sohamsa , Sreekumar Ambalath

<skumar_astro> wrote:

>

> Dear Members ,

>

> How do calculate whether planets is combust or not ? (with

respect to degress from sun)

Any planet within ten degrees of Sun is combust. This doesn't apply

to Rahu, Ketu, Moon, Venus and a retro Mercury.

> How do we find it in JH ?

Guess?

> Will Lagna Lord be affected from combust?

Unless you're a Cancer lagna (or even Aq or Sc in some cases), yes

What is the effect of compust planet maha dasa

probably ill-health, unless there are benefic aspects.

hth

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Sreekumar-ji, Namaskar. Different degrees of combustion are given for different grahas in BPHS or other standard texts. Combustion literally means burning. However Combustion in jyotisha is actually similar to an eclipse of the graha by the Sun. We treat the motion of the grahas from the point of view of the earth as we live on this planet. This is the geocentric view point. From the earth, sometimes a graha can be observed to be behind the Sun. In such a situation, the rays from the graha are obstructed by the Sun from reaching the earth. If the graha is within a orb (in degrees of longitude) and is behind the Sun even if the graha is not completely eslipsed by the Sun, the rays are still overpowered by the strong rays of the Sun and form partial combustion.The outer planets are Ma, Ju, Sa. and they are combust when they are close to the Sun by certain degrees.The inner planets are Me and Ve and are to be considered a little differently. When Me and Ve come in front of the Sun, their rays still reach us and are reinforced by the solar rays hence not combust. But when Me and Venus are behind the Sun, they are combust. Now Me like all the rest of the grahas (except Ve) revolve around the Sun in the same direction while Ve revolves around the Sun in a counter direction. Hence:-1. When Me is NOT retrograde and close to the Sun it is combust.2. When Ve is retrograde and close to the Sun it is combust.3. Other grahas if close to the Sun are combust. You dont need to consider retrogression or lack of it for these other planets.4. Degree of combustion is different for different grahas.5. Even different astrologers have their own choice for how much degrees to choose to consider combustion. I personally consider 3-5 degrees as a close combustion and outside that partial combustion.6. Combustion is eclipse of the graha rays by the Sun's rays and the result is that the Graha's karakatva becomes less significant and Sun's karakatva or results becomes more dominant. (It is like the graha is under the wrath or strong direction of the King, the Sun and is required to do something according to his sole wish).7. However, I have been taught that Combustion is an overrated phenomenon and should not be given overriding influence over other good factors. This is because, combustion also implies a Yoga of the Sun with the other planet and a yoga can be of a more important significance than the fact of combustion itself. For example, for a Sagittarius lagna native, the yoga of Su and Me is a dharma-karmadhipaty yoga which makes the native do very good work in the society.8. Ra and Ke are chayagrahas and do not have physical rays of the Sun. Hence, they are not combust but in conjunction with the Sun cause eclipses.9. These are my ideas and undestanding only and they are not rules:(i) If the Sun is a functional benefic, the combustion effects are negligible if the other graha is also a functional benefic or is a natural friend of the Sun. (ii) If the native is born at night, the combustion effect is much less as the Sun's direct rays are not reaching the place of the earth during the birth . This is an idea I propose, which needs further research.Hope this helps.Best regards,Sourav================================================sohamsa , "vernalagnia" <vernalagnia> wrote:>> sohamsa , Sreekumar Ambalath > skumar_astro wrote:> >> > Dear Members ,> > > > How do calculate whether planets is combust or not ? (with > respect to degress from sun)> > Any planet within ten degrees of Sun is combust. This doesn't apply > to Rahu, Ketu, Moon, Venus and a retro Mercury.> > > > How do we find it in JH ?> > > Guess?> > > > Will Lagna Lord be affected from combust?> > > Unless you're a Cancer lagna (or even Aq or Sc in some cases), yes> > > What is the effect of compust planet maha dasa> > > probably ill-health, unless there are benefic aspects.> > hth>

Dear Sourav,

sohamsa , " Sourav Chowdhury " <souravc108>

wrote:

> 9. These are my ideas and undestanding only and they are not rules:

>

> (i) If the Sun is a functional benefic, the combustion effects are

negligible if the other graha is also a functional benefic or is a

natural friend of the Sun.

If combustion is a physical phenomenon, like you wrote earlier (not

that I demur), it should have little to do with functional

beneficence or maleficence, isn't it?

> (ii) If the native is born at night, the combustion effect is much

less as the Sun's direct rays are not reaching the place of the

earth during the birth . This is an idea I propose, which needs

further research.

Extending this supposition, the general effect of Sun and Moon on

coves born at night or day respectively should be negligible too.

Agree? :o)

+++

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||Dear Vernalagnia-ji, Namaskar. Comments below.Best wishes,Sourav================================================sohamsa , "vernalagnia" <vernalagnia> wrote:>> Dear Sourav,> > sohamsa , "Sourav Chowdhury" souravc108 > wrote:> > > 9. These are my ideas and undestanding only and they are not rules:> > > > (i) If the Sun is a functional benefic, the combustion effects are > negligible if the other graha is also a functional benefic or is a > natural friend of the Sun. > > > If combustion is a physical phenomenon, like you wrote earlier (not > that I demur), it should have little to do with functional > beneficence or maleficence, isn't it?[sourav]: Think about the paradigm of the grahas in terms of King Queen, Minister etc. It will be clear why I proposed this idea. If the King wants to do good and the combust planet wants to do good then will the king not allow it ? There is a idea that the graha under combustion offers up its own significances to the Sun to decide for it. My idea is based on that.> > > (ii) If the native is born at night, the combustion effect is much > less as the Sun's direct rays are not reaching the place of the > earth during the birth . This is an idea I propose, which needs > further research.> > > Extending this supposition, the general effect of Sun and Moon on > coves born at night or day respectively should be negligible too. > Agree? [sourav]: Sun is the King and is the source of all energy. How it distributes this energy depends on the placements of various grahas - irrespective of Day or Night. Is that right ? If so, lets not question the general effects of Sun and Moon. What I gave is an idea. I dont use it myself and won't unless its proven. At different times of the day the Sun himself has varying bala or strength. The caveat is that combustion is not the only determinant or dominant determinant of an event in life and there are many other significances (ex. yogas, lordships etc) which contribute to it. Hence, such a research of proving or disproving may be a difficult job. My idea is to provoke more thought.