Gauranga Das

varahamihira

Friday, February 23, 2001 8:45 PM

Re: [Jaya Jagannath] Graha's Dasavatar

JAYA JAGANNATHA!

Dear Visti,

Namaste.

Dear Frank, Namaste.

1. The deities (i.e. lord Siva, Vishnu, Yama etc.) aren't Dasaavatars. Dasaavatars are said to be incarnations of Vishnu, and are physical beings, that have been born on this earth.

I isagree with this statement. Please refer to Bhagavad-gita 4.6:

ajo'pi sann avyayaatmaa bhuutaanaam ishvaro'pi san

prakritim svaam adhisthaayaa sambhavaamy aatma-maayayaa

Translation by Srila Prabhupada: "Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the lord of all living entities, I still appear in every millenium in My original transcendental form". So as Krishna is the source of the Avataars, they are also situated transcendentally, even though appearing in this world."

Also Bg. 9.11:

avajaananti maam muudhaa maanusim tanum aasritam

param bhaavam ajananto mama bhuuta-maheshvaram

"Fools deride me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be."

So the bodies of the Avataars should eb accepted as transcendental and eternal as per the Bghagavad-gita.

I also noticed such a quotation in Gurudeva's book Vedic Remeides. It's in the footnote on page 92.:

" Sri Guru Brihaspati chided Indra fro his foolish act and for not being able to recognize Narayana in the physical form of Krishna . . ."

As per the above shlokas from the Gita my understanding is that Krishna's for mis eternally transcendental. Mya I ask You Gurudeva to clarify this statement?

Your shishya,

Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer <gauranga Jyotish Remedies: WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET Phone:+36-309-140-839

2. Parasara was clearly a Vaisnava as he states to worship the Avatara of Vishnu, whereas the Deity list is for the general population.

If one had given a list of the grahas compared to the Avataras of Durga, or the Christian deities, then you might not have been thinking in these terms.

Sidenotes.

Bellow it states that Mercury is MahaVishnu, however MahaVishnu is usually compared to Narayan or Vasudevaya, so it should only read Vishnu, and MahaLakshmi should also only read Lakshmi as MahaLakshmi is Shakti the female incarnation of Narayan.

Further, Jupiter is Indra, and Saturn is Brahma.

Ultimately the list seems to be constricted to ones faith, yet the energies are the same.

I've heard that Prasna Marga has an elaborate list of deities, but i won't comment on that as i'm not in possession of it.

Best wishes, Visti.

Sun: Lord Siva Moon: Goddess Parvathi Mars: Lord Karthikeya (Subramanya)

Mercury: MahaVishnu Jupiter: Lord Dakshinamurthi Venus: Mahalakshmi

Saturn: Lord Yama Rahu: Goddess Durga Kethu: Lord Ganesa or Indra

Maharishi Parasara names the following:

Surya - Sri Rama

Chandra - Sri Krisna

Mangala - Sri Narasimha

Buddhi - Sri Buddha

Guru - Sri Vamama

Sukra - Sri Parasurama

Sani - Sri Koorma

Rahi - Sri Varaha

Ketui - Sri Matsya