IndiaDivine.org

Query related to Sanjayji's lecture

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|| Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat ||

Dear Sanjayji,

In one of your Delhi lectures, you spoke about not changing mantras frequently and your Guruji using the analogy of God having to change his vastras frequently to explain the reason. Was just thinking of parampara mantra "Hare Rama Krishna" wherein we worship both the avatars in the same breath. How would the analogy explain the same?

Kind regards,

Ramesh

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear Ramesh-ji,

namaskar. Mantra is a string of one or more than one word which creates a particular pattern of vibration in the mind/body. Sanjay-ji correctly said not to change this pattern frequently. The drawback in changing frequently is that the mind gets confused and none of the mantras yield desired result as the 'paka' requires time. I think this is the context he wanted to say. This doesn't mean that you cannot call on different deities at the same time. For example, we can surely call of Siva-Gauri together or Vishnu-Lakshmi together.

As to our parampara mantra, this is what I learned from Narasimha-ji is that "Hare Rama Krishna" means "O! Hari, O! Rama, O! Krishna" i.e. calling on Hari, Rama, Krishna. The deeper meaning is that Hari is Lagna, Rama is Sun, and Krishna is Moon. This shows that horoscope should be analysed from these three different stand points. This is the tripod of life on which creation and its perception exists and hence this is the best mantra to learn jyotish as you are invoking all of them.

Also, think about chanting Vishnu Sahasranaama or Chandi Stotra. The God or Goddess has been given different names and it is through the unity of these multitude of fragmented conceptions that we are trying to conceive and praise Him or Her. That doesn't mean that each time we utter a different name, God has to change His garment. It is different portions of the same garment (i.e. our conception of Him).

Hope I could share my little understanding.

Best wishes,

Sourav

==================================================================sohamsa , "Ramesh F. Gangaramani" <ramesh.gangaramani wrote:>> || Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat ||> > Dear Sanjayji,> In one of your Delhi lectures, you spoke about not changing mantras> frequently and your Guruji using the analogy of God having to change his> vastras frequently to explain the reason. Was just thinking of parampara> mantra "Hare Rama Krishna" wherein we worship both the avatars in the same> breath. How would the analogy explain the same?> Kind regards,> Ramesh>