IndiaDivine.org

Upa Grahas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Brendan,

Can you ( and the other Jyotish Gurus) consider spending time on Upa Grahas.

1. Laying the foundation of calculations - this can be extracted from many books,

let us know if there are any nuances you think we need to consider

2. Practical applications -rasi dristi, why Parashara finds them important, how to use them, and what knowledge they give us, etc.

3. Combinations to consider ( with other Upa Grahas, Grahas, HL, AL, GL)

4. Insight on spiritual aspects

Hope this is possible.

Pranams,

Frank In Austin/ fschmidt

Luis Ernesto Carrera Retana [epauli]Tuesday, January 30, 2001 7:04 AMSri Guru[sri Guru] About Karakas and IsthadevataAll glories to Sri Sri Guru & Gauranga.All glories to Srila Prabhupada.Hare Krishna to everyone.I hope someone could help me about my Ishtadevata.The degrees of the grahas in my rasi chakra are as follows:Surya: 28-37 Atma KarakaChandra: 26-23 Amatya KarakaMangala: 0-35 Stree KarakaBudha: 20-02 Pitri KarakaBrihaspati: 19-30 Putra KarakaShukra: 10-37 Jaati KarakaShani: 21-32 Bhratri KarakaRahu: 8-03 (21-07) Matri KarakaThis is my Navamsa chakra: ***************************** * * * * * * Ke * Sa * Lg * * * * * * * ***************************** * * * Me * * * * Ma * * * * * ******** ******** * * * * * Ve * * Mo * * * * * ***************************** * Su * * * * * Ju * * * Ra * * * * * * *****************************Prabhu Sanjay says: "See the 12th from Atmakarakain the Navamsa chart for Ista devata":Surya is the Atmakaraka. Then, I have to take a look to Vrishchika to findmy Ishtadevata. How there isn't grahas, so I look for rasi drishtis, frommovable rasis, that is: Shani; Budha and Kuja; and Sukra.OK. I discard Shani, because hi is in his rasi of debilitation. I discardBudha, because hi is in an neutral sign. So, I guess Shukra is stronger thanBudha, because Shukra is in Adi Mitra with Sani.But Kuja, instead of been disposited in his debilitation rasi, is aspectinghis own house.¿Which one of this two should I have to choose?¿May I use the therm Mitra and Shatru in Navamsa chart?¿Or should I chose Shani, for be the one with more degrees?The deity who I feel more atracted, is Krishna in his expantion of LordNrishimhadeva. So I would think that Mangala wins for aspect his own rasi,BUT I understand that something is what you "feel", and other is what "itis". Please help me.Prabhu Sanjay and others explains that when is two or more grahas in the12th from Atma Karaka, you should chose the one who is stronger, taking asreference the degrees. But not say nothing (at least I haven't read it)about two or more rasi dristis.¿What is the meaning of AMATYA KARAKA? ¿What represents? I have read thechapter in BPSH about Karakas, and I didn't find the meaning of this word.Thanks a lot and Hare Krishna:Luis.OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html