>

> Thanks and Regards

> Bharat

>

>

>

Namaste, Sri Sanjay.

I respectfully ask that you consider the following re "magnetism":

As I understand it, magnetism is the force of attraction in the material, e.g., two physical objects exerting a 'magnetic attraction' to one another, and emotional, i.e., two people "attracted" to one another, planes.

Furthermore, it is my understanding that Venus is the graha associated with desire, attachment, and attraction. Therefore, it would seem that Venus would be the graha karaka (planetary indicator) for magnetism.

As for Jupiter, I can understand the argument that Jupiter is (spiritual?) "direction" and that a compass shows direction by aligning with "magnetic north". However, magnetism seems to be a force which has application beyond a mere compass. As for Saturn, my understanding is that this planetary energy is more concerned with de-taching; hence, would be the opposite (?) of magnetism.

If you - or others, would be so kind as to correct my misunderstanding of these matters it would be much appreciated.

Namaste, David LaGrone

Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiarsohamsa Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:56:34 AMRe: Magnetism

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Bharat, On a first thought, I would take it to be Saturn (or Rahu maybe since it's like saturn). Reason: Saturn rules Iron, and Iron/Steel is one of the best source for magnetism. Magnet Attacts iron pieces.On a Second thought: I can give jupiter !yes :)reason: Magnets are used to find directions (dig) Jupiter rules the Akaasha tattva for space and directions. I cast a prashna now (3:21PM Chennai), I get Jupiter rules lagna saggittarius. Jupiter is with Rahu.Warm Regards.Sanjay P.

2009/8/18 Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu

NamasteCan anyone suggest which is the indicator graha for Magnetism, magnetic materials and magnetic field?Thanks and RegardsBharat

Om Namah Shivaya,

Dear Sanjay, Jk and others,

Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep

them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the

sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash,

and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or

Guru...

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa , Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

>

> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

>

> Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste

>

> Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add

> something

>

> Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the

> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to

> some degree

>

> Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic

> field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn)

> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of

> Rahu and Ketu respectively

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

Namaste ZoranThe quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the gravitational pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in orbit and not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created when an electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential difference.

The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The reason why Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because Earth has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the effect of a current.

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,

Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa , Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

>

>

>

> something

>

> some degree

>

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

Namaste SanjaySaturn does look likely an indicator for Magnetic material. What are your views on Magnetic Field? Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar wrote:

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Bharat, On a first thought, I would take it to be Saturn (or Rahu maybe since it's like saturn).  Reason: Saturn rules Iron, and Iron/Steel is one of the best source for magnetism. Magnet Attacts iron pieces.

On a Second thought: I can give jupiter  !yes :)reason: Magnets are used to find directions (dig) Jupiter rules the Akaasha tattva for space and directions. I cast a prashna now (3:21PM Chennai), I get Jupiter rules lagna saggittarius. Jupiter is with Rahu.

Warm Regards.Sanjay P.2009/8/18 Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu

NamasteCan anyone suggest which is the indicator graha for Magnetism, magnetic materials and magnetic field?Thanks and RegardsBharat

Dear Zoran and all,

Namaskar. Interesting discussion.

If I am correct, it is the gravitational force of sun keeps all planets in their orbits and gravitational force of earth keeps everything together here including Moon. So no doubt it is akash tattwa and so Jupiter. But probably gravitational field and magnetism is not same, as far as I can remember my physics course in my school days (those sweet old days)

The gravitational field of the Earth is caused by its density. Unlike the magnetic field the gravity field is essentially a monopole. While the Earth's magnetic field is mostly caused by elctric currents in the liquid outer core. So both are not same. The mangetic field is also used for various purposes by human. But probably the basic use is to ascertain direction like use of compass. Birds and turtles can detect the Earth's magnetic field, and use the field to navigate during migration.

So can we consider magnetism as a type of energy formed by electrical energy? I think that will be logical. So what will be the karaka planet? Mars? He also rules martaloka.

Regards

Jk

sohamsa [sohamsa ]On Behalf Of ahimsavm19 August 2009 02:47sohamsa Subject: Re: Magnetism

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Sanjay, Jk and others,Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...Best wishesZoransohamsa , Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave> > Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste> > Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add> something> > Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to> some degree> > Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic> field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn)> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of> Rahu and Ketu respectively> > Best Wishes> > Bipin>

Hare rama krsnaI agree michal; Ketu. Straining my memory, I remember Guruji talking about ancient magnets in the lighthouses in Orissa some years back and the relation to Ketu in this way.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryMichal Dziwulski Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:22:48 -0700 (PDT)<sohamsa >Re: Re: Magnetism Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu. Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars. This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land. The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu. This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.Regards,MichalBharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu >sohamsa Sent: Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism Namaste ZoranThe quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the gravitational pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in orbit and not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created when an electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential difference. The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The reason why Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because Earth has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the effect of a current. Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote: Om Namah Shivaya, Dear Sanjay, Jk and others, Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru... Best wishes Zoran sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote: > > Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave > > Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste > > Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add > something > > Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the > significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to > some degree > > Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic > field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn) > translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of > Rahu and Ketu respectively > > Best Wishes > > Bipin > Email slow, clunky, unreliable? Switch to Xtra Mail, New Zealand's new email address.

Dear All,

Just as Jupiter rules Akash Tattva, which holds everything together, as Guru he teaches people to stay together and not fall apart. And as Guru he has the real weight or gravity in both physical and metaphorical sense. Because the Sun has a lot of weight too he has a lot of gravitational force.

Iron, represented by Saturn, most easily becomes magnetized by falling under the influence of Rahu/Ketu polarity, just as the ordinary person becomes easily swayed by their influences. In fact they steal Jupiter's place and then society under their influence descends into polarities, where eventually brother kills brother.

(guru chandala influence).

So I would say Jupiter for gravity and nodes for magnetism. Saturn can hardly be the Karaka for magnetism - that would make him attractive.

Regards

Gordon

OM Namo Bhagavathe Rudrayah !!!

Freedomji Namaste,

Can you please expand this discussion on magnets and their relations with different planets?

There were different types of magnets in different light houses in Orissa. The scientific/Vaastu reason for that could be to counter the negative impacts of radioactivity with relation to the different forms of energy from different planets. Coastal Orissa has a high natural radiation environment and Konark was the most. Two years back, Research from IIT Kharagpur have found high natural radiation on the coast of Erasama (Orissa) beach.

So my question as per our Hindu astrology "Is there any relationship between different forms of magnets and our planets"?

Debasis Dash--- On Thu, 8/20/09, freeflowaum <freeflowaum wrote:

freeflowaum <freeflowaumRe: Re: MagnetismsohamsaDate: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 6:55 AM

Hare rama krsnaI agree michal; Ketu. Straining my memory, I remember Guruji talking about ancient magnets in the lighthouses in Orissa some years back and the relation to Ketu in this way.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Michal Dziwulski Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:22:48 -0700 (PDT)<sohamsa@ .com>Re: Re: Magnetism

Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu. Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars. This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land. The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu. This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.Regards,Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu@ gmail.com>sohamsa@ .comWednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism

Namaste ZoranThe quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the gravitational pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in orbit and not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created when an electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential difference. The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The reason why Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because Earth has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the effect of a current. Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharat

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Sanjay, Jk and others,Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...Best wishesZoran

sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave> > Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste> > Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add> something> > Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to> some degree> > Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic> field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn)> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of> Rahu and Ketu respectively> > Best

Wishes> > Bipin>

Email slow, clunky, unreliable? Switch to Xtra Mail, New Zealand's new email address.

Om Gurave NamahDear Michal, namasteThat Ketu/Mangal reminded me of Tesla's Navasa Lagna...Just a thought, not a reminder :)Warm Regards,Maja StrbacHari Om Tat Sat--- On Wed, 8/19/09, Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal wrote:Michal Dziwulski <nearmichalRe: Re: Magnetismsohamsa Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 5:22 PM

Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu. Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars. This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land. The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu. This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.Regards,MichalBharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu@ gmail.com>sohamsa@ .comWednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism

Namaste ZoranThe quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the gravitational pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in orbit and not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created when an electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential difference.

The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The reason why Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because Earth has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the effect of a current.

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,

Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:

>

>

>

> something

>

> some degree

>

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

Email slow, clunky, unreliable? Switch to Xtra Mail, New Zealand's new email address.

OM SHRI RAGHAVENDRA GURUBHYO NAMAHDear Michal Ji,I have another idea.Magnetism means attraction towards iron related things.Iron is governed by Shani whose own own house is Makara Rashi.Now we know that Kuja is exalted in Makara Rashi which means iron is attracted by Mars energy !!!.Also we know a famous Sanskrit Shloka about Kuja :DHARANIGARBHA SAMBHUTAM VIDYUTKANTI SAMAPRABHAM.

KUMARAM SHAKTIHASTAM CA MANGALAM PRANAMAAMYAHAM.So our Maharshis have clearly stated that Kuja has Vidyut Kanti which is nothing but electro magnetic energy.So Kuja /Mars is the only planet who is responsible for magnetic energy.

Eventhough the Shloka " Kujavad Ketu " is there,Ketu is a planet of renunciation,so Ketu can not attract anything except Sanyasa !!!With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal wrote:

Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu.  Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars.  This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land.  The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. 

I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu.  This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.

Regards,Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindusohamsa

Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:

>

>

>

> something

>

> some degree

>

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Vidyut MW 1 to flash forth, lighten, shine forth (as the rising

sun) RV. & c. & c. to illuminate MBh, to illuminate , irradiate ,

enlighten , make brilliant MBh. R. & c to shine brightly RV. ..which are the

primary meanings and in general it has been used in hindi to mean lightening as

this also illumines the sky. MW also includes 2 mfn. flashing , shining ,

glittering RV. VS. A1s3vGr2. f. lightning (rarely n.) , a flashing

thunderbolt (as the weapon of the Maruts) RV. & c. & c.

Thus vidyut as a weapon or thunderbolt is primarily the weapon

of Indra who is the devata of Brihaspati (Parashara)

In this context Shri Vedavyaasa refers to the power of

illumination or the agni tattva of Mars as the word vi-dyut is derived from

dyut

Vidyut kanti is the power of the lightening to burn trees and

this burning of the trees and other substances that the stroke of lightening

touches is symbolic of Mars as Mars symbolises all weapons in the first place.

However, even though all weapons were fashioned from the tejas of the Sun by

Rudra, they belong to the different devata and these become their fighting

power. Thus, Sudarshana chakra was given to Vishnu and although it has the

highest potency of the Sun and symbolises the Suns burning power we cannot

dissociate it from Vishnu. Similarly we cannot dissocite the vajra

(thunderbolt) from Indra.

Vidyut is the striking power of vajra as well as its power of

illumination (dyut).

Magnetic power ... what is magnetic power? In this context Zoran

was talking about the power of attraction like when we say *magnetic

personality*. This is the essence of akasha tattva which attracts everyone.

Energy is interchangable and this is where we are mistaking one for another.

Heat and Light are the two parts of Agni tattva – one ruled by Mars (heat,

burning power) and the other ruled by Sun (illumining power). Electric energy

can burn and can also illumine based on the manner it is converted. Thus Jup is

either converted to Ma or Su ...lords of the trines to its moolatrikona.

Please think in these lines and you will appreciate thw words of

Zoran.

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

WebPages: http://srath.com

Jaimini Scholar: http://sohamsa.com

SJC: http://.org

Jyotish Digest, Books: http://sagittariuspublications.com

sohamsa

[sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Ramdas Hosabettu

21 August 2009 23:21

sohamsa

Re: Re: Magnetism

OM SHRI

RAGHAVENDRA GURUBHYO NAMAH

Dear Michal

Ji,

I have

another idea.Magnetism means attraction towards iron related things.Iron is

governed by Shani whose own own house is Makara Rashi.Now we know that Kuja is

exalted in Makara Rashi which means iron is attracted by Mars energy !!!.Also

we know a famous Sanskrit Shloka about Kuja :DHARANIGARBHA SAMBHUTAM

VIDYUTKANTI SAMAPRABHAM.

KUMARAM

SHAKTIHASTAM CA MANGALAM PRANAMAAMYAHAM.

So our

Maharshis have clearly stated that Kuja has Vidyut Kanti which is nothing but

electro magnetic energy.So Kuja /Mars is the only planet who is responsible for

magnetic energy.

Eventhough

the Shloka " Kujavad Ketu " is there,Ketu is a planet of renunciation,so

Ketu can not attract anything except Sanyasa !!!

With

Regards,

Ramadas

Rao.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal wrote:

Hare Rama Krsna ||

Dear Bharat and all,

If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think

Ketu. Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of

Mars. This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu

is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land. The land is a

flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions.

I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord

is Ketu.

This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of

Mars and Ketu.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu

sohamsa

Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PM

Namaste Zoran

The quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the gravitational

pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in orbit and

not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created when an

electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential difference.

The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The reason why

Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because Earth

has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the effect of a

current.

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be

the one for magnetic field.

Please check.

Thanks and Regards

Bharat

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM,

ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT)

com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,

Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and

keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth

and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is

akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter

or Guru...

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa@

..com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:

>

>

>

> something

>

> some degree

>

> Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a

magnetic

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

om namo

bhagavate narasimhaya

Dear Jyotisha

Magnetism->connecting->yoga->akasha->Jupiter.

We should go to the core (anta) of the things. Substance can have one

karaka, but the descriptive/associated element can have other karaka.

Regards

Rafal Gendarz

SJC Jyotish Guru

--------------

Consultations & Pages

http://rohinaa.com

rafal

Sanjay Rath pisze:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Vidyut MW 1 to flash

forth, lighten, shine forth (as the rising

sun) RV. & c. & c. to illuminate MBh, to illuminate , irradiate ,

enlighten , make brilliant MBh. R. & c to shine brightly RV. ..which

are the

primary meanings and in general it has been used in hindi to mean

lightening as

this also illumines the sky. MW also includes 2 mfn. flashing , shining

glittering RV. VS. A1s3vGr2. f. lightning (rarely n.) , a

flashing

thunderbolt (as the weapon of the Maruts) RV. & c. & c.

Thus vidyut as a

weapon or thunderbolt is primarily the weapon

of Indra who is the devata of Brihaspati (Parashara)

In this context Shri

Vedavyaasa refers to the power of

illumination or the agni tattva of Mars as the word vi-dyut is derived

from

dyut

Vidyut kanti is the

power of the lightening to burn trees and

this burning of the trees and other substances that the stroke of

lightening

touches is symbolic of Mars as Mars symbolises all weapons in the first

place.

However, even though all weapons were fashioned from the tejas of the

Sun by

Rudra, they belong to the different devata and these become their

fighting

power. Thus, Sudarshana chakra was given to Vishnu and although it has

the

highest potency of the Sun and symbolises the Suns burning power we

cannot

dissociate it from Vishnu. Similarly we cannot dissocite the vajra

(thunderbolt) from Indra.

Vidyut is the

striking power of vajra as well as its power of

illumination (dyut).

Magnetic power ...

what is magnetic power? In this context Zoran

was talking about the power of attraction like when we say *magnetic

personality*. This is the essence of akasha tattva which attracts

everyone.

Energy is interchangable and this is where we are mistaking one for

another.

Heat and Light are the two parts of Agni tattva – one ruled by Mars

(heat,

burning power) and the other ruled by Sun (illumining power). Electric

energy

can burn and can also illumine based on the manner it is converted.

Thus Jup is

either converted to Ma or Su ...lords of the trines to its moolatrikona.

Please think in

these lines and you will appreciate thw words of

Zoran.

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

Jyotish Digest,

Books: http://sagittariuspublications.com

sohamsa

[sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Ramdas

Hosabettu

21 August 2009 23:21

sohamsa

OM SHRI

RAGHAVENDRA GURUBHYO NAMAH

Dear Michal

Ji,

I have

another idea.Magnetism means attraction towards iron related

things.Iron is

governed by Shani whose own own house is Makara Rashi.Now we know that

Kuja is

exalted in Makara Rashi which means iron is attracted by Mars energy

!!!.Also

we know a famous Sanskrit Shloka about Kuja :DHARANIGARBHA SAMBHUTAM

VIDYUTKANTI SAMAPRABHAM.

KUMARAM

SHAKTIHASTAM CA MANGALAM PRANAMAAMYAHAM.

So our

Maharshis have clearly stated that Kuja has Vidyut Kanti which is

nothing but

electro magnetic energy.So Kuja /Mars is the only planet who is

responsible for

magnetic energy.

Eventhough

the Shloka " Kujavad Ketu " is there,Ketu is a planet of renunciation,so

Ketu can not attract anything except Sanyasa !!!

With

Regards,

Ramadas

Rao.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Michal

Dziwulski <nearmichal >

wrote:

Hare

Rama Krsna ||

Dear Bharat and all,

If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would

think

Ketu.  Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version

of

Mars.  This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and

Ketu

is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land.  The land is

a

flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. 

I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose

co-lord

is Ketu. 

This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or

cooperation of

Mars and Ketu.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu >

sohamsa

Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PM

Namaste

Zoran

The quality of the mass that pulls things together. This is the

gravitational

pull. This is one of the Newton's laws. This is what keeps Earth in

orbit and

not the magnetic field. Magnetic field is something that is created

when an

electric current passes through a coil by creating a potential

difference.

The reason for gravitional pull of Earth is that it has Mass. The

reason why

Earth has a magnetic field has no clear answers. Some say it is because

Earth

has an iron core and the movement of the molten lava causes the the

effect of a

current.

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may

not be

the one for magnetic field.

Please check.

Thanks and Regards

Bharat

On

Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM,

ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT)

com> wrote:

Om

Namah Shivaya,

Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together

and

keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the

earth

and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit.

That is

akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is

Jupiter

or Guru...

Best wishes

Zoran

sohamsa@

..com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:

>

>

>

> Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I

can add

> something

>

> Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn

should be the

> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic

field to

> some degree

>

> Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a

magnetic

> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary

natures of

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

Email slow, clunky, unreliable? Switch to Xtra Mail, New Zealand's new email

address.

Namaste Rafal

Magnetism does not mean only to attract or connect. Magnetism also means to repel with an equal power. It is the force of attraction and repulsion that drives alternators and provide you with electricity. And we relate all pairs of opposites to Rahu-Ketu, then, why not magnetism?

You are right we should go into core of things, including question our own knowledge of things.

Magnetic field around earth is not a force for attraction. Instead it is repulsing a lot of harmful solar wind. If this solar wind were to reach Earth's surface it could cause widespread damage. Rahu-Ketu and Saturn are repulsive to Sun's power.

I am sorry if I appear like a devil's advocate, but it is only to understand this subject more for an important research.

Please think more and do discuss.

Thanks and Regards

Bharat

2009/8/22 Rafał Gendarz <starsuponme

om namo bhagavate narasimhayaDear JyotishaMagnetism->connecting->yoga->akasha->Jupiter.We should go to the core (anta) of the things. Substance can have one karaka, but the descriptive/associated element can have other karaka.

RegardsRafal GendarzSJC Jyotish Guru--------------Consultations & Pageshttp://rohinaa.comrafal

Sanjay Rath pisze:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Vidyut MW 1 to flash forth, lighten, shine forth (as the rising sun) RV. & c. & c. to illuminate MBh, to illuminate , irradiate , enlighten , make brilliant MBh. R. & c to shine brightly RV. ..which are the primary meanings and in general it has been used in hindi to mean lightening as this also illumines the sky. MW also includes 2 mfn. flashing , shining , glittering RV. VS. A1s3vGr2. f. lightning (rarely n.) , a flashing thunderbolt (as the weapon of the Maruts) RV. & c. & c.

Thus vidyut as a weapon or thunderbolt is primarily the weapon of Indra who is the devata of Brihaspati (Parashara)

In this context Shri Vedavyaasa refers to the power of illumination or the agni tattva of Mars as the word vi-dyut is derived from dyut

Vidyut kanti is the power of the lightening to burn trees and this burning of the trees and other substances that the stroke of lightening touches is symbolic of Mars as Mars symbolises all weapons in the first place. However, even though all weapons were fashioned from the tejas of the Sun by Rudra, they belong to the different devata and these become their fighting power. Thus, Sudarshana chakra was given to Vishnu and although it has the highest potency of the Sun and symbolises the Suns burning power we cannot dissociate it from Vishnu. Similarly we cannot dissocite the vajra (thunderbolt) from Indra.

Vidyut is the striking power of vajra as well as its power of illumination (dyut).

Magnetic power ... what is magnetic power? In this context Zoran was talking about the power of attraction like when we say *magnetic personality*. This is the essence of akasha tattva which attracts everyone. Energy is interchangable and this is where we are mistaking one for another. Heat and Light are the two parts of Agni tattva – one ruled by Mars (heat, burning power) and the other ruled by Sun (illumining power). Electric energy can burn and can also illumine based on the manner it is converted. Thus Jup is either converted to Ma or Su ...lords of the trines to its moolatrikona.

Please think in these lines and you will appreciate thw words of Zoran.

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Ramdas Hosabettu

21 August 2009 23:21sohamsa Subject: Re: Re: Magnetism

OM SHRI RAGHAVENDRA GURUBHYO NAMAH

Dear Michal Ji,

I have another idea.Magnetism means attraction towards iron related things.Iron is governed by Shani whose own own house is Makara Rashi.Now we know that Kuja is exalted in Makara Rashi which means iron is attracted by Mars energy !!!.Also we know a famous Sanskrit Shloka about Kuja :DHARANIGARBHA SAMBHUTAM VIDYUTKANTI SAMAPRABHAM.

KUMARAM SHAKTIHASTAM CA MANGALAM PRANAMAAMYAHAM.

So our Maharshis have clearly stated that Kuja has Vidyut Kanti which is nothing but electro magnetic energy.So Kuja /Mars is the only planet who is responsible for magnetic energy.

Eventhough the Shloka " Kujavad Ketu " is there,Ketu is a planet of renunciation,so Ketu can not attract anything except Sanyasa !!!

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu.  Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars.  This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land.  The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions. 

I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu.  This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.

Regards,Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindusohamsa

Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism 

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharat

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Sanjay, Jk and others,Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...

Best wishesZoran

sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

> > Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste> > Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add> something> > Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the

> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to> some degree> > Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic> field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn)

> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of> Rahu and Ketu respectively> > Best Wishes> > Bipin>

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Yes, when you said " Magnetic personality " ,we have to give our attention to the gaint planet Guru only who can attract everything.

WISHING you all Happy Ganesh Chaturthi and Happy Chanting of Sri Ganesha Atharvasheersha tomorrow.

With Prayers to Lord Ganapati who can remove all the obstacles and give us complete knowledge,

Ramadas Rao.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath wrote:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Vidyut MW 1 to flash forth, lighten, shine forth (as the rising sun) RV. & c. & c. to illuminate MBh, to illuminate , irradiate , enlighten , make brilliant MBh. R. & c to shine brightly RV. ..which are the primary meanings and in general it has been used in hindi to mean lightening as this also illumines the sky. MW also includes 2 mfn. flashing , shining , glittering RV. VS. A1s3vGr2. f. lightning (rarely n.) , a flashing thunderbolt (as the weapon of the Maruts) RV. & c. & c.

Thus vidyut as a weapon or thunderbolt is primarily the weapon of Indra who is the devata of Brihaspati (Parashara)

In this context Shri Vedavyaasa refers to the power of illumination or the agni tattva of Mars as the word vi-dyut is derived from dyut

Vidyut kanti is the power of the lightening to burn trees and this burning of the trees and other substances that the stroke of lightening touches is symbolic of Mars as Mars symbolises all weapons in the first place. However, even though all weapons were fashioned from the tejas of the Sun by Rudra, they belong to the different devata and these become their fighting power. Thus, Sudarshana chakra was given to Vishnu and although it has the highest potency of the Sun and symbolises the Suns burning power we cannot dissociate it from Vishnu. Similarly we cannot dissocite the vajra (thunderbolt) from Indra.

Vidyut is the striking power of vajra as well as its power of illumination (dyut).

Magnetic power ... what is magnetic power? In this context Zoran was talking about the power of attraction like when we say *magnetic personality*. This is the essence of akasha tattva which attracts everyone. Energy is interchangable and this is where we are mistaking one for another. Heat and Light are the two parts of Agni tattva – one ruled by Mars (heat, burning power) and the other ruled by Sun (illumining power). Electric energy can burn and can also illumine based on the manner it is converted. Thus Jup is either converted to Ma or Su ...lords of the trines to its moolatrikona.

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

21 August 2009 23:21sohamsa

Dear Michal Ji,

I have another idea.Magnetism means attraction towards iron related things.Iron is governed by Shani whose own own house is Makara Rashi.Now we know that Kuja is exalted in Makara Rashi which means iron is attracted by Mars energy !!!.Also we know a famous Sanskrit Shloka about Kuja :DHARANIGARBHA SAMBHUTAM VIDYUTKANTI SAMAPRABHAM.

So our Maharshis have clearly stated that Kuja has Vidyut Kanti which is nothing but electro magnetic energy.So Kuja /Mars is the only planet who is responsible for magnetic energy.

Eventhough the Shloka " Kujavad Ketu " is there,Ketu is a planet of renunciation,so Ketu can not attract anything except Sanyasa !!!

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

Regards,Michal

sohamsa Sent: Wednesday, 19 August, 2009 11:17:25 PMRe: Re: Magnetism 

Jupiter may be the significator graha for gravitational pull, but may not be the one for magnetic field. Please check.Thanks and RegardsBharat

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Sanjay, Jk and others,Magnetism is the quality of akash tatva which pulls the things together and keep them from falling apart. Like, we cannot see anything between the earth and the sun, yet there is that pull which keeps the earth on its orbit. That is akash, and is ruled by Jupiter. So, I was taught that magnetic field is Jupiter or Guru...

Best wishesZoran

sohamsa@ .com, Bipin Prag <bipinprag@.. .> wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

> > Dear Sanjay, Bharat, JKNamaste> > Bharat requests karakas for three different things here, so if I can add> something> > Magnetic Material - this refer to a physical state so Saturn should be the

> significator as Iron has a natural property of having a magnetic field to> some degree> > Magnetism can be defined as 'The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic> field.' - I would say that the energy (Mars) from the iron (Saturn)

> translates into a magnetic field represented by their secondary natures of> Rahu and Ketu respectively> > Best Wishes> > Bipin>

Thanks Ramdasji. For us today is the big day, that is Bali Tritiya. We worship Shiva as Gouri did after a hard fast. We that is married women, It culminates with Ganesha puja on chaturthi where we worship him with Durga grass.Namah ShivayaSarbani RathSent from my iPhoneOn 22-Aug-09, at 20:12, Ramdas Hosabettu <kashyapagotraja wrote:

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Yes, when you said " Magnetic personality",we have to give our attention to the gaint planet Guru only who can attract everything.

WISHING you all Happy Ganesh Chaturthi and Happy Chanting of Sri Ganesha Atharvasheersha tomorrow.

With Prayers to Lord Ganapati who can remove all the obstacles and give us complete knowledge,

Ramadas Rao.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath > wrote:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

Dear Michal Ji,

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal > wrote:

Hare Rama Krsna ||Dear Bharat and all,If a magnetic field is produced by an electrical current then I would think Ketu. Mars governs electricity and Ketu is a 'higher', extreme version of Mars. This is along the same lines that Mars is karaka for land, and Ketu is karaka for buildings - a kind of extension to the land. The land is a flat plain surface and Ketu extends out of it into more dimensions.

I believe that there is also an element of magnetism in Scorpio whose co-lord is Ketu. This would then mean that electromagnetism is the conjuction or cooperation of Mars and Ketu.Just a thought.

Regards,Michal

Bharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu >

Best wishesZoran

Dear Sarbani Ji,

Thanks for the infomation.In South India,we call it as Gauri Triteeya and we worship Mother Parvati on this day.The next day is Sri Ganesh Chaturti.So both days are important fo us.

With Shri Hari Vayu Guru Naama Smarana,

Ramadas Rao.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Sarbani Rath <sarbani wrote:

Thanks Ramdasji. For us today is the big day, that is Bali Tritiya. We worship Shiva as Gouri did after a hard fast. We that is married women, It culminates with Ganesha puja on chaturthi where we worship him with Durga grass.

Namah Shivaya

Sarbani RathSent from my iPhone

On 22-Aug-09, at 20:12, Ramdas Hosabettu <kashyapagotraja wrote:

Dear Sanjay Ji,

Yes, when you said " Magnetic personality " ,we have to give our attention to the gaint planet Guru only who can attract everything.

Ramadas Rao.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath wrote:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath

Dear Michal Ji,

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

Regards,Michal

Best wishesZoran

om paramagurave namah

Dear Sanjay/Ramadas/Bharat/Zoran/Others involved in this discussion,

This discussion thread prompted me to think about another question: Do the other planets have a magnetic field?

I did some googling and found the following informative link:

http://cseligman.com/text/planets/magnetism.htm

Basically it transpires that of the terrestial planets, Earth has the strongest magnetic field followed by Mercury and Mars (very weak). Venus has no magnetic field.

All the jovian planets have magnetic field out of which Jupiter's is the strongest possibly due to hygrogen behaving like metal at those pressures and temperatures. The moot point is Saturn also has a magnetic field and in the vedic astrology paradigm, we dont consider Neptune and Uranus.

Would welcome your thoughts and comments.

best regards

Hari

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath wrote:

oṠgurave namaḥ

Dear Ramdas ji

Best Wishes

Sanjay Rath