IndiaDivine.org

Special Lagna - my research

Rate this topic

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate vasudevayaDear Hari

Oh now I remember - this is the Shiva Lagna and Vyasa Lagna that you tried to introduce. Here are my views on this and my research on this concept.

Special Ascendants: Concept of time, speed and space: My proposal for Ritu Lagna

There is one thing about those special ascendants that we need to be clear about in philosophical terms although they are mathematically correct. You see (1) Maharshi Parasara uses only Hora Lagna (2nd house equivalent) and Ghatika Lagna (5th house equivalent) and (2) the panapara houses 2, 5, 8 and 11 are future houses i.e. they are ahead in time while the apoklimas houses 3, 6, 9 and 12 are behind time. So when we are accelerating the time rquivalent i.e. we are making the lagna move 2 times 'faster' or 5 times 'faster', we get Hora Lagna and Ghatika Lagna.

The Hora Lagna is a special Lagna and the 'faster' time frame it uses is for sustenance and is used for longevity calculations as well as this is taking the 2nd & 8th house (future houses) into account.

The Ghatika Lagna is also a special Lagna and the 'faster' time frame it uses is for sustenance and is used for longevity calculations as well as this is taking the 5th & 11th house (future houses) into account. Thus, the HL and GL are accounting for all the Panapara houses i.e. 2nd/8th and 5th/11th respectively.

We cannot use a similar model for the 9th house by moving the lagna 9 times faster as this is against the basic tenet that the 9th house is behind in time terms. Perhaps if we consider 'time' as moving slower than the normal i.e. say we have a special ascendant where the lagna moves half as fast as the normal lagna then this would cover the zodiac in two days.

In space terms this would be exacly the opposite of Hora i.e. if Hora is 15 degrees of arc as the Hora Lagna moves twice as fast as Lagna, then this special Lagna should be 60 degrees of arc as it would move half the speed of lagna. Then we can call such a special lagna as 'Ritu Lagna'. Here you will see that the time and space concept of Parasara have kept totally intact as well as the speed and future/past house concept has been protected. Such a special 'Ritu Lagna' would reflect the 12th house specifically and 6th house as well. The nomenclature used is also in lines of the standard texts.

With best wishes and warm regards,Sanjay Rath* * *Sri Jagannath Center®15B Gangaram Hospital Road New Delhi 110060, Indiahttp://srath.com, +91-11-25717162* * *

om gajavaktraaya namah

Dear Sanjay, pranaams

Thanks for sharing your research on special lagnas. The hypothesis that you present is very interesting.

* Assuming that the zodiac is geometrically like a circular band enclosing Earth, it does not matter to me whether I move 12 times faster than the lagna or 2 times slower than the lagna; I will anyway land up in the same place i.e, 12th house. Similarly, if I move 9 times faster than the lagna or 4 times as slower than the lagna, I will anyway land up in the same place i.e., 9th house.

* However the basic point that apoklimas and panapharas be kept in mind is valid. This seems to suggest that a maximum of only 4 special lagnas are needed to cover all the houses except the 1/7 houses.

* Please give your opinion on the last shloka in the visesalagnaadhayah of Parasara. It seems to suggest that calculations based on HL and GL can be 'uniformly' extended.

* I had sent you a paper on special lagnas in May/June of this year where I have shown other cases. In my opinion, the timing is simply too good when one considers special lagnas. Please go through that paper and give your review.

best regards

Hari

On 11/17/05, Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

Oh now I remember - this is the Shiva Lagna and Vyasa Lagna that you tried to introduce. Here are my views on this and my research on this concept.

Special Ascendants: Concept of time, speed and space: My proposal for Ritu Lagna

There is one thing about those special ascendants that we need to be clear about in philosophical terms although they are mathematically correct. You see (1) Maharshi Parasara uses only Hora Lagna (2nd house equivalent) and Ghatika Lagna (5th house equivalent) and (2) the panapara houses 2, 5, 8 and 11 are future houses i.e. they are ahead in time while the apoklimas houses 3, 6, 9 and 12 are behind time. So when we are accelerating the time rquivalent i.e. we are making the lagna move 2 times 'faster' or 5 times 'faster', we get Hora Lagna and Ghatika Lagna.

The Hora Lagna is a special Lagna and the 'faster' time frame it uses is for sustenance and is used for longevity calculations as well as this is taking the 2nd & 8th house (future houses) into account.

The Ghatika Lagna is also a special Lagna and the 'faster' time frame it uses is for sustenance and is used for longevity calculations as well as this is taking the 5th & 11th house (future houses) into account. Thus, the HL and GL are accounting for all the Panapara houses i.e. 2nd/8th and 5th/11th respectively.

We cannot use a similar model for the 9th house by moving the lagna 9 times faster as this is against the basic tenet that the 9th house is behind in time terms. Perhaps if we consider 'time' as moving slower than the normal i.e. say we have a special ascendant where the lagna moves half as fast as the normal lagna then this would cover the zodiac in two days.

In space terms this would be exacly the opposite of Hora i.e. if Hora is 15 degrees of arc as the Hora Lagna moves twice as fast as Lagna, then this special Lagna should be 60 degrees of arc as it would move half the speed of lagna. Then we can call such a special lagna as 'Ritu Lagna'. Here you will see that the time and space concept of Parasara have kept totally intact as well as the speed and future/past house concept has been protected. Such a special 'Ritu Lagna' would reflect the 12th house specifically and 6th house as well. The nomenclature used is also in lines of the standard texts.

With best wishes and warm regards,Sanjay Rath* * *Sri Jagannath Center®15B Gangaram Hospital Road New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162* * *

Those lagna are so sensitive that a slight change in birthtime, especially when we are taking varga into consideration can send all arguments completely off.

Look at it like this - HL and GL we are taking in vargas in D9 and D3...now when we extend this to all vargas they are already verysensitive. what happens when we take something that is moving at 1/12th the speed of lagna i.e. covering a sign in about 5-10 minutes and we could be completely off even in the rasi chart when we are yet to determine the sunrise time accurately. So any research related to these will have to wait till we have some sort of an agreement on ayanamsa and sunrise. That is the reason why I stalled your paper. You are brilliant but have to keep pace with the world, and more important move into the ayanamsa issue.

With best wishes and warm regards,Sanjay Rath* * *Sri Jagannath Center®15B Gangaram Hospital Road New Delhi 110060, Indiahttp://srath.com, +91-11-25717162* * *

-

Jyotisa Shisya

sohamsa

Cc: Narasimha P. V. R. Rao

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:42 PM

Re: Special Lagna - my research

om gajavaktraaya namah

Dear Sanjay, pranaams

Thanks for sharing your research on special lagnas. The hypothesis that you present is very interesting.

* Assuming that the zodiac is geometrically like a circular band enclosing Earth, it does not matter to me whether I move 12 times faster than the lagna or 2 times slower than the lagna; I will anyway land up in the same place i.e, 12th house. Similarly, if I move 9 times faster than the lagna or 4 times as slower than the lagna, I will anyway land up in the same place i.e., 9th house.

* However the basic point that apoklimas and panapharas be kept in mind is valid. This seems to suggest that a maximum of only 4 special lagnas are needed to cover all the houses except the 1/7 houses.

* Please give your opinion on the last shloka in the visesalagnaadhayah of Parasara. It seems to suggest that calculations based on HL and GL can be 'uniformly' extended.

* I had sent you a paper on special lagnas in May/June of this year where I have shown other cases. In my opinion, the timing is simply too good when one considers special lagnas. Please go through that paper and give your review.

best regards

Hari

On 11/17/05, Sanjay Rath <guruji wrote:

om namo bhagavate venkatesaaya

Dear Sanjay,

" You are brilliant but have to keep pace with the world, and more important move into the ayanamsa issue. "

I am surprised at your suggestion! Yesterday morning, I received an email ostensibly from ChandraHari giving some files one of which is about the ChandraHari ayanamsa.

Thank you for your confidence in me but I am only a small lost ion in front of Lord Jagannatha.

Jaya Jagannatha!Hari