Sunday, January 07, 2001 2:29 PM

Re: [sri Guru] Lesson 1

JAYA JAGANNATHA!

Dear Visti,

Namaste.

A few additions below.

Om Krishna Guru

Namaste.

I wasn't sure whether there was a certain order or time for sending in these lessons, but since people are answering now, i'll begin sending mine in.

+---------------+

1. God is everywhere in everything, when i speak he speaks, when i move, he moves, and thus he is in constant motion, around me and everywhere. He derives his power from Shakti and in this unified form becomes Narayana, no-longer he nor she, but everything, beyond perception, but within grasp.

2. Meditation, devotion, acknowledgement.

3. All is God.We are not dominated by god, we must abide by the constant motion that he in the form of Vasudevaya creates, to be able to perform action, thus our free will is in grasp, however this free will is performed through god, and can thus be predicted.

Vasudevaya in the form of Vishnu and thus Krishna, could have made Arjuna fight that day on the battle field, yet he took the time to purswade him nevertheless.

Therefore we dominate god, for he cannot perform his actions without us, however the good or evil of these actions.

I do not agree with this. As you have mentioned Bhagavad-gita, I suggest you to read it with the commentaries of Srila Prabhupada. Krishna says to Arjunain the 11th chapter: you can only become an instrument. I have already killed all the warriors. So He is not dependent on anyone to perform His actions. He is Parama Swatantra, i.e. the Supreme Independent Person. There is only one way to control Him, it's by pure bhakti, or love, as the Varjavasis do. He becomes subservient to them, and even to Arjuna, but out of His independent free will, and not out of duty or obligation. He agreed to be Arjuna's chariot driver out of love, and because of Arjuna's love for Him. It's not easy to understand Krishna. Only those can understand Him, who are pure devotees (Bhaktyaa tva anyayaa shakyaa aham evam vidho 'rjuna jnaatum drashtum ca tattwena praveshtum cha parantapa)

For the god-fearing, I can only recommend meditating, and let the sense of everything engulf you, sense that the air you breathe is god, and that the body you behold is god, and all actions and will is god. When I see god i smile.. I smile quite often.

The highest form of meditation is devotional service, and devotees are the highest yougis, as expressed by Sri Krishna at the end of Ch. 6.

4. A priest guides without predictive knowledge of past present and future of the native. A Jyotisha has this power, yet the Jyotisha guides with priestly ability.

I think that a real priest can become trikalajna, i.e. knower of past, present and future of the individual by God's grace, if this is needed to guide his dependants towards God. But I agree that the Jyotisha should also have the mentality of guiding the clients towards their ultimate benefit.

Yours,

Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer <gauranga Phone:+36-309-140-839OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html