IndiaDivine.org

Strength of Rasis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,

Namaskar. Vargottama Navamsa is not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about strengths we should we careful about what kind of strength we are talking about and what is the expectation from the graha. Guru is a universal graha ; but we talk about Guru being weak and strong depending upon what we want Guru to be doing. Vargottamamsa will make Guru's effect go to Lagna making it more effective for lagna results where as Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will possibly making Guru's karakatva strong. Similarly there are pushkarak navamsas and these may not be vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on this. If you remember I posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in particular. Why exaltation degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has exaltation around 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a particular navamsa, a particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are best for Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I cannot get a good opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=============================================================sohamsa , "B Lakshmi Ramesh" <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:>> Om Gurave Namah> > Namaste Guruji and friends,> > Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi Saibaba, it > suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be based > upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at which > such strength occurs.> > It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which are > in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the vargottama > navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam navamsa > is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is the > 1st one. > > Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason for this > allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based on > natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?> > Requesting your corrections, > > Regards,> Lakshmi>

Guest guest

Dear Gaurav ji

Yes, deep exaltation / debilitation point are coincided by their vargas in

respective d charts. and In my opinion, planet is fully matured for its natural

significations. its functional role is still dependent upon the lagna, it gets.

regards / Prafulla Gang

Our life is a great movie, we direct it, we produce it, and we star in it. So

turn off the TV and live your life!!

>

> souravc108

> Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:34:13 -0000

> sohamsa

> Re: Strength of Rasis

>

>

> || Hare Rama Krishna ||

>

> Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,

>

> Namaskar. Vargottama Navamsa

> is not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about

> strengths we should we careful about what kind of strength we are

> talking about and what is the expectation from the graha. Guru is a

> universal graha ; but we talk about Guru being weak and strong depending

> upon what we want Guru to be doing. Vargottamamsa will make Guru's

> effect go to Lagna making it more effective for lagna results where as

> Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will possibly making Guru's karakatva

> strong. Similarly there are pushkarak navamsas and these may not be

> vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on this. If you remember I

> posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in particular. Why exaltation

> degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has exaltation around

> 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a particular navamsa, a

> particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are best for

> Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I cannot get a good

> opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Sourav

>

> =============================================================

> sohamsa , " B Lakshmi Ramesh "

> <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:

>>

>> Om Gurave Namah

>>

>> Namaste Guruji and friends,

>>

>> Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi Saibaba, it

>> suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be based

>> upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at which

>> such strength occurs.

>>

>> It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which are

>> in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the vargottama

>> navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam navamsa

>> is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is the

>> 1st one.

>>

>> Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason for this

>> allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based on

>> natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?

>>

>> Requesting your corrections,

>>

>> Regards,

>> Lakshmi

>>

Guest guest

Dear madam B Lakshmi Ramesh, You may have come across my article on Vargottama Navamsa. Kindly give your comments on it . The article is attached for your ready reference. G.k.goelB Lakshmi Ramesh <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote: Om Gurave NamahDear Sourav,Namaste. I think there's some confusion here. What i meant by vargottama navamsa is that, for example, the 9th navamsa of Dhanus(in rasi) is mapped to dhanus also in navamsa. Exaltation navamsas were far from

my mind, because I was not talking about strength of grahas but about strength of rasis.But, as you have remarked, deep exaltation of grahas at some particular degree is indeed very thought provoking and I have also raised some questions /doubts regarding the same at the very begining of sohamsa list. If you can find time, please go through these messages. Like you, I too would be glad to have those puzzles addressed.At deep exaltation, the Sun is at 0 degrees Cancer in navamsa...I was thinking perhaps Sun is particularly happy there may be because that indicates the farthest point in uttarayana and also begining of dakshinayana, which is a very special point in time. It also presages the begining of rains (varsha ritu-sravana & bhadrapada). It gives a new depth to the role of the Sun as nourisher, because he's responsible for rains too. That's his dharma... I also think there could be a highly

spiritual reason (based on yoga).Anyway, as Guruji remarked, all these could be surmises, and we could be aeons away from deciphering the exalted minds of Maharshis. But there's nothing wrong in giving an honest try.Let's wait for the responses of others.Regards,Lakshmi sohamsa , "Sourav" <souravc108 wrote:>> > || Hare Rama Krishna ||> > Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,> > Namaskar. Vargottama Navamsa> is not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about> strengths we should we careful about what kind of strength we are> talking about and what is the expectation from the graha. Guru is a> universal graha ; but we talk about Guru being weak and strong depending> upon what we want Guru to be doing. Vargottamamsa will make Guru's> effect go to

Lagna making it more effective for lagna results where as> Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will possibly making Guru's karakatva> strong. Similarly there are pushkarak navamsas and these may not be> vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on this. If you remember I> posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in particular. Why exaltation> degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has exaltation around> 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a particular navamsa, a> particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are best for> Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I cannot get a good> opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.> > Best wishes,> > Sourav> > =============================================================> sohamsa , "B Lakshmi Ramesh"> <b_lakshmi_ramesh@> wrote:> >> > Om Gurave Namah> >> > Namaste Guruji and friends,> >> > Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi Saibaba, it> > suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be based> > upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at which> > such strength occurs.> >> > It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which are> > in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the vargottama> > navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam navamsa> > is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is the> > 1st one.> >> > Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason

for this> > allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based on> > natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?> >> > Requesting your corrections,> >> > Regards,> > Lakshmi> >>

Find out what India is talking about on Answers India.

SMS memory full? Store all your important SMS in your Mail. Register for SMS BAK UP now!

Guest guest

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Jyotishas, Strengths are of 6 Types only, As mentioned by Parashara in Shadbala Calculations, The strengths are thus all focused on overcoming 6th house effects. The 6 strengths are further classified.

To essentially understand strenghts we have to understand what does each 6 type of strenght gives. Like Exaltation (Uccha bala) is just one subdivision under Staana Bala.Further when considering strenghts in divisionals we use weightage and use Vishwa Varga is mentioned so all understanding of strengths should proceed from here is my opinion.

>Why exaltation degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has

exaltation around 10th degree of Mesha >rasi. This represents a

particular navamsa, a particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that

these vargas are >best for Surya because they are at this degree ?In why certain degree is mentioned?, A degree is 30th part of Rashi, (For example Surya get most exaltation in 9 to 10th degree range) Hence indicates Trimshamsha, Again Trimshamsa = 24+6. Here we get again the number 6!, Warm RegardsSanjay POn 7/22/06, Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,

Namaskar. Vargottama Navamsa is not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about strengths we should we careful about what kind of strength we are talking about and what is the expectation from the graha. Guru is a universal graha ; but we talk about Guru being weak and strong depending upon what we want Guru to be doing. Vargottamamsa will make Guru's effect go to Lagna making it more effective for lagna results where as Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will possibly making Guru's karakatva strong. Similarly there are pushkarak navamsas and these may not be vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on this. If you remember I posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in particular. Why exaltation degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has exaltation around 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a particular navamsa, a particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are best for Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I cannot get a good opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=============================================================

sohamsa , " B Lakshmi Ramesh " <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:>> Om Gurave Namah> > Namaste Guruji and friends,> > Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi Saibaba, it > suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be based > upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at which > such strength occurs.> > It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which are > in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the vargottama > navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam navamsa > is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is the > 1st one. > > Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason for this > allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based on > natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?

> > Requesting your corrections, > > Regards,> Lakshmi>

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama Krishna ||

Dear SanjayP-ji,

Namaskar. You are thinking in the line of absence of weakness is strength and vice versa. We have to remember that there are debilitation degrees also (180th degree from exaltation degree). This is a good idea. However, what happens when sixth lord is in deep exaltation ? Certain degree ranges are given for being in Moolatrikona, why is range needed ? Is deep exaltation of Sura-grahas same as that of asura-family ?

Further, if the particular trimsamsa (say rasi X) within Mesha kshetra is best to overcome weakness of ego (Surya) then when there is another such rasi X within another kshetra (not Mesha) is Surya similarly strong there ?

Now, Lakshmi-ji pointed out that she was focusing of a rasi being mapped onto itself in navamsa. So, is a navamsa Mesha same as Rasi Mesha (or kshetra Mesha) ? If so, can we apply the deep exaltation degrees in there ? I have doubts that if Varga rasis are same as actual rasis or different flavours of them. It is similar to a fractal concept, may be. I am just musing. Hope I am not bothering with conjecture type questions.

Best wishes,

Sourav

================================================================

sohamsa , "Sanjay Prabhakaran" <sanjaychettiar wrote:>> || Om Gurave Namah ||> > Dear Jyotishas,> > Strengths are of 6 Types only, As mentioned by Parashara in Shadbala> Calculations,> The strengths are thus all focused on overcoming 6th house effects. The 6> strengths are further classified.> To essentially understand strenghts we have to understand what does each 6> type of strenght gives. Like Exaltation (Uccha bala) is just one subdivision> under Staana Bala.> > Further when considering strenghts in divisionals we use weightage and use> Vishwa Varga is mentioned so all understanding of strengths should proceed> from here is my opinion.> > >Why exaltation degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has> exaltation around 10th degree of Mesha >rasi. This represents a particular> navamsa, a particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are> >best for Surya because they are at this degree ?> > In why certain degree is mentioned?, A degree is 30th part of Rashi, (For> example Surya get most exaltation in 9 to 10th degree range) Hence indicates> Trimshamsha, Again Trimshamsa = 24+6. Here we get again the number 6!,> > Warm Regards> Sanjay P> > > > > > On 7/22/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Rama Krishna ||*> >> > Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,> >> > Namaskar. Vargottama Navamsa is> > not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about strengths we> > should we careful about what kind of strength we are talking about and what> > is the expectation from the graha. Guru is a universal graha ; but we talk> > about Guru being weak and strong depending upon what we want Guru to be> > doing. Vargottamamsa will make Guru's effect go to Lagna making it more> > effective for lagna results where as Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will> > possibly making Guru's karakatva strong. Similarly there are pushkarak> > navamsas and these may not be vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on> > this. If you remember I posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in> > particular. Why exaltation degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya> > has exaltation around 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a> > particular navamsa, a particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these> > vargas are best for Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I> > cannot get a good opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.> >> > Best wishes,> >> > Sourav> >> > =============================================================> >> > sohamsa , "B Lakshmi Ramesh" b_lakshmi_ramesh@> > wrote:> > >> > > Om Gurave Namah> > >> > > Namaste Guruji and friends,> > >> > > Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi Saibaba, it> > > suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be based> > > upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at which> > > such strength occurs.> > >> > > It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which are> > > in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the vargottama> > > navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam navamsa> > > is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is the> > > 1st one.> > >> > > Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason for this> > > allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based on> > > natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?> > >> > > Requesting your corrections,> > >> > > Regards,> > > Lakshmi> > >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Dear Goel ji / members

If possible, please email me the article copy (as I am not getting attachment

files in the list mails), or if it is uploaded in the file section, I can

download it from there.

regards / Prafulla Gang

This notion is more clearly understood by asking " What do I know?. "

>

> b_lakshmi_ramesh

> Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:06:32 -0000

> sohamsa

> Re: Strength of Rasis

>

> Om Gurave Namah

>

> Namaste Goel ji,

>

> How are you, Sir?

>

> I have read your paper on the concept of vargottama and listened to

> the mp3 of your lecture too. The enthusiasm with which you do

> research and present new insights has always been a major

> inspiration for me.

>

> I really liked your bhava vargottama concept/illustrations. I have

> checked the applicability of vargottama concept across vargas of my

> own chart (navamsa, turyamsa, siddhamsa etc) and found it amazingly

> accurate. But still, I feel there's a vast difference between being

> vargottama in navamsa and being vargottama in other divisional

> charts, where it's limited to specific spheres of life. On the other

> hand, navamsa chart is not confined to marriage/spouse alone...it

> reflects the inner strength of the native and his ability to

> overcome/succumb. An especially empowered planet in navamsa can

> influence the entire outlook of the native.

>

> Regards,

> Lakshmi

>

>

>

> sohamsa , Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:

>>

>> Dear madam B Lakshmi Ramesh,

>> You may have come across my article on Vargottama Navamsa.

>> Kindly give your comments on it . The article is attached for

> your ready reference.

>> G.k.goel

>> B Lakshmi Ramesh <b_lakshmi_ramesh wrote:

>> Om Gurave Namah

>>

>> Dear Sourav,

>>

>> Namaste.

>>

>> I think there's some confusion here. What i meant by vargottama

>> navamsa is that, for example, the 9th navamsa of Dhanus(in rasi)

> is

>> mapped to dhanus also in navamsa. Exaltation navamsas were far

> from

>> my mind, because I was not talking about strength of grahas but

>> about strength of rasis.

>>

>> But, as you have remarked, deep exaltation of grahas at some

>> particular degree is indeed very thought provoking and I have also

>> raised some questions /doubts regarding the same at the very

>> begining of sohamsa list. If you can find time, please go through

>> these messages. Like you, I too would be glad to have those

> puzzles

>> addressed.

>>

>> At deep exaltation, the Sun is at 0 degrees Cancer in navamsa...I

>> was thinking perhaps Sun is particularly happy there may be

> because

>> that indicates the farthest point in uttarayana and also begining

> of

>> dakshinayana, which is a very special point in time. It also

>> presages the begining of rains (varsha ritu-sravana & bhadrapada).

>> It gives a new depth to the role of the Sun as nourisher, because

>> he's responsible for rains too. That's his dharma... I also think

>> there could be a highly spiritual reason (based on yoga).

>>

>> Anyway, as Guruji remarked, all these could be surmises, and we

>> could be aeons away from deciphering the exalted minds of

> Maharshis.

>> But there's nothing wrong in giving an honest try.

>>

>> Let's wait for the responses of others.

>>

>> Regards,

>> Lakshmi

>>

>> sohamsa , " Sourav " <souravc108@> wrote:

>>>

>>>

>>> || Hare Rama Krishna ||

>>>

>>> Dear Sri Lakshmi-ji,

>>>

>>> Namaskar. Vargottama

>> Navamsa

>>> is not the same as exaltation navamsa. Whenwe are talking about

>>> strengths we should we careful about what kind of strength we are

>>> talking about and what is the expectation from the graha. Guru

> is a

>>> universal graha ; but we talk about Guru being weak and strong

>> depending

>>> upon what we want Guru to be doing. Vargottamamsa will make

> Guru's

>>> effect go to Lagna making it more effective for lagna results

>> where as

>>> Exaltation of Guru in navamsa will possibly making Guru's

> karakatva

>>> strong. Similarly there are pushkarak navamsas and these may not

>> be

>>> vargottama or exaltation. I am still musing on this. If you

>> remember I

>>> posed a question to members and Sanjay-ji in particular. Why

>> exaltation

>>> degrees of grahas are given in Rasis ? Like Surya has exaltation

>> around

>>> 10th degree of Mesha rasi. This represents a particular navamsa,

> a

>>> particular dasamsa etc etc. Does it mean that these vargas are

>> best for

>>> Surya because they are at this degree ? To this day I cannot get

>> a good

>>> opinion on this. Hope this provokes thought.

>>>

>>> Best wishes,

>>>

>>> Sourav

>>>

>>> =============================================================

>>> sohamsa , " B Lakshmi Ramesh "

>>> <b_lakshmi_ramesh@> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Om Gurave Namah

>>>>

>>>> Namaste Guruji and friends,

>>>>

>>>> Today evening, while ruminating on the navamsa of Shirdi

>> Saibaba, it

>>>> suddenly struck me that the natural strength of rasis could be

>> based

>>>> upon the concept of vargottama navamsa or the longitude at

> which

>>>> such strength occurs.

>>>>

>>>> It is said that dual signs are stronger than fixed signs which

>> are

>>>> in turn stronger than movable signs. For dual signs, the

>> vargottama

>>>> navamsa is the 9th/last one, for fixed signs the vargottam

>> navamsa

>>>> is 5th one and for the movable signs the vargottama navamsa is

>> the

>>>> 1st one.

>>>>

>>>> Is this deduction correct? Or is there any other reason for

> this

>>>> allotment of relative strengths? Is the strength simply based

> on

>>>> natural ascending order of movable, fixed, and dual rasis?

>>>>

>>>> Requesting your corrections,

>>>>

>>>> Regards,

>>>> Lakshmi

>>>>

>>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> Find out what India is talking about on Answers India.

>> SMS memory full? Store all your important SMS in your Mail.

> Register for SMS BAK UP now!

>>

Inbox.com Photos - Share your photos with your friends and family!

Visit http://www.inbox.com/photosharing to find out more!