IndiaDivine.org

Varga + Uthama -Vargottama - Shri Hari

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Hari Namaste

Uthama also has a meaning as first person(Uthama Purusha) -Thus it is like ''same as the first''.The Varga attained is also same as the first,ie Rashi position.Now if you translate Vargottama - as best(Uthama) + division(Varga) and assumes navamsha as the concerned division,it is Ok for me.But the where are we talking about the planet? If we say Guru is Vargottama -As per above understanding -It means Guru has attained best division.Best division is navamsha.Thus it means,Guru has attained a Navamsha.Every graha attains a navamsha - so what is special? Where are we talking about the SAME Navamsha as Rashi?As Navamsha is a very important amsha,and as it is always studied along with rashi - ''Vargottama navamsha'' can be the complete term.I request learned memebrs to comment on this grammatical issue.This is my personal opinion.

ThanksPradeepsohamsa , "Jyotisa Shisya" <achyutagaddi wrote:>> |om|> Dear Pradeep, namaste> > M-W dictionary defines conjunction as given below:> > *con·junc·tion*> Function: *noun*> *1* *:* the act or an instance of conjoining *:* the state of being> conjoined *: *> *2* *:* occurrence together in time or space *: *> *3 a* *:* the apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial bodies in> the same degree of the zodiac *b* *:* a configuration in which two celestial> bodies have their least apparent separation> *4* *:* an uninflected linguistic form that joins together sentences,> clauses, phrases, or words> *5* *:* a complex sentence in logic true if and only if each of its> components is true> > Note meaning (3a) above. It says apparent and not PHYSICAL. Physically> conjunct is a non-reality. Thus when viewed against the backdrop of the> rasi, we say that two planets are conjunct when they appear to be in the> same rasi. This is apparent and not true in reality. As pointed out earlier,> rasi is also imaginary; it has no physical boundaries in space.> > The point I am driving at is that when we say that two planets are conjunct> in a rasi purely on a non-physical basis (apparent), what is wrong with> defining similar conjunctions in vargas?> > Regarding varga (division) + uttama (best) = vargottama, M-W> (Monier-Williams) dictionary gives the following meanings for uttama:> > uppermost, highest, chief, most elevated, principal, best , excellent RV.> AV. AitBr. Mn. Pan5cat. & c. (often ifc. , e.g. %{dvijo7ttama} , best of the> twice-born i.e. a Bra1hman Mn.) first, greatest, the highest (tone) the most> removed or last in place or order or time etc.> > best regards> Hari> > On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:> >> > Dear Hari> >> > Conjunction is -coming together.> > Physical conjunction points to two or more planets coming together with a> > Rashi or Sign as backdrop.Physically they are within the Span of a> > Rashi.Thus the distance between them is not a problem.> >> > On the other hand - marking two planets in a navamsha sign,(unless they> > are physically conjunct) is not pointing to such a conjunction.There can> > be planets or rashis seperating them.Thus planets from their place of> > occupation are having a sambandha with another Rashi individually.Whenthis Sambandha is with the same Rashi,it becomes> > Vargottama.Having amsha in the same rashi where it is placed.*Varga Uttama> > - I feel Uttama is pointing to the ''same'' as shri Sanjay Prahakaran had> > mentioned long back as compared to the common understanding - ''best'' among> > vargas.> > *> > Thanks> > Pradeep> >>

Guest guest

|om|Dear Pradeep,Oh no, vargottama need not relate only to navamsa; it can relate to other vargas as Goel sahib has shown in his article on the same published in the latest issue of Jyotish Digest. Of course, Goel sahib probably forgot to discuss about the influence of vargottama lagna, which would have rounded off the article nicely.

Secondly, navamsa is not always the most important; Parasara Rishi has indicated that to be the shastyamsa (D-60).best regardsHariOn 6/23/06,

vijayadas_pradeep <vijayadas_pradeep wrote:

Dear Hari Namaste

Uthama also has a meaning as first person(Uthama Purusha) -Thus it is like ''same as the first''.The Varga attained is also same as the first,ie Rashi position.Now if you translate Vargottama - as best(Uthama) + division(Varga) and assumes navamsha as the concerned division,it is Ok for me.But the where are we talking about the planet? If we say Guru is Vargottama -As per above understanding -It means Guru has attained best division.Best division is navamsha.Thus it means,Guru has attained a Navamsha.Every

graha attains a navamsha - so what is special? Where are we talking about the SAME Navamsha as Rashi?As Navamsha is a very important amsha,and as it is always studied along with rashi - ''Vargottama navamsha''

can be the complete term.I request learned memebrs to comment on this grammatical issue.This is my personal opinion.

ThanksPradeepsohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " <achyutagaddi wrote:

>> |om|> Dear Pradeep, namaste> > M-W dictionary defines conjunction as given below:> > *con·junc·tion*> Function: *noun*> *1* *:* the act or an instance of conjoining *:* the state of being

> conjoined *: *> *2* *:* occurrence together in time or space *: *> *3 a* *:* the apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial bodies in> the same degree of the zodiac *b* *:* a configuration in which two celestial

> bodies have their least apparent separation> *4* *:* an uninflected linguistic form that joins together sentences,> clauses, phrases, or words> *5* *:* a complex sentence in logic true if and only if each of its

> components is true> > Note meaning (3a) above. It says apparent and not PHYSICAL. Physically> conjunct is a non-reality. Thus when viewed against the backdrop of the> rasi, we say that two planets are conjunct when they appear to be in the

> same rasi. This is apparent and not true in reality. As pointed out earlier,> rasi is also imaginary; it has no physical boundaries in space.> > The point I am driving at is that when we say that two planets are conjunct

> in a rasi purely on a non-physical basis (apparent), what is wrong with> defining similar conjunctions in vargas?> > Regarding varga (division) + uttama (best) = vargottama, M-W> (Monier-Williams) dictionary gives the following meanings for uttama:

> > uppermost, highest, chief, most elevated, principal, best , excellent RV.> AV. AitBr. Mn. Pan5cat. & c. (often ifc. , e.g. %{dvijo7ttama} , best of the> twice-born i.e. a Bra1hman Mn.) first, greatest, the highest (tone) the most

> removed or last in place or order or time etc.> > best regards> Hari> > On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:> >> > Dear Hari> >

> > Conjunction is -coming together.> > Physical conjunction points to two or more planets coming together with a> > Rashi or Sign as backdrop.Physically they are within the Span of a> > Rashi.Thus the distance between them is not a problem.> >> > On the other hand - marking two planets in a navamsha sign,(unless they> > are physically conjunct) is not pointing to such a conjunction.There

can> > be planets or rashis seperating them.Thus planets from their place of> > occupation are having a sambandha with another Rashi individually.Whenthis Sambandha is with the same Rashi,it becomes

> > Vargottama.Having amsha in the same rashi where it is placed.*Varga Uttama> > - I feel Uttama is pointing to the ''same'' as shri Sanjay Prahakaran had> > mentioned long back as compared to the common understanding - ''best'' among

> > vargas.> > *> > Thanks> > Pradeep> >>

Guest guest

Dear Hari

If you read my mail,i said if u assume navamsha as the concerned

division ,it is ok for me.

Now i feel we are coming closer.There can be vargottama dashamsha

etc.Thus Varga Uttama then becomes the same sign as rashi chakra for the

concerned varga.

If you take it as best division can you explain it to me.For example

explain the meaning by taking an example.Say Guru is in Dhanu in Rashi

and has dhanu navamsha.Explain this using meaning of varga utthama.

Now we cannot say which is the best division.I said navamsha is very

important.Prashara said D-45 AND D-60 amshas are in general for all

purposes.

Thanks

Pradeep

sohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " <achyutagaddi

wrote:

>

> |om|

> Dear Pradeep,

>

> Oh no, vargottama need not relate only to navamsa; it can relate to

other

> vargas as Goel sahib has shown in his article on the same published in

the

> latest issue of Jyotish Digest. Of course, Goel sahib probably forgot

to

> discuss about the influence of vargottama lagna, which would have

rounded

> off the article nicely.

>

> Secondly, navamsa is not always the most important; Parasara Rishi has

> indicated that to be the shastyamsa (D-60).

>

> best regards

> Hari

>

>

>

> On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:

> >

> > Dear Hari Namaste

> >

> > Uthama also has a meaning as first person(Uthama Purusha) -Thus it

is like

> > ''same as the first''.The Varga attained is also same as the

first,ie Rashi

> > position.

> > Now if you translate Vargottama - as best(Uthama) + division(Varga)

and

> > assumes navamsha as the concerned division,it is Ok for me.But the

where

> > are we talking about the planet? If we say Guru is Vargottama -As

per above

> > understanding -It means Guru has attained best division.Best

division is

> > navamsha.Thus it means,Guru has attained a Navamsha.Every graha

attains a

> > navamsha - so what is special? *Where are we talking about the

> > SAME Navamsha as Rashi?*As Navamsha is a very important amsha,and as

it is

> > always studied along with rashi - *''Vargottama navamsha''* can be

the

> > complete term.I request learned memebrs to comment on this

grammatical

> > issue.This is my personal opinion.

> >

> > Thanks

> > Pradeep

> > sohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " achyutagaddi@

wrote:

> > >

> > > |om|

> > > Dear Pradeep, namaste

> > >

> > > M-W dictionary defines conjunction as given below:

> > >

> > > *con·junc·tion*

> > > Function: *noun*

> > > *1* *:* the act or an instance of conjoining *:* the state of

being

> > > conjoined *: *

> > > *2* *:* occurrence together in time or space *: *

> > > *3 a* *:* the apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial

> > bodies in

> > > the same degree of the zodiac *b* *:* a configuration in which two

> > celestial

> > > bodies have their least apparent separation

> > > *4* *:* an uninflected linguistic form that joins together

sentences,

> > > clauses, phrases, or words

> > > *5* *:* a complex sentence in logic true if and only if each of

its

> > > components is true

> > >

> > > Note meaning (3a) above. It says apparent and not PHYSICAL.

Physically

> > > conjunct is a non-reality. Thus when viewed against the backdrop

of the

> > > rasi, we say that two planets are conjunct when they appear to be

in the

> > > same rasi. This is apparent and not true in reality. As pointed

out

> > earlier,

> > > rasi is also imaginary; it has no physical boundaries in space.

> > >

> > > The point I am driving at is that when we say that two planets are

> > conjunct

> > > in a rasi purely on a non-physical basis (apparent), what is wrong

with

> > > defining similar conjunctions in vargas?

> > >

> > > Regarding varga (division) + uttama (best) = vargottama, M-W

> > > (Monier-Williams) dictionary gives the following meanings for

uttama:

> > >

> > > uppermost, highest, chief, most elevated, principal, best ,

excellent

> > RV.

> > > AV. AitBr. Mn. Pan5cat. & c. (often ifc. , e.g. %{dvijo7ttama} ,

best of

> > the

> > > twice-born i.e. a Bra1hman Mn.) first, greatest, the highest

(tone) the

> > most

> > > removed or last in place or order or time etc.

> > >

> > > best regards

> > > Hari

> > >

> > > On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Hari

> > > >

> > > > Conjunction is -coming together.

> > > > Physical conjunction points to two or more planets coming

together

> > with a

> > > > Rashi or Sign as backdrop.Physically they are within the Span of

a

> > > > Rashi.Thus the distance between them is not a problem.

> > > >

> > > > On the other hand - marking two planets in a navamsha

sign,(unless

> > they

> > > > are physically conjunct) is not pointing to such a

conjunction.Therecan

> > > > be planets or rashis seperating them.Thus planets from their

place of

> > > > occupation are having a sambandha with another Rashi

> > individually.Whenthis Sambandha is with the same Rashi,it becomes

> > > > Vargottama.Having amsha in the same rashi where it is

placed.*Varga

> > Uttama

> > > > - I feel Uttama is pointing to the ''same'' as shri Sanjay

Prahakaran

> > had

> > > > mentioned long back as compared to the common understanding -

''best''

> > among

> > > > vargas.

> > > > *

> > > > Thanks

> > > > Pradeep

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Hari and all other friends, My article on Vargottama is only introductory in nature. There are many connected issues which are to be examined further in detail. No doubt Bhava and Rashi Vargottama planet becomes more auspicious and effective even in comparison with exalted planet . Let us examine , what is going to be its effect in , say ,following conditions: 1. IF RETROGRADE 2. IF IN EXALTATION AND ALSO RETROGRADE 3.IF LORD OF 6,7,AND 8TH HOUSES IN D-1 CHART 4. IF HAPPENS TO BE BADHAKA PLANET and so on. I need your feed back and guidance enabling me to further elaborate the article on Vargottama planets and Lagnas. G.K.GOEL jayadas_pradeep <vijayadas_pradeep wrote: Dear HariIf you read my mail,i said if u assume navamsha as the concerneddivision ,it is ok for me.Now i feel we are coming closer.There can be vargottama dashamshaetc.Thus Varga Uttama then becomes the same sign as rashi chakra for theconcerned varga.If you take it as best division can you explain it to me.For exampleexplain the meaning by taking an example.Say Guru is in Dhanu in Rashiand has dhanu navamsha.Explain this using meaning of varga utthama.Now we cannot say which is the best division.I said navamsha is veryimportant.Prashara said D-45 AND D-60 amshas are in general for allpurposes.ThanksPradeepsohamsa , "Jyotisa Shisya" <achyutagaddiwrote:>> |om|> Dear Pradeep,>> Oh no, vargottama need not relate only to navamsa; it can relate toother> vargas as Goel sahib has shown in his article on the same published inthe> latest issue of Jyotish Digest. Of course, Goel sahib probably forgotto> discuss about the influence of vargottama lagna, which would haverounded> off the article nicely.>> Secondly, navamsa is not always the most important; Parasara Rishi has> indicated that to be the shastyamsa (D-60).>> best regards> Hari>>>> On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep wrote:> >> > Dear Hari Namaste> >> > Uthama also has a meaning as first person(Uthama Purusha) -Thus itis like>

> ''same as the first''.The Varga attained is also same as thefirst,ie Rashi> > position.> > Now if you translate Vargottama - as best(Uthama) + division(Varga)and> > assumes navamsha as the concerned division,it is Ok for me.But thewhere> > are we talking about the planet? If we say Guru is Vargottama -Asper above> > understanding -It means Guru has attained best division.Bestdivision is> > navamsha.Thus it means,Guru has attained a Navamsha.Every grahaattains a> > navamsha - so what is special? *Where are we talking about the> > SAME Navamsha as Rashi?*As Navamsha is a very important amsha,and asit is> > always studied along with rashi - *''Vargottama navamsha''* can bethe> > complete term.I request learned memebrs to comment on thisgrammatical> > issue.This is my personal opinion.> >> > Thanks>

> Pradeep> > sohamsa , "Jyotisa Shisya" achyutagaddi@wrote:> > >> > > |om|> > > Dear Pradeep, namaste> > >> > > M-W dictionary defines conjunction as given below:> > >> > > *con·junc·tion*> > > Function: *noun*> > > *1* *:* the act or an instance of conjoining *:* the state ofbeing> > > conjoined *: *> > > *2* *:* occurrence together in time or space *: *> > > *3 a* *:* the apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial> > bodies in> > > the same degree of the zodiac *b* *:* a configuration in which two> > celestial> > > bodies have their least apparent separation> > > *4* *:* an uninflected linguistic form that joins togethersentences,> > >

clauses, phrases, or words> > > *5* *:* a complex sentence in logic true if and only if each ofits> > > components is true> > >> > > Note meaning (3a) above. It says apparent and not PHYSICAL.Physically> > > conjunct is a non-reality. Thus when viewed against the backdropof the> > > rasi, we say that two planets are conjunct when they appear to bein the> > > same rasi. This is apparent and not true in reality. As pointedout> > earlier,> > > rasi is also imaginary; it has no physical boundaries in space.> > >> > > The point I am driving at is that when we say that two planets are> > conjunct> > > in a rasi purely on a non-physical basis (apparent), what is wrongwith> > > defining similar conjunctions in vargas?> > >> > > Regarding varga (division) +

uttama (best) = vargottama, M-W> > > (Monier-Williams) dictionary gives the following meanings foruttama:> > >> > > uppermost, highest, chief, most elevated, principal, best ,excellent> > RV.> > > AV. AitBr. Mn. Pan5cat. & c. (often ifc. , e.g. %{dvijo7ttama} ,best of> > the> > > twice-born i.e. a Bra1hman Mn.) first, greatest, the highest(tone) the> > most> > > removed or last in place or order or time etc.> > >> > > best regards> > > Hari> > >> > > On 6/23/06, vijayadas_pradeep vijayadas_pradeep@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Hari> > > >> > > > Conjunction is -coming together.> > > > Physical conjunction points to two or more planets comingtogether> > with a> > > > Rashi or Sign

as backdrop.Physically they are within the Span ofa> > > > Rashi.Thus the distance between them is not a problem.> > > >> > > > On the other hand - marking two planets in a navamshasign,(unless> > they> > > > are physically conjunct) is not pointing to such aconjunction.Therecan> > > > be planets or rashis seperating them.Thus planets from theirplace of> > > > occupation are having a sambandha with another Rashi> > individually.Whenthis Sambandha is with the same Rashi,it becomes> > > > Vargottama.Having amsha in the same rashi where it isplaced.*Varga> > Uttama> > > > - I feel Uttama is pointing to the ''same'' as shri SanjayPrahakaran> > had> > > > mentioned long back as compared to the common understanding -''best''> > among> > >

> vargas.> > > > *> > > > Thanks> > > > Pradeep> > > >> > >> >> >> >>

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on India Click here