How to calculate Abhijeet Muhurta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Bipin,

Hare Krishna

I already read Sanjayji's article on Muhurta before I posed my

question.

I just need confirmation if my formula is correct.

Since from sunrise to noon constitutes 7 1/2 Muhurta, and the last

1/2 Muhurta is the first half of Abhijeet, then:

Time of sunrise + (7 x 48 minutes) = start of Abhijeet.

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash

, " Bipin Prag " <bipinprag wrote:

>

> Om Namo Bhagavate Pramgurave

>

> Dear Bivash, Namaste

>

> Please try the search engine I set up for igoogle.

>

> Here is the first page from a search of the SJC websites

>

> Muhurta IThe eighth muhurta spanning the last ½ Muhurta of the

morning and

> first ½ Muhurta of the afternoon is called Abhijit Muhurta and is

very

> auspisious as it ...

> srath.com/lessons/beginner/muhurta1.htm - 26k - Cached

>

> Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Muhurtha19 Dec 2007 ... Calculations:

The

> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra.

The

> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. ...

> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2007/12/muhurtha.html - 110k - Cached

>

> Pt.Sanjay Rath - Namaste! We welcome the divine in youRe: Satyam

interesting

> bit · Re: Brahma-Abhijit-Godhuli Muhurta ... नमसà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤°

Nakshatra Mandala

> defined including calculation of Abhijit 28th Nakshatra ...

> srath.com/ - 51k - Cached

>

> Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008Calculations: The

> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra.

The

> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. So one muhurtha(48 ...

> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html - 340k -

Cached

>

> SambandhaBrahma muhurta coinciding with Brahma gayatri starts the

day. The

> activities reach an acme at midday, which is called 'Abhijit

muhurta'

> coinciding with ...

> srath.com/lessons/beginner/sambandha.htm - 79k - Cached

>

> Sunrise/Sunset Rahu Kalam CalculationMuhurta, Nakshatra

Correspondance,

> Assuming 6AM Sunrise ... 8, Abhijit / Vidhi, Abhijit, 11:36:00 am.

> Vidhata / Satamukhi, Rohini, 12:24:00 pm ...

> www.geocities.com/sanjayprabhakaran/ganeshtithi.html - 62k - Cached

>

> Nakshatra IMuhurta I ... The span of Abhijit is determined

proportionally as

> (7h 38min / 24 hrs) x 130 20' = 40 14' 13 " . ... Abhijit (Lorded by

> Mahavisnu) indicates the direction in which the Sun (i.e. solar

system) is

> precessing in the universe. ...

> srath.com/lessons/beginner/naksatra01.htm - 281k - Cached

>

> Varahamihira: 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004In fact, the author of

Muhurtha tattva

> goes to the extent of saying that in cases of ..... The remaining

one pada

> of Uttarashadha is assigned to Abhijit, ...

> varahamihira.blogspot.com/2004_09_23_varahamihira_archive.html -

130k -

> Cached

>

> LessonsMuhurta I, Examining the concepts associated with this time

measure

> and definition of ... characteristics as well as calculation of

Abhijit 28th

> Nakshatra ...

> srath.com/lessons/lessons.htm - 22k - Cached

>

> Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Nakshatras - 27 Wives of MoonSanjay

Prabhakaran

> said... Reference Muhurtha By Dr. BV Raman · 12:47 AM · Sanjay

Prabhakaran

> said... Ghätaka. Cakra · 12:44 AM · Sanjay Prabhakaran

said. ...

> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2005/07/nakshatras-27-wives-of-moon.

html -

> 349k

>

> Hope this helps

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

> ps: ive sent the search engine link again via a seperate email

>

> 2009/1/20 Bivash Ramroop <bivaash108

>

> > Om Brihaspataye Namah

> >

> > Dear Gurvi and members,

> > Namaste

> >

> > How does one calculate Abhijeet Muhurta?

> >

> > Is it Time of Sunrise + (7 X 48 min)?

> >

> > Jaya Sita Raama

> > Bivash

> >

> >

> >

>

Om Brihaspataye Namah

Dear Bipin,

Hare Krishna

Thanks!

I forgot that Sanjayji mentions in his article that one muhurta is not exactly 48 minutes due to changing sunrise and sunset!

So formula would be:

(Time of Sunrise + Time of Sunset) / 2 = Noon

Noon - 24 minutes = start of Abhijeet

Noon + 24 minutes = end of Abhijeet

I'll use Sanjay P's example:

If sunrise is 6:00 and sunset is 18:00

then noon would be 12:00.

Abhijeet will be from 11:36 to 12:24

Thanks again!

Jaya Sita Raama

Bivash

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

Bipin Prag <bipinpragRe: [Jaya Jagannatha] Re: How to calculate Abhijeet Muhurta Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 9:23 AM

Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

Dear Bivash

Hare Krishna

Take the midpoint of Sunrise and Sunset and add and subtract 24 minutes will give you Abhijeet Muhurta

Best Wishes

Bipin

2009/1/21 Bivash Ramroop <bivaash108 >

Om Brihaspataye NamahDear Bipin, Hare KrishnaI already read Sanjayji's article on Muhurta before I posed my question.I just need confirmation if my formula is correct.Since from sunrise to noon constitutes 7 1/2 Muhurta, and the last 1/2 Muhurta is the first half of Abhijeet, then:Time of sunrise + (7 x 48 minutes) = start of Abhijeet. Jaya Sita RaamaBivash

@gro ups.com, "Bipin Prag" <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Pramgurave> > Dear Bivash, Namaste> > Please try the search engine I set up for igoogle.> > Here is the first page from a search of the SJC websites> > Muhurta IThe eighth muhurta spanning the last ½ Muhurta of the morning and> first ½ Muhurta of the afternoon is called Abhijit Muhurta and is

very> auspisious as it ...> srath.com/lessons/ beginner/ muhurta1. htm - 26k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Muhurtha19 Dec 2007 ... Calculations: The> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra. The> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. ...> sanjayprabhakaran. blogspot. com/2007/ 12/muhurtha. html - 110k - Cached> > Pt.Sanjay Rath - Namaste! We welcome the divine in youRe: Satyam interesting> bit · Re: Brahma-Abhijit- Godhuli Muhurta ... नमसॠकार

Nakshatra Mandala> defined including calculation of Abhijit 28th Nakshatra ...> srath.com/ - 51k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008Calculati ons: The> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra. The> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. So one muhurtha(48 ...> sanjayprabhakaran. blogspot. com/2007_ 12_01_archive. html - 340k - Cached> > SambandhaBrahma muhurta coinciding with Brahma gayatri starts the day. The> activities reach an acme at midday, which is called 'Abhijit muhurta'> coinciding with ...> srath.com/lessons/ beginner/

sambandha. htm - 79k - Cached> > Sunrise/Sunset Rahu Kalam CalculationMuhurta, Nakshatra Correspondance,> Assuming 6AM Sunrise ... 8, Abhijit / Vidhi, Abhijit, 11:36:00 am. 9,> Vidhata / Satamukhi, Rohini, 12:24:00 pm ...> www.geocities. com/sanjayprabha karan/ganeshtith i.html - 62k - Cached> > Nakshatra IMuhurta I ... The span of Abhijit is determined proportionally as> (7h 38min / 24 hrs) x 130 20' = 40 14' 13". ... Abhijit (Lorded by> Mahavisnu) indicates the direction in which the Sun (i.e. solar system) is> precessing in the universe. ...> srath.com/lessons/ beginner/ naksatra01. htm - 281k - Cached> > Varahamihira: 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004In fact, the

author of Muhurtha tattva> goes to the extent of saying that in cases of ..... The remaining one pada> of Uttarashadha is assigned to Abhijit, ...> varahamihira. blogspot. com/2004_ 09_23_varahamihi ra_archive. html - 130k -> Cached> > LessonsMuhurta I, Examining the concepts associated with this time measure> and definition of ... characteristics as well as calculation of Abhijit 28th> Nakshatra ...> srath.com/lessons/ lessons.htm - 22k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Nakshatras - 27 Wives of MoonSanjay Prabhakaran> said... Reference Muhurtha By Dr. BV Raman · 12:47 AM · Sanjay Prabhakaran> said... Ghätaka. Cakra ·

12:44 AM · Sanjay Prabhakaran

said. ...> sanjayprabhakaran. blogspot. com/2005/ 07/nakshatras- 27-wives- of-moon. html -> 349k> > Hope this helps> > Best Wishes> > Bipin> > ps: ive sent the search engine link again via a seperate email> > 2009/1/20 Bivash Ramroop <bivaash108@. ..>

> > > Om Brihaspataye Namah> >> > Dear Gurvi and members,> > Namaste> >> > How does one calculate Abhijeet Muhurta?> >> > Is it Time of Sunrise + (7 X 48 min)?> >> > Jaya Sita Raama> > Bivash> >> > > >>

Dear Bivash,

If I may interject, Abhijit Muhurta is the period of 48 minutes that saddles the half of a day from Sunrise to Sunset and again from sunset to next day's sunrise. Since the day length varies with season, the time of beginning of Abhjit muhurta changes with season.

Chandrashekhar.

-

Bivash Ramroop

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:41 AM

[Jaya Jagannatha] Re: How to calculate Abhijeet Muhurta

Om Brihaspataye NamahDear Bipin, Hare KrishnaI already read Sanjayji's article on Muhurta before I posed my question.I just need confirmation if my formula is correct.Since from sunrise to noon constitutes 7 1/2 Muhurta, and the last 1/2 Muhurta is the first half of Abhijeet, then:Time of sunrise + (7 x 48 minutes) = start of Abhijeet. Jaya Sita RaamaBivash , "Bipin Prag" <bipinprag wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Pramgurave> > Dear Bivash, Namaste> > Please try the search engine I set up for igoogle.> > Here is the first page from a search of the SJC websites> > Muhurta IThe eighth muhurta spanning the last ½ Muhurta of the morning and> first ½ Muhurta of the afternoon is called Abhijit Muhurta and is very> auspisious as it ...> srath.com/lessons/beginner/muhurta1.htm - 26k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Muhurtha19 Dec 2007 ... Calculations: The> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra. The> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. ...> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2007/12/muhurtha.html - 110k - Cached> > Pt.Sanjay Rath - Namaste! We welcome the divine in youRe: Satyam interesting> bit · Re: Brahma-Abhijit-Godhuli Muhurta ... नमसà¥à¤•à¤¾à¤° Nakshatra Mandala> defined including calculation of Abhijit 28th Nakshatra ...> srath.com/ - 51k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008Calculations: The> complete calculation of muhurtha is fixed around Abhijit nakshatra. The> mid-day is called called Abhijit Muhurtha. So one muhurtha(48 ...> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html - 340k - Cached> > SambandhaBrahma muhurta coinciding with Brahma gayatri starts the day. The> activities reach an acme at midday, which is called 'Abhijit muhurta'> coinciding with ...> srath.com/lessons/beginner/sambandha.htm - 79k - Cached> > Sunrise/Sunset Rahu Kalam CalculationMuhurta, Nakshatra Correspondance,> Assuming 6AM Sunrise ... 8, Abhijit / Vidhi, Abhijit, 11:36:00 am. 9,> Vidhata / Satamukhi, Rohini, 12:24:00 pm ...> www.geocities.com/sanjayprabhakaran/ganeshtithi.html - 62k - Cached> > Nakshatra IMuhurta I ... The span of Abhijit is determined proportionally as> (7h 38min / 24 hrs) x 130 20' = 40 14' 13". ... Abhijit (Lorded by> Mahavisnu) indicates the direction in which the Sun (i.e. solar system) is> precessing in the universe. ...> srath.com/lessons/beginner/naksatra01.htm - 281k - Cached> > Varahamihira: 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004In fact, the author of Muhurtha tattva> goes to the extent of saying that in cases of ..... The remaining one pada> of Uttarashadha is assigned to Abhijit, ...> varahamihira.blogspot.com/2004_09_23_varahamihira_archive.html - 130k -> Cached> > LessonsMuhurta I, Examining the concepts associated with this time measure> and definition of ... characteristics as well as calculation of Abhijit 28th> Nakshatra ...> srath.com/lessons/lessons.htm - 22k - Cached> > Jyotish Notes and Thoughts: Nakshatras - 27 Wives of MoonSanjay Prabhakaran> said... Reference Muhurtha By Dr. BV Raman · 12:47 AM · Sanjay Prabhakaran> said... Ghätaka. Cakra · 12:44 AM · Sanjay Prabhakaran said. ...> sanjayprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2005/07/nakshatras-27-wives-of-moon. html -> 349k> > Hope this helps> > Best Wishes> > Bipin> > ps: ive sent the search engine link again via a seperate email> > 2009/1/20 Bivash Ramroop <bivaash108> > > Om Brihaspataye Namah> >> > Dear Gurvi and members,> > Namaste> >> > How does one calculate Abhijeet Muhurta?> >> > Is it Time of Sunrise + (7 X 48 min)?> >> > Jaya Sita Raama> > Bivash> >> > > >>