IndiaDivine.org

To Swee-ji and Utpal Bhai-- Choice of Muhurtas Discussed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Dear Sourav,

Namaste

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks, suggest +/- 8:08hrs According to Narada Purana, Tula (lagna) and Dhanus (Moon’s palcement) are beneficent in nature. Moon is particular potent during shukla paksha. ( I wanted you to play around with the time and see what’s best). According to Narada the avastha is in “pleasure” state. You can always re-instal at a later date – during 2007 when Guru is in retrograde motion.

The main thing to consider is, as soon as you’ve read the suggested time, did anything negative happen? Note down the trend of events. If more good happened, then the muhurta is ok for now.

You’ve missed out the lagnamsa lord in kendra.

SWEE: Moola nakshatra that blesses devotees of fearlessness is your good tara and Moon in this muhurta happens to be BK. I understand that the nakshatra itself is sharp and you’d like to choose one which is gentle. But the main thing I’ve considered is that you would touch Ma Durga’s feet first and this IS the method of pacification for Moola nakshatra as in your mantras here :-))

|| Durgaa Smaranam ||

|| Om Matre Namah ||

The mrityu sphuta is far from the ascending degree, Mula nakshatra in the 4th pada is maksha pada. The overpowering natural of Mula, ruled by Ketu (Ketu is to your advantage in your chart), presided over by Nritti, can be overcome thus:

The offerings:

Bathing by river bank –the alternative is to put some ganga jal into your bath. Take your bath as normal, then towel dry. Pour the ganga jal over your head/body – do not towel dry.

Besides, the other ingredients of offerings (dhoop, Ghee and curds), include musk, very dark red/black flowers; pieces of red sandalwood; mixture of honey, water, barley should be offered, including various roots and fruits.

Yante Devi is the mantra for Nritti. (I can’t find it; maybe in Taittiriya.....anyone??)

Love,

Swee

On 10/7/06 12:39 PM, " Sourav Chowdhury " <souravc108 wrote:

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

|| Durgaa Smaranam ||

|| Om Matre Namah ||

Dear Swee-ji and Utpal Bhai,

Pranaam. The city I currently live in (Greenbelt, MD, USA) is following Eastern Stardard Time which is subjected to Daylight Saving Time (DST) as follows:

DST started on Sunday, April 2, 2006 at 2:00 AM EST (effectively GMT-4 hrs)

DST ends on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM local daylight time (effectively GMT- 5 hrs).

So if you suggest a Muhurta kindly give effective GMT time and Lagna degrees. That will settle it.

Now, Swee-ji greatly favoured me by suggesting a Muhurta. Swee-ji, I didnt know that 9th house should be kept vacant (or devoid of malefic influences) for this case of Guru's gemstone. Hence I was only concentrating on the general Murhuta rules as given in Dr. B. V. Raman's Muhurta Book. I am also refering to Sri Subramaniam Iyer's translated work, Kaalapraaashika. Now that I know, I will keep your rule in mind.

You suggested:

1. Around 7:30 a.m. EST October 27, 2006 Greenbelt, Maryland, USA with Guru in Lagna.

2. Further you suggested that Navamsa lagna should be such that 8th house is empty and Guru/Sukra are not there. If Navamsa lagna rasi is 11th from rasi lagna, then it is better.

3. You further suggested that 8:00 a.m. is better

Upon study, I find the following.

a. Surya is debilitated and with Mangal and Sukra thereby getting neechabhanga (this you mentioned as strengthening Sri Lakshmi's blessings).

b. Chandra is Moola nakshatra (Saadhana taara ruled by Ketu --- achievements after obstacles)

c. Tithi, Vaara, Yoga, Karana and Nakshatra lords are well placed.

d. Kaalaprakaasika states that Friday and Moola Nakshatra combination is a powerful benefic yoga; also Nandaa Tithi with Friday is a Siddha Yoga combination.

However there are couple of things:

a. There are two Charakaaraka Transformations: between AK and AmK and between MK and PiK. This makes Rahu fill up the vacant place and become strong.

b. There is a combination of Dina-mrityu with Chandra in 4th quarter of Mula nakshatra and this is bad during daytime. Further Moola is of a 'sharp' nature is not a good nakshatra for good-natured karma.

c. Guru is in Mritaavastha and Sukra is in Kopitaavastha exactly conjunct Surya who is in deep debility and in Dukkhitaavastha. This is not auspicious.

d.