IndiaDivine.org

Divorce: The emperical rule

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sarajit ji

All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart. thanksangel goel===================

Sarajit Poddar <sarajit.poddarsohamsa Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AMRe: Divorce: The emperical rule

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Souvik,If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are plenty though...I follow these principles.1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects. 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .Best WishesSarajit

On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

Dear members,I had a question in my mind for long.I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along the marriage for many diverse reasons.What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?Any views will be appreciated in this.ThanksSouvik-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar

Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

My personal observation.

A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in

continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or

Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.

Any views on this.

Regards,

Souvik

sohamsa , angel <angelgoel wrote:

>

> Hi Sarajit ji

>

> All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in

rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

>

> thanks

> angel goel

> ===================

>

>

>

>

> Sarajit Poddar <sarajit.poddar

> sohamsa

> Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

>

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Souvik,

>

> If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there

are plenty though...

>

> I follow these principles.

> 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there

are no beneficial aspects.

> 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

> 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa

(primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

>

>

> On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> Dear members,

>

> I had a question in my mind for long.

>

> I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along

> the marriage for many diverse reasons.

>

> What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

>

> Any views will be appreciated in this.

>

> Thanks

>

> Souvik

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit Poddar

>

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

namaskar. Reserving the opportunity to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the situation.

In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually, planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high status (relative to the native).

Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC Conferences.

Best wishes,

Sourav

================================================================

sohamsa , "Souvik Dutta" <explore_vulcan wrote:>> Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> My personal observation.> A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.> > Any views on this.> > Regards,> > Souvik> > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:> >> > Hi Sarajit ji> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> > > > thanks> > angel goel> > ===================> > > > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> > sohamsa > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Souvik,> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there > are plenty though...> > > > I follow these principles.> > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there > are no beneficial aspects. > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .> > > > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:> > Dear members,> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.> > > > Thanks> > > > Souvik> > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Best Wishes> > Sarajit Poddar> >>

Dear Souravji,

Brilliant! Thank you.

Regards,

Souvik

sohamsa , " Sourav " <souravc108 wrote:

>

>

> || Hare Raama Krsna ||

>

> Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

>

> namaskar. Reserving the

> opportunity to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to

comment

> on the situation.

>

> In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the

same

> should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e.

the

> kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the

> sexual act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the

native), and

> the 11th house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who

such

> fulfillment can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal

is

> the karaka for the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in

debility in

> the 11th, notice that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is

> dissatisfaction of the partner of the native. In case of Mangal in

> debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord and hence indicates lack of

> desire of the native being the cause. Usually, planets in the 7th

and

> trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can also show partners

> coming from poorer section of society or not from high status

(relative

> to the native).

>

> Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the

tendencies

> towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna

reduces

> the tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

>

> I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the

SJC

> Conferences.

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Sourav

>

> ================================================================

>

>

> sohamsa , " Souvik Dutta " <explore_vulcan@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

> > My personal observation.

> > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very

detrimental in

> > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or

> > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause

separation.

> >

> > Any views on this.

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Souvik

> >

> > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Hi Sarajit ji

> > >

> > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only

in

> > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > >

> > > thanks

> > > angel goel

> > > ===================

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@

> > > sohamsa

> > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> > >

> > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > Dear Souvik,

> > >

> > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this...,

there

> > are plenty though...

> > >

> > > I follow these principles.

> > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and

there

> > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

> > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa

> > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit

> > >

> > >

> > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> > > Dear members,

> > >

> > > I had a question in my mind for long.

> > >

> > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling

along

> > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > >

> > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

> > >

> > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > >

> > > Thanks

> > >

> > > Souvik

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit Poddar

> > >

> >

>

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Angel,You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with this approach. Best Wishes

SarajitOn 9/27/06, angel <angelgoel wrote:

Hi Sarajit ji

All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart. thanksangel goel===================

Sarajit Poddar <

sarajit.poddar

sohamsa Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AMRe: Divorce: The emperical rule

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Souvik,If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are plenty though...I follow these principles.1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects. 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .Best WishesSarajit

On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <

explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

Dear members,I had a question in my mind for long.I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along the marriage for many diverse reasons.What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

Any views will be appreciated in this.ThanksSouvik-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar

-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature, profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart. However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a say, I consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are good in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For example, if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the 8th house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might suffer severe health troubles.

Best WishesSarajitOn 10/4/06, Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

namaskar. Reserving the opportunity to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the situation.

In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually, planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high status (relative to the native).

Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC Conferences.

Best wishes,

Sourav

sohamsa , " Souvik Dutta " <explore_vulcan wrote:>> Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> My personal observation.

> A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.

> > Any views on this.> > Regards,> > Souvik> > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:> >

> > Hi Sarajit ji> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> > > > thanks> > angel goel

> > ===================> > > > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> >

sohamsa > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Souvik,

> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there > are plenty though...> > > > I follow these principles.> > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there > are no beneficial aspects. > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@

> wrote:> > Dear members,> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.> > > > Thanks> > > > Souvik

> > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Best Wishes> > Sarajit Poddar> >>

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's role in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that, actually, and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri Siv Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to Sri Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow related. Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has to be strong and under malefic influences.

I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that either the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is stronger bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as they are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

Best wishes,

Sourav

sohamsa , "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Sourav,> > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters> related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital> relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,> profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.> However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a say, I> consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are good> in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For example,> if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives> aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the 8th> house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might> suffer severe health troubles.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit> > On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> >> > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,> >> > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity> > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the> > situation.> >> > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same> > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the> > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual> > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th> > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment> > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for> > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice> > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of> > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord> > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually,> > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can> > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high> > status (relative to the native).> >> > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies> > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the> > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.> >> > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC> > Conferences.> >> > Best wishes,> >> > Sourav> >> > ================================================================> >> >> > sohamsa , "Souvik Dutta" explore_vulcan@ wrote:> > >> > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> > > My personal observation.> > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in> > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or> > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.> > >> > > Any views on this.> > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Hi Sarajit ji> > > >> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in> > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> > > >> > > > thanks> > > > angel goel> > > > ===================> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> > > > sohamsa > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > >> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > > > Dear Souvik,> > > >> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there> > > are plenty though...> > > >> > > > I follow these principles.> > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there> > > are no beneficial aspects.> > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .> > > >> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit> > > >> > > >> > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:> > > > Dear members,> > > >> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > >> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along> > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > > >> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > >> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.> > > >> > > > Thanks> > > >> > > > Souvik> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > --> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit Poddar> > > >> > >> >> > > >> > > > -- > Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Angel-ji,

namaskar. Permit me to extend a bit what Guru Sarajit just said.

6th house indicates celibacy according to sashtras. Now maarakas to this 6th house are 7th and 12-th. So activities in these houses ends celibacy. 7th house shows sambandha and is called Yuvati Bhava (house where from partner comes; the term yuvati means young unmarried woman, that is from male nativity point of view). 12-th house is house of rest (bed) and bed pleasures. Now, why is UL taken for marriage and not A7 ? It seems the sastras talk about 7th house as marriage. Then why is arudha of 12-th house taken for marriage ?

12-th house is the house of compromises and the future of Pitri rina (5th from 8th). So UL represents the arudha of all the compromises that we make in life. Husband or Wife (i.e. Marriage) is that area of life that we compromise most (day to day basis). So UL represents spouse.

Now why is UL in Rasi chart important? Rasi chart shows the sum total of our existance and hence shows our day to day life. The life partner (spouse) shares everything with the native - food & wealth, happiness and sorrow, responsibilities, future etc, and this sharing is on a day to day and summary existance. Hence this indicates that we should see the act of sharing and compromising from the Rasi chart itself and not from individual Vargas (which are showing individual areas of life in zoom). Hence Rasi UL represents marriage. Navamsa is the chart of Dharma. Marriage being a primary part of Dharma, Navamsa is also showing details of the spouse in this dharmic relation. Taking the 7th house in Navamsa as the spouse's lagna, many information can be derived about the spouse. But we have to be careful about one thing. Navamsa will indicate those things about the spouse that are in relation to the native and is part of the marriage. Each Varga is telling only about native and native's area of life. Thus the real natal chart of the spouse will give additional other details which may not be relevant to the native's chart and hence will not be found in the native's navamsa.

In COVA, Sanjay-ji mentions in one place that 12-th house in Navamsa being the 6th from the 7th house, the UL or A12 in Navamsa indicates the Satrupada (A6) of the spouse so that is from the point of view of the spouse. Rafal and I argued about this and I think this seems a valid logic. UL in the navamsa is not shown totality of compromise, only compromises in the field of Dharma.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=================================================================sohamsa , "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Angel,> > You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions> mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with> this approach.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit> > On 9/27/06, angel angelgoel wrote:> >> > Hi Sarajit ji> >> > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi> > (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> >> > thanks> > angel goel> > ===================> >> > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar > sohamsa > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> >> > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Souvik,> >> > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are> > plenty though...> >> > I follow these principles.> > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no> > beneficial aspects.> > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .> >> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> >> > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ explore_vulcan> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear members,> > >> > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > >> > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along> > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > >> > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > >> > > Any views will be appreciated in this.> > >> > > Thanks> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > >> >> >> > --> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit Poddar> > > >> >> >> > > -- > Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

Hi Sourav and Sarajit Ji

Thanks for the explaination regarding UL. I shall get back to you when i m in doubt regarding UL.

regards,Angel===================

Sourav <souravc108sohamsa Sent: Friday, October 6, 2006 8:05:57 AM Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Angel-ji,

6th house indicates celibacy according to sashtras. Now maarakas to this 6th house are 7th and 12-th. So activities in these houses ends celibacy. 7th house shows sambandha and is called Yuvati Bhava (house where from partner comes; the term yuvati means young unmarried woman, that is from male nativity point of view). 12-th house is house of rest (bed) and bed pleasures. Now, why is UL taken for marriage and not A7 ? It seems the sastras talk about 7th house as marriage. Then why is arudha of 12-th house taken for marriage ?

12-th house is the house of compromises and the future of Pitri rina (5th from 8th). So UL represents the arudha of all the compromises that we make in life. Husband or Wife (i.e. Marriage) is that area of life that we compromise most (day to day basis). So UL represents spouse.

Now why is UL in Rasi chart important? Rasi chart shows the sum total of our existance and hence shows our day to day life. The life partner (spouse) shares everything with the native - food & wealth, happiness and sorrow, responsibilities, future etc, and this sharing is on a day to day and summary existance. Hence this indicates that we should see the act of sharing and compromising from the Rasi chart itself and not from individual Vargas (which are showing individual areas of life in zoom). Hence Rasi UL represents marriage. Navamsa is the chart of Dharma. Marriage being a primary part of Dharma, Navamsa is also showing details of the spouse in this dharmic relation. Taking the 7th house in Navamsa as the spouse's lagna, many information can be derived about the spouse. But we have to be careful about one thing. Navamsa will indicate those things about the spouse that are in relation to the native and is part of the marriage. Each Varga is telling only about

native and native's area of life. Thus the real natal chart of the spouse will give additional other details which may not be relevant to the native's chart and hence will not be found in the native's navamsa.

In COVA, Sanjay-ji mentions in one place that 12-th house in Navamsa being the 6th from the 7th house, the UL or A12 in Navamsa indicates the Satrupada (A6) of the spouse so that is from the point of view of the spouse. Rafal and I argued about this and I think this seems a valid logic. UL in the navamsa is not shown totality of compromise, only compromises in the field of Dharma.

Best wishes,

Sourav

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========sohamsa@ .com, "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit.poddar@ ...> wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Angel,> > You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions> mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with> this approach.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit> > On 9/27/06, angel angelgoel@.. . wrote:> >> > Hi Sarajit ji> >> > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi> > (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> >> > thanks> > angel goel> > ============ =======> >> > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@ ...> > sohamsa@ .com> > Wednesday, September

27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> >> > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Souvik,> >> > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are> > plenty though...> >> > I follow these principles.> > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no> > beneficial aspects.> > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .> >> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> >> > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ explore_ vulcan@.. .>> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear members,> > >> > > I had a question in my mind for long.>

> >> > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along> > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > >> > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > >> > > Any views will be appreciated in this.> > >> > > Thanks> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > >> >> >> > --> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit Poddar> > > >> >> >> > > -- > Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

Dear friends,

i shall be very grateful if u could give me a analysis of my

horoscope. My lagna (thula)lord (shukra) is in the 7th house from

lagna.there are 4 retrograde planets in my horoscope! could u please

tell me a general overview of my horoscope? im in a very bad phase of

life for last 7-8 years. my DOB is march 14 1980. 9 :46 PM.

mangalore. thanking you all in advance...

krishnan

Dear friend, Rasi Drishti = availability or non-availability of tangible resources only. Intangibles gets transferred through- graha drishti(desire) and stellar dispositors(emotional careers), argala(strong desire to intervene or participate). Rasi Drishit of ketu will show availability of things signified by = ketu + house+sign All the planets who are also having Rasi Drishti on Ketu can get easy access to these 'Ketu's Resources'. With best wishes, Mrutyunjay My personal email id is astrologer.mrutyunjay for out of group contact and professional consultations. Tired of spam? Mail has the best

spam protection around

Jaya Jaganantha

Greetings All

Namaste

Now a further dynamic to this topic, How do we go about dilineating for second divorce of a native.

Regards

Bipin

-

Sarajit Poddar

angel

Cc: sohamsa

Friday, October 06, 2006 2:48 AM

Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Angel,You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with this approach. Best Wishes Sarajit

On 9/27/06, angel <angelgoel > wrote:

Hi Sarajit ji

Sarajit Poddar < sarajit.poddar >sohamsa Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AMRe: Divorce: The emperical rule

On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta < explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

Dear members,I had a question in my mind for long.I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along the marriage for many diverse reasons.What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation? Any views will be appreciated in this.ThanksSouvik-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar -- Best WishesSarajit Poddar

Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.10/459 - Release 2006/09/29

************************************************************************************

The e-mail and attachments are confidential and intended only for selected recipients. If you have received it in error, you may not in any way disclose or rely on the contents. You may not keep, copy or distribute the e-mail. Should you receive it, immediately notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail.Also note that this form of communication is not secure, it can be intercepted, and may not necessarily be free of errors and viruses in spite of reasonable efforts to secure this medium.

************************************************************************************

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered 7th from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider stronger of arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it for certain other things such as:

1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL and not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th from UL too.3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider 7th from AL.

Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or the 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from A7.For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases also we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there.

There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower. For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the Arudhas, which can be referred.

Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly make out any time for contributing on Jyotish.Best WishesSarajitOn 10/6/06,

Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's role in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that, actually, and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri Siv Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to Sri Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow related. Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has to be strong and under malefic influences.

I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that either the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is stronger bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as they are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

Best wishes,

Sourav

sohamsa , " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Sourav,

> > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters> related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital> relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,

> profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.> However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a say, I> consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are good

> in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For example,> if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives> aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the 8th

> house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might> suffer severe health troubles.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit>

> On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> >> > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,> >> > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity> > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the

> > situation.> >> > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same> > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the> > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual

> > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th> > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment> > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for

> > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice> > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of> > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord

> > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually,> > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can> > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high

> > status (relative to the native).> >> > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies> > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the

> > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.> >> > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC> > Conferences.> >> > Best wishes,> >

> > Sourav> >> > ================================================================> >> >> > sohamsa

, " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:> > >> > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> > > My personal observation.> > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in

> > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or> > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.> > >> > > Any views on this.

> > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > > >> > > > Hi Sarajit ji> > > >> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in> > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > > >> > > > thanks> > > > angel goel> > > > ===================> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >

> > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> > > > sohamsa > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > >> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > > > Dear Souvik,> > > >> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there

> > > are plenty though...> > > >> > > > I follow these principles.> > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there> > > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > >> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit> > > >> > > >> > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@

> wrote:> > > > Dear members,> > > >> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > >> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along

> > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > > >> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > >> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > > >> > > > Thanks> > > >> > > > Souvik> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >

> > > > --> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit Poddar> > > >> > >> >> > > >> > > > --

> Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Souvik,UL indicate whether we shall be separated by a case of divorce or not, in which we shall be legally/ socially deemed to be separated, since it is just a maya in this world. Even if one is not legally separated, they might be in actual fact separated. Such kinds of things happen, if there are afflictions to the 7th/ 8th houses, affliction to karaka Venus... both in Rasi and Navamsa. In such cases, there is no afinity and affection between the couple, but due to fortified, 2nd from UL, they have not taken any divorce... and in front of the world, they are still a couple.

Best WishesSarajit

On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta < explore_vulcan@

<explore_vulcan > wrote:

Dear members,

I had a question in my mind for long.

I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along

the marriage for many diverse reasons.

What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

Any views will be appreciated in this.

Thanks

Souvik

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,Just another point of view. 12th is the house of renunciation/ relinquishment. 6th is 12th from 7th, hence shows someone who has relinquished the indications of 7th house.

Best WishesSarajitOn 10/6/06, Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Angel-ji,

Now why is UL in Rasi chart important? Rasi chart shows the sum total of our existance and hence shows our day to day life. The life partner (spouse) shares everything with the native - food & wealth, happiness and sorrow, responsibilities, future etc, and this sharing is on a day to day and summary existance. Hence this indicates that we should see the act of sharing and compromising from the Rasi chart itself and not from individual Vargas (which are showing individual areas of life in zoom). Hence Rasi UL represents marriage. Navamsa is the chart of Dharma. Marriage being a primary part of Dharma, Navamsa is also showing details of the spouse in this dharmic relation. Taking the 7th house in Navamsa as the spouse's lagna, many information can be derived about the spouse. But we have to be careful about one thing. Navamsa will indicate those things about the spouse that are in relation to the native and is part of the marriage. Each Varga is telling only about native and native's area of life. Thus the real natal chart of the spouse will give additional other details which may not be relevant to the native's chart and hence will not be found in the native's navamsa.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=================================================================sohamsa , " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit.poddar wrote:

>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Angel,> > You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions> mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with

> this approach.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit> > On 9/27/06, angel angelgoel wrote:> >> > Hi Sarajit ji> >> > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi

> > (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.> >> > thanks> > angel goel> > ===================> >> >

> > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar > sohamsa > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM> > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> >> > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Souvik,> >> > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are> > plenty though...> >> > I follow these principles.

> > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no> > beneficial aspects.> > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa

> > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .> >> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> >> > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ explore_vulcan

> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear members,> > >> > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > >> > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along

> > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > >> > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > >> > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > >> > > Thanks> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > >> >> >> > --> > Best Wishes> > Sarajit Poddar

> > > >> >> >> > > -- > Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Bipin,

Hare Krishna

9th from UL which is the 2nd from the 8th from UL with malefic aspects.

Love,

Swee

On 10/6/06 2:33 AM, " Bipin Prag " <bipin.prag wrote:

Jaya Jaganantha

Greetings All

Namaste

Now a further dynamic to this topic, How do we go about dilineating for second divorce of a native.

Regards

Bipin

-

Sarajit Poddar <sarajit.poddar

angel <angelgoel

Cc: sohamsa

Friday, October 06, 2006 2:48 AM

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Angel,

You should see the upapada in the Rasi Chart only for the conditions mentioned above. Eventhough many take UL in Navamsa, I am not satisfied with this approach.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

On 9/27/06, angel <angelgoel wrote:

Hi Sarajit ji

All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

thanks

angel goel

===================

Sarajit Poddar < sarajit.poddar

sohamsa

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Souvik,

If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there are plenty though...

I follow these principles.

1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

Best Wishes

Sarajit

On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta < explore_vulcan@ <explore_vulcan > wrote:

Dear members,

I had a question in my mind for long.

I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along

the marriage for many diverse reasons.

What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

Any views will be appreciated in this.

Thanks

Souvik

dear sarajit,

It is not true to say that 7th from UL has no effect.

7th from UL indicates the reason for negation of marriage-whether

delay, denial or breakage, or simply the bad relationship.

1. Sun in 7th from UL indicates that the egoistic or authoritative

nature of either partner will be the reason

2. Moon indicates the sensitiveness of the partner

3. Mars indicates undue tiffs or even litigation

4. Mercury indicates improper decisions

5.Jupiter in 7th from UL will not allow the marriage to break for a

very very lengthy time.- even for decades after the problems started

6. Venus indicates improper sexual relations to be the reason

7. saturn in such 7th delays or denies the marriage when there are

otherwise indications of breakage of marriage,especially if it is

indicated by Mars.

In oher words, both Saturn and Jupiter in 7th from UL stop the

breakage of marriage in their own way. Jupiter gives a very early

marriage and prolongs the marriage for ages till it comes to an end

whereas Saturn stops or delays such a marriage- if there is no

marriage, there is no breakage! Hence, usually if such a marriage

takes place, usually there will not be breakage afterwards.

8. Rahu or Ketu in 7th from UL behave in a very different way. While

Ketu in 7th indicates often(but not always) the actual

seperation,either by death or litigation, Rahu actually indicates the

in laws to be the enemies of the marriage.

Apart from theabove, the planets also indicate that relative who is

against the marriage, which can be read from the bhavadipatya of the

planet ( 4th-mother, 10th- mother in law, 3rd- father in law etc)

The breakage of marriage can also be seen from the 2nd from UL.

However, it is not always very easy to predict from 2nd from UL,

since it mostly depends upon the transits and not on the chart per se.

Btw, can you kindly send me the link to your aritlce on arudha?

Hope this helps,

Kishore patnaik

On 10/6/06, Sarajit Poddar <sarajit.poddar wrote:

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Sourav,

>

> About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered 7th

> from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider stronger of

> arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it for

> certain other things such as:

>

> 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL and

> not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.

> 2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th from

> UL too.

> 3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider 7th

> from AL.

>

> Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or the

> 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from A7.

>

> For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases also

> we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there.

>

> There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same

> manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower.

>

> For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the Arudhas,

> which can be referred.

>

> Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly make

> out any time for contributing on Jyotish.

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

>

>

> On 10/6/06, Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

> >

> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*

> >

> > Dear Sarajit-ji,

> >

> > Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments

> > about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's

> role

> > in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that, actually,

> > and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri Siv

> > Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was

> > illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to Sri

> > Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow

> related.

> > Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has to be

> > strong and under malefic influences.

> >

> > I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that either

> > the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is

> stronger

> > bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

> >

> > A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as they

> > are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

> >

> > Best wishes,

> >

> > Sourav

> >

> > ================================================================

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit.poddar

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sourav,

> > >

> > > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters

> > > related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital

> > > relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,

> > > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.

> > > However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a

> > say, I

> > > consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are

> > good

> > > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For

> > example,

> > > if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives

> > > aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the

> > 8th

> > > house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might

> > > suffer severe health troubles.

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit

> > >

> > > On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:

> > > >

> > > > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

> > > >

> > > > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity

> > > > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the

> > > > situation.

> > > >

> > > > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same

> > > > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e.

> > the

> > > > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the

> > sexual

> > > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the

> > 11th

> > > > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such

> > fulfillment

> > > > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka

> > for

> > > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th,

> > notice

> > > > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the

> > partner of

> > > > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd

> > lord

> > > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause.

> > Usually,

> > > > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility

> > can

> > > > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from

> > high

> > > > status (relative to the native).

> > > >

> > > > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies

> > > > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna

> > reduces the

> > > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

> > > >

> > > > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC

> > > > Conferences.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Sourav

> > > >

> > > > ================================================================

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa , " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

> > > > > My personal observation.

> > > > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental

> > in

> > > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or

> > > > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.

> > > > >

> > > > > Any views on this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > >

> > > > > Souvik

> > > > >

> > > > > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi Sarajit ji

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in

> > > > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > thanks

> > > > > > angel goel

> > > > > > ===================

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@

> > > > > > sohamsa

> > > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> > > > > >

> > > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > > Dear Souvik,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there

> > > > > are plenty though...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I follow these principles.

> > > > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and

> > there

> > > > > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa

> > > > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > > Sarajit

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> > > > > > Dear members,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had a question in my mind for long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling

> > along

> > > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > --

> > > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit Poddar

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit Poddar

>

>

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Kishore,I only said that we cannot interpret 7th from UL as same as UL (like the nature/ family of the spouse etc), the way we do for AL and A8 for the death matters. I am sending the file again in which, I have mentioned what are the effects from UL and different houses from it. 7th from UL can be intepreted in various ways. Some of them are as follows:

1. After mentioning about the health troubles of the spouse due to affliction of 2nd from UL, Maharishi Parashara says in BPHS: O Brahmin! All these effects can be deduced from the natal Lagna, Lagnapada, the 7th from Upapada and the Lords thereof. So say Narada and others. (BPHS 30.23).Comment:This is a very interesting verse, whereby Maharishi Parashara gives the clue on the universality of the mentioned principles. While thecombinations indicate different health troubles to the spouse if they occur on the 2nd from Upapada; they shall indicate similar problems

for the native while they occur from Lagna or Lagnapada or 7th from upapada.It is interesting to note that 7th from Upapada shows the native, since it is 7th from upapada, which shows the spouse.2. Like malefics in the 7th from AL shows health troubles, malefics in the 7th from UL can show health troubles of the spouse.

Note: I am sending you the file in a separate mail.Best WishesSarajitOn 10/7/06, kishore patnaik

<kishorepatnaik09 wrote:

dear sarajit,

It is not true to say that 7th from UL has no effect.

7th from UL indicates the reason for negation of marriage-whether

delay, denial or breakage, or simply the bad relationship.

1. Sun in 7th from UL indicates that the egoistic or authoritative

nature of either partner will be the reason

2. Moon indicates the sensitiveness of the partner

3. Mars indicates undue tiffs or even litigation

4. Mercury indicates improper decisions

5.Jupiter in 7th from UL will not allow the marriage to break for a

very very lengthy time.- even for decades after the problems started

6. Venus indicates improper sexual relations to be the reason

7. saturn in such 7th delays or denies the marriage when there are

otherwise indications of breakage of marriage,especially if it is

indicated by Mars.

In oher words, both Saturn and Jupiter in 7th from UL stop the

breakage of marriage in their own way. Jupiter gives a very early

marriage and prolongs the marriage for ages till it comes to an end

whereas Saturn stops or delays such a marriage- if there is no

marriage, there is no breakage! Hence, usually if such a marriage

takes place, usually there will not be breakage afterwards.

8. Rahu or Ketu in 7th from UL behave in a very different way. While

Ketu in 7th indicates often(but not always) the actual

seperation,either by death or litigation, Rahu actually indicates the

in laws to be the enemies of the marriage.

Apart from theabove, the planets also indicate that relative who is

against the marriage, which can be read from the bhavadipatya of the

planet ( 4th-mother, 10th- mother in law, 3rd- father in law etc)

The breakage of marriage can also be seen from the 2nd from UL.

However, it is not always very easy to predict from 2nd from UL,

since it mostly depends upon the transits and not on the chart per se.

Btw, can you kindly send me the link to your aritlce on arudha?

Hope this helps,

Kishore patnaik

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Sourav,

>

> About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered 7th

> from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider stronger of

> arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it for

> certain other things such as:

>

> 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL and

> not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.

> 2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th from

> UL too.

> 3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider 7th

> from AL.

>

> Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or the

> 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from A7.

>

> For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases also

> we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there.

>

> There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same

> manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower.

>

> For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the Arudhas,

> which can be referred.

>

> Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly make

> out any time for contributing on Jyotish.

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

>

>

> On 10/6/06, Sourav <souravc108 wrote:

> >

> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*

> >

> > Dear Sarajit-ji,

> >

> > Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments

> > about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's

> role

> > in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that, actually,

> > and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri Siv

> > Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was

> > illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to Sri

> > Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow

> related.

> > Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has to be

> > strong and under malefic influences.

> >

> > I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that either

> > the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is

> stronger

> > bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

> >

> > A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as they

> > are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

> >

> > Best wishes,

> >

> > Sourav

> >

> > ================================================================

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit.poddar

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sourav,

> > >

> > > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters

> > > related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital

> > > relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,

> > > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.

> > > However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a

> > say, I

> > > consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are

> > good

> > > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For

> > example,

> > > if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives

> > > aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the

> > 8th

> > > house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might

> > > suffer severe health troubles.

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit

> > >

> > > On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

> > > >

> > > > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity

> > > > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the

> > > > situation.

> > > >

> > > > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same

> > > > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e.

> > the

> > > > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the

> > sexual

> > > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the

> > 11th

> > > > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such

> > fulfillment

> > > > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka

> > for

> > > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th,

> > notice

> > > > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the

> > partner of

> > > > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd

> > lord

> > > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause.

> > Usually,

> > > > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility

> > can

> > > > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from

> > high

> > > > status (relative to the native).

> > > >

> > > > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies

> > > > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna

> > reduces the

> > > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

> > > >

> > > > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC

> > > > Conferences.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Sourav

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa , " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

> > > > > My personal observation.

> > > > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental

> > in

> > > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or

> > > > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.

> > > > >

> > > > > Any views on this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > >

> > > > > Souvik

> > > > >

> > > > > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi Sarajit ji

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in

> > > > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > thanks

> > > > > > angel goel

> > > > > > ===================

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@

> > > > > > sohamsa

> > > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> > > > > >

> > > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > > Dear Souvik,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there

> > > > > are plenty though...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I follow these principles.

> > > > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and

> > there

> > > > > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa

> > > > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > > Sarajit

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> > > > > > Dear members,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had a question in my mind for long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling

> > along

> > > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > --

> > > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit Poddar

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit Poddar

>

>

dear sarajit,

At the outset, there was no single opinion on what constitutes a

Upapada; whether it is the arudha of 12th or 2nd is still a mystery.

Yet,now universally people are taking A12 as Upapada, though there are

suggestions to the contrary.

On the other hand, the sloka that has been given by you is much

misunderstood. Sage Parasara said

"

O Brahmin, all these effects be deduced from the natal Lagn, Lagn Pad,

the 7th from Upa Pad and the Lords thereof. So say Narada and others. "

Ie the health problems such as stout body, nasal problems etc etc that

have been told about the wife of the native are given above based on

UL2 but they can be foretold based on other houses also, such as

lagna, UL7 etc.

It DOES NOT mean that the above combinations given for UL2 should be

applied to UL7etc verbatim to obtain the identical results. In other

words, Sage Parasara is talking about only results and NOT The

combinations. If not, atleast 60% people should be getting only stout

bodied girls since, as per you, Budh/rahu in second from any of UL,

ascendant, AL, UL7, Lord of UL, L1, Lord of AL, Lord of UL7 should

produce a fatty nag for the native. Thank god, this is not true.

Hence, the combinations given for UL2 should not be applied to lagna ,

UL7 etc and if you apply, you would endup with bad predictions.

You would appreciate that similiar sloka is given for karakamsa and AL

also. Ie all the RESULTS that can be foretold using Karakamsa can be

foretold using AL also but it does not mean that the combinations of

Karakamsa are to be applied to AL to obtain similiar results.

I hope I am clear on the subject.

Kishore patnaik

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Kishore,

>

> I only said that we cannot interpret 7th from UL as same as UL (like the

> nature/ family of the spouse etc), the way we do for AL and A8 for the death

> matters. I am sending the file again in which, I have mentioned what are the

> effects from UL and different houses from it. 7th from UL can be intepreted

> in various ways. Some of them are as follows:

>

> 1. After mentioning about the health troubles of the spouse due to

> affliction of 2nd from UL, Maharishi Parashara says in BPHS:

> O Brahmin! All these effects can be deduced from the natal Lagna, Lagnapada,

> the 7th from Upapada and the Lords thereof. So say Narada and others. (BPHS

> 30.23).

>

> Comment:

> This is a very interesting verse, whereby Maharishi Parashara gives the clue

> on the universality of the mentioned principles. While the

> combinations indicate different health troubles to the spouse if they occur

> on the 2nd from Upapada; they shall indicate similar problems

> for the native while they occur from Lagna or Lagnapada or 7th from upapada.

>

> It is interesting to note that 7th from Upapada shows the native, since it

> is 7th from upapada, which shows the spouse.

>

> 2. Like malefics in the 7th from AL shows health troubles, malefics in the

> 7th from UL can show health troubles of the spouse.

>

> Note: I am sending you the file in a separate mail.

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

>

> On 10/7/06, kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09 wrote:

> >

> > dear sarajit,

> >

> > It is not true to say that 7th from UL has no effect.

> >

> > 7th from UL indicates the reason for negation of marriage-whether

> > delay, denial or breakage, or simply the bad relationship.

> >

> > 1. Sun in 7th from UL indicates that the egoistic or authoritative

> > nature of either partner will be the reason

> >

> > 2. Moon indicates the sensitiveness of the partner

> >

> > 3. Mars indicates undue tiffs or even litigation

> >

> > 4. Mercury indicates improper decisions

> >

> > 5.Jupiter in 7th from UL will not allow the marriage to break for a

> > very very lengthy time.- even for decades after the problems started

> >

> > 6. Venus indicates improper sexual relations to be the reason

> >

> > 7. saturn in such 7th delays or denies the marriage when there are

> > otherwise indications of breakage of marriage,especially if it is

> > indicated by Mars.

> >

> > In oher words, both Saturn and Jupiter in 7th from UL stop the

> > breakage of marriage in their own way. Jupiter gives a very early

> > marriage and prolongs the marriage for ages till it comes to an end

> > whereas Saturn stops or delays such a marriage- if there is no

> > marriage, there is no breakage! Hence, usually if such a marriage

> > takes place, usually there will not be breakage afterwards.

> >

> > 8. Rahu or Ketu in 7th from UL behave in a very different way. While

> > Ketu in 7th indicates often(but not always) the actual

> > seperation,either by death or litigation, Rahu actually indicates the

> > in laws to be the enemies of the marriage.

> >

> > Apart from theabove, the planets also indicate that relative who is

> > against the marriage, which can be read from the bhavadipatya of the

> > planet ( 4th-mother, 10th- mother in law, 3rd- father in law etc)

> >

> > The breakage of marriage can also be seen from the 2nd from UL.

> > However, it is not always very easy to predict from 2nd from UL,

> > since it mostly depends upon the transits and not on the chart per se.

> >

> > Btw, can you kindly send me the link to your aritlce on arudha?

> >

> > Hope this helps,

> >

> > Kishore patnaik

> >

> >

> > On 10/6/06, Sarajit Poddar

> <sarajit.poddar<sarajit.poddar%40gmail.com>>

> > wrote:

> > > Dear Sourav,

> > >

> > > About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered

> > 7th

> > > from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider

> > stronger of

> > > arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it

> > for

> > > certain other things such as:

> > >

> > > 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL

> > and

> > > not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.

> > > 2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th

> > from

> > > UL too.

> > > 3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider

> > 7th

> > > from AL.

> > >

> > > Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or

> > the

> > > 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from

> > A7.

> > >

> > > For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases

> > also

> > > we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there.

> > >

> > > There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same

> > > manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower.

> > >

> > > For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the

> > Arudhas,

> > > which can be referred.

> > >

> > > Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly

> > make

> > > out any time for contributing on Jyotish.

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit

> > >

> > >

> > > On 10/6/06, Sourav <souravc108 <souravc108%40>>

> > wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sarajit-ji,

> > > >

> > > > Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments

> > > > about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's

> > > role

> > > > in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that,

> > actually,

> > > > and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri

> > Siv

> > > > Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was

> > > > illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to

> > Sri

> > > > Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow

> > > related.

> > > > Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has

> > to be

> > > > strong and under malefic influences.

> > > >

> > > > I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that

> > either

> > > > the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is

> > > stronger

> > > > bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

> > > >

> > > > A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as

> > they

> > > > are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Sourav

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>, " Sarajit

> > Poddar " <sarajit.poddar

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > Dear Sourav,

> > > > >

> > > > > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see

> > matters

> > > > > related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to

> > marital

> > > > > relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,

> > > > > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.

> > > > > However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a

> > > > say, I

> > > > > consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc

> > are

> > > > good

> > > > > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For

> > > > example,

> > > > > if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd

> > receives

> > > > > aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in

> > the

> > > > 8th

> > > > > house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse

> > might

> > > > > suffer severe health troubles.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > Sarajit

> > > > >

> > > > > On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity

> > > > > > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on

> > the

> > > > > > situation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the

> > same

> > > > > > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e

> > .

> > > > the

> > > > > > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is

> > the

> > > > sexual

> > > > > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and

> > the

> > > > 11th

> > > > > > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such

> > > > fulfillment

> > > > > > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the

> > karaka

> > > > for

> > > > > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th,

> > > > notice

> > > > > > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the

> > > > partner of

> > > > > > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is

> > 3rd

> > > > lord

> > > > > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause.

> > > > Usually,

> > > > > > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners.

> > Debility

> > > > can

> > > > > > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not

> > from

> > > > high

> > > > > > status (relative to the native).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the

> > tendencies

> > > > > > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna

> > > > reduces the

> > > > > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the

> > SJC

> > > > > > Conferences.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best wishes,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sourav

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ================================================================

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>,

> > " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

> > > > > > > My personal observation.

> > > > > > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very

> > detrimental

> > > > in

> > > > > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars

> > and/or

> > > > > > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause

> > separation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Any views on this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>,

> > angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hi Sarajit ji

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only

> > in

> > > > > > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > thanks

> > > > > > > > angel goel

> > > > > > > > ===================

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@

> > > > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>

> > > > > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > > > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > > > > Dear Souvik,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this...,

> > there

> > > > > > > are plenty though...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I follow these principles.

> > > > > > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and

> > > > there

> > > > > > > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial

> > aspects.

> > > > > > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the

> > Navamsa

> > > > > > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > > > > Sarajit

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> > > > > > > > Dear members,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I had a question in my mind for long.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling

> > > > along

> > > > > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > --

> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > --

> > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit Poddar

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit Poddar

>

>

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Kishore,I agree with you over the points mentioned by you, that we cannot apply the combinations verbatim. My intention was to indicate that, I am not aversive of 7th from UL concept. I am just saying that 7th from UL cannot be used in the same way as UL itself. Thats why we do not see 2nd from " stronger of UL and 7th " for longevity of marriage. Hope this clarifies my stand.Best WishesSarajitOn 10/7/06, kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09

> wrote:

dear sarajit,

At the outset, there was no single opinion on what constitutes a

Upapada; whether it is the arudha of 12th or 2nd is still a mystery.

Yet,now universally people are taking A12 as Upapada, though there are

suggestions to the contrary.

On the other hand, the sloka that has been given by you is much

misunderstood. Sage Parasara said

"

O Brahmin, all these effects be deduced from the natal Lagn, Lagn Pad,

the 7th from Upa Pad and the Lords thereof. So say Narada and others. "

Ie the health problems such as stout body, nasal problems etc etc that

have been told about the wife of the native are given above based on

UL2 but they can be foretold based on other houses also, such as

lagna, UL7 etc.

It DOES NOT mean that the above combinations given for UL2 should be

applied to UL7etc verbatim to obtain the identical results. In other

words, Sage Parasara is talking about only results and NOT The

combinations. If not, atleast 60% people should be getting only stout

bodied girls since, as per you, Budh/rahu in second from any of UL,

ascendant, AL, UL7, Lord of UL, L1, Lord of AL, Lord of UL7 should

produce a fatty nag for the native. Thank god, this is not true.

Hence, the combinations given for UL2 should not be applied to lagna ,

UL7 etc and if you apply, you would endup with bad predictions.

You would appreciate that similiar sloka is given for karakamsa and AL

also. Ie all the RESULTS that can be foretold using Karakamsa can be

foretold using AL also but it does not mean that the combinations of

Karakamsa are to be applied to AL to obtain similiar results.

I hope I am clear on the subject.

Kishore patnaik

> || Jaya Jagannath ||

> Dear Kishore,

>

> I only said that we cannot interpret 7th from UL as same as UL (like the

> nature/ family of the spouse etc), the way we do for AL and A8 for the death

> matters. I am sending the file again in which, I have mentioned what are the

> effects from UL and different houses from it. 7th from UL can be intepreted

> in various ways. Some of them are as follows:

>

> 1. After mentioning about the health troubles of the spouse due to

> affliction of 2nd from UL, Maharishi Parashara says in BPHS:

> O Brahmin! All these effects can be deduced from the natal Lagna, Lagnapada,

> the 7th from Upapada and the Lords thereof. So say Narada and others. (BPHS

> 30.23).

>

> Comment:

> This is a very interesting verse, whereby Maharishi Parashara gives the clue

> on the universality of the mentioned principles. While the

> combinations indicate different health troubles to the spouse if they occur

> on the 2nd from Upapada; they shall indicate similar problems

> for the native while they occur from Lagna or Lagnapada or 7th from upapada.

>

> It is interesting to note that 7th from Upapada shows the native, since it

> is 7th from upapada, which shows the spouse.

>

> 2. Like malefics in the 7th from AL shows health troubles, malefics in the

> 7th from UL can show health troubles of the spouse.

>

> Note: I am sending you the file in a separate mail.

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

>

> On 10/7/06, kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09 wrote:

> >

> > dear sarajit,

> >

> > It is not true to say that 7th from UL has no effect.

> >

> > 7th from UL indicates the reason for negation of marriage-whether

> > delay, denial or breakage, or simply the bad relationship.

> >

> > 1. Sun in 7th from UL indicates that the egoistic or authoritative

> > nature of either partner will be the reason

> >

> > 2. Moon indicates the sensitiveness of the partner

> >

> > 3. Mars indicates undue tiffs or even litigation

> >

> > 4. Mercury indicates improper decisions

> >

> > 5.Jupiter in 7th from UL will not allow the marriage to break for a

> > very very lengthy time.- even for decades after the problems started

> >

> > 6. Venus indicates improper sexual relations to be the reason

> >

> > 7. saturn in such 7th delays or denies the marriage when there are

> > otherwise indications of breakage of marriage,especially if it is

> > indicated by Mars.

> >

> > In oher words, both Saturn and Jupiter in 7th from UL stop the

> > breakage of marriage in their own way. Jupiter gives a very early

> > marriage and prolongs the marriage for ages till it comes to an end

> > whereas Saturn stops or delays such a marriage- if there is no

> > marriage, there is no breakage! Hence, usually if such a marriage

> > takes place, usually there will not be breakage afterwards.

> >

> > 8. Rahu or Ketu in 7th from UL behave in a very different way. While

> > Ketu in 7th indicates often(but not always) the actual

> > seperation,either by death or litigation, Rahu actually indicates the

> > in laws to be the enemies of the marriage.

> >

> > Apart from theabove, the planets also indicate that relative who is

> > against the marriage, which can be read from the bhavadipatya of the

> > planet ( 4th-mother, 10th- mother in law, 3rd- father in law etc)

> >

> > The breakage of marriage can also be seen from the 2nd from UL.

> > However, it is not always very easy to predict from 2nd from UL,

> > since it mostly depends upon the transits and not on the chart per se.

> >

> > Btw, can you kindly send me the link to your aritlce on arudha?

> >

> > Hope this helps,

> >

> > Kishore patnaik

> >

> >

> > On 10/6/06, Sarajit Poddar

> <sarajit.poddar<sarajit.poddar%

40gmail.com>>

> > wrote:

> > > Dear Sourav,

> > >

> > > About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered

> > 7th

> > > from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider

> > stronger of

> > > arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it

> > for

> > > certain other things such as:

> > >

> > > 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL

> > and

> > > not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.

> > > 2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th

> > from

> > > UL too.

> > > 3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider

> > 7th

> > > from AL.

> > >

> > > Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or

> > the

> > > 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from

> > A7.

> > >

> > > For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases

> > also

> > > we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there.

> > >

> > > There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same

> > > manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower.

> > >

> > > For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the

> > Arudhas,

> > > which can be referred.

> > >

> > > Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly

> > make

> > > out any time for contributing on Jyotish.

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit

> > >

> > >

> > > On 10/6/06, Sourav <souravc108 <souravc108%

40>>

> > wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sarajit-ji,

> > > >

> > > > Pranaam. Yes I agree with your comments

> > > > about marital discord, lasting of marriage etc. from Rasi and spouse's

> > > role

> > > > in native's life from Navaamsa. However, I didn't touch on that,

> > actually,

> > > > and the comments are specifically on the sexuality aspect only. Sri

> > Siv

> > > > Pujan-ji's lecture in the 2003 West Coast Conference on that was

> > > > illuminating. Perhaps the specific point I discussed, in response to

> > Sri

> > > > Souvik-j, is tangent to the topic of marriage/divorce, but somehow

> > > related.

> > > > Yes, to 'break' marriage the marakas to the UL in the rasi chart has

> > to be

> > > > strong and under malefic influences.

> > > >

> > > > I have one question here. UL is an arudha and we are taught that

> > either

> > > > the Arudha or the 7th from it needs to be considered, whichever is

> > > stronger

> > > > bhava. So do we treat the same for UL also ?

> > > >

> > > > A point aside, I am very appreciative of your varahamihira blogs as

> > they

> > > > are very useful references. Thank you for providing us those.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Sourav

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40gro

ups.com>, " Sarajit

> > Poddar " <sarajit.poddar

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > Dear Sourav,

> > > > >

> > > > > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see

> > matters

> > > > > related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to

> > marital

> > > > > relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature,

> > > > > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.

> > > > > However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a

> > > > say, I

> > > > > consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc

> > are

> > > > good

> > > > > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For

> > > > example,

> > > > > if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd

> > receives

> > > > > aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in

> > the

> > > > 8th

> > > > > house in Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse

> > might

> > > > > suffer severe health troubles.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > Sarajit

> > > > >

> > > > > On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity

> > > > > > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on

> > the

> > > > > > situation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the

> > same

> > > > > > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e

> > .

> > > > the

> > > > > > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is

> > the

> > > > sexual

> > > > > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and

> > the

> > > > 11th

> > > > > > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such

> > > > fulfillment

> > > > > > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the

> > karaka

> > > > for

> > > > > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th,

> > > > notice

> > > > > > that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the

> > > > partner of

> > > > > > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is

> > 3rd

> > > > lord

> > > > > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause.

> > > > Usually,

> > > > > > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners.

> > Debility

> > > > can

> > > > > > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not

> > from

> > > > high

> > > > > > status (relative to the native).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the

> > tendencies

> > > > > > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna

> > > > reduces the

> > > > > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the

> > SJC

> > > > > > Conferences.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best wishes,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sourav

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ================================================================

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40gro

ups.com>,

> > " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,

> > > > > > > My personal observation.

> > > > > > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very

> > detrimental

> > > > in

> > > > > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars

> > and/or

> > > > > > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause

> > separation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Any views on this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40gro

ups.com>,

> > angel angelgoel@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hi Sarajit ji

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only

> > in

> > > > > > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > thanks

> > > > > > > > angel goel

> > > > > > > > ===================

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@

> > > > > > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40gro

ups.com>

> > > > > > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM

> > > > > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||

> > > > > > > > Dear Souvik,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this...,

> > there

> > > > > > > are plenty though...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I follow these principles.

> > > > > > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and

> > > > there

> > > > > > > are no beneficial aspects.

> > > > > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial

> > aspects.

> > > > > > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the

> > Navamsa

> > > > > > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sarajit

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:

> > > > > > > > Dear members,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I had a question in my mind for long.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling

> > > > along

> > > > > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Any views will be appreciated in this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Souvik

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > --

> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > --

> > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > > Sarajit Poddar

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > Best Wishes

> > > Sarajit Poddar

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit Poddar

>

>

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,I am happy to see so many questions you have posed. I am not sure, if I can satisfacority answer all of them. Let me try.On 10/8/06,

Sourav Chowdhury <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

|| Durga Smaranam ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranam. Thank you for your response and sending me the file. Your article is very detailed and comprehensive. I will write a few questions/points on your article which I just finished reading, but first permit me to write a thought on why 7th from AL (if stronger) is not seen as a reference for money etc.

7th being the Dwara of the AL (as also mentioned in your nice article) shows what is allowed to the AL. Hence if 7th is stronger that AL (by having more grahas etc) then it means that 7th should be seen to determine the ability (or disability) of the rise of Arudha lagna. AL always shows the tangible self and every other information of the self, surroundings, siblings etc. 7th from AL (especially when strong) will show the rise and fall of AL. For example, 7th house is like the ports of a country. The status of the country is seen from the AL but if the ports are shut down, then flow or wealth, medicines, raw materials etc will not come into the country and the country will deteriotate. Hence for health etc matters 7th house is important (if stronger).

Now I have been reading your article and collected a few points with reference to this article:

a. Page 2, left col., you mentioned that exalted/debilitated graha associating with 11th from AL gives a lot of wealth and friendly placement of such a graha gives average wealth, whereas inimical signs give below-average wealth. It is not understood why debilitated graha will give a lot of wealth and a graha in inimical sign is giving average wealth. Sanjay-ji mentioned that exalted graha shows wealth coming from people who give happily, debilitation shows wealth coming from people who feel forced to give. Why shouldn't we extend that to friendly and inimical signs ?

[sarajit] There is a specific dictum in JS " Tasmin Ucche Niche va Srimantah " , which indicate that both exalted and debilitated planet can make person Srimantah or blessed by Sri (Laxmi). Pt. Rath has explained the concept, which you have already mentioned in your comments.

b. Page 2, left col., you said we can use astakavarga w.r.t AL. However, you mentioned elsewhere in blog that if sum of rekhas in 6, 8 and 12th houses is greater than 9, 10 and 11 houses then the person will have more expenses than savings. So it AL is in the 10th house then this is not compatible with the above rule. So also, AL in the 3rd house, with 2nd house being 12th from AL. I think 11th house from AL shows income, 12-th shows expenses (and also further investments, being 2nd from 11th) and 2nd house shows savings. So it should be a relativity between 2nd and 12th and not between 11th and 12th from AL. Also, lots of rekhas in the 11th and 12-th houses indicate lots of wealth and expenses (

i.e. overall richness) even though one may be greater than the other.[sarajit] Astakavarga is one of the way of seeing the strength of houses. What Maharishi Parashara tries to say is that if the 11th from AL is stronger that 12th from AL, by having more planets there or aspect of them, then the gains will be un-interrupted. I have just extended to Astakavarga.

In this connection, let me recall another rule given in one of Sri C S Patel's book: if a house has lesser bindus that the 2nd from it, the said house prospers; if the house has more bindus from the next to it, the said house suffers -- this is from the principle of more 'food'. We should also note that graha in the 12-th from AL gives dhanaargala to the 11th house.

Please clarify and correct me in this matter. [sarajit] 12th is the maraka to the 11th house. Hence malefics in 12th can reduce the gains shown in the 12th substantially. Benefics in the 12th shows expenses in charity or controlled expenses. For that matter planets in the 2nd from Lagna have dhanargala...but aren't they serve as maraka in their periods?

c. Page 3 right col., BPHS 29.25: This shows that benefics in the 7th also indicates wealth or what is coming through the Dwara. Jupiter is the significator of wealth (2nd and 11th houses), Sukra owns the natural 2nd house and is significator of luxorious items, Chandra is istelf the kaaraka of AL and placement of Chandra in 1-7 from AL will show the tides affecting the AL positively.

[sarajit] Precisely. Well stated.

d. Page 3 right col., debilitated Malefics causes obstruction and debilitated benefics causes all sorts of bad things to enter through thw 'Dwara' i.e. has no strength to prevent. This is one of the reason why 7th house is called the maaraka. [sarajit] Good point.

e. Page 4 left col., You mentioned that debilitated graha (even benefic) in the 2nd from AL shows bad finances; what happens when this debilitated graha is aspecting the 11th from AL ? I think 2nd house is not only for finances but also to be seen for fame, scandals etc. For example, Rahu in the second from UL indicates breaking of marriage from scandals etc.

[sarajit] Yes, nice point. We can see the 2nd from AL for sustainance of the AL. I mentioned the points as given in BPHS and JS only. Thus malefics in the 2nd from AL can show health troubles... as indicated from 2nd from UL for the spouse. It is seen that 2nd from AL having afflicted Mercury can make a peson suffer with weight problems.

f. Page 4 left col., you mentioned benefics in the 2nd from AL brings wealth; Narasimha-ji also taught to include Surya in this list as Surya is giver of resources.[sarajit] I am skeptical with this.

g. Page 5 right col., you mentioned that malefics in the 9th from AL will cause bad finances and social status. I have previously learned that any graha (including malefics) in the 9th from AL will protect (9th house) the UL through its means.

[sarajit] Yes, Jaimini Sutras say that even a upagraha in the 9th from AL can make a person wealthy. What I can say is that, that rule mentioned is a general rule and 9th is an exception. In addition, malefics in the 9th from AL can show finances, however after struggles.

h. Page 5 left col., why does Vahana yoga include Chandra? Because Chandra is sukha-kaaraka ?[sarajit] Vahana is a comfort ruled by Jala Tattva and Moon and Venus both can indicate Vahana. Anyway, mother becomes the vahana for the child for 9 months before birth as she carries the child during that time.

i. Page 5 right col., in the weightage of various grahas in the said houses, the 7th, 11th and 12th houses are not included; further, the status of the grahas and rasi aspects to these houses are also left outside.

[sarajit] I have just illustrated the examples based on Pt. Rath's suggestion. As you say, this can be further enhanced based on dignity and aspects. However for them, the weightage need to be properly worked out. This is what Pt. Rath says:* * * * * * * The planets have the following numerical values: Sun (1) Moon (1 or3 depending on its pakashabala i.e. from sukla ekadasi to krsnapanchami 3 points); Mars (1); Mercury (1); Jupiter (3); Venus (2);

Saturn (2); Rahu (3); Ketu (2);Add the numerical values of the benefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9thhouses and malefics in 3rd & 6th and subtract the values of thebenefics in 3rd & 6th and malefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th houses.

j. Page 7, left col. For Rule 1.3.44, why Gaunapada is of concern ? Why will kaaraka of sights (Surya) aspecting Sukra cause blindness ? Shouldn't it try to save the situation instead ?

[sarajit] Note that Gaunapada or Upapada is the arudha of the house of losses too.

k. Page 7, right col., you mentioned that Guru is kaaraka of UL and Sukra of A7. Why is Guru Kaaraka of UL, because of dharma and children ?

[sarajit] Yes.

l. Page 9, left col. (table), you mentined Sani and Rahu in the 2nd from UL will disrupt digestion especially in Pisces. If so then Sani and Rahu will rule UL and still damage it ? Also you mentioned Guru as kaaraka for digestion, I believe its Surya (agni). Please clarify.

[sarajit] Yes, even if they rule UL they will cause the problem. You need to be cautious over malefic rulership of something. It is said that Malefics being the ruler of 5th can cause troubles to the native due to bad mantras, even if it happens to be the lord of 5th (this is just an example). Jupiter is the karaka for digestion and not surya and the whole digestive system is governed by Jupiter. Surya (agni) helps Jupiter in digestion. Digestion is different from Burning. It is getting the fruit out of a churning process... the fruit could be energy, which we get after digestion; the knowledge which we get after introspection; the children we get after co-habilitation or whatever it it.

m. Same, you mentioned that Sukra rules blood immune system. Isn't Chandra the kaaraka of blood ? [sarajit] Blood in general is ruled by Moon, since Moon is the jala Tattva. However, there are three main components ruled by three different planets. The RBCs are ruled by Mars, Immune system (WBCs) are ruled by Venus and Blood plasma (the carrier of the blood cells) is ruled by Moon.

Due to Venus's rulership over immune system, Diamond is suggested for Cancer patients to increase they immune system. Venus has the power of Mrityunjaya.. which protect against all evils... like the immunce system fights against all antigens.

n. Same, For Guru-Sani, you mentioned Sani as ruler of nervous system. I think it is Mangal who rules nerves. Here we should note that Guru gets debilitated in presence of Sani (Sani rules the debility rasi of Guru) and hence the Aakasa tattva is vitiated.

[sarajit] Read what Maharishi Parashara says on this topic in Chapter 3.असà¥à¤¥à¤¿ रकà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾ मजà¥à¤œà¤¾ तà¥à¤µà¤—à¥â€Œ वसा वीरà¥à¤¯à¤®à¥‡à¤µ च।सà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¥à¤°à¥‡à¤·à¤¾à¤®à¤§à¥€à¤¶à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š कà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥â€Œ सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ दà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤œà¥¥ ३१॥asthi raktastathÄ majjÄ tvag vasÄ vÄ«ryameva ca |

snÄyureá¹£ÄmadhÄ«Å›ÄÅ›ca kramÄt sÅ«ryÄdayo dvija || 31||Asthi (Bones) - SunRakta (Blood) - MoonMajja (Bone Marrow) - MarsTvak (Skin) - MercuryVasa (fats) - JupiterVirya (Semen) - VenusSnayu (Nerves) This is interpreted by some as muscles. - Saturn

o. Why would Mangal and Budha cause dental troubles ? Teeth and bones are ruled by Surya.[sarajit] I have vague explanation on this. Possibly becuase teeth is ruled by 2nd house and Mercury and Mars are maraka for the 2nd in the natural zodiac. Can I have explanation from other learned members of this forum?

p. Page 9 right col., you mentioned that 7th from UL shows native. But native is already shown by AL and Lagna ! It is similar to saying that 7th from A4 will show father or 7th from A9 will show mother. I think this sutra says 7th from is maaraka to UL hence shows those afflicting conditions just like 2nd from UL.

[sarajit] You are right. Like malefic in the 7th from AL shows trouble to the native, 7th from UL can show trouble to the spouse. However, in the following slokas, it is clear that from the 7th lord from UL, things about the native can be found too.

* * * * * *Rahu in the second from the Lord of the seventh sign fromUpapada shows the native will have grotesque dentition. Ketu in thesecond from 7th Lord from upapada (replacing Rahu in thispreceding stanza) causes the native to stammer. Saturn in the

second from the seventh lord from upapada gives an uglyappearence. (JS 1.4.39-1.4.41) * * * * * *

q. Page 10, left col., I think there is a typo as there is mismatch between the stated sutra and your explanation. The sutra states Simha in UL, whereas you are taking Simha as 9th from UL.

If Simha is UL then 9th is Mesha (odd rasi) ruled by male graha Mangal; If Kanya is UL the 9th is Vrisabha (even rasi) ruled by female graha Sukra. So both sign and lords are either male or female. Now, Chandra himself is predisposed to female issues and hence with strong male influence in the 9th, gives lesser issues and with strong female influence in the 9th from UL, gives many female offsprings. We should note that Chandra is kaaraka of 'human' offsprings. That is why in Human charts, we rectify Navamsa by taking PP in trines or 7th from Chandra.

If instead of Chandra, Guru was giving drishti then more male issues can be expected in the first case and lesser female issues in the 2nd case.[sarajit] Yes. you are right. There is a typo in the explanation.

r. Page 10, right col., Why does Sukra in the 3, 11from AL destroy siblings? I heard that Sukra causes premature birth.[sarajit] There is one more side to Venus. Venus rules semen and there are millions of semens compete with each other to fertilise an egg. Thus it also represent the nature of competition, which cannot stand with anyone in the same padestal but want to be alone, superior than others. This is what Pt. Rath says in COVA:* * * * * *Co-borns are seen from the third house (younger) and eleventh house

(elder) from lagna and Arudha lagna. These houses from lagna determines their

physical presence (body) while from the Arudha lagna their numbers, ruling

stars etc. are known. Malefics in strength in the third house from lagna

destroys younger co-borns while weak malefics gives them physical strength. For

example, Mars in the third generally denies younger co-borns, but if Mars is in

Cancer a very strong younger brother is born. Saturn in the 3rd/11th

from Arudha Lagna is detrimen­tal to younger/elder co-born and in conjunction/

asso­ciation with Rahu, it causes death. Venus rules the sperm through which

the native attains the birth, hence the name 'Sukra'. Since for conception various spermatozoa, each 'carrying a

different soul put up an intense competition to fertilize the ovum, the sperma­tozoa

that succeeds is the soul carrier of the native represented by Venus. Thus

Venus indicates the 'selfish' nature of all animals (and specifically of the

native himself in the chart) and will tend to eliminate all competition with

whom the native has to share the blessings of this world. Hence a Venus in the

eighth will indicate a premature delivery / still born child before the native

birth. Similarly Venus conjoining / aspecting the third/ eleventh will tend to

eliminate younger/ elder co-barns respectively. [The count from Arudha lagna for third & eleventh houses should be

zodiacal or reverse depending on whether the sign is odd or even re­spectively.]

The number of younger/elder co borns is the numbers of planets conjoining/

aspecting the lord of the third/ eleventh house respectively. The Rasi dristi

of planets be considered for this purpose.

s. Page 11, left col., Why lord of 2nd from UL in the Dhanabhava with a malefic make native a thief ?[sarajit] I do not have a better explanation that what I mentioned in the article. Malefics in the 8th house or lagna lord's affliction in the 8th house gives thieving nature. Since 7th from UL also represent the native, lord of 8th therefrom if afflicted in the 2nd house.. can show such nature too.

t. Page 12, left col., Point 6 is not correct. If Rahu is in 5th house, Ketu is in 11th house. Then how does 11th house contain A5. Arudha of a house cannot be 7th from it. [sarajit] That is an OR condition and not AND condition.

Sanjay-ji also mentioned another interesting concept. He said that if Surya is in the 12-th from AL, then after the death of father, the native starts to rise in life. If it is Chandra then after death of mother.

[sarajit] Hmm.. nice point. If there are no source of expenditure/ opposition, the income with rise :-)

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. You have given a lot of classical reference. However it will take time to decode the reason behind each of them

[sarajit] I appreciate your effort in generating so many questions.

Thank you once again for the Pdf file.[sarajit] You are welcome.Best WishesSarajit

Best wishes,

Sourav

Sarajit Poddar <

sarajit.poddar

sohamsa Cc: souravc108Sent: Friday, October 6, 2006 9:49:58 PM

Re: Re: Divorce: The emperical rule|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered 7th from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider stronger of arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it for certain other things such as: 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL and not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th from UL too.3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not

consider 7th from AL. Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or the 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from A7.For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases also we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there. There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower. For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the Arudhas, which can be referred. Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly make out any time for contributing on Jyotish.Best WishesSarajit

On 10/6/06, Sourav <

souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Best wishes,

Sourav

sohamsa

, " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Sourav,> > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters> related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital

> relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature, > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.> However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a say, I

> consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are good > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For example,> if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives

> aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the 8th > house in

Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might> suffer severe health troubles.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit>

> On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> >> > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,> >

> > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity> > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the > > situation.> >> > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same

> > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the> > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th

> > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment> > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice

> >

that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of> > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually,

> > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can> > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high > > status (relative to the native).

> >> > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies> > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs.

> >> > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC> > Conferences.> >> > Best wishes,> > > > Sourav> >> >

================================================================> >> >> >

sohamsa , " Souvik Dutta " explore_vulcan@ wrote:> > >> > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> > > My personal observation.> > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or> > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.> > >> > > Any views on this. > > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > >

sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote: > > > >> > > > Hi

Sarajit ji> > > >> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in> > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart. > > > >> > > > thanks

> > > > angel goel> > > > ===================> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> > > > sohamsa

> > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > >> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > > > Dear Souvik,

> > > >> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there

> > > are plenty though...> > > >> > > > I follow these principles.> > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there> > > are no beneficial aspects. > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) . > > > >> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit> > > >> > > >> > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@

> wrote:> > > > Dear members,> > > >> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > >> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but

still pulling along > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > > >> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > >> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this. > > > >> > > > Thanks> > > >> > > > Souvik> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > --> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit Poddar> > > >> > >> >> > > >> > > > --

> Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

-- Best Wishes

Sarajit Poddar

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranaam. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to learn and clear up the concepts. In conclusion, I have a few comments which I will tabulate below in blue.

Thanks again for the discussion.

Best wishes,

Sourav

Sarajit Poddar <sarajit.poddarSourav Chowdhury <souravc108; sohamsa Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2006 4:59:53 AMRe: Re: Divorce: The emperical rule|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,I am happy to see so many questions you have posed. I am not sure, if I can satisfacority answer all of them. Let me try.

On 10/8/06, Sourav Chowdhury <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

|| Durga Smaranam ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranam. Thank you for your response and sending me the file. Your article is very detailed and comprehensive. I will write a few questions/points on your article which I just finished reading, but first permit me to write a thought on why 7th from AL (if stronger) is not seen as a reference for money etc.

7th being the Dwara of the AL (as also mentioned in your nice article) shows what is allowed to the AL. Hence if 7th is stronger that AL (by having more grahas etc) then it means that 7th should be seen to determine the ability (or disability) of the rise of Arudha lagna. AL always shows the tangible self and every other information of the self, surroundings, siblings etc. 7th from AL (especially when strong) will show the rise and fall of AL. For example, 7th house is like the ports of a country. The status of the country is seen from the AL but if the ports are shut down, then flow or wealth, medicines, raw materials etc will not come into the country and the country will deteriotate. Hence for health etc matters 7th house is important (if stronger).

Now I have been reading your article and collected a few points with reference to this article:

a. Page 2, left col., you mentioned that exalted/debilitated graha associating with 11th from AL gives a lot of wealth and friendly placement of such a graha gives average wealth, whereas inimical signs give below-average wealth. It is not understood why debilitated graha will give a lot of wealth and a graha in inimical sign is giving average wealth. Sanjay-ji mentioned that exalted graha shows wealth coming from people who give happily, debilitation shows wealth coming from people who feel forced to give. Why shouldn't we extend that to friendly and inimical signs ?

[sarajit] There is a specific dictum in JS "Tasmin Ucche Niche va Srimantah", which indicate that both exalted and debilitated planet can make person Srimantah or blessed by Sri (Laxmi). Pt. Rath has explained the concept, which you have already mentioned in your comments.

[sourav]: Yes, I understand the sutra. My difficulty is why we take the two ends of the spectrum (exalted and debilitated) for best results and not the intermediate levels in the spectrum.

b. Page 2, left col., you said we can use astakavarga w.r.t AL. However, you mentioned elsewhere in blog that if sum of rekhas in 6, 8 and 12th houses is greater than 9, 10 and 11 houses then the person will have more expenses than savings. So it AL is in the 10th house then this is not compatible with the above rule. So also, AL in the 3rd house, with 2nd house being 12th from AL. I think 11th house from AL shows income, 12-th shows expenses (and also further investments, being 2nd from 11th) and 2nd house shows savings. So it should be a relativity between 2nd and 12th and not between 11th and 12th from AL. Also, lots of rekhas in the 11th and 12-th houses indicate lots of wealth and expenses ( i.e. overall richness) even though one may be greater than the other.

[sarajit] Astakavarga is one of the way of seeing the strength of houses. What Maharishi Parashara tries to say is that if the 11th from AL is stronger that 12th from AL, by having more planets there or aspect of them, then the gains will be un-interrupted. I have just extended to Astakavarga.

In this connection, let me recall another rule given in one of Sri C S Patel's book: if a house has lesser bindus that the 2nd from it, the said house prospers; if the house has more bindus from the next to it, the said house suffers -- this is from the principle of more 'food'. We should also note that graha in the 12-th from AL gives dhanaargala to the 11th house.

Please clarify and correct me in this matter.

[sarajit] 12th is the maraka to the 11th house. Hence malefics in 12th can reduce the gains shown in the 12th substantially. Benefics in the 12th shows expenses in charity or controlled expenses. For that matter planets in the 2nd from Lagna have dhanargala...but aren't they serve as maraka in their periods?

c. Page 3 right col., BPHS 29.25: This shows that benefics in the 7th also indicates wealth or what is coming through the Dwara. Jupiter is the significator of wealth (2nd and 11th houses), Sukra owns the natural 2nd house and is significator of luxorious items, Chandra is istelf the kaaraka of AL and placement of Chandra in 1-7 from AL will show the tides affecting the AL positively.

d. Page 3 right col., debilitated Malefics causes obstruction and debilitated benefics causes all sorts of bad things to enter through thw 'Dwara' i.e. has no strength to prevent. This is one of the reason why 7th house is called the maaraka.

[sarajit] Good point.

e. Page 4 left col., You mentioned that debilitated graha (even benefic) in the 2nd from AL shows bad finances; what happens when this debilitated graha is aspecting the 11th from AL ? I think 2nd house is not only for finances but also to be seen for fame, scandals etc. For example, Rahu in the second from UL indicates breaking of marriage from scandals etc.

[sarajit] Yes, nice point. We can see the 2nd from AL for sustainance of the AL. I mentioned the points as given in BPHS and JS only. Thus malefics in the 2nd from AL can show health troubles... as indicated from 2nd from UL for the spouse. It is seen that 2nd from AL having afflicted Mercury can make a peson suffer with weight problems.

f. Page 4 left col., you mentioned benefics in the 2nd from AL brings wealth; Narasimha-ji also taught to include Surya in this list as Surya is giver of resources.

[sarajit] I am skeptical with this.

[sourav]: Actually, there is a point too. If Surya is in the 2nd from AL, AL will be in the 12-th from Surya and Surya will not support it being its Maaranakaarakasthaana from itself.

g. Page 5 right col., you mentioned that malefics in the 9th from AL will cause bad finances and social status. I have previously learned that any graha (including malefics) in the 9th from AL will protect (9th house) the UL through its means.

[sarajit] Yes, Jaimini Sutras say that even a upagraha in the 9th from AL can make a person wealthy. What I can say is that, that rule mentioned is a general rule and 9th is an exception. In addition, malefics in the 9th from AL can show finances, however after struggles.

h. Page 5 left col., why does Vahana yoga include Chandra? Because Chandra is sukha-kaaraka ?

[sarajit] Vahana is a comfort ruled by Jala Tattva and Moon and Venus both can indicate Vahana. Anyway, mother becomes the vahana for the child for 9 months before birth as she carries the child during that time.

[sourav]: Thank you. This is a new way of seeing. Noticeably (a) Both Chandra and Sukra get digvala in the 4th (b) Chandra is kaaraka of the 4th and Sukra is kaaraka of the 7th (which is 4th from the 4th house) and also kaaraka of Vehicles. Chandra-Sukra yoga in the 4th is also said to give palatial buildings and rich living.

i. Page 5 right col., in the weightage of various grahas in the said houses, the 7th, 11th and 12th houses are not included; further, the status of the grahas and rasi aspects to these houses are also left outside.

[sarajit] I have just illustrated the examples based on Pt. Rath's suggestion. As you say, this can be further enhanced based on dignity and aspects. However for them, the weightage need to be properly worked out. This is what Pt. Rath says:* * * * * * *The planets have the following numerical values: Sun (1) Moon (1 or3 depending on its pakashabala i.e. from sukla ekadasi to krsnapanchami 3 points); Mars (1); Mercury (1); Jupiter (3); Venus (2); Saturn (2); Rahu (3); Ketu (2);Add the numerical values of the benefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9thhouses and malefics in 3rd & 6th and subtract the values of thebenefics in 3rd & 6th and malefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th houses. * * * * * * *

j. Page 7, left col. For Rule 1.3.44, why Gaunapada is of concern ? Why will kaaraka of sights (Surya) aspecting Sukra cause blindness ? Shouldn't it try to save the situation instead ?

[sarajit] Note that Gaunapada or Upapada is the arudha of the house of losses too.

[sourav]: Yes, that is what I had in my mind when I was asking this question. UL shows compromises in life being the arudha of the 12-th house. Narasimha-ji sometimes invokes this principle.

k. Page 7, right col., you mentioned that Guru is kaaraka of UL and Sukra of A7. Why is Guru Kaaraka of UL, because of dharma and children ?

[sarajit] Yes.

l. Page 9, left col. (table), you mentined Sani and Rahu in the 2nd from UL will disrupt digestion especially in Pisces. If so then Sani and Rahu will rule UL and still damage it ? Also you mentioned Guru as kaaraka for digestion, I believe its Surya (agni). Please clarify.

[sarajit] Yes, even if they rule UL they will cause the problem. You need to be cautious over malefic rulership of something. It is said that Malefics being the ruler of 5th can cause troubles to the native due to bad mantras, even if it happens to be the lord of 5th (this is just an example). Jupiter is the karaka for digestion and not surya and the whole digestive system is governed by Jupiter. Surya (agni) helps Jupiter in digestion. Digestion is different from Burning. It is getting the fruit out of a churning process... the fruit could be energy, which we get after digestion; the knowledge which we get after introspection; the children we get after co-habilitation or whatever it it.

m. Same, you mentioned that Sukra rules blood immune system. Isn't Chandra the kaaraka of blood ?

[sarajit] Blood in general is ruled by Moon, since Moon is the jala Tattva. However, there are three main components ruled by three different planets. The RBCs are ruled by Mars, Immune system (WBCs) are ruled by Venus and Blood plasma (the carrier of the blood cells) is ruled by Moon. Due to Venus's rulership over immune system, Diamond is suggested for Cancer patients to increase they immune system. Venus has the power of Mrityunjaya.. which protect against all evils... like the immunce system fights against all antigens. [sourav]: Thank you for delineating the details.

n. Same, For Guru-Sani, you mentioned Sani as ruler of nervous system. I think it is Mangal who rules nerves. Here we should note that Guru gets debilitated in presence of Sani (Sani rules the debility rasi of Guru) and hence the Aakasa tattva is vitiated.

[sarajit] Read what Maharishi Parashara says on this topic in Chapter 3.असà¥à¤¥à¤¿ रकà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾ मजà¥à¤œà¤¾ तà¥à¤µà¤—à¥â€Œ वसा वीरà¥à¤¯à¤®à¥‡à¤µ च।सà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¥à¤°à¥‡à¤·à¤¾à¤®à¤§à¥€à¤¶à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š कà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥â€Œ सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ दà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤œà¥¥ ३१॥asthi raktastathÄ majjÄ tvag vasÄ vÄ«ryameva ca | snÄyureá¹£ÄmadhÄ«Å›ÄÅ›ca kramÄt sÅ«ryÄdayo dvija || 31||Asthi (Bones) - SunRakta (Blood) - MoonMajja (Bone Marrow) - MarsTvak (Skin) - MercuryVasa (fats) - JupiterVirya (Semen) - VenusSnayu (Nerves) This is interpreted by some as muscles. - Saturn

[sourav]: Actually I am fully aware of this controversy. In one of the recent AtriSJC lectures (available in posted audio), Sanjay-ji and Sarbani -ji were discussing this issue and they stated it thus: Sani indicates labour class and hence rules muscles which is used in toil. Mangal indicates warrior class and hence courage and courage is about strength of nerves; hence Mangal rules nerves, and this indicates Majja dhatu. If Sani were to rule nerves, then the labourer class will rule and protect the society.

This is the reason I was asking about the point.

o. Why would Mangal and Budha cause dental troubles ? Teeth and bones are ruled by Surya.

[sarajit] I have vague explanation on this. Possibly becuase teeth is ruled by 2nd house and Mercury and Mars are maraka for the 2nd in the natural zodiac. Can I have explanation from other learned members of this forum?

p. Page 9 right col., you mentioned that 7th from UL shows native. But native is already shown by AL and Lagna ! It is similar to saying that 7th from A4 will show father or 7th from A9 will show mother. I think this sutra says 7th from is maaraka to UL hence shows those afflicting conditions just like 2nd from UL.

[sarajit] You are right. Like malefic in the 7th from AL shows trouble to the native, 7th from UL can show trouble to the spouse. However, in the following slokas, it is clear that from the 7th lord from UL, things about the native can be found too. * * * * * *Rahu in the second from the Lord of the seventh sign fromUpapada shows the native will have grotesque dentition. Ketu in thesecond from 7th Lord from upapada (replacing Rahu in thispreceding stanza) causes the native to stammer. Saturn in the second from the seventh lord from upapada gives an uglyappearence. (JS 1.4.39-1.4.41)

q. Page 10, left col., I think there is a typo as there is mismatch between the stated sutra and your explanation. The sutra states Simha in UL, whereas you are taking Simha as 9th from UL.

If Simha is UL then 9th is Mesha (odd rasi) ruled by male graha Mangal; If Kanya is UL the 9th is Vrisabha (even rasi) ruled by female graha Sukra. So both sign and lords are either male or female. Now, Chandra himself is predisposed to female issues and hence with strong male influence in the 9th, gives lesser issues and with strong female influence in the 9th from UL, gives many female offsprings. We should note that Chandra is kaaraka of 'human' offsprings. That is why in Human charts, we rectify Navamsa by taking PP in trines or 7th from Chandra.

If instead of Chandra, Guru was giving drishti then more male issues can be expected in the first case and lesser female issues in the 2nd case.

[sarajit] Yes. you are right. There is a typo in the explanation.

r. Page 10, right col., Why does Sukra in the 3, 11from AL destroy siblings? I heard that Sukra causes premature birth.

[sarajit] There is one more side to Venus. Venus rules semen and there are millions of semens compete with each other to fertilise an egg. Thus it also represent the nature of competition, which cannot stand with anyone in the same padestal but want to be alone, superior than others. This is what Pt. Rath says in COVA:* * * * * *Co-borns are seen from the third house (younger) and eleventh house (elder) from lagna and Arudha lagna. These houses from lagna determines their physical presence (body) while from the Arudha lagna their numbers, ruling stars etc. are known. Malefics in strength in the third house from lagna destroys younger co-borns while weak malefics gives them physical strength. For example, Mars in the third generally denies younger co-borns, but if Mars is in Cancer a very strong younger brother is born. Saturn in the 3rd/11th from Arudha Lagna is detrimen­tal to

younger/elder co-born and in conjunction/ asso­ciation with Rahu, it causes death. Venus rules the sperm through which the native attains the birth, hence the name 'Sukra'. Since for conception various spermatozoa, each 'carrying a different soul put up an intense competition to fertilize the ovum, the sperma­tozoa that succeeds is the soul carrier of the native represented by Venus. Thus Venus indicates the 'selfish' nature of all animals (and specifically of the native himself in the chart) and will tend to eliminate all competition with whom the native has to share the blessings of this world. Hence a Venus in the eighth will indicate a premature delivery / still born child before the native birth. Similarly Venus conjoining / aspecting the third/ eleventh will tend to eliminate younger/ elder co-barns respectively. [The count from Arudha lagna for third & eleventh houses should be zodiacal or reverse depending on whether the sign is odd or even

re­spectively.] The number of younger/elder co borns is the numbers of planets conjoining/ aspecting the lord of the third/ eleventh house respectively. The Rasi dristi of planets be considered for this purpose. * * * * * *

[sourav]: Yes, I remember I read this in COVA. Thank you for reminding. One question about counting system from AL: If the oddity of AL rasi determines the direction of count, the shouldn't this be applicable for all other purposes ? I noticed that oddity of lagna is taken for some vargas (D-3, D7) but not for some other vargas. Can you please de-mistify the concept?

s. Page 11, left col., Why lord of 2nd from UL in the Dhanabhava with a malefic make native a thief ?

[sarajit] I do not have a better explanation that what I mentioned in the article. Malefics in the 8th house or lagna lord's affliction in the 8th house gives thieving nature. Since 7th from UL also represent the native, lord of 8th therefrom if afflicted in the 2nd house.. can show such nature too.

[sourav]: I have a tentative explanation formed in my mind, I would like to share: UL shows compromises and giving (donations etc). 2nd lord from UL is maaraka to UL and if this lord is in the 2nd house from Lagna (which shows natives own accumulated wealth) with a malefic shows a wicked nature -- i.e. instead of giving (UL) the native starts to accumulate (own 2nd house) for selfish reasons (malefic influence). So thief, but not ordinary kind.

t. Page 12, left col., Point 6 is not correct. If Rahu is in 5th house, Ketu is in 11th house. Then how does 11th house contain A5. Arudha of a house cannot be 7th from it.

[sarajit] That is an OR condition and not AND condition.

Sanjay-ji also mentioned another interesting concept. He said that if Surya is in the 12-th from AL, then after the death of father, the native starts to rise in life. If it is Chandra then after death of mother.

[sarajit] Hmm.. nice point. If there are no source of expenditure/ opposition, the income with rise :-)

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. You have given a lot of classical reference. However it will take time to decode the reason behind each of them

[sarajit] I appreciate your effort in generating so many questions.

Thank you once again for the Pdf file.

[sarajit] You are welcome.Best WishesSarajit

Best wishes,

Sourav

Sarajit Poddar < sarajit.poddarsohamsa Cc: souravc108Sent: Friday, October 6, 2006 9:49:58 PM Re: Re: Divorce: The emperical rule|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,About the UL, very nice point. Frankly speaking, I have never considered 7th from UL to have any implication on marriage. Even if we consider stronger of arudhas for various other things. We can take note that we do not do it for certain other things such

as: 1. Financial gains and losses are only seen from 11th and 12th from AL and not from 11th/ 12th from 7th from AL.2. Children can be seen from 9th from UL, here we do not consider 7th from UL too.3. 3rd and 11th from AL can show siblings, here also we do not consider 7th from AL. Among few places we consider, we see death from 3rd and 8th from AL or the 7th .., whichever is stronger. Another view is to see 3rd and 7th from A7.For timing death transit of Sun in trine to A8 is seen. In such cases also we consider 7th from A8 and see Sun's transit from there. There could be other cases where we see the 7th from Arudha in the same manner we see Arudha. However such instances would be much lower. For the benefit of the members, I am posting an Article here on the Arudhas, which can be referred. Thanks for your appreciation on the blog-spot. Now a days I can hardly make out any time for contributing on

Jyotish.Best WishesSarajit

On 10/6/06, Sourav < souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Best wishes,

Sourav

sohamsa , "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Sourav,> > Good explanation on the kama trikona. However, I chose to see matters> related to the spouse from the Navamsa chart, when it comes to marital > relationships. Things like Spouse's role in native's life, nature, > profession, siblings etc. can be seen very well from Navamsa chart.> However, when it comes to the sustainance, even though Navamsa has a say, I > consider Rasi Chart to be more important. If placements/ yogas etc are good > in the Rasi, then blemishes in the Navamsa can be over ridden. For example,> if 2nd lord from UL in the rasi chart is fortified and the 2nd receives > aspects/ conjoined with benefics, even if there are dire malefics in the 8th > house in

Navamsa, the marriage will not break. However, the spouse might> suffer severe health troubles.> > Best Wishes> Sarajit>

> On 10/4/06, Sourav souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> >> > Dear Sri Souvik-ji,> > > > namaskar. Reserving the opportunity> > to be educated by Learned Gurus, kindly permit me to comment on the > > situation.> >> > In Navamsa, sexuality, desire for the same and fulfillment of the same > > should be seen from the 7th, 3rd and 11th houses respectively (i.e. the> > kaama trikona). 3rd house is the origin of desire, 7th house is the sexual > > act (and also indicates the sexual preference of the native), and the 11th > > house indicated the fulfillment and the persons from who such fulfillment> > can come. Sukra is karaka for the sexual act and Mangal is the karaka for > > the energy (Male). In case of Sukra being in debility in the 11th, notice >

> that Sukra rules 7th house. Thus this is dissatisfaction of the partner of> > the native. In case of Mangal in debility, notice that Mangal is 3rd lord > > and hence indicates lack of desire of the native being the cause. Usually, > > planets in the 7th and trines indicate the people/partners. Debility can> > also show partners coming from poorer section of society or not from high > > status (relative to the native).> >> > Ketu aspecting (rasi drishti) the 11th greatly reduces the tendencies> > towards excess. Ketu aspecting the 2nd house from Navamsa lagna reduces the > > tendencies towards extramarital affairs. > >> > I refer you to the Navamsa and Sexuality - a lecture in one of the SJC> > Conferences.> >> > Best wishes,> > > > Sourav> >> >

================================================================> >> >> > sohamsa , "Souvik Dutta" explore_vulcan@ wrote:> > >> > > Sarajit da, Goelji and other members,> > > My personal observation.> > > A debilitated plabet in the 11th. House in D-9 is very detrimental in > > > continuity of marriage and if the planet concerned is Mars and/or> > > Venus sexual dissatisfaction with the partner can cause separation.> > >> > > Any views on this. > > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Souvik> > >> > > sohamsa , angel angelgoel@ wrote: >

> > >> > > > Hi Sarajit ji> > > >> > > > All the Rules *specially regarding UL* are to be analysed only in> > > rasi (D-1) or also in Navmasa ( D-9) chart. > > > >> > > > thanks > > > > angel goel> > > > ===================> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar@> > > > sohamsa

> > > > Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:48:43 AM > > > > Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> > > >> > > > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > > > Dear Souvik, > > > >> > > > If somebody submits some cases, then we can work on this..., there > > > are plenty though...> > > >> > > > I follow these principles.> > > > 1. 2nd from UL / 2nd long from UL.. weak and/or afflicted and there> > > are no beneficial aspects. > > > > 2. 8th from Lagna afflicted and there are no beneficial aspects.> > > > 3. Venus the karaka for marriage is badly placed in the Navamsa> > > (primarily) and / or in Rasi (secondarily) . > > > >> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit>

> > >> > > >> > > > On 9/26/06, Souvik Dutta <explore_vulcan@ > wrote:> > > > Dear members,> > > >> > > > I had a question in my mind for long.> > > >> > > > I have seen many couples mentally separated but still pulling along > > > > the marriage for many diverse reasons.> > > >> > > > What exactly in a chart indicates the legal separation?> > > >> > > > Any views will be appreciated in this. > > > >> > > > Thanks> > > >> > > > Souvik> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > --> > > > Best Wishes> > > > Sarajit

Poddar> > > >> > >> >> > > >> > > > -- > Best Wishes> Sarajit Poddar>

-- Best Wishes Sarajit Poddar-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,See my response below in CAPS:On 10/8/06, Sourav Chowdhury <souravc108

> wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranaam. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to learn and clear up the concepts. In conclusion, I have a few comments which I will tabulate below in blue.

Thanks again for the discussion.

Best wishes,

Sourav

Sarajit Poddar <

sarajit.poddarSourav Chowdhury <

souravc108; sohamsa Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2006 4:59:53 AMRe: Re: Divorce: The emperical rule

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Sourav,I am happy to see so many questions you have posed. I am not sure, if I can satisfacority answer all of them. Let me try.

On 10/8/06, Sourav Chowdhury <

souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

|| Durga Smaranam ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

[sarajit] There is a specific dictum in JS " Tasmin Ucche Niche va Srimantah " , which indicate that both exalted and debilitated planet can make person Srimantah or blessed by Sri (Laxmi). Pt. Rath has explained the concept, which you have already mentioned in your comments.

[sourav]: Yes, I understand the sutra. My difficulty is why we take the two ends of the spectrum (exalted and debilitated) for best results and not the intermediate levels in the spectrum.

[sARAJIT] EXALTATION OF A PLANET IS AKIN TO VISHNU WHILE DEBILITATION IS AKIN TO LAKSHMI.

b. Page 2, left col., you said we can use astakavarga w.r.t AL. However, you mentioned elsewhere in blog that if sum of rekhas in 6, 8 and 12th houses is greater than 9, 10 and 11 houses then the person will have more expenses than savings. So it AL is in the 10th house then this is not compatible with the above rule. So also, AL in the 3rd house, with 2nd house being 12th from AL. I think 11th house from AL shows income, 12-th shows expenses (and also further investments, being 2nd from 11th) and 2nd house shows savings. So it should be a relativity between 2nd and 12th and not between 11th and 12th from AL. Also, lots of rekhas in the 11th and 12-th houses indicate lots of wealth and expenses ( i.e. overall richness) even though one may be greater than the other.

[sarajit] Astakavarga is one of the way of seeing the strength of houses. What Maharishi Parashara tries to say is that if the 11th from AL is stronger that 12th from AL, by having more planets there or aspect of them, then the gains will be un-interrupted. I have just extended to Astakavarga.

Please clarify and correct me in this matter.

[sarajit] 12th is the maraka to the 11th house. Hence malefics in 12th can reduce the gains shown in the 12th substantially. Benefics in the 12th shows expenses in charity or controlled expenses. For that matter planets in the 2nd from Lagna have dhanargala...but aren't they serve as maraka in their periods?

d. Page 3 right col., debilitated Malefics causes obstruction and debilitated benefics causes all sorts of bad things to enter through thw 'Dwara' i.e. has no strength to prevent. This is one of the reason why 7th house is called the maaraka.

[sarajit] Good point.

f. Page 4 left col., you mentioned benefics in the 2nd from AL brings wealth; Narasimha-ji also taught to include Surya in this list as Surya is giver of resources.

[sarajit] I am skeptical with this.

[sourav]: Actually, there is a point too. If Surya is in the 2nd from AL, AL will be in the 12-th from Surya and Surya will not support it being its Maaranakaarakasthaana from itself.

[sARAJIT] I DO NOT THINK PLANETS IN 12TH FROM SUN SHOULD HAVE A PROBLEM SINCE VOSI YOGA PLANETS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 12TH FROM SUN TO GIVE RESOURCES TO THE NATIVE. I STILL CONSIDER SUN A NATURAL MALEFIC AND HENCE SKEPTICAL.

h. Page 5 left col., why does Vahana yoga include Chandra? Because Chandra is sukha-kaaraka ?

[sarajit] Vahana is a comfort ruled by Jala Tattva and Moon and Venus both can indicate Vahana. Anyway, mother becomes the vahana for the child for 9 months before birth as she carries the child during that time.

[sourav]: Thank you. This is a new way of seeing. Noticeably (a) Both Chandra and Sukra get digvala in the 4th (b) Chandra is kaaraka of the 4th and Sukra is kaaraka of the 7th (which is 4th from the 4th house) and also kaaraka of Vehicles. Chandra-Sukra yoga in the 4th is also said to give palatial buildings and rich living.

[sARAJIT] YES, COMFORT OR SUKHA COMES FROM THESE TWO PLANETS.

[sarajit] I have just illustrated the examples based on Pt. Rath's suggestion. As you say, this can be further enhanced based on dignity and aspects. However for them, the weightage need to be properly worked out. This is what Pt. Rath says:* * * * * * *The planets have the following numerical values: Sun (1) Moon (1 or3 depending on its pakashabala i.e. from sukla ekadasi to krsnapanchami 3 points); Mars (1); Mercury (1); Jupiter (3); Venus (2); Saturn (2); Rahu (3); Ketu (2);Add the numerical values of the benefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9thhouses and malefics in 3rd & 6th and subtract the values of thebenefics in 3rd & 6th and malefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th houses. * * * * * * *

[sourav]: Yes, that is what I had in my mind when I was asking this question. UL shows compromises in life being the arudha of the 12-th house. Narasimha-ji sometimes invokes this principle.

[sARAJIT] I TAKE NOTE OF THIS. I CONSIDER 12TH TO SHOW THE SENSE OF GIVING RATHER THAN COMPROMISES. GIVING CAN BECOME COMPROMISES ONLY IF DONE UNWILLINGLY.

[sarajit] Yes.

m. Same, you mentioned that Sukra rules blood immune system. Isn't Chandra the kaaraka of blood ?

[sarajit] Blood in general is ruled by Moon, since Moon is the jala Tattva. However, there are three main components ruled by three different planets. The RBCs are ruled by Mars, Immune system (WBCs) are ruled by Venus and Blood plasma (the carrier of the blood cells) is ruled by Moon. Due to Venus's rulership over immune system, Diamond is suggested for Cancer patients to increase they immune system. Venus has the power of Mrityunjaya.. which protect against all evils... like the immunce system fights against all antigens. [sourav]: Thank you for delineating the details.

[sarajit] Read what Maharishi Parashara says on this topic in Chapter 3.असà¥à¤¥à¤¿ रकà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾ मजà¥à¤œà¤¾ तà¥à¤µà¤—ॠवसा वीरà¥à¤¯à¤®à¥‡à¤µ च।सà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¥à¤°à¥‡à¤·à¤¾à¤®à¤§à¥€à¤¶à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š कà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ दà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤œà¥¥ ३१॥asthi raktastathÄ majjÄ tvag vasÄ vÄ«ryameva ca | snÄyureá¹£ÄmadhÄ«Å›ÄÅ›ca kramÄt sÅ«ryÄdayo dvija || 31||Asthi (Bones) - SunRakta (Blood) - MoonMajja (Bone Marrow) - MarsTvak (Skin) - MercuryVasa (fats) - JupiterVirya (Semen) - VenusSnayu (Nerves) This is interpreted by some as muscles. - Saturn

[sourav]: Actually I am fully aware of this controversy. In one of the recent AtriSJC lectures (available in posted audio), Sanjay-ji and Sarbani -ji were discussing this issue and they stated it thus: Sani indicates labour class and hence rules muscles which is used in toil. Mangal indicates warrior class and hence courage and courage is about strength of nerves; hence Mangal rules nerves, and this indicates Majja dhatu. If Sani were to rule nerves, then the labourer class will rule and protect the society.

This is the reason I was asking about the point.[sARAJIT] NERVES CAN MEAN THE GUTS OR THE COURAGE WHICH YOU TALKED ABOUT OR IT CAN BE THE MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE BODY.IF WE TALK OF STRENGTH, THEN IT SHOULD BE THE MUSCLES NOT NERVES, WHICH GIVES THE STRENGTH AND POWER TO THE BODY. I HAVE SOME RESERVATIONS ON THE CONCEPT YOU MENTIONED.

o. Why would Mangal and Budha cause dental troubles ? Teeth and bones are ruled by Surya.

[sarajit] I have vague explanation on this. Possibly becuase teeth is ruled by 2nd house and Mercury and Mars are maraka for the 2nd in the natural zodiac. Can I have explanation from other learned members of this forum?

[sarajit] You are right. Like malefic in the 7th from AL shows trouble to the native, 7th from UL can show trouble to the spouse. However, in the following slokas, it is clear that from the 7th lord from UL, things about the native can be found too. * * * * * *Rahu in the second from the Lord of the seventh sign fromUpapada shows the native will have grotesque dentition. Ketu in thesecond from 7th Lord from upapada (replacing Rahu in thispreceding stanza) causes the native to stammer. Saturn in the second from the seventh lord from upapada gives an uglyappearence. (JS 1.4.39-1.4.41)

If instead of Chandra, Guru was giving drishti then more male issues can be expected in the first case and lesser female issues in the 2nd case.

[sarajit] Yes. you are right. There is a typo in the explanation.

r. Page 10, right col., Why does Sukra in the 3, 11from AL destroy siblings? I heard that Sukra causes premature birth.

[sarajit] There is one more side to Venus. Venus rules semen and there are millions of semens compete with each other to fertilise an egg. Thus it also represent the nature of competition, which cannot stand with anyone in the same padestal but want to be alone, superior than others. This is what Pt. Rath says in COVA:* * * * * *Co-borns are seen from the third house (younger) and eleventh house (elder) from lagna and Arudha lagna. These houses from lagna determines their physical presence (body) while from the Arudha lagna their numbers, ruling stars etc. are known. Malefics in strength in the third house from lagna destroys younger co-borns while weak malefics gives them physical strength. For example, Mars in the third generally denies younger co-borns, but if Mars is in Cancer a very strong younger brother is born. Saturn in the 3

rd/11th from Arudha Lagna is detrimen­tal to

younger/elder co-born and in conjunction/ asso­ciation with Rahu, it causes death. Venus rules the sperm through which the native attains the birth, hence the name 'Sukra'. Since for conception various spermatozoa, each 'carrying a different soul put up an intense competition to fertilize the ovum, the sperma­tozoa that succeeds is the soul carrier of the native represented by Venus. Thus Venus indicates the 'selfish' nature of all animals (and specifically of the native himself in the chart) and will tend to eliminate all competition with whom the native has to share the blessings of this world. Hence a Venus in the eighth will indicate a premature delivery / still born child before the native birth. Similarly Venus conjoining / aspecting the third/ eleventh will tend to eliminate younger/ elder co-barns respectively. [

The count from Arudha lagna for third & eleventh houses should be zodiacal or reverse depending on whether the sign is odd or even

re­spectively.] The number of younger/elder co borns is the numbers of planets conjoining/ aspecting the lord of the third/ eleventh house respectively. The Rasi dristi of planets be considered for this purpose.

[sourav]: Yes, I remember I read this in COVA. Thank you for reminding. One question about counting system from AL: If the oddity of AL rasi determines the direction of count, the shouldn't this be applicable for all other purposes ? I noticed that oddity of lagna is taken for some vargas (D-3, D7) but not for some other vargas. Can you please de-mistify the concept?

[sARAJIT] I AM STILL STUDYING ON THE CONSISTENCY OF THE APPROACHES.

s. Page 11, left col., Why lord of 2nd from UL in the Dhanabhava with a malefic make native a thief ?

[sarajit] I do not have a better explanation that what I mentioned in the article. Malefics in the 8th house or lagna lord's affliction in the 8th house gives thieving nature. Since 7th from UL also represent the native, lord of 8th therefrom if afflicted in the 2nd house.. can show such nature too.

[sourav]: I have a tentative explanation formed in my mind, I would like to share: UL shows compromises and giving (donations etc). 2nd lord from UL is maaraka to UL and if this lord is in the 2nd house from Lagna (which shows natives own accumulated wealth) with a malefic shows a wicked nature -- i.e. instead of giving (UL) the native starts to accumulate (own 2nd house) for selfish reasons (malefic influence). So thief, but not ordinary kind.[sARAJIT] PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION.

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sarajit-ji,

Pranaam. Thank you for your conclusive response.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=================================================================

sohamsa , "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit.poddar wrote:>> || Jaya Jagannath ||> Dear Sourav,> > See my response below in CAPS:> > > On 10/8/06, Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> >> > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> > **> > Dear Sarajit-ji,> > Pranaam. Thank you for providing me the opportunity> > to learn and clear up the concepts. In conclusion, I have a few comments> > which I will tabulate below in blue.> >> > Thanks again for the discussion.> >> > Best wishes,> > Sourav> >> >> >> >> >> > > > Sarajit Poddar sarajit.poddar > Sourav Chowdhury souravc108; sohamsa > > Sunday, October 8, 2006 4:59:53 AM> > Re: Re: Divorce: The emperical rule> >> > || Jaya Jagannath ||> > Dear Sourav,> >> > I am happy to see so many questions you have posed. I am not sure, if I> > can satisfacority answer all of them. Let me try.> >> > On 10/8/06, Sourav Chowdhury souravc108 wrote:> >> > > *|| Hare Raama Krsna ||*> > > *|| Durga Smaranam ||*> > >> > > Dear Sarajit-ji,> > > Pranam. Thank you for your response and sending> > > me the file. Your article is very detailed and comprehensive. I will write a> > > few questions/points on your article which I just finished reading, but> > > first permit me to write a thought on why 7th from AL (if stronger) is not> > > seen as a reference for money etc.> > >> > > 7th being the Dwara of the AL (as also mentioned in your nice article)> > > shows what is allowed to the AL. Hence if 7th is stronger that AL (by having> > > more grahas etc) then it means that 7th should be seen to determine the> > > ability (or disability) of the rise of Arudha lagna. AL always shows the> > > tangible self and every other information of the self, surroundings,> > > siblings etc. 7th from AL (especially when strong) will show the rise and> > > fall of AL. For example, 7th house is like the ports of a country. The> > > status of the country is seen from the AL but if the ports are shut down,> > > then flow or wealth, medicines, raw materials etc will not come into the> > > country and the country will deteriotate. Hence for health etc matters 7th> > > house is important (if stronger).> > >> > > Now I have been reading your article and collected a few points with> > > reference to this article:> > >> > > a. Page 2, left col., you mentioned that exalted/debilitated graha> > > associating with 11th from AL gives a lot of wealth and friendly placement> > > of such a graha gives average wealth, whereas inimical signs give> > > below-average wealth. It is not understood why debilitated graha will give a> > > lot of wealth and a graha in inimical sign is giving average wealth.> > > Sanjay-ji mentioned that exalted graha shows wealth coming from people who> > > give happily, debilitation shows wealth coming from people who feel forced> > > to give. Why shouldn't we extend that to friendly and inimical signs ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] There is a specific dictum in JS "Tasmin Ucche Niche va> > Srimantah", which indicate that both exalted and debilitated planet can make> > person Srimantah or blessed by Sri (Laxmi). Pt. Rath has explained the> > concept, which you have already mentioned in your comments.> >> > [sourav]: Yes, I understand the sutra. My difficulty is why we take the> > two ends of the spectrum (exalted and debilitated) for best results and not> > the intermediate levels in the spectrum.> >> > [sARAJIT] EXALTATION OF A PLANET IS AKIN TO VISHNU WHILE DEBILITATION IS> AKIN TO LAKSHMI.> > b. Page 2, left col., you said we can use astakavarga w.r.t AL. However, you> > > mentioned elsewhere in blog that if sum of rekhas in 6, 8 and 12th houses is> > > greater than 9, 10 and 11 houses then the person will have more expenses> > > than savings. So it AL is in the 10th house then this is not compatible with> > > the above rule. So also, AL in the 3rd house, with 2nd house being 12th from> > > AL. I think 11th house from AL shows income, 12-th shows expenses (and also> > > further investments, being 2nd from 11th) and 2nd house shows savings. So it> > > should be a relativity between 2nd and 12th and not between 11th and 12th> > > from AL. Also, lots of rekhas in the 11th and 12-th houses indicate lots of> > > wealth and expenses ( i.e. overall richness) even though one may be> > > greater than the other.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Astakavarga is one of the way of seeing the strength of houses.> > What Maharishi Parashara tries to say is that if the 11th from AL is> > stronger that 12th from AL, by having more planets there or aspect of them,> > then the gains will be un-interrupted. I have just extended to Astakavarga.> >> >> > In this connection, let me recall another rule given in one of Sri C S> > > Patel's book: if a house has lesser bindus that the 2nd from it, the said> > > house prospers; if the house has more bindus from the next to it, the said> > > house suffers -- this is from the principle of more 'food'. We should also> > > note that graha in the 12-th from AL gives dhanaargala to the 11th house.> > > Please clarify and correct me in this matter.> > >> >> >> > [sarajit] 12th is the maraka to the 11th house. Hence malefics in 12th can> > reduce the gains shown in the 12th substantially. Benefics in the 12th shows> > expenses in charity or controlled expenses. For that matter planets in the> > 2nd from Lagna have dhanargala...but aren't they serve as maraka in their> > periods?> >> > c. Page 3 right col., BPHS 29.25: This shows that benefics in the 7th> > > also indicates wealth or what is coming through the Dwara. Jupiter is the> > > significator of wealth (2nd and 11th houses), Sukra owns the natural 2nd> > > house and is significator of luxorious items, Chandra is istelf the kaaraka> > > of AL and placement of Chandra in 1-7 from AL will show the tides affecting> > > the AL positively.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Precisely. Well stated.> >> > d. Page 3 right col., debilitated Malefics causes obstruction and> > > debilitated benefics causes all sorts of bad things to enter through thw> > > 'Dwara' i.e. has no strength to prevent. This is one of the reason why> > > 7th house is called the maaraka.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Good point.> >> > e. Page 4 left col., You mentioned that debilitated graha (even> > > benefic) in the 2nd from AL shows bad finances; what happens when this> > > debilitated graha is aspecting the 11th from AL ? I think 2nd house is not> > > only for finances but also to be seen for fame, scandals etc. For example,> > > Rahu in the second from UL indicates breaking of marriage from scandals etc.> > >> > >> >> > [sarajit] Yes, nice point. We can see the 2nd from AL for sustainance of> > the AL. I mentioned the points as given in BPHS and JS only. Thus malefics> > in the 2nd from AL can show health troubles... as indicated from 2nd from UL> > for the spouse. It is seen that 2nd from AL having afflicted Mercury can> > make a peson suffer with weight problems.> >> > f. Page 4 left col., you mentioned benefics in the 2nd from AL brings> > > wealth; Narasimha-ji also taught to include Surya in this list as Surya is> > > giver of resources.> > >> >> > [sarajit] I am skeptical with this.> >> > [sourav]: Actually, there is a point too. If Surya is in the 2nd from AL,> > AL will be in the 12-th from Surya and Surya will not support it being its> > Maaranakaarakasthaana from itself.> >> > [sARAJIT] I DO NOT THINK PLANETS IN 12TH FROM SUN SHOULD HAVE A PROBLEM> SINCE VOSI YOGA PLANETS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 12TH FROM SUN TO GIVE> RESOURCES TO THE NATIVE. I STILL CONSIDER SUN A NATURAL MALEFIC AND HENCE> SKEPTICAL.> > g. Page 5 right col., you mentioned that malefics in the 9th from AL will> > > cause bad finances and social status. I have previously learned that any> > > graha (including malefics) in the 9th from AL will protect (9th house) the> > > UL through its means.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Yes, Jaimini Sutras say that even a upagraha in the 9th from AL> > can make a person wealthy. What I can say is that, that rule mentioned is a> > general rule and 9th is an exception. In addition, malefics in the 9th from> > AL can show finances, however after struggles.> >> >> > h. Page 5 left col., why does Vahana yoga include Chandra? Because> > > Chandra is sukha-kaaraka ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] Vahana is a comfort ruled by Jala Tattva and Moon and Venus both> > can indicate Vahana. Anyway, mother becomes the vahana for the child for 9> > months before birth as she carries the child during that time.> >> > [sourav]: Thank you. This is a new way of seeing. Noticeably (a) Both> > Chandra and Sukra get digvala in the 4th (b) Chandra is kaaraka of the 4th> > and Sukra is kaaraka of the 7th (which is 4th from the 4th house) and also> > kaaraka of Vehicles. Chandra-Sukra yoga in the 4th is also said to give> > palatial buildings and rich living.> >> > [sARAJIT] YES, COMFORT OR SUKHA COMES FROM THESE TWO PLANETS.> > i. Page 5 right col., in the weightage of various grahas in the said houses,> > > the 7th, 11th and 12th houses are not included; further, the status of the> > > grahas and rasi aspects to these houses are also left outside.> > >> >> > [sarajit] I have just illustrated the examples based on Pt. Rath's> > suggestion. As you say, this can be further enhanced based on dignity and> > aspects. However for them, the weightage need to be properly worked out.> >> > This is what Pt. Rath says:> >> > * * * * * * *> > The planets have the following numerical values: Sun (1) Moon (1 or> > 3 depending on its pakashabala i.e. from sukla ekadasi to krsna> > panchami 3 points); Mars (1); Mercury (1); Jupiter (3); Venus (2);> > Saturn (2); Rahu (3); Ketu (2);> >> > Add the numerical values of the benefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th> > houses and malefics in 3rd & 6th and subtract the values of the> > benefics in 3rd & 6th and malefics in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th houses.> > * * * * * * *> >> > >> > > j. Page 7, left col. For Rule 1.3.44, why Gaunapada is of concern ? Why> > > will kaaraka of sights (Surya) aspecting Sukra cause blindness ? Shouldn't> > > it try to save the situation instead ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] Note that Gaunapada or Upapada is the arudha of the house of> > losses too.> >> > [sourav]: Yes, that is what I had in my mind when I was asking this> > question. UL shows compromises in life being the arudha of the 12-th house.> > Narasimha-ji sometimes invokes this principle.> >> > [sARAJIT] I TAKE NOTE OF THIS. I CONSIDER 12TH TO SHOW THE SENSE OF GIVING> RATHER THAN COMPROMISES. GIVING CAN BECOME COMPROMISES ONLY IF DONE> UNWILLINGLY.> > k. Page 7, right col., you mentioned that Guru is kaaraka of UL and Sukra of> > > A7. Why is Guru Kaaraka of UL, because of dharma and children ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] Yes.> >> > l. Page 9, left col. (table), you mentined Sani and Rahu in the 2nd from> > > UL will disrupt digestion especially in Pisces. If so then Sani and Rahu> > > will rule UL and still damage it ? Also you mentioned Guru as kaaraka for> > > digestion, I believe its Surya (agni). Please clarify.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Yes, even if they rule UL they will cause the problem. You need> > to be cautious over malefic rulership of something. It is said that Malefics> > being the ruler of 5th can cause troubles to the native due to bad mantras,> > even if it happens to be the lord of 5th (this is just an example).> >> > Jupiter is the karaka for digestion and not surya and the whole digestive> > system is governed by Jupiter. Surya (agni) helps Jupiter in digestion.> > Digestion is different from Burning. It is getting the fruit out of a> > churning process... the fruit could be energy, which we get after digestion;> > the knowledge which we get after introspection; the children we get after> > co-habilitation or whatever it it.> >> > m. Same, you mentioned that Sukra rules blood immune system. Isn't> > > Chandra the kaaraka of blood ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] Blood in general is ruled by Moon, since Moon is the jala> > Tattva. However, there are three main components ruled by three different> > planets. The RBCs are ruled by Mars, Immune system (WBCs) are ruled by Venus> > and Blood plasma (the carrier of the blood cells) is ruled by Moon.> >> > Due to Venus's rulership over immune system, Diamond is suggested for> > Cancer patients to increase they immune system. Venus has the power of> > Mrityunjaya.. which protect against all evils... like the immunce system> > fights against all antigens.> > [sourav]: Thank you for delineating the details.> >> > n. Same, For Guru-Sani, you mentioned Sani as ruler of nervous system. I> > > think it is Mangal who rules nerves. Here we should note that Guru gets> > > debilitated in presence of Sani (Sani rules the debility rasi of Guru) and> > > hence the Aakasa tattva is vitiated.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Read what Maharishi Parashara says on this topic in Chapter 3.> > असà¥à¤¥à¤¿ रकà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾ मजà¥à¤œà¤¾ तà¥à¤µà¤—ॠवसा वीरà¥à¤¯à¤®à¥‡à¤µ च।> > सà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¥à¤°à¥‡à¤·à¤¾à¤®à¤§à¥€à¤¶à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š कà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥ सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ दà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤œà¥¥ ३१॥> > asthi raktastathÄ majjÄ tvag vasÄ vÄ«ryameva ca |> > snÄyureá¹£ÄmadhÄ«Å›ÄÅ›ca kramÄt sÅ«ryÄdayo dvija || 31||> >> > Asthi (Bones) - Sun> > Rakta (Blood) - Moon> > Majja (Bone Marrow) - Mars> > Tvak (Skin) - Mercury> > Vasa (fats) - Jupiter> > Virya (Semen) - Venus> > Snayu (Nerves) This is interpreted by some as muscles. - Saturn> >> > [sourav]: Actually I am fully aware of this controversy. In one of the> > recent AtriSJC lectures (available in posted audio), Sanjay-ji and Sarbani> > -ji were discussing this issue and they stated it thus: Sani indicates> > labour class and hence rules muscles which is used in toil. Mangal indicates> > warrior class and hence courage and courage is about strength of nerves;> > hence Mangal rules nerves, and this indicates Majja dhatu. If Sani were to> > rule nerves, then the labourer class will rule and protect the society.> > This is the reason I was asking about the point.> >> > [sARAJIT] NERVES CAN MEAN THE GUTS OR THE COURAGE WHICH YOU TALKED ABOUT OR> IT CAN BE THE MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE BODY.IF WE TALK OF STRENGTH,> THEN IT SHOULD BE THE MUSCLES NOT NERVES, WHICH GIVES THE STRENGTH AND POWER> TO THE BODY. I HAVE SOME RESERVATIONS ON THE CONCEPT YOU MENTIONED.> > o. Why would Mangal and Budha cause dental troubles ? Teeth and bones are> > > ruled by Surya.> > >> >> > [sarajit] I have vague explanation on this. Possibly becuase teeth is> > ruled by 2nd house and Mercury and Mars are maraka for the 2nd in the> > natural zodiac. Can I have explanation from other learned members of this> > forum?> >> > p. Page 9 right col., you mentioned that 7th from UL shows native. But> > > native is already shown by AL and Lagna ! It is similar to saying that 7th> > > from A4 will show father or 7th from A9 will show mother. I think this sutra> > > says 7th from is maaraka to UL hence shows those afflicting conditions just> > > like 2nd from UL.> > >> >> > [sarajit] You are right. Like malefic in the 7th from AL shows trouble to> > the native, 7th from UL can show trouble to the spouse. However, in the> > following slokas, it is clear that from the 7th lord from UL, things about> > the native can be found too.> > * * * * * *> > Rahu in the second from the Lord of the seventh sign from> > Upapada shows the native will have grotesque dentition. Ketu in the> > second from 7th Lord from upapada (replacing Rahu in this> > preceding stanza) causes the native to stammer. Saturn in the> > second from the seventh lord from upapada gives an ugly> > appearence. (JS 1.4.39-1.4.41)> > * * * * * *> >> > > q. Page 10, left col., I think there is a typo as there is mismatch> > > between the stated sutra and your explanation. The sutra states Simha in UL,> > > whereas you are taking Simha as 9th from UL.> > >> >> >> >> > If Simha is UL then 9th is Mesha (odd rasi) ruled by male graha Mangal;> > > If Kanya is UL the 9th is Vrisabha (even rasi) ruled by female graha Sukra.> > > So both sign and lords are either male or female. Now, Chandra himself is> > > predisposed to female issues and hence with strong male influence in the> > > 9th, gives lesser issues and with strong female influence in the 9th from> > > UL, gives many female offsprings. We should note that Chandra is kaaraka of> > > 'human' offsprings. That is why in Human charts, we rectify Navamsa by> > > taking PP in trines or 7th from Chandra.> > > If instead of Chandra, Guru was giving drishti then more male issues can> > > be expected in the first case and lesser female issues in the 2nd case.> > >> >> > [sarajit] Yes. you are right. There is a typo in the explanation.> >> > r. Page 10, right col., Why does Sukra in the 3, 11from AL destroy> > > siblings? I heard that Sukra causes premature birth.> > >> >> > [sarajit] There is one more side to Venus. Venus rules semen and there> > are millions of semens compete with each other to fertilise an egg. Thus it> > also represent the nature of competition, which cannot stand with anyone in> > the same padestal but want to be alone, superior than others.> >> > This is what Pt. Rath says in COVA:> > * * * * * *> > Co-borns are seen from the third house (younger) and eleventh house> > (elder) from lagna and Arudha lagna. These houses from lagna determines> > their physical presence (body) while from the Arudha lagna their numbers,> > ruling stars etc. are known. Malefics in strength in the third house from> > lagna destroys younger co-borns while weak malefics gives them physical> > strength. For example, Mars in the third generally denies younger co-borns,> > but if Mars is in Cancer a very strong younger brother is born. Saturn in> > the 3rd/11th from Arudha Lagna is detrimen­tal to younger/elder co-born> > and in conjunction/ asso­ciation with Rahu, it causes death. Venus rules the> > sperm through which the native attains the birth, hence the name *'Sukra'*.> > Since for conception various spermatozoa, each 'carrying a different soul> > put up an intense competition to fertilize the ovum, the sperma­tozoa that> > succeeds is the soul carrier of the native represented by Venus. Thus Venus> > indicates the 'selfish' nature of all animals (and specifically of the> > native himself in the chart) and will tend to eliminate all competition with> > whom the native has to share the blessings of this world. Hence a Venus in> > the eighth will indicate a premature delivery / still born child before the> > native birth. Similarly Venus conjoining / aspecting the third/ eleventh> > will tend to eliminate younger/ elder co-barns respectively. [*The count> > from Arudha lagna for third & eleventh houses should be zodiacal or reverse> > depending on whether the sign is odd or even re­spectively*.] The number> > of younger/elder co borns is the numbers of planets conjoining/ aspecting> > the lord of the third/ eleventh house respectively. The Rasi dristi of> > planets be considered for this purpose.> > * * * * * *> > [sourav]: Yes, I remember I read this in COVA. Thank you for reminding.> > One question about counting system from AL: If the oddity of AL rasi> > determines the direction of count, the shouldn't this be applicable for all> > other purposes ? I noticed that oddity of lagna is taken for some vargas> > (D-3, D7) but not for some other vargas. Can you please de-mistify the> > concept?> >> > [sARAJIT] I AM STILL STUDYING ON THE CONSISTENCY OF THE APPROACHES.> > s. Page 11, left col., Why lord of 2nd from UL in the Dhanabhava with a> > > malefic make native a thief ?> > >> >> > [sarajit] I do not have a better explanation that what I mentioned in the> > article. Malefics in the 8th house or lagna lord's affliction in the 8th> > house gives thieving nature. Since 7th from UL also represent the native,> > lord of 8th therefrom if afflicted in the 2nd house.. can show such nature> > too.> >> > [sourav]: I have a tentative explanation formed in my mind, I would like> > to share: UL shows compromises and giving (donations etc). 2nd lord from UL> > is maaraka to UL and if this lord is in the 2nd house from Lagna (which> > shows natives own accumulated wealth) with a malefic shows a wicked nature> > -- i.e. instead of giving (UL) the native starts to accumulate (own 2nd> > house) for selfish reasons (malefic influence). So thief, but not ordinary> > kind.> >> > [sARAJIT] PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION.>