IndiaDivine.org

Mahalaya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sarbani

Can you pls elaborate on "mahalaya". What is it and whats its importance? thanksangel goel===================

Sarbani Sarkar <sarbanisohamsa Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:01:41 PM Mahalaya

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Jyotishis,

Today, 22nd September, is Mahalaya; the beginning of Devi Paksha. The countdown begins!

Best regards,

Sarbani Sarkar

http://sarbani. com

|om|

Dear Sarbani, namaste

For a brief mail or so, I thought Brahmadaru changed to Ramakrishna! May I request you to write a few lines on the various esoteric rituals in the chandi patha? What is the significance of shapodhara in the ritual? Why is the navarni mantra regarded as the moola mantra for the chandi patha and why is it to be recited 108 times before and after the mantra? Does each chapter have a rishi and nyasa?

I have been taught that the order of the stotras before commencing the reading of chapters is Devi Kavacham --> Devi Argala stotra ---> Devi Utkilan but in other traditions, this order may change. Any comments on this?

best regards

Hari

On 9/21/06, Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani wrote:

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Jyotishis,

Today, 22nd September, is Mahalaya; the beginning of Devi Paksha. The countdown begins!

Best regards,

Sarbani Sarkar

http://sarbani.com

Dear Sarbani,

Pranam,

I want to ask about the ARGALA STOTRA, KILAKA STOTRA and DURGA KAWACH. These are very popular and chanted during the Navaratri. Could you please focus on the effect of chanting on body! I am keen to know about it.

On 9/21/06, Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi wrote:

|om|

Dear Sarbani, namaste

For a brief mail or so, I thought Brahmadaru changed to Ramakrishna! May I request you to write a few lines on the various esoteric rituals in the chandi patha? What is the significance of shapodhara in the ritual? Why is the navarni mantra regarded as the moola mantra for the chandi patha and why is it to be recited 108 times before and after the mantra? Does each chapter have a rishi and nyasa?

I have been taught that the order of the stotras before commencing the reading of chapters is Devi Kavacham --> Devi Argala stotra ---> Devi Utkilan but in other traditions, this order may change. Any comments on this?

best regards

Hari

On 9/21/06, Sarbani Sarkar <sarbani

> wrote:

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Jyotishis,

Best regards,

Sarbani Sarkar

http://sarbani.com

-- Rushikesh " Technology Through Innovation "

|om|Dear Sarbani,Sorry I made a mistake when I wrote Devi Utkilan...please read it as Kilaka Stotra.best regardsHari

On 9/21/06, Rushikesh Deshpande <rushi83 wrote:

Dear Sarbani,

Pranam,

I want to ask about the ARGALA STOTRA, KILAKA STOTRA and DURGA KAWACH. These are very popular and chanted during the Navaratri. Could you please focus on the effect of chanting on body! I am keen to know about it.

On 9/21/06, Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi

> wrote:

|om|

Dear Sarbani, namaste

best regards

Hari