establish that the essence of Vedanta, in all categories, is the

Srimad Bhagavatam. Srimad Bhagavatam is thus the crown jewel of Vedic

literatures, described as " nigama kalpa taror galitam phalam, " or the

ripened fruit of the tree of Vedic literature. In that great text,

the Supreme Absolute Truth is described and approached in three

phases: first as Brahman, the illumination or effulgence of Bhagavan;

next, the paramatma, which is the localized and omnipresent form of

Paramatma (note that " form " here refers to a personal form, or

Svarupa); and finally, in his ultimately personal feature as Bhagavan.

Great sages thus understand the Absolute truth in this way, but do

not separate the Brahman feature from the Paramatma, or Bhagavan from

either of Brahman or Paramatma: they are one, but distinctly different

from each other. Only the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be

all-pervasive by way of His diverse energies (Brahman), while

simultaneously remaining in his personal feature and engage in His

Eternal Lila. To say that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is

Brahman only, as is stated by some philosophers, is to ignore His

ultimate feature which is not only personal, but also Sat-cit-ananda,

which means eternal, complete with full knowledge an bliss, and not

subject to the influence of Maya or the illusory energy. That Supreme

Personality is the source of creation, and to understand Him in all

features of His existence is the knowledge by which one no longer has

to repeat births and deaths in this world of Maya.

Anyway, it is a need a compelling subject and one which every person

serious about knowing the source of creation in all its attributes

should engage in. I have gone over these subjects in much detail with

specific reference to Jyotish in my book, The Spiritual Dimensions of

Vedic Astrology, which you can order if you wish at my web site.

Best wishes,

Robert

sohamsa , " Narasimha P.V.R. Rao " <pvr wrote:

>

> Dear Rafal,

>

> There are books by Shankaracharya etc. But, if you ask me, the

touchstone of Advaitic philosophy is " Yoga Vaasishtham " by Maharshi

Vasishtha. Anybody interested in Advaita must read that book.

Vasishtha teaches Lord Rama about the nature of creation, nature of

dissolution, the nature of liberation and how to be a jeevanmukta

(liberated while alive). He teaches Lord Rama hardcore Advaita. If you

master that book, you have mastered Advaita philosophy.

>

> I thought Swami Venakesananda (disciple of Swami Shivananda)

translated it into English quite well.

>

> Unfortunately, I haven't come across any online material that I liked.

>

> May the light of Brahman shine within,

> Narasimha

> -------------------------------

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

> > Dear Bharat,

> >

> > If You have any good advaita material soft I would be grateful to You.

> > I hope You didnt recieve my mail in bad mood. No hard feelings.

> >

> > Regards

> > Rafal Gendarz

>

Guest guest

Dear Robert,

Yes...I know all these things and thank You for your nice post.

I suspected Advaita isnt so fast to understand as other person presented it

to be, therefore I am not satisfied by some easy but cheap explanations and

wanted to ask persons who live or understand it.

I know that there were many instances from iskcon-devotee with bad attitude

of conquering everyone who is different, even the hindoos who live and know

this things in very good way. so this kind of actions threw light on whole

society, and of course suscpetibility of others about my intentions is valid

as these action wasnt so rare. BUT my motive was only informative without

any hidden desires.

Regards

Rafal Gendarz

-

" rkoch108 " <rk

<sohamsa >

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:29 AM

To Rafal - Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan

Dear Rafal,

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quoted the Garuda Purana in His teachings, to

establish that the essence of Vedanta, in all categories, is the

Srimad Bhagavatam. Srimad Bhagavatam is thus the crown jewel of Vedic

literatures, described as " nigama kalpa taror galitam phalam, " or the

ripened fruit of the tree of Vedic literature. In that great text,

the Supreme Absolute Truth is described and approached in three

phases: first as Brahman, the illumination or effulgence of Bhagavan;

next, the paramatma, which is the localized and omnipresent form of

Paramatma (note that " form " here refers to a personal form, or

Svarupa); and finally, in his ultimately personal feature as Bhagavan.

Great sages thus understand the Absolute truth in this way, but do

not separate the Brahman feature from the Paramatma, or Bhagavan from

either of Brahman or Paramatma: they are one, but distinctly different

from each other. Only the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be

all-pervasive by way of His diverse energies (Brahman), while

simultaneously remaining in his personal feature and engage in His

Eternal Lila. To say that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is

Brahman only, as is stated by some philosophers, is to ignore His

ultimate feature which is not only personal, but also Sat-cit-ananda,

which means eternal, complete with full knowledge an bliss, and not

subject to the influence of Maya or the illusory energy. That Supreme

Personality is the source of creation, and to understand Him in all

features of His existence is the knowledge by which one no longer has

to repeat births and deaths in this world of Maya.

Anyway, it is a need a compelling subject and one which every person

serious about knowing the source of creation in all its attributes

should engage in. I have gone over these subjects in much detail with

specific reference to Jyotish in my book, The Spiritual Dimensions of

Vedic Astrology, which you can order if you wish at my web site.

Best wishes,

Robert

sohamsa , " Narasimha P.V.R. Rao " <pvr wrote:

>

> Dear Rafal,

>

> There are books by Shankaracharya etc. But, if you ask me, the

touchstone of Advaitic philosophy is " Yoga Vaasishtham " by Maharshi

Vasishtha. Anybody interested in Advaita must read that book.

Vasishtha teaches Lord Rama about the nature of creation, nature of

dissolution, the nature of liberation and how to be a jeevanmukta

(liberated while alive). He teaches Lord Rama hardcore Advaita. If you

master that book, you have mastered Advaita philosophy.

>

> I thought Swami Venakesananda (disciple of Swami Shivananda)

translated it into English quite well.

>

> Unfortunately, I haven't come across any online material that I liked.

>

> May the light of Brahman shine within,

> Narasimha

> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

>

> > Dear Bharat,

> >

> > If You have any good advaita material soft I would be grateful to You.

> > I hope You didnt recieve my mail in bad mood. No hard feelings.

> >

> > Regards

> > Rafal Gendarz

>

*tat savitur varenyam*

Guest guest

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM AUM GURUBYO NAMAH Dear Rafal, Namaste. The word Namaste has become more or less ritualistic. By that i mean that the bhava is absent when i say Namaste. The hands should come together(Sat), the head should bow down(chit) and the heart should join voluntarily(ananda). If i do this act of Namaste involving all the three aspects i am expected to be conscious of my act/the addressee. Sitting in the top of a lotus and going in circles through the dalas of the padma the day i realise that all my shristies/creation are in fact on account of the shakti/energy derived from the centre of the lotus which is rooted to the nabhi of Almighty my every day expression of Namaste finds a new flavour when i become conscious of my act/the addresse this day. How did i realise on the first account?!! No shristi/creation can exist

without intelligence/dhi sakthi. The day i realise that i am not in a postion to outbeat the awesome three - Kala, Karma and Guna i understand that i also belong to the list of creations. As every creation cannot exist without the aid of 'dhi sakthi' i understand that the very seat of creation viz., lagna is indeed the seat of intelligence and that this dhi sakthi factor has his origin in Almighty. Having understood this much i offer my first prayer 'Tat savitur varenyam .......Dhiyo yona prachodayaat'. May my intellect be illumined. The day the tapa sakthi burns out all the impurities attached to the seat and the Agni becomes comfortably placed the yajna/sacrifice is commenced. The Lord/Sun is not satisfied till he gets the one over which he has all the rights one can think of - the mind/Moon(Sudama did not give what he brought from his house - the Lord had to grab

it). It is clear from the above that only when the person becomes 'na manah' the namaste is accepted. The heart needs to be involved in order to complete the state/status of 'Satchitananda'. The rasa of the lagna needs to be transacted with the rasa of the Lord. The dhi sakthi needs to be kindled. Vasudeva did not find his hand cuffs removed on seing Sriman Narayana. It was only when he had placed the baby Krsna atop his head that he was unfettered. All our determined efforts/shristies/creations fall a prey to Kamsa/Mana. The putra Krsna(the mantra bhava - the 5th house) can help definitely in changing the rasa oozing out of the current dhi sakthi(tainted by Kali yuga/kala-karma-guna combination). Just as when the lagna lord is placed in 4th house the AL joins hands with the lagna lord similarly when the heart also blooms/flowers and

voluntarily cooperates with the folded hands and a bowed down head the creation finds an entry into the heart of the creator. May Mother Bless. Best wishes. Astrologically & spiritually yours, p.s.ramanarayanan.Rafal Gendarz <starsuponme wrote: Dear Robert,Yes...I know all these things and thank You for your nice post.I suspected Advaita isnt so fast to understand as other person presented it to be, therefore I am not satisfied by some easy but cheap explanations and wanted to ask persons who live or understand it.I know that there were many instances from iskcon-devotee with bad attitude of conquering everyone who is different, even the hindoos who live and know this things in very

good way. so this kind of actions threw light on whole society, and of course suscpetibility of others about my intentions is valid as these action wasnt so rare. BUT my motive was only informative without any hidden desires.RegardsRafal Gendarz- "rkoch108" <rk<sohamsa >Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:29 AM To Rafal - Brahman, Paramatma, and BhagavanDear Rafal,Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quoted the Garuda Purana in His teachings, toestablish that the essence of Vedanta, in all categories, is theSrimad Bhagavatam. Srimad Bhagavatam is thus the crown jewel of Vedicliteratures, described as "nigama kalpa taror galitam phalam," or theripened fruit of the tree of Vedic literature. In that great text,the Supreme Absolute Truth is described and approached in threephases: first as

Brahman, the illumination or effulgence of Bhagavan;next, the paramatma, which is the localized and omnipresent form ofParamatma (note that "form" here refers to a personal form, orSvarupa); and finally, in his ultimately personal feature as Bhagavan.Great sages thus understand the Absolute truth in this way, but donot separate the Brahman feature from the Paramatma, or Bhagavan fromeither of Brahman or Paramatma: they are one, but distinctly differentfrom each other. Only the Supreme Personality of Godhead can beall-pervasive by way of His diverse energies (Brahman), whilesimultaneously remaining in his personal feature and engage in HisEternal Lila. To say that the Supreme Personality of Godhead isBrahman only, as is stated by some philosophers, is to ignore Hisultimate feature which is not only personal, but also Sat-cit-ananda,which means eternal, complete with full knowledge an bliss, and notsubject

to the influence of Maya or the illusory energy. That SupremePersonality is the source of creation, and to understand Him in allfeatures of His existence is the knowledge by which one no longer hasto repeat births and deaths in this world of Maya.Anyway, it is a need a compelling subject and one which every personserious about knowing the source of creation in all its attributesshould engage in. I have gone over these subjects in much detail withspecific reference to Jyotish in my book, The Spiritual Dimensions ofVedic Astrology, which you can order if you wish at my web site.Best wishes,Robertsohamsa , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvr wrote:>> Dear Rafal,>> There are books by Shankaracharya etc. But, if you ask me, thetouchstone of Advaitic philosophy is "Yoga Vaasishtham" by MaharshiVasishtha. Anybody interested in Advaita must read that

book.Vasishtha teaches Lord Rama about the nature of creation, nature ofdissolution, the nature of liberation and how to be a jeevanmukta(liberated while alive). He teaches Lord Rama hardcore Advaita. If youmaster that book, you have mastered Advaita philosophy.>> I thought Swami Venakesananda (disciple of Swami Shivananda)translated it into English quite well.>> Unfortunately, I haven't come across any online material that I liked.>> May the light of Brahman shine within,> Narasimha> -------------------------------> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org> ------------------------------->> > Dear Bharat,> >> > If You have any good advaita material soft I would be grateful to You.> > I hope You didnt recieve my mail in bad mood. No hard feelings.> >> > Regards> > Rafal Gendarz>*tat savitur varenyam*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear Robert, RafalGendarz and all other frinds, Mr. Rober says that Advaita is not so fast.He is partially right.No body can teach Advita as it is related to learning and reliesing. LORD RAMA was incarnation of god and fully realised soal. Even Viswamitra could not give answer to Lord Rama's querries.Only then Vashishtha iterviened. Thus one can appericiateYOGA-VASHISTHA philospy if he is quite advanced in sadhana and not only by bookish knowlege. Iwould suggest to easy referfnces: 1)Capter 12 of KRISHNA -GITA 2)Adyatma Ramayana 3)Ram Gita given in Adyatma Ramayna G.K.GOEL rama narayanan <sree88ganesha wrote: SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM AUM GURUBYO NAMAH Dear Rafal, Namaste. The word Namaste has become more or less ritualistic. By that i mean that the bhava is absent when i say Namaste. The hands should come together(Sat), the head should bow down(chit) and the heart should join voluntarily(ananda). If i do this act of Namaste involving all the three aspects i am expected to be conscious of my act/the addressee. Sitting in the top of a lotus and going in circles through the dalas of the padma the day i realise that all my shristies/creation are in fact on account of the shakti/energy derived from the centre of the lotus which is rooted to the nabhi of Almighty my every day expression of Namaste finds a new flavour when i become conscious of my act/the addresse this day. How did i realise on the first account?!! No shristi/creation can exist without intelligence/dhi sakthi. The day i realise that i am not in a postion to

outbeat the awesome three - Kala, Karma and Guna i understand that i also belong to the list of creations. As every creation cannot exist without the aid of 'dhi sakthi' i understand that the very seat of creation viz., lagna is indeed the seat of intelligence and that this dhi sakthi factor has his origin in Almighty. Having understood this much i offer my first prayer 'Tat savitur varenyam .......Dhiyo yona prachodayaat'. May my intellect be illumined. The day the tapa sakthi burns out all the impurities attached to the seat and the Agni becomes comfortably placed the yajna/sacrifice is commenced. The Lord/Sun is not satisfied till he gets the one over which he has all the rights one can think of - the mind/Moon(Sudama did not give what he brought from his house - the Lord had to grab it). It is clear from the above that only when the person

becomes 'na manah' the namaste is accepted. The heart needs to be involved in order to complete the state/status of 'Satchitananda'. The rasa of the lagna needs to be transacted with the rasa of the Lord. The dhi sakthi needs to be kindled. Vasudeva did not find his hand cuffs removed on seing Sriman Narayana. It was only when he had placed the baby Krsna atop his head that he was unfettered. All our determined efforts/shristies/creations fall a prey to Kamsa/Mana. The putra Krsna(the mantra bhava - the 5th house) can help definitely in changing the rasa oozing out of the current dhi sakthi(tainted by Kali yuga/kala-karma-guna combination). Just as when the lagna lord is placed in 4th house the AL joins hands with the lagna lord similarly when the heart also blooms/flowers and voluntarily cooperates with the folded hands and a bowed down head the creation finds an

entry into the heart of the creator. May Mother Bless. Best wishes. Astrologically & spiritually yours, p.s.ramanarayanan.Rafal Gendarz <starsuponme wrote: Dear Robert,Yes...I know all these things and thank You for your nice post.I suspected Advaita isnt so fast to understand as other person presented it to be, therefore I am not satisfied by some easy but cheap explanations and wanted to ask persons who live or understand it.I know that there were many instances from iskcon-devotee with bad attitude of conquering everyone who is different, even the hindoos who live and know this things in very good way. so this kind of actions threw light on whole society, and of course

suscpetibility of others about my intentions is valid as these action wasnt so rare. BUT my motive was only informative without any hidden desires.RegardsRafal Gendarz- "rkoch108" <rk<sohamsa >Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:29 AM To Rafal - Brahman, Paramatma, and BhagavanDear Rafal,Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quoted the Garuda Purana in His teachings, toestablish that the essence of Vedanta, in all categories, is theSrimad Bhagavatam. Srimad Bhagavatam is thus the crown jewel of Vedicliteratures, described as "nigama kalpa taror galitam phalam," or theripened fruit of the tree of Vedic literature. In that great text,the Supreme Absolute Truth is described and approached in threephases: first as Brahman, the illumination or effulgence of Bhagavan;next, the paramatma, which is

the localized and omnipresent form ofParamatma (note that "form" here refers to a personal form, orSvarupa); and finally, in his ultimately personal feature as Bhagavan.Great sages thus understand the Absolute truth in this way, but donot separate the Brahman feature from the Paramatma, or Bhagavan fromeither of Brahman or Paramatma: they are one, but distinctly differentfrom each other. Only the Supreme Personality of Godhead can beall-pervasive by way of His diverse energies (Brahman), whilesimultaneously remaining in his personal feature and engage in HisEternal Lila. To say that the Supreme Personality of Godhead isBrahman only, as is stated by some philosophers, is to ignore Hisultimate feature which is not only personal, but also Sat-cit-ananda,which means eternal, complete with full knowledge an bliss, and notsubject to the influence of Maya or the illusory energy. That SupremePersonality is

the source of creation, and to understand Him in allfeatures of His existence is the knowledge by which one no longer hasto repeat births and deaths in this world of Maya.Anyway, it is a need a compelling subject and one which every personserious about knowing the source of creation in all its attributesshould engage in. I have gone over these subjects in much detail withspecific reference to Jyotish in my book, The Spiritual Dimensions ofVedic Astrology, which you can order if you wish at my web site.Best wishes,Robertsohamsa , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao" <pvr wrote:>> Dear Rafal,>> There are books by Shankaracharya etc. But, if you ask me, thetouchstone of Advaitic philosophy is "Yoga Vaasishtham" by MaharshiVasishtha. Anybody interested in Advaita must read that book.Vasishtha teaches Lord Rama about the nature of creation, nature

ofdissolution, the nature of liberation and how to be a jeevanmukta(liberated while alive). He teaches Lord Rama hardcore Advaita. If youmaster that book, you have mastered Advaita philosophy.>> I thought Swami Venakesananda (disciple of Swami Shivananda)translated it into English quite well.>> Unfortunately, I haven't come across any online material that I liked.>> May the light of Brahman shine within,> Narasimha> -------------------------------> Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net> Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org> Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org>

------------------------------->> > Dear Bharat,> >> > If You have any good advaita material soft I would be grateful to You.> > I hope You didnt recieve my mail in bad mood. No hard feelings.> >> > Regards> > Rafal Gendarz>*tat savitur varenyam*