Dear Bivash,

Namaste

Lunar day. Tithi pravesha chart with the up to the second in your

lunar day, month etc., and the the solar date equivalent of when your

lunar birthday happened. My Grandma used to have us celebrate our

lunar birthdays and never our solar birthdays. After offering

obeisances at the Temple, I was asked to pray to my ancestors at the

makeshift altar for the day and then oblations and donations are

given and then only, I was allowed to eat the prasad etc.

love,

Swee

On 14 Jan 2009, at 10:47, Bivash Ramroop wrote:

> Om Brihaspataye Namah

>

> Dear Members,

> Namaste

>

> Happy Makar Sankranti and a Happy Pongal!

>

> How does one find one's Lunar birthday?

>

> Is it based on tithi and the lunar month?

>

> Any help would be much appreciated!

>

> Jaya Sita Raama!

> Bivash

>

>

> ---

>

>

Jaya JagannathaIs this correct?YesSxOn 14 Jan 2009, at 15:11, Bivaash Ramroop wrote: Om Brihaspataye Namah   Dear Gurvi, Namaste   Thankyou for your reply.   Is it possible to find the date using Jhora?   I was fiddling with the Tithi Pravesha function just now and I came up with 5th February this year. According to the window which says Anual TP, it says Sukla Ekadasi in the month of Magha, which is the same details as my natal chart- although time changes to 20:10:04.   Is this correct? (details: 1st February 1985, 12:14:40 - rectified, Stanger South Africa). Am attaching my Jhora file, dont know if it will work though!   Jaya Sita Raama Bivash   --- On Wed, 1/14/09, Swee Chan <swee wrote: Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] How does one find one's Lunar Birthday Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:54 AM Jaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteLunar day. Tithi pravesha chart with the up to the second in your lunar day, month etc., and the the solar date equivalent of when your lunar birthday happened. My Grandma used to have us celebrate our lunar birthdays and never our solar birthdays. After offering obeisances at the Temple, I was asked to pray to my ancestors at the makeshift altar for the day and then oblations and donations are given and then only, I was allowed to eat the prasad etc.love,SweeOn 14 Jan 2009, at 10:47, Bivash Ramroop wrote:> Om Brihaspataye Namah>> Dear Members,> Namaste>> Happy Makar Sankranti and a Happy Pongal!>> How does one find one's Lunar birthday?>> Is it based on tithi and the lunar month?>> Any help would be much appreciated!>> Jaya Sita Raama!> Bivash>>> ------------ --------- --------- ------>>

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Bivash, NamasteThe way I understand it, Tithi Pravesha refers to that moment in time that the tithi remainder returns to the exact position in the Natal chart. The time you gave of 20:10:04 is 29 Ta 57' 18.76 " Mrig is where the tithi remiander of 42.89% is per your Natal position.

Your lunar return as per your initial enquiry when Moon is exactly as per your Natal chart at 25 Ta 43' 20.89 " Mrig on February 5th, 2009 is at 13:11:45 - a different reference point Best WishesBipin

2009/1/14 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya JagannathaIs this correct?

YesSxOn 14 Jan 2009, at 15:11, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

Om Brihaspataye Namah Dear Gurvi, Namaste Thankyou for your reply. Is it possible to find the date using Jhora?

I was fiddling with the Tithi Pravesha function just now and I came up with 5th February this year. According to the window which says Anual TP, it says Sukla Ekadasi in the month of Magha, which is the same details as my natal chart- although time changes to 20:10:04.

Is this correct? (details: 1st February 1985, 12:14:40 - rectified, Stanger South Africa). Am attaching my Jhora file, dont know if it will work though! Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash --- On Wed, 1/14/09, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] How does one find one's Lunar Birthday

Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:54 AM Jaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteLunar day. Tithi pravesha chart with the up to the second in your lunar day, month etc., and the the solar date equivalent of when your

lunar birthday happened. My Grandma used to have us celebrate our lunar birthdays and never our solar birthdays. After offering obeisances at the Temple, I was asked to pray to my ancestors at the makeshift altar for the day and then oblations and donations are

given and then only, I was allowed to eat the prasad etc.love,SweeOn 14 Jan 2009, at 10:47, Bivash Ramroop wrote:> Om Brihaspataye Namah>> Dear Members,

> Namaste>> Happy Makar Sankranti and a Happy Pongal!>> How does one find one's Lunar birthday?>> Is it based on tithi and the lunar month?>> Any help would be much appreciated!

>> Jaya Sita Raama!> Bivash>>> ------------ --------- --------- ------>>

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear SweeHare KrishnaI agree as this is the principle, but what I was referring to is that when you do the computations in JHL, you dont get the same degree for Moon and Tithi remainder - what am I missing

Best wishesBipin2009/1/14 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare KrishnaTithi pravesha is tithi return which is the exactly tithi linar time one took birth.love,

SweeOn 14 Jan 2009, at 18:22, Bipin Prag wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Bivash, NamasteThe way I understand it, Tithi Pravesha refers to that moment in time that the tithi remainder returns to the exact position in the Natal chart. The time you gave of 20:10:04 is 29 Ta 57' 18.76 " Mrig is where the tithi remiander of 42.89% is per your Natal position.

Your lunar return as per your initial enquiry when Moon is exactly as per your Natal chart at 25 Ta 43' 20.89 " Mrig on February 5th, 2009 is at 13:11:45 - a different reference pointBest WishesBipin

2009/1/14 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya Jagannatha

Is this correct?YesSxOn 14 Jan 2009, at 15:11, Bivaash Ramroop wrote:

Om Brihaspataye Namah Dear Gurvi,Namaste Thankyou for your reply. Is it possible to find the date using Jhora?

I was fiddling with the Tithi Pravesha function just now and I came up with 5th February this year. According to the window which says Anual TP, it says Sukla Ekadasi in the month of Magha, which is the same details as my natal chart- although time changes to 20:10:04.

Is this correct? (details: 1st February 1985, 12:14:40 - rectified, Stanger South Africa). Am attaching my Jhora file, dont know if it will work though! Jaya Sita RaamaBivash

--- On Wed, 1/14/09, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <sweeRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] How does one find one's Lunar Birthday

Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:54 AMJaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteLunar day. Tithi pravesha chart with the up to the second in your lunar day, month etc., and the the solar date equivalent of when your

lunar birthday happened. My Grandma used to have us celebrate our lunar birthdays and never our solar birthdays. After offering obeisances at the Temple, I was asked to pray to my ancestors at the

makeshift altar for the day and then oblations and donations are given and then only, I was allowed to eat the prasad etc.love,SweeOn 14 Jan 2009, at 10:47, Bivash Ramroop wrote:

> Om Brihaspataye Namah>> Dear Members,> Namaste>> Happy Makar Sankranti and a Happy Pongal!>> How does one find one's Lunar birthday?>> Is it based on tithi and the lunar month?

>> Any help would be much appreciated!>> Jaya Sita Raama!> Bivash>>> ------------ --------- --------- ------>>

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare KrishnaWell I'm glad you took the trouble to read in between the lines. No birthdays as such are really worth celebrating and that is why we as children were put through all these "customs". M. The collective consciousness is really encapsulated within the nakshatras versus mother earth whence our birth took place and this forms as one part of the tripod of life. The Sun is the karaka for Father, soul etc., but without Mother Earth/Bhuvaneshvari, how were we really able to take birth and live or not, in an instant or until age 120, in New York or in Vrindavan? "As above, so below" is the saying, and the reason why the Sun-Moon yoga is a good method for a snap view of the quality of one's life. According to the Mahabharata, only a Mother can take away a curse. No rishi nor deva nor guru has the power to do so. You will note that an entire chapter from the Visnu Dharmottara is devoted to the adulation of nakshatras for an entire year. The lunar months are based on the full Moon of that month and all throughout the month, devas alike feed on the ambrosia until the last day of the lunar month from the afternoon until the next sunrise, the Pitris partake their share. This also suggests that the Sun's traversal into another sign every month is good for offering oblations to your ancestors (eldest male in the family should lead) and the rest of the time, Moon based remedies are best. It was the Moon that exposed Rahu, incase you've forgotten and affliction to the Moon causes all types of yaksma (TB) - lymphatic TB etc, pleurisy, heart conditions are all Moon related. love,SweeOn 19 Jan 2009, at 20:31, Bipin Prag wrote:Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear SweeHare KrishnaIts amazing to hear about all the old traditions.  So much of it has been lost nowadays with youngsters passing these off as tradition, but all these little things had some significance.My question is, which birthday is better to celebrate.  I would think Solar Birthday as its represents the soul.  The Moon is part of our collective consciousness that was transferred to this lifetime together with intelligence and maya.  By celebrating the lunar birthday can one deduce that we are honouring that state of transformed mind which is transformed from the time of birth.  But this still embodies something of a secondary nature.  Would it not be better to honour our solar birthday as it essence of the soul is what is being honoured.Forgive me for speculating on this.  Please do share your thoughts on this.Best WishesBipin2009/1/14 Swee Chan <sweeJaya JagannathaDear Bivash,NamasteLunar day. Tithi pravesha chart with the up to the second in your lunar day, month etc., and the the solar date equivalent of when your lunar birthday happened. My Grandma used to have us celebrate our lunar birthdays and never our solar birthdays. After offering obeisances at the Temple, I was asked to pray to my ancestors at the makeshift altar for the day and then oblations and donations are given and then only, I was allowed to eat the prasad etc.love,SweeOn 14 Jan 2009, at 10:47, Bivash Ramroop wrote:> Om Brihaspataye Namah>> Dear Members,> Namaste>> Happy Makar Sankranti and a Happy Pongal!>> How does one find one's Lunar birthday?>> Is it based on tithi and the lunar month?>> Any help would be much appreciated!>> Jaya Sita Raama!> Bivash>>> --->>