IndiaDivine.org

PRAVRAJYA YOGA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Jagannath !!!

Dear All,

Namaskar!!

To keep with the deadline (26th for the Jyotish Gurus to summarise and reply) I am writing this mail hurriedly from my office desk amidst a whole lot of work pressures. Therefore, I would just like to limit this to a very brief mail and continuing it a little later. Before doing so, I would like to humbly submit that with whatever knowledge I have accumulated I am writing this mail and would enlighten everybody as I myself get enlightened with further reading and teaching from Sanjayji. In the name of Lord Sri Jagannatha I am initiating the answer to Question No.2 set by Sanjayji viz., What is the meaning of Pravrajya Yoga? Do illustrate.

Narasimha has already explained what is Rajyoga. Pravrajya Yoga is the opposite of Rajyoga. It means 'to renunciate'. The strong presence of this yoga in the horoscope will lead the native to renounce the material pleasures of life. The greatest of saints and mahatmas are born with such strong Pravrajya Yoga.

Some of the important combinations for initiating this yoga are as follows:

1. Presence of four or more planets in a bhava, except in the case of any one (or more) planet(s) being combust when this yoga breaks.

2. Presence of only benefics in the 3rd and 6th houses from the Arudha Lagna. More such benefics especially Jupiter, Mercury and Venus, cause a powerful Pravrajya Yoga - more so if they are strong such as being exalted either in the Rasi or Navamsa.

3. The strength and placement of Venus (being the Kalatrakaraka) is also to be seen - whether a bad marriage could lead to renunciation?

A combust Venus (when in Direct motion and in close long. from Sun it is combust) loses strength and the karakatwa;

If placed in 8th it brings death or deals a death-like blow to the marriage/spouse

4. The Upapada plays a vital role in the determination of Pravrajya Yoga - Whether there is promise of marriage and if so, what promise does the marriage hold? Whether a bad marital experience would cause renunciation or not? Whether a totally destroyed Upapada (Rahu damages it as Surya is the karaka for Upapada - for matters of progeny etc. thus, Surya - though a malefic, is not bad for matters pertaining to UL. In fact, Surya, even if placed in the 2nd from UL is known to protect the UL - Read Maharishi Jaimini's Upadesa Sutra - by Sanjayji) indicates any renunciation?

Six-Eight (Sashtaashtaka) relationship between AL and UL;

Lord of UL being in the 12th from it indicating qualities of renouncing (eg. Swami Jayendra Saraswati - read Sanjayji's explanation of his chart http://www.sjvc.net/spirituality/ );

Rahu in UL (indicating a difficult spouse and a difficult married life);

5. The Darapada (A7) will also have to be studied for determining the renunciative abilities and qualities of the person. Will the person have physical contact at all or not - or will he totally abstain from it and lead Brahmacharya and seek the path of renunciation?

Illustrations:

A. The life of His Holiness Srila Prabhupada is a strong example of studying the effect of two benefics - Mercury and Venus (of whom Mercury is exalted while Venus is debilitated) in the 6th from AL (in Kanya - as Mesha is his AL). This indicates a strong Pravrajya Yoga - He renounced during the Mercury dasa and Venus antardasa.

B. Sanjayjis' detailed explanation of this yoga in the horoscope of Sri Jayendra Saraswati, the chief Pontiff of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham (see the link above) is a standing example of using most of the above points in the study of Pravrajya Yoga in a horoscope.

We can take up more illustrations for an indepth study at a later stage.

Having seen the potential for Pravrajya Yoga in a horoscope, the next important thing is to time when the actual renunciation would take place. This has to be done with the help of Drig Dasa.

For the present, I would like to stop here and proceed later. I would be very happy to learn from the other Gurus and the rest where any errors might have crept in (with particular reference to corrections from Sanjayji).

Hare Rama Krishna !!!

With warm regards,

Sarat.

P.S.: I am posting this mail without reading/revising it. I appologise for any errors that might have come in and they are subject to correction.