IndiaDivine.org

[Jagannath] Narayan Dasa / strenght rules and dasa years

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sanjayji,

Jaya Jagannatha!

Here is the birth data for a person for whom I am trying to calculate Narayana dasas. Chart has more exceptions than almost any other one that I have seen, so it will be interesting to analyse it and very important to get your input.

Date of Birth: November 24, 1973Time of Birth: 2:20:00 pmTime Zone of Birth: 1:00 East of GMTLongitude of Birth: 21 E 26Latitude of Birth: 41 N 59Lunar month (maasa): Karthika Lunar day (tithi): AmavasyaTithi balance: 0.2567Nakshatra balance: 0.8340Sun-Moon Yoga: AtigandaSun-Moon Karana: NagaVara (weekday): Saturday

The problem is in finding stronger between Lagna and 7th house. According to the rules posted by Robert to vedic astrology list it seems like Libra is stronger but there are also oppinions that Aries is stronger.

+----------------------+| | | | Ket || | MarR | | || BL | | | SatR || | Asc | | || | | | GL ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | || | | || Mnd | | HL || | | || | | ||-------------| R A S I |-------------|| | | || Jup | | || | | || Glk | | || | | ||-------------|---------------------------|-------------|| | | | || Rah | Moo | | | | | | Mer | || Ven | Sun | | || | | | |+----------------------+

I spoke to some members of Varahamihira list about this chart and I was advised to post it for discussion.

Here is my analysis following strength rules send by Robert to vedic astrology list few days ago:

1. If one of the above houses has a larger number of planets, then it is stronger.

Lagna and 7th house have same number of planets. Let's go to rule number 2.

2. If both houses have an equal number of planets, or if neither has anyplanets, then the stronger one, is the one which is occupied or aspectedby more out of: (a.) Jupiter, (b.) Mercury and (c.) its lord

Lagna conjoins it's lord Mars and Libra (7th) conjoins Mercury, so also in this case they are the same. Jupiter aspects none of them and Venus (in Gemini) doesn't aspect Libra.

3. If both competing signs have an equal number of planets, then thestronger one is the one occupied by an exalted planet. Similarly, if oneis occupied by a debilitated planet, then the other is stronger.

None of the houses (lagna and 7th) have exalted or debilitated planets, so we have to go to rule number 4.

(Now there are oppinions that rule could be extended so that the stronger sign is the one occupied by an exalted planet or planet in own house. What do you Sanjayji think about this?)

4. Signs are stronger in order according to the following sequence:Dual>Fixed>Movable

Lagna and 7th from it are both in moveable sign, again they are the same.

5. A sign whose lord is in a sign of different oddity, is stronger than asign whose lord is in a sign with the same oddity. For example, an oddsign whose lord is in an even sign, is stronger than an even sign whoselord is in an even sign.

Mars is in Aries and Venus is in Gemini, so both lords of odd signs are also in odd signs, so we have to go to rule no. 6.

6. A sign whose lord is more advanced in longitude from the beginning of itssign is stronger. Rahu and Ketu's advancement should be measured from the endof sign, not the beginning.

In this case Venus wins (it is also AK) and Mars is only in 1 degree 49 minutes of Aries and is also Darakaraka. According to this Libra is stronger than Aries and should initiate Narayana dasas. In that case dasa would be in this order:

1. Libra /2 years/ (November '73) to '75

2. Scorpio / 7 / '82 *Ketu conjoins Saturn in Gemini and hence is stronger than Mars

3. Sagittarius / 0 /82 **Jupiter is in 2nd house from Sagittarius, debilitated so it is 2-1-1=0

4. Capricorn / 7 / 89

5. Aquarius / 8 / 97 ***Saturn gives more years in it's dasa than Rahu so I did counting from Saturn (Gemini)

( have taken Scorpio to be debilitation sign for Rahu and Taurus for Ketu)

6. Pisces / 1 / 98

7. Aries / 12 / 2010

8. Taurus / 7 / 2017

9. Gemini / 4 / 2021

10. Cancer / 7 / 2028

11. Leo / 9 / 2037

12. Virgo / 11 / 2048

13. Libra / 10 / 2058

14. Scorpio / 5 / 2063

15. Sagittarius / 12 / 2075 ****In first cycle Sagittarius had 0 years so now it gets full 12

16. Capricorn / 5 / 2090

17. Aquarius / 4 / 2094

18. Pisces / 11 / 2105

19. Aries / 0 / 2105 *****Aries got 12 years in first cycle so in second gets 0

20. Taurus / 5 / 2110

21. Gemini / 8 / 2118

22. Cancer / 5 / 2123

23. Leo / 3 / 2127

24. Virgo / 1 / 2128

If Narayana Dasa for this horoscope starts from Libra than dasa order should be OK. I have taken Scorpio and Taurus for debilitation sign for Rahu and Ketu respectively. Is that correct for Narayana Dasas? If exaltation point for Narayana Dasa are Gemini and Sagittarius for Rahu and Ketu, than Sagittarius should be debilitation point for Rahu and Gemini for Ketu, still I have taken Scorpio and Taurus, so number of years in dasa could be wrong. What are recommened debilitation signs for Rahu and Ketu for Narayana Dasas?

Hare Krishna,

Dina-natha Das.