methods of awakening Kundalini. Raja Yoga is only one of the several methods mentioned. To say that Kundalini awakening cannot be obtained by those not following Raja Yoga is definitely incorrect.

I personally know people who had Kundalini awakening thru different methods. One person, for example, was a devotee of Krishna and had an amazing experience involving an appearance of Lord Krishna at the time of his Kundalini awakening. The same person had another amazing experience involving a Bhairava Yogi a few years later, who curiously knew all about the previous appearance of Krishna and Kundalini awakening and gave him further experiences by simply touching him! This gentleman definitely was not making things up, as he was not the one who started the discussion. He did not say anything about his Kundalini experiences and it was I who first asked him if he had Kundalini experiences in early 1980s. I saw something in D-20 and Vimsottari dasa and asked him. THEN ONLY he opened up and narrated his experiences.

Interestingly, the basic experience is the same in people following different methods, though some details are different. Electric explosion at the base of spine, feeling of a live electric wire in the back, ecstasy, bliss, hearing certain sounds, feeling of being propelled like a rocket, seeing some light, merging with the light etc etc are common to several experiences I have heard.

In fact, there are cases of Kundalini awakening in all cultures and religions, even among cultures in which Raja Yoga is not practiced and people don't know about Kundalini. Kundalini awakening and rise happen when one's ego consciousness rises above the normal state. One's religion, culture, creed and spiritual path do not matter.

I fully stand by my statement earlier that Kundalini is nothing but the chid-shakti of one's ego consciousness. Kundalini rise is nothing but one's ego consciousness reaching higher planes of consciousness. Samadhi is nothing but the ego consciousness rising to the highest plane of consciousness, i.e. perfected consciousness that one is non-different from Supreme Brahman. You can ask the saints who taught you about Kundalini awakening and ask them directly to comment on my statements.

> I was taught to read Ramayana and Mahabharata is this way. Just try > to understand why Rama asked Laxyamana to cut Stana-Nak-Kana of > Shoorpankha? or even, why Shiva and Brahma are enemies of each > other? In YogaVashista, why Indra and Ahilya story comes again and > again.(I dont exactly remember in which adhya as I read YogaVashista > seven to eight years back.)

I humbly suggest that you should keep your biases to yourself and not rub them on Maharshi Vasishtha.

In "Yoga Vaasishtha", Vasishtha taught several stories of women who were fully enlightened and obtained perfect self-knowledge. Please see the examples of queen Lila and demoness Karkati.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

-------------------------------

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-------------------------------

> Dear All Namaste> > There were angry and some very angry reactions on this thread. It > seems that my understanding of Kundalini activation is different > than most of the people in this thread. My knowledge is stright from > the persons who have experienced KA and have told me many hidden > things in most logical manner.(Many have doubt about this but they > are not at fault. I am very poor at expressing what I know!)> > There seems to be some confusion about the keywords such as > Moksha,Bhaktimarga and Kundalini. Basic aim of Sadhana is to obtain > gyana in Adhyatma. You can obtain knowledge by many means like by > Gyana,Raj,or Bhakti yoga. Kundalini yoga is subclass of Raja yoga. > Now to say that those who follow Gyana or Bhakti marga will also > expirence KA is very bold statement. Every marga will give you > ultimate knowledge but every marga will not be through Kundalini. > The person who has fully activated Kundalini and person who has > reached ultimate level in Bhakti marga will have same knowledge to > share. Both will be realized souls and will have same knowledge. But > there means will be different. Bhakti marga is more popular as it > is considered to be simple and safe. Most of the Santa are from > Bhakti marga. So many feel that Bhakti marga Santa must have obtain > knowledge through Kundalini activation. > > Since Kundalini activation experience is very difficult to express, > Rishis have written Puranas and MahaKavyas(Ramayan & Mahabharat) to > explain those hidden secrets with the help of stories and > allegories. Once such story is of Kacha-Devayani-Shukracharya. It > ends with the statement that Mantra should not be given to woman.( > Read Gurucharitra). Shukrachary was forced to teach Sanjeevini> (Kundalini is temporary death and Sanjeevini is life after such > death) to his daughter. Shukracharya knew that this vidya should not > be given to woman but succumbed to the pressures put by his > daughter. Shukracharya dies in the process and Devayani learns. > Kacha as well learns as he was in the stomach of Shukracharya. Kacha > comes out in Bramha where as Devayani makes a strong request for > marriage which Kacha turns down. Devayani hence curses Kacha that he > will not be able to use this vidya(like BhargavaRama cursed Karna > in Mahabharata). In turn Kacha says that Devayani will not marry > Brahman(Brahma Janati eti Brahmana)i.e will not be able to control > Brahma. Finally Brihaspati curses to all Brahman that if anybody > teaches Mantra(Kundalini Vidya) to woman he will go Rairaiva Naraka. > > Those who believe in this story in this way strictly follow it. > Others, who follow literally, suggest Vratas instead of Mantras to > women.> > I was taught to read Ramayana and Mahabharata is this way. Just try > to understand why Rama asked Laxyamana to cut Stana-Nak-Kana of > Shoorpankha? or even, why Shiva and Brahma are enemies of each > other? In YogaVashista, why Indra and Ahilya story comes again and > again.(I dont exactly remember in which adhya as I read YogaVashista > seven to eight years back.)

>

> Thanks a lot for your Time and Space.> > Prabodh Vekhande> Jai Jai Shankara> Har Har Shankar