IndiaDivine.org

RE: RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

No the mantra cannot be changed like that as the original source is well documented and is the Oddisa Tantra

With best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram Hospital Road

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

Swee Chan [swee] Saturday, June 04, 2005 2:01 AMSJCA; SJC[Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

<Just adding one or two fine tuning points to these discussions. In the first mantra, 'sarvarishtanashini', that is sarva + arishta+ nashini. Sarva is all; arishta is troubles, evils, nashini is one who destroys in the feminine gender, implying the invocations is to a female deity.>

'sarvarishtanashini'

Shouldn’t it be “sarvarishtanashiniyai” ?

Love,

Swee

Guest guest

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Thank you. Now where can I get a

copy of the Oddisa Tantra?

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Sanjay Rath

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:03

AM

RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE:

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear

Swee

No

the mantra cannot be changed like that as the original source is well

documented and is the Oddisa Tantra

With

best wishes and warm regards,

Sanjay

Rath

Sri

Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162

Swee Chan

[swee]

Saturday, June 04, 2005 2:01

AM

SJCA; SJC

[Jaya Jagannatha] RE:

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear

Sarbani,

Namaste

<Just adding one or two fine tuning points to these

discussions. In the first mantra, 'sarvarishtanashini', that is sarva + arishta+

nashini. Sarva is all; arishta is troubles, evils, nashini is one who destroys

in the feminine gender, implying the invocations is to a female deity.>

'sarvarishtanashini'

Shouldn’t

it be “sarvarishtanashiniyai” ?

Love,

Swee

Guest guest

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

I gave the explanation in the other email. Adding one more line: Sarvarishtanashini, Durgatinashini etc. is the noun or the name. It can also be an adjective. Grammatically, while addressing the deity in the mantra, it is written as Durgatinashinyai, Gauri becomes Gouryai, Durga becomes Durgayai, Narayan becomes Narayanaya, Krishna becomes Krishnaya, Shiva becomes Shivaya, Kalika becomes Kalike etc. The grammar rule changes according to the last vowel in the word and according to the gender as well. Many people make the mistake that her name is Durgatinashinyai or Kalike. It is not so. Her name is Durgatinashini and Kalika.

Best Regards,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee ChanSaturday, June 04, 2005 2:01 AMSJCA; SJC[Om Krishna Guru] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

<Just adding one or two fine tuning points to these discussions. In the first mantra, 'sarvarishtanashini', that is sarva + arishta+ nashini. Sarva is all; arishta is troubles, evils, nashini is one who destroys in the feminine gender, implying the invocations is to a female deity.>

'sarvarishtanashini'

Shouldn’t it be “sarvarishtanashiniyai” ?

Love,

Swee

~ om tat sat ~Thank you for maintaining the decorum of the Achyuta Ashram. Reminders: (1) Recite the Shadakshari Mantra 'Hare Rama Krishna'(2) Try to become Vegetarian - remember Akbar the Great who said that the human stomach should not become a graveyard for animals.(3) Practise charity in thought and deed - do one free chart reading today

Guest guest

Dear Swee,

Nobody like Sanjay to tell you about these matters, but I suspect he mentioned Orissa Tantra generically; not too sure there's a tantra of that name.

The ones I've heard of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing the daily rites and general practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the worship of Vishnu in his Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of Kali in Vamacara manner using the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites connected with Shakta practices), Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and Yoni tantra (on Parvati and her worship – pretty tamasic stuff herein

J).

I'm sure there must be other tantras too. Best if you picked up Tantra Samagraha from somewhere, and you can be a magician like me

J Mantra Chintamani and Kautuk Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University in Puri would be a good place to start looking, I don't think I've what it takes to help you source these materials

L

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

On 6/4/05, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Thank you. Now where can I get a copy of the Oddisa Tantra?

Love,Swee

[sJC-

Africa ] On Behalf Of Sanjay RathSaturday, June 04, 2005 8:03 AM

Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

No the mantra cannot be changed like that as the original source is well documented and is the Oddisa Tantra

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi

110060, India

http://srath.com

, +91-11-25717162

Guest guest

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Rama,

Yes, the word tantra was mentioned generically here. I have had personal experiences with that mantra from Achyuta Das's gadi. Elsewhere, I have heard a learned south Indian Brahmin do a ganapati homa with this mantra. These knowledge are not kept in universities anywhere in the world. They usually lie hidden and obsolete with various local and oral traditions in the venerable mouths of some obscure but learned and holy pundit.

Incidentally Swee, your version of the mantra is called the Trailokyamohana Ganesha mantra and the one Julli is using is called Lakshmivinayaka mantra.

Regards,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Ramapriya DSaturday, June 04, 2005 6:30 PM Subject: Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Dear Swee,

Nobody like Sanjay to tell you about these matters, but I suspect he mentioned Orissa Tantra generically; not too sure there's a tantra of that name.

The ones I've heard of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing the daily rites and general practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the worship of Vishnu in his Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of Kali in Vamacara manner using the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites connected with Shakta practices), Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and Yoni tantra (on Parvati and her worship – pretty tamasic stuff herein J).

I'm sure there must be other tantras too. Best if you picked up Tantra Samagraha from somewhere, and you can be a magician like me J Mantra Chintamani and Kautuk Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University in Puri would be a good place to start looking, I don't think I've what it takes to help you source these materials L

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Love,Swee

[sJC- Africa ] On Behalf Of Sanjay RathSaturday, June 04, 2005 8:03 AM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

http://srath.com , +91-11-25717162

Guest guest

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Incidentally Swee, your version of the

mantra is called the Trailokyamohana Ganesha mantra and the one Julli is using

is called Lakshmivinayaka mantra.

Regards,

Sarbani

Can you

please explain why the preference for Lakshmivinayaka?

The version I gave has all three personalities/energies and we do know that

Lakshmi can never be activated unless mantras are offered first to Mahavishnu.

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Ramapriya

D

Saturday, June 04, 2005 6:30

PM

Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE:

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Dear Swee,

Nobody like Sanjay

to tell you about these matters, but I suspect he mentioned Orissa Tantra

generically; not too sure there's a tantra of that name.

The ones I've heard

of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing the daily rites and general

practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the worship of Vishnu in his

Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of Kali in Vamacara manner using

the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites connected with Shakta practices),

Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and

Yoni tantra (on Parvati and her worship – pretty tamasic stuff herein J).

I'm sure there must

be other tantras too. Best if you picked up Tantra Samagraha from somewhere,

and you can be a magician like me J Mantra Chintamani and Kautuk

Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University

in Puri would be a good place to start looking, I don't think I've what it

takes to help you source these materials L

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

On 6/4/05, Swee Chan

<swee wrote:

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear

Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Thank

you. Now where can I get a copy of the Oddisa Tantra?

Love,

Swee

[sJC- Africa ] On

Behalf Of Sanjay Rath

AM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

No the mantra cannot be changed like that as

the original source is well documented and is the Oddisa Tantra

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram

Hospital Road

New Delhi

110060, India

, +91-11-25717162

Guest guest

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

No, there is no preference; just a matter of choice. The Lakshmivinayaka mantra has the bijas om shrim gam. Om is Pranava and gam is Ganesha bija. Shrim is the bija for Lakshmi. The Trailokyamohana mantra has the bijas om shrim hrim klim. These are the bijas for Mahalakshmi, Mahasaraswati and Mahakali. They represent the three puras or the three lokas. Hence the mantra is called Trailokyamohana, that is, that which enchants or wins over the three lokas, as represented by hrim, shrim and klim.

Regards,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee ChanThursday, June 09, 2005 2:25 PM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Incidentally Swee, your version of the mantra is called the Trailokyamohana Ganesha mantra and the one Julli is using is called Lakshmivinayaka mantra.

Regards,

Sarbani

Can you please explain why the preference for Lakshmivinayaka? The version I gave has all three personalities/energies and we do know that Lakshmi can never be activated unless mantras are offered first to Mahavishnu.

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Ramapriya DSaturday, June 04, 2005 6:30 PM Subject: Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Dear Swee,

The ones I've heard of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing the daily rites and general practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the worship of Vishnu in his Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of Kali in Vamacara manner using the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites connected with Shakta practices), Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and Yoni tantra (on Parvati and her worship – pretty tamasic stuff herein J).

I'm sure there must be other tantras too. Best if you picked up Tantra Samagraha from somewhere, and you can be a magician like me J Mantra Chintamani and Kautuk Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University in Puri would be a good place to start looking, I don't think I've what it takes to help you source these materials L

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Love,Swee

[sJC- Africa ] On Behalf Of Sanjay RathSaturday, June 04, 2005 8:03 AM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Guest guest

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

Thank you for your kind words, but please don't embarrass me as I don't even have a drop of the knowledge of the vast ocean of mantra shastra or jyotish. It is your hardwork in the field and the thirst to know that compels me to share with you and discuss with you. Now, Brahmadaru :) is none other than Jagannath! He is known as Brahmadaru or Darubrahma. Daru means wood and Brahma is the Nirakara Brahman. He is referred to as Darubrahma in the Skanda Purana in many places. The line I use, Shri Brahmadaru Smarami, is a part of a four line dhyana of Jagannath which is recited in Puri by the priests. One of the priests dictated the words to me when I learnt it from him. The dhyana is this:

Niladroshankhamadhye shatadala kamale ratnasimhasanastham

Sarvalankarayuktam navaghanaruchiram sanyuktam chagrajenam.

Bhadraya vamabhage rathacharanayutam brahmarandhrenduvandyam

Vedanam saramekam sajanaparivritam shri brahmadaru smarami.

Love,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee ChanThursday, June 09, 2005 5:15 PM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

I consider ourselves so blessed with your in-depth knowledge J

next q: Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

We know Brahma is never prayed to. Is this the loving recollection of mantrs in Saraswati’s form you’ve given your atma to?

Love, Swee

On Behalf Of Sarbani SarkarThursday, June 09, 2005 1:16 PM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

No, there is no preference; just a matter of choice. The Lakshmivinayaka mantra has the bijas om shrim gam. Om is Pranava and gam is Ganesha bija. Shrim is the bija for Lakshmi. The Trailokyamohana mantra has the bijas om shrim hrim klim. These are the bijas for Mahalakshmi, Mahasaraswati and Mahakali. They represent the three puras or the three lokas. Hence the mantra is called Trailokyamohana, that is, that which enchants or wins over the three lokas, as represented by hrim, shrim and klim.

Regards,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee ChanThursday, June 09, 2005 2:25 PM Subject: RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Regards,

Sarbani

Can you please explain why the preference for Lakshmivinayaka? The version I gave has all three personalities/energies and we do know that Lakshmi can never be activated unless mantras are offered first to Mahavishnu.

Love,

Swee

Dear Swee,

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Love,Swee

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

New Delhi 110060, India

Guest guest

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Kindly share

the translations with us please JJJJJ (goodie!!!)

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Sarbani Sarkar

Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:08

PM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

Thank you for your

kind words, but please don't embarrass me as I don't even have a drop of the

knowledge of the vast ocean of mantra shastra or jyotish. It is your

hardwork in the field and the thirst to know that compels me to share with you

and discuss with you. Now, Brahmadaru :) is none other than Jagannath! He

is known as Brahmadaru or Darubrahma. Daru means wood and Brahma is the

Nirakara Brahman. He is referred to as Darubrahma in the Skanda Purana in many

places. The line I use, Shri Brahmadaru Smarami, is a part of a four line

dhyana of Jagannath which is recited in Puri by the

priests. One of the priests dictated the words to me when I learnt it from

him. The dhyana is this:

Niladroshankhamadhye

shatadala kamale ratnasimhasanastham

Sarvalankarayuktam

navaghanaruchiram sanyuktam chagrajenam.

Bhadraya vamabhage

rathacharanayutam brahmarandhrenduvandyam

Vedanam saramekam

sajanaparivritam shri brahmadaru smarami.

Love,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee Chan

Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:15

PM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

I consider

ourselves so blessed with your in-depth knowledge J

next q: Shri

Brahmadaru Smarami

We know

Brahma is never prayed to. Is this the loving recollection of mantrs in

Saraswati’s form you’ve given your atma to?

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Sarbani Sarkar

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:16

PM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

No, there is no preference; just a

matter of choice. The Lakshmivinayaka mantra has the bijas om shrim gam.

Om is Pranava and gam is Ganesha bija.

Shrim is the bija for Lakshmi. The Trailokyamohana mantra has the

bijas om shrim

hrim klim. These are the bijas for Mahalakshmi,

Mahasaraswati and Mahakali. They represent the three puras or the three lokas.

Hence the mantra is called Trailokyamohana, that is, that which enchants or

wins over the three lokas, as represented by hrim, shrim and klim.

Regards,

Sarbani

On Behalf Of Swee Chan

Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:25

PM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Incidentally Swee, your version of the

mantra is called the Trailokyamohana Ganesha mantra and the one Julli is using

is called Lakshmivinayaka mantra.

Regards,

Sarbani

Can you

please explain why the preference for Lakshmivinayaka? The version I gave has

all three personalities/energies and we do know that Lakshmi can never be

activated unless mantras are offered first to Mahavishnu.

Love,

Swee

On Behalf Of Ramapriya

D

Saturday, June 04, 2005 6:30

PM

Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE:

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Dear Swee,

Nobody like Sanjay

to tell you about these matters, but I suspect he mentioned Orissa Tantra

generically; not too sure there's a tantra of that name.

The ones I've heard

of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing the daily rites and general

practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the worship of Vishnu in his

Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of Kali in Vamacara manner using

the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites connected with Shakta practices),

Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and

Yoni tantra (on Parvati and her worship – pretty tamasic stuff herein J).

I'm sure there must

be other tantras too. Best if you picked up Tantra Samagraha from somewhere,

and you can be a magician like me J Mantra Chintamani and Kautuk

Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University

in Puri would be a good place to start looking, I don't think I've what it

takes to help you source these materials L

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar

On 6/4/05, Swee Chan

<swee wrote:

Jaya

Jagannatha

Dear

Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Thank

you. Now where can I get a copy of the Oddisa Tantra?

Love,

Swee

[sJC- Africa ] On

Behalf Of Sanjay Rath

AM

Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

No the mantra cannot be changed like that as

the original source is well documented and is the Oddisa Tantra

Sanjay Rath

Sri Jagannath Center®

15B Gangaram

Hospital Road

New Delhi

110060, India

, +91-11-25717162

• 5 months later...

, " Sarbani Sarkar "

<sarbanisarkar@g...> wrote:

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

Thank you for your kind words, but please don't embarrass me as I

don't even

have a drop of the knowledge of the vast ocean of mantra shastra or

jyotish.

It is your hardwork in the field and the thirst to know that compels

me to

share with you and discuss with you. Now, Brahmadaru :) is none

other than

Jagannath! He is known as Brahmadaru or Darubrahma. Daru means wood

and

Brahma is the Nirakara Brahman. He is referred to as Darubrahma in

the

Skanda Purana in many places. The line I use, Shri Brahmadaru

Smarami, is a

part of a four line dhyana of Jagannath which is recited in Puri by

the

priests. One of the priests dictated the words to me when I learnt

it from

him. The dhyana is this:

Niladroshankhamadhye shatadala kamale ratnasimhasanastham

Sarvalankarayuktam navaghanaruchiram sanyuktam chagrajenam.

Bhadraya vamabhage rathacharanayutam brahmarandhrenduvandyam

Vedanam saramekam sajanaparivritam shri brahmadaru smarami.

Love,

Sarbani

_____

On

Behalf Of Swee Chan

Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:15 PM

RE: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

I consider ourselves so blessed with your in-depth knowledge :-)

next q: Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

We know Brahma is never prayed to. Is this the loving recollection

of mantrs

in Saraswati's form you've given your atma to?

Love,

Swee

_____

On

Behalf Of Sarbani Sarkar

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:16 PM

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Swee,

No, there is no preference; just a matter of choice. The

Lakshmivinayaka

mantra has the bijas om shrim gam. Om is Pranava and gam is Ganesha

bija.

Shrim is the bija for Lakshmi. The Trailokyamohana mantra has the

bijas om

shrim hrim klim. These are the bijas for Mahalakshmi, Mahasaraswati

and

Mahakali. They represent the three puras or the three lokas. Hence

the

mantra is called Trailokyamohana, that is, that which enchants or

wins over

the three lokas, as represented by hrim, shrim and klim.

Regards,

Sarbani

_____

On

Behalf Of Swee Chan

Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:25 PM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sarbani,

Namaste

Incidentally Swee, your version of the mantra is called the

Trailokyamohana

Ganesha mantra and the one Julli is using is called Lakshmivinayaka

mantra.

Regards,

Sarbani

Can you please explain why the preference for Lakshmivinayaka? The

version I

gave has all three personalities/energies and we do know that

Lakshmi can

never be activated unless mantras are offered first to Mahavishnu.

Love,

Swee

_____

On

Behalf Of Ramapriya D

Saturday, June 04, 2005 6:30 PM

Re: [Jaya Jagannatha] RE: Mantra Glossary- Sarbani

Dear Swee,

Nobody like Sanjay to tell you about these matters, but I suspect he

mentioned Orissa Tantra generically; not too sure there's a tantra

of that

name.

The ones I've heard of are Vaishnava Gautamiya Tantra (describing

the daily

rites and general practices of the Vaishnavas. Also deals with the

worship

of Vishnu in his Krshna aspect), Kaumaritantra (on the worship of

Kali in

Vamacara manner using the 5 ma-karas etc. as well as on other rites

connected with Shakta practices), Niruttaratantra (a vama-marga, or

left-wing, kinda work of Shakta Tantra), and Yoni tantra (on Parvati

and her

worship - pretty tamasic stuff herein :-)).

I'm sure there must be other tantras too. Best if you picked up

Tantra

Samagraha from somewhere, and you can be a magician like me :-)

Mantra

Chintamani and Kautuk Chintamani will also be nice accessories.

While the Jagannath Sanskrit University in Puri would be a good

place to

start looking, I don't think I've what it takes to help you source

these

materials :-(

Respects,

Ramapriya

ayirpamar@g...

On 6/4/05, Swee Chan <swee@c...> wrote:

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Sanjay ji,

Namaste

Love,

Swee

_____

[sJC- Africa

<Africa > ] On Behalf Of Sanjay Rath

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:03 AM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Swee

No the mantra cannot be changed like that as the original source is

well

documented and is the Oddisa Tantra