IndiaDivine.org

Rashi Drishti - Some Thoughts/Doubts - Repost with Modification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear respected members i am reposting my question with modifications(posted in )If shri Rath is unable to answer i am requesting other learned members like shri Sanjay Prabhakaran to comment on Rashi drishtis. My strong feeling is Rashi drishtis are not to be used along with graha drishtis.Rashi dashas are not based on the nakshthra placement of moon and progressions,rather that of Rashis.Grahas in chara rashis can influence those in Sthira Rashis(chara

has some reason to infleunce sthira and vice-versa?).Similarly Grahas

in Dwisabhava Rashis will influence those in other dwisabhava rashis.If we study carefully, why immediate sthira and chara rashis are avoided,can be understood.For a graha to influence another rashi a minimum angle is must.Dwisabhava rashis are always in kendras from one another,and hence there is no need for such an exclusion.Rashi drishtis will explain how planets can influence another rashi/planets,while thinking of Rashi based progressions.We should never ever mix these two systems.Also

i got a chance today to listen to the audio from shri Rath ji.He is a scholar and got indepth knowledge.Also im thankful and respectful towards his contributions and sharing of free knoweldge.But i have disagreements regarding his understandings on Divisional charts and Karakamsha analsysis.Chandrena Gouryam - It simply means if Chandra is there in Karakamsha

Rashi,then one worships Gowri.Similarly Rahu Durga - Shri Rath has brought in

concepts of Rashi drishti.Jaimini has not told us to use rashi drishti in so called ''D-9''.

Let

us take a case which i had mentioned in the past too.Sun joining

Karakamsha will give political connections - Most translators have

interpreted this as Sun joining Atmakaraka in the navamsha.This is not

correct,as, then all with Sun as Atmakaraka will have political

connections.We have only 12 Rashis.The rashi on to which

Atmakaraka graha has navamsha becomes Karakamsha Rashi.If Sun is placed

in this Rashi,then the yoga applies.Shani joining Karakamsha

rashi - fame and doing well in his line of occupation.It is very clear

that,the rashi on to which Atmakaraka graha has amsha is the

environment where the aatma or soul has applied prana/life(navamshas

are navapranas).If a hardworking planet like Saturn is there to promote

the desire of soul,will not that person become famous in his line? This is not at all a personal criticism but an astrological disagreement.If shri Rath finds time to reply ,it will be highly beneficial for the astrological community.ThanksPradeepsohamsa , "vijayadas_pradeep" <vijayadas_pradeep wrote:>> > Dear Shri Rath ji and respected members> > Hope you are keeping good health with Grace.> I have got the follwoing doubts on Rashi Drishti after reading a mail> ,posted by Sreenadh ji(ancinet_indian_astrology).> As you extensively use such drishtis,Kindly attend these questions> whenever you find some time> > 1)What is the basis of Rashi Drishti> 2)What makes(motive) Chara Rashis aspect Sthira> 3)Why do we omit the Rashis adjacent to the aspector (Does it mean a> minimum angle is necessary for Drishti or we have some other reason)> 4)If Rashis involved in Rashi drishti are EMPTY - What kind of> significance is there for such Drishtis - or rather ''How''> 5)Are Rashi drishtis Universally applicable - ie Are we supposed to> understand Graha drishti & Rashi drishti in a different way or under the> same umbrella.> > (The point of Graha being animate and Rashi inanimate w.r to Graha> drishti is understood)> > Best wishes> Pradeep>

Guest guest

| om gurave namah |Dear Pradeep

Comments below what you have writtenBest wishes and warm regards,Sanjay RathPersonal: WebPages ¡ü Rath¡Çs Rhapsody SJC WebPages: Sri Jagannath Center ¡ü SJCERC ¡ü JIVAPublications: The Jyotish Digest ¡ü Sagittarius Publications----

If shri Rath is unable to answer i am requesting other learned members like shri Sanjay Prabhakaran to comment on Rashi drishtis. [s.Rath:] 'unable' is not the right word. It assumes too much. I told you so many times that I don't have to answer which you cannot take for some reason. Try 'would not like to answer' next time. It can start changing things inside. My strong feeling is Rashi drishtis are not to be used along with graha drishtis.Rashi dashas are not based on the nakshthra placement of moon and progressions,rather that of Rashis.Grahas in chara rashis can influence those in Sthira Rashis(chara has some reason to infleunce sthira and vice-versa?).Similarly Grahas in Dwisabhava Rashis will influence those in other dwisabhava rashis.[s.Rath:] That is a wrong assumtion you have made. (1) Kalachakra dasa is a rashi dasa based on the nakshatra placement of the Moon. Su dasa is also a rashi dasa based on not only nakshatra placement of Moon but also of Lagna degree. (2) statement in bold is a fact.

If we study carefully, why immediate sthira and chara rashis are avoided,can be understood.For a graha to influence another rashi a minimum angle is must.Dwisabhava rashis are always in kendras from one another,and hence there is no need for such an exclusion.[s.Rath:] That again is an assumption. Rahu aspects the sign next to it and there is no minimum angle required in this graha drishti. For example if Rahu is in Pisces in 29 degrees, it aspects another planet say Mars in Aries 1 degree and here the angle between the two is only two degrees. So the minimum angle theory is wrong.

Rashi drishtis will explain how planets can influence another rashi/planets,while thinking of Rashi based progressions.We should never ever mix these two systems.[s.Rath:] Firstly, these are not two systems. You have assumed again that there are only two types of aspects and hence the development of the theory is wrong. There can be and are many other types of aspects. Some of these are (1) graha drishti (2) rashi drishti and (3) nakshatra drishti...you forgot the third one. Also i got a chance today to listen to the audio from shri Rath ji.He is a scholar and got indepth knowledge.Also im thankful and respectful towards his contributions and sharing of free knoweldge.But i have disagreements regarding his understandings on Divisional charts and Karakamsha analsysis.[s.Rath:] You are free to try your own system, and this is not the first time you are saying this. Chandrena Gouryam - It simply means if Chandra is there in Karakamsha Rashi,then one worships Gowri.Similarly Rahu Durga - Shri Rath has brought in concepts of Rashi drishti.Jaimini has not told us to use rashi drishti in so called ''D-9''.[s.Rath:] Are you sure of this statement? :) Listen to my recent audio about this in the Atri SJC class for further clarification. Someone present there can help you.Let us take a case which i had mentioned in the past too.Sun joining Karakamsha will give political connections - Most translators have interpreted this as Sun joining Atmakaraka in the navamsha.This is not correct,as, then all with Sun as Atmakaraka will have political connections.[s.Rath:] 'political connection' is not what was meant by the translation.

We have only 12 Rashis.The rashi on to which Atmakaraka graha has navamsha becomes Karakamsha Rashi.If Sun is placed in this Rashi,then the yoga applies.[s.Rath:] There is a difference between Karakamsa and Karakamsaka ...see the additional 'ka' used in the end. Similarly there is a difference between Lagnamsa and Lagnamsaka where the last word has a 'ka' attached in the end implying that the sign is taken back to the rashi chart. So lagnamsaka dasa is a dasa used in the rashi chart. You are trying to use Karakamsa rules for Karakamsaka rashi. I think you are completely confused about all these basics. Let us be clear on terminology first. Shani joining Karakamsha rashi - fame and doing well in his line of occupation.It is very clear that,the rashi on to which Atmakaraka graha has amsha is the environment where the aatma or soul has applied prana/life(navamshas are navapranas).If a hardworking planet like Saturn is there to promote the desire of soul,will not that person become famous in his line? [s.Rath:] Why do you assume this? Do you not know that behind the success of any and every human being stands 90% hard work (saturn) and only 10% luck and other factors. So will Shani not give fame in one line of work simply because the native puts his heart and soul behind the work. This is not at all a personal criticism but an astrological disagreement.If shri Rath finds time to reply ,it will be highly beneficial for the astrological community.[s.Rath:] Replied today...but don't waste time without reading the archives of the various groups. I have answered these questions so many times. Perhaps you should get in touch with someone like Jaan (Umesh Kulasingham) or Visti who can mail you a CD with all my old mails.

Pradeep, that will help you.

Have a nice day but do keep reading...even if I am not going to be finding time to answer to you due to my so many other commitments.

avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 0618-3, 05/05/2006Tested on: 5/7/2006 6:29:26 PMavast! - copyright © 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay jiThanks a lot for your time.Kindly see my replies.Warm regdsPradeepIf shri Rath is unable to answer i am requesting other learned members like shri Sanjay Prabhakaran to comment on Rashi drishtis.[s.Rath:] 'unable' is not the right word. It assumes too much. I told you so many times that I don't have to answer which you cannot take for some reason. Try 'would not like to answer' next time. It can start changing things inside. Pradeep:''Unable'' was not having any specific intention.It can be lack of time as well.Kindly understand.My strong feeling is Rashi drishtis are not to be used along with graha drishtis.Rashi dashas are not based on the nakshthra placement of moon and progressions,rather that of Rashis.Grahas in chara rashis can influence those in Sthira Rashis(chara has some reason to infleunce sthira and vice-versa?).Similarly Grahas in Dwisabhava Rashis will influence those in other dwisabhava rashis.[s.Rath:] That is a wrong assumtion you have made. (1) Kalachakra dasa is a rashi dasa based on the nakshatra placement of the Moon. Su dasa is also a rashi dasa based on not only nakshatra placement of Moon but also of Lagna degree. (2) statement in bold is a fact.1)Though Kalachakra dasha has dasha orders based on Rashis,as in Vimshottari,initially moon has a significant role.9 rashis dashas are calculated based on janma nakshathra navamsha.Also it is suitable, if navamsha lord of moon is with moon or aspects moon.Thus i feel Kalachakra dasha is quite different from the Rashi dashas advised by Jaimini.It can very well be classified under nakshathra dashas,as well.If we study carefully, why immediate sthira and chara rashis are avoided,can be understood.For a graha to influence another rashi a minimum angle is must.Dwisabhava rashis are always in kendras from one another,and hence there is no need for such an exclusion.[s.Rath:] That again is an assumption. Rahu aspects the sign next to it and there is no minimum angle required in this graha drishti. For example if Rahu is in Pisces in 29 degrees, it aspects another planet say Mars in Aries 1 degree and here the angle between the two is only two degrees. So the minimum angle theory is wrong.Whether Rahu has got an aspect or not itself is debatable.They are Chayagrahas and do not cast aspects.Rahu does not lord any signs.Rashi drishtis will explain how planets can influence another rashi/planets,while thinking of Rashi based progressions.We should never ever mix these two systems.[s.Rath:] Firstly, these are not two systems. You have assumed again that there are only two types of aspects and hence the development of the theory is wrong. There can be and are many other types of aspects. Some of these are (1) graha drishti (2) rashi drishti and (3) nakshatra drishti...you forgot the third one.Pradeep:Thanks for reminding the same.I will read more.Sreenadh ji had mentioned this some time back.May be it points to existence of another system purely based on constellations and without any signs.Could you tell why adjacent rashis are ignored in case of chara/sthira.Also i got a chance today to listen to the audio from shri Rath ji.He is a scholar and got indepth knowledge.Also im thankful and respectful towards his contributions and sharing of free knoweldge.But i have disagreements regarding his understandings on Divisional charts and Karakamsha analsysis.[s.Rath:] You are free to try your own system, and this is not the first time you are saying this. Chandrena Gouryam - It simply means if Chandra is there in Karakamsha Rashi,then one worships Gowri.Similarly Rahu Durga - Shri Rath has brought in concepts of Rashi drishti.Jaimini has not told us to use rashi drishti in so called ''D-9''.[s.Rath:] Are you sure of this statement? :) Listen to my recent audio about this in the Atri SJC class for further clarification. Someone present there can help you.Pradeep:I will listen.But if i say it is your assumption that Jaimini expected us to take rashi drishti in ''D-9'' arrangement ,what will be your opinion.Also do all those shlokas mention conjunction of planets with ketu.Let us take a case which i had mentioned in the past too.Sun joining Karakamsha will give political connections - Most translators have interpreted this as Sun joining Atmakaraka in the navamsha.This is not correct,as, then all with Sun as Atmakaraka will have political connections.[s.Rath:] 'political connection' is not what was meant by the translation.'Pradeep:Sorry it is not connections but political activities itself.Still i feel there is a point.We have only 12 Rashis.The rashi on to which Atmakaraka graha has navamsha becomes Karakamsha Rashi.If Sun is placed in this Rashi,then the yoga applies.[s.Rath:] There is a difference between Karakamsa and Karakamsaka ...see the additional 'ka' used in the end. Similarly there is a difference between Lagnamsa and Lagnamsaka where the last word has a 'ka' attached in the end implying that the sign is taken back to the rashi chart. So lagnamsaka dasa is a dasa used in the rashi chart. You are trying to use Karakamsa rules for Karakamsaka rashi. I think you are completely confused about all these basics. Let us be clear on terminology first.Pradeep:These are essentially the same.Karakamsha is pointing to the amsha of karaka graha.Karakamsha''ka'' is the proper grammatic form to represent the rashi on to which it has amsha.For me these transfering back to ''Rashi''does not happen at all.It is always happening in the same 12 rashis,but different kinds of sambandhas.If we write navamsha/dashamsha etc along with natal position in the chart,how untidy and cumbersome it would be.Those who try to understand in a comprehensive way will find all part of the same framework.It depends on the speed of rashis,w.r to harmonics of various divisionals. I feel am not confused at all.If i say it is your assumption to think of graha drishti in varga arrangements - can you correct me.Parashara has never mentioned about any such charts.Graha drishti fundamentals can never digest these aspects. Shani joining Karakamsha rashi - fame and doing well in his line of occupation.It is very clear that,the rashi on to which Atmakaraka graha has amsha is the environment where the aatma or soul has applied prana/life(navamshas are navapranas).If a hardworking planet like Saturn is there to promote the desire of soul,will not that person become famous in his line?[s.Rath:] Why do you assume this? Do you not know that behind the success of any and every human being stands 90% hard work (saturn) and only 10% luck and other factors. So will Shani not give fame in one line of work simply because the native puts his heart and soul behind the work. This is not at all a personal criticism but an astrological disagreement.If shri Rath finds time to reply ,it will be highly beneficial for the astrological community.[s.Rath:] Replied today...but don't waste time without reading the archives of the various groups. I have answered these questions so many times. Perhaps you should get in touch with someone like Jaan (Umesh Kulasingham) or Visti who can mail you a CD with all my old mails. Pradeep:I can get the CD's if you think i will get some answers with classical references,regarding usage of a)divisional charts b)Rashi drishti usage in navamsha.Else you too might agree,if i treat your views as assumptions:-).I have read archives and various sites/articles from you,but never there was any explanations meeting my questions.Pradeep, that will help you.Have a nice day but do keep reading...even if I am not going to be finding time to answer to you due to my so many other commitments. Thanks again for your valuale time.It is my feeling that, as Karakas are based on the degrees planets have traversed in signs,Rashi dashas(Jaimini) along with such karakas and Rashi aspects forms completely a different sysytem as compared to nakshthra dashas,advised by Parashara.