IndiaDivine.org

Writ Petition (PIL Public Intrest Litigation) filed and Periyar Statue will not be allowed near Srirangam Rajagopuram until the High court hears and disposed of the writ petition filed -- See the following mail from sadhuji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

---------- Forwarded message ----------Sri Vaishnava Rajayam <srivaishnavarajayam

Dec 1, 2006 10:00 PM[samskrita-bharati] Writ Petition (PIL Public Intrest Litigation) filed and Periyar Statue will not be allowed near Srirangam Rajagopuram until the High court hears and disposed of the writ petition filed -- See the following mail from sadhuji

GovindaRajan VenkataSesha <govindarajantriplicane, Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh <vinjamoor_venkatesh

>, Sri Vaishnava Rajayam <srivaishnavarajayam, ,

ramanuja , , IyengarsUnited ,

vaideekam , samskrita-bharati , Sri Vaishnava <srivaishnavarajayam

>, srivaishnavarajayam-

Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:41:25 +0000 (GMT) " sadhu rangarajan " <rangarajansadhu

> Fwd: [FHRS_USA] Statue near Srirangam Rajagopuram: Madurai High Court injunction

govindarajantriplicane

" k " <kalyan97 " kalyan97 " <

kalyan97 Fri, 1 Dec 2006 05:59:01 +0530 [FHRS_USA] Statue near Srirangam Rajagopuram: Madurai High Court injunction

HTML Attachment [ Scan and Save to Computer | Save to Briefcase ]

Dinamalar, 1 December 2006

(Trans. From Tamil news report)

Statue near Srirangam Rajagopuram: High Court injunction

Madurai: The installation of Periyar statue near Srirangam Rajagopuram will NOT be allowed until the High Court hears and disposes of the writ petition filed.

Hindu Youth leader Kannan of Tiruchi Bhimanagar had filed a Public Interest Litigation petition in the High Court. He said in the petition: The Rajagopuram in Srirangam is very special, a pride of the devotees. A decision was taken by Tiruvarangam Thanjavur Periyar Statue Installation Committee to install Periyar statue near the Rajagopuram. . In Periyar statues installed all over Tamilnadu, the inscribed messages read: " One who worships Divinity is uncivilized brute (kaattumiraandi) , one who imagined Divinity is an idiot " ; " One who spreads messages about Divinity is a rascal (ayoggiyan) " At a Rajagopuram where the footprints of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu are worshipped is a hurt to the sentiments of the devotees.

The decision to install the statue was taken many years ago. But, due to popular demand from people, the installation was stopped. During the last few days, there has been intensified activity to install the statue. Information provided by police in the locality is that the DMK Minister Nehru is keen and determined on this installation. News reports have appeared in the local press today that the statue is proposed to be unveiled today. The petition requested that an interim injunction be issued to Tiruchi Corporation Commissioner, Collector, Tiruvarangam Periyar Statue Installation Committee NOT to install and unveil the statue.

This petition was heard by the Bench of Hon'ble Justices T. Murugesan, and P. Murugesan The court deliberations on the petition were as under:

Advocate for the City Commissioner, Srinivas: The statue installation committee sought permission to install the statue in 1972. The then Srirangam Municipality passed a resolution on the request. In 1973, Government of Tamilnadu gave the land for the installation of the statue. Now, this place is private property which belongs to Statue Installation Committee. The City Corporation has nothing to do with this.

Statue Installation Committee Advocate Natarajan: The statue has already been installed near the Rajagopuram. All that remains is the formal ceremony for unveiling the statue. No date has been decided upon for this ceremony.

After hearing the arguments, the decision conveyed by the Hon'ble Justices of the Bench:

The arrangements for installing the statue started in 1972. The foundation-laying ceremony was held in 1998. Since that date, no one including the present petitioner had filed any court proceedings. The petitioner has filed this petition in the last minute. By installing the statue at that place, will some religious sentiments (mada unarvugal) be hurt? There has been not enough time to present and hear arguments on this question. In such court cases, no decision can be reached without affording an opportunity to present arguments by the contending parties. For these reasons, the Court does not intend t to issue any interim order. But, the installation of this statue (iccilai niruval) shall be deferred until the final orders on the writ petition by this Court. So ordered the Bench.

-- Dharma protects those who protect it Dharmo rakshati rakshitaha

GovindaRajan VenkataSesha <govindarajantriplicane wrote:You can file a legal claim on behalf of Iyengars that Srirangam is a Religeous place and we(Iyengars) have the right there.

Put rules like " Tress passers not allowed and file a public intrest litigation against DK in this regard " .Iyengars have similar rights given for centuries in SrA similar arrangement is there in Rishikesh,Haridwar and Ayodhya as a religeous place and there is restriction in people doing business etc.

BJP/Sangh as an organisation can help legally on this.But remember you need to get all hindus involved otherwise it will not work.

ThanksGovindarajan VS

Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh <vinjamoor_venkatesh wrote:Govinda,

I have no problems. This message is meant for spreading out. Please send it to as many people as possible. But remember, nothing can be done legally. Only some public demonstrations and open talk about the bias of that idiot MK towards the Muslims' and Christians' sentiments will help.

Please do it and keep me informed of the developments. Regards,Venkatesh

GovindaRajan VenkataSesha <govindarajantriplicane

>vinjamoor_venkatesh; g r <

govindarajantriplicaneFriday, 24 November, 2006 5:03:26 AMIf you are ok I will forwarding to Friends of BJP Loop Thanks Re: [Thuglak] Digest Number 1104

Hi I will forward this information to the Friends of BJP Loop if you are ok with this.Let us see what we can do legally on this matter.We can see if we can get a resolution citing relevent laws,articles in the constitution related to Religeous freedom.

Things like they have to sign that they have respect to Hindu Gods and Goddesses etc.

ThanksGovindarajan VS

Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus Posted by: " vinjamoor_venkatesh "

vinjamoor_venkatesh vinjamoor_venkatesh Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:41 am (PST) Dear All,

Hope you all have heard the news that EVR's statue is to be installed in front of the Srirangam Rajagopuram before 24th December. The work is going on in full swing.

This is no surprise considering the attitude of the present government. The same CM who opposed the act of smearing vibhuthi and sandhanam on EVR, citing that it is against his principles and (Useless) philosophies, now, naturally, is not bothered about the feelings of the Hindu community. Can we stop this?

But the pity is, I understand from a local person in Srirangam, apart from insignificant number of people from some Hindu organisations, no one else is coming forward even for the demonstrations. What a shame. This is the same deity, who many of the Srivaishnavas, gave their life to save from the invading Muslim Marauders. But today, it seems every one are more concerned about their own welfare.

I honestly dont know why I am writing this for. If it is just for a news, you would have already read this in papers. If it is for doing something, nothing is going to happen for the reasons I said above. I only hope that someone in India can stir this up and try atleast to put an end to this.

As per what I heard from the local person, legally nothing can be done as they documents are intact, thanks to some unscrupulous Hindu idiot, way back in 1973, who gave the consent for this as municipality chairman.

But this can be atleast protested by a demonstration. Today it is Srirangam and tomorrow it will be Rameshwaram and so on.

Can we do something to stop further sacrileges to our places of worship?

Regards,Venkatesh

Thuglak wrote:Thuglak Tamil weekly Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a. Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus vinjamoor_venkatesh 1b. Re: Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus harish krishnan 1c. Re: Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus vinjamoor_venkatesh View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages 1a. Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus Posted by: " vinjamoor_venkatesh "

vinjamoor_venkatesh vinjamoor_venkatesh Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:41 am (PST) Dear All,

Hope you all have heard the news that EVR's statue is to be installed in front of the Srirangam Rajagopuram before 24th December. The work is going on in full swing.

This is no surprise considering the attitude of the present government. The same CM who opposed the act of smearing vibhuthi and sandhanam on EVR, citing that it is against his principles and (Useless) philosophies, now, naturally, is not bothered about the feelings of the Hindu community. Can we stop this?

But the pity is, I understand from a local person in Srirangam, apart from insignificant number of people from some Hindu organisations, no one else is coming forward even for the demonstrations. What a shame. This is the same deity, who many of the Srivaishnavas, gave their life to save from the invading Muslim Marauders. But today, it seems every one are more concerned about their own welfare.

I honestly dont know why I am writing this for. If it is just for a news, you would have already read this in papers. If it is for doing something, nothing is going to happen for the reasons I said above. I only hope that someone in India can stir this up and try atleast to put an end to this.

As per what I heard from the local person, legally nothing can be done as they documents are intact, thanks to some unscrupulous Hindu idiot, way back in 1973, who gave the consent for this as municipality chairman.

But this can be atleast protested by a demonstration. Today it is Srirangam and tomorrow it will be Rameshwaram and so on.

Can we do something to stop further sacrileges to our places of worship?

Regards,Venkatesh

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) 1b. Re: Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus Posted by: " harish krishnan " harishkrishna harishkrishna Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:38 am (PST) Hi Venkatesh,

This is just one more example, of the contempt forHinduism and hindus in general prevalent among theruling class..

This statue thing is a very minor thing when comparedto the more serious and profane activities that isgoing around in Tirupati..

A rich hindu temple will not be left alone.. With thefull support of the corrupt, converted christian thatis Rajashekar Reddy (AP, CM), the Balaji temple isbeing pillaged for evenaglical activity..

No place is safe, no HIndu god is sacred and no templeis holy enof for these christists..

In many ways Democratic " secular " India is unsafe for hindus as compared to Mughal India.. Things have cometo such a pass in this country!

-h

--- vinjamoor_venkatesh<vinjamoor_venkatesh @> wrote:

> Dear All,> > Hope you all have heard the news that EVR's statue> is to be installed > in front of the Srirangam Rajagopuram before 24th> December. The work > is going on in full swing. > > This is no surprise considering the attitude of the> present > government. The same CM who opposed the act of> smearing vibhuthi and > sandhanam on EVR, citing that it is against his

> principles and > (Useless) philosophies, now, naturally, is not> bothered about the > feelings of the Hindu community. Can we stop this?> > But the pity is, I understand from a local person in

> Srirangam, apart > from insignificant number of people from some Hindu> organisations, no > one else is coming forward even for the> demonstrations. What a shame. > This is the same deity, who many of the

> Srivaishnavas, gave their > life to save from the invading Muslim Marauders. But> today, it seems > every one are more concerned about their own> welfare.> > I honestly dont know why I am writing this for. If

> it is just for a > news, you would have already read this in papers. If> it is for doing > something, nothing is going to happen for the> reasons I said above. I > only hope that someone in India can stir this up and

> try atleast to > put an end to this.> > As per what I heard from the local person, legally> nothing can be > done as they documents are intact, thanks to some> unscrupulous Hindu > idiot, way back in 1973, who gave the consent for> this as > municipality chairman. > > But this can be atleast protested by a> demonstration. Today it is > Srirangam and tomorrow it will be Rameshwaram and so

> on. > > Can we do something to stop further sacrileges to> our places of > worship?> > Regards,> Venkatesh> > >

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment! www.LowerMyBills. com/lre

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) 1c. Re: Another Hindu Sacrilege and the pitiable condition of Hindus Posted by: " vinjamoor_venkatesh " vinjamoor_venkatesh vinjamoor_venkatesh Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:09 am (PST) True Harish!

I knew about the Thirupathi issue too. But atleast there were some jeeyars and other madaathipathis to oppose it. But here there is no one. I also came to know that a press very near to the Srirangam temple has been converted to a Church and already the Sunday services are in vogue.

My pain is not in MK's dealing with this, but our own people's reluctance to come forward and oppose this. Shameless people.I get a feeling that there is no point in arguing for the sake of Hinduism here as our own people dont have the inclination or courage to come out against these atrocities.

Painful!!!Venkatesh

Thuglak@ .com, harish krishnan <harishkrishna@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Venkatesh,

> > This is just one more example, of the contempt for> Hinduism and hindus in general prevalent among the> ruling class..> > This statue thing is a very minor thing when compared

> to the more serious and profane activities that is> going around in Tirupati..> > A rich hindu temple will not be left alone.. With the> full support of the corrupt, converted christian that

> is Rajashekar Reddy (AP, CM), the Balaji temple is> being pillaged for evenaglical activity..> > No place is safe, no HIndu god is sacred and no temple> is holy enof for these christists.. > > In many ways Democratic " secular " India is unsafe for > hindus as compared to Mughal India.. Things have come> to such a pass in this country!> > -h> > > --- vinjamoor_venkatesh> <vinjamoor_venkates h wrote:> > > Dear All,> > > > Hope you all have heard the news that EVR's statue> > is to be installed > > in front of the Srirangam Rajagopuram before 24th> > December. The work > > is going on in full swing. > > > > This is no surprise considering the attitude of the> > present > > government. The same CM who opposed the act of> > smearing vibhuthi and > > sandhanam on EVR, citing that it is against his> > principles and > > (Useless) philosophies, now, naturally, is not

> > bothered about the > > feelings of the Hindu community. Can we stop this?> > > > But the pity is, I understand from a local person in> > Srirangam, apart > > from insignificant number of people from some Hindu

> > organisations, no > > one else is coming forward even for the> > demonstrations. What a shame. > > This is the same deity, who many of the> > Srivaishnavas, gave their > > life to save from the invading Muslim Marauders. But> > today, it seems > > every one are more concerned about their own> > welfare.> > > > I honestly dont know why I am writing this for. If

> > it is just for a > > news, you would have already read this in papers. If> > it is for doing > > something, nothing is going to happen for the> > reasons I said above. I > > only hope that someone in India can stir this up and> > try atleast to > > put an end to this.> > > > As per what I heard from the local person, legally> > nothing can be > > done as they documents are intact, thanks to some> > unscrupulous Hindu > > idiot, way back in 1973, who gave the consent for> > this as > > municipality chairman.

> > > > But this can be atleast protested by a> > demonstration. Today it is > > Srirangam and tomorrow it will be Rameshwaram and so> > on. > > > > Can we do something to stop further sacrileges to

> > our places of > > worship?> > > > Regards,> > Venkatesh> > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

____________ __> Sponsored Link> > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo. > Calculate new payment!

www.LowerMyBills. com/lre>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3) Recent Activity 6 New MembersVisit Your Group