Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Sat Siri,

>>An interesting verse from Deva Keralam (3) p. 77 verse 3016: " If the

>>Arudha Pada of the 12th house counted from the Moon is occupied by a

>>malefic planet, the native will not be happy in the other world

>>(i.e., after death). If Jupiter aspects the said sign, some

>>happiness will be there. " (quoted in C.S. Patel, Arudha System of

>>Prediction).

Would Ketu(as moksha karaka) in this case be considered malefic or benefic?

With humble regards

Mayapur das

Guest guest

Dear Mayapur,

Ketu is always treated as benefic as far as spiritual matters are concerned..

Best wishes,

Zoran

MayapurDas wrote:

> Hare Rama Krishna

>

> Dear Sat Siri,

>

> >>An interesting verse from Deva Keralam (3) p. 77 verse 3016: " If the

> >>Arudha Pada of the 12th house counted from the Moon is occupied by a

> >>malefic planet, the native will not be happy in the other world

> >>(i.e., after death). If Jupiter aspects the said sign, some

> >>happiness will be there. " (quoted in C.S. Patel, Arudha System of

> >>Prediction).

>

> Would Ketu(as moksha karaka) in this case be considered malefic or benefic?

>

> With humble regards

> Mayapur das

>

> OM TAT SAT

> Archive: varahamihira

> Files: varahamihira

> varahamihira/database

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Mayapur and Zoran.

Ketu isn't a benefic for the Mind(Moon). But otherwise your right.

Best wishes, Visti.

-

ahimsa

varahamihira

Saturday, July 21, 2001 4:23 AM

Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi

Dear Mayapur,Ketu is always treated as benefic as far as spiritual matters are concerned..Best wishes,ZoranMayapurDas wrote:> Hare Rama Krishna>> Dear Sat Siri,>> >>An interesting verse from Deva Keralam (3) p. 77 verse 3016: "If the> >>Arudha Pada of the 12th house counted from the Moon is occupied by a> >>malefic planet, the native will not be happy in the other world> >>(i.e., after death). If Jupiter aspects the said sign, some> >>happiness will be there." (quoted in C.S. Patel, Arudha System of> >>Prediction).>> Would Ketu(as moksha karaka) in this case be considered malefic or benefic?>> With humble regards> Mayapur das>> OM TAT SAT> Archive: varahamihira> Files: varahamihira> varahamihira/database>>>

Guest guest

Dear Visti,

How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize

the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstract

thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing

for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where

he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic

for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is

malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For

mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ...

best wishes,

Zoran

Guest guest

Dear Zoran, Namaste.

Guru may be exalted in chandra-rasi, but there is a significant difference between Guru and Ketu.

Why are you qouting the circumstances of Guru for ketu? Guru would rather teach and preach, but do you think Ketu's interested?

Ketu's Exaltation and Moolatrikona signs are Jupiterian signs, but its Own sign is Scorpio(moons debil). How would you corelate this?

Do you think Ketu gives the mind more to think about, or destroys its natural process of thinking, to rid one of mental desires. Moon-Ketu joining is a yoga for detachment of mind.

Jupiter on the other hand gives the mind more to think about, and sooner or later leads the path to god.

When i studied clairvoyant ability a few years ago, i noted that allthough Ketu+Moon yogas gave an ability to detach and see beyond the mind, it also gave an unstable mind. In some cases this could be attributed to the Chandra-Chandala Yoga formed by Ketu's counterpart; Rahu.

These are my reasons, i ask others to contribute.

Best wishes, Visti.

-

ahimsa

varahamihira

Monday, July 23, 2001 10:27 PM

Dear Visti,How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realizethe Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstractthinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thingfor spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, wherehe exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest beneficfor the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it ismalefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. Formind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ...best wishes,ZoranOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraFiles: varahamihiravarahamihira/database

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah----

Dear Zoran,

Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and dejection (with Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation. That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?

Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red) gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath

-

ahimsa

varahamihira

Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM

Dear Visti,How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realizethe Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstractthinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thingfor spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, wherehe exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest beneficfor the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it ismalefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. Formind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ...best wishes,ZoranOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraFiles: varahamihiravarahamihira/database

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah----Dear 'Drifter'

What is your name, and why can't you sign it? I cannot accept that it is Drifter.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath

- Drifter - Drifter

varahamihira

Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:22 PM

Dear List members,What are the effects of Tapaswi Yoga. Does it matter, in which house this yoga is formed.~ Drifter"Sanjay Rath" <srathvarahamihira To: <varahamihira >Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithiTue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:33 +0530Om Gurave Namah----Dear Zoran,Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and dejection (with Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation. That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red) gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath - ahimsa varahamihira Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Dear Visti, How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstract thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ... best wishes, Zoran OM TAT SAT Archive: varahamihira Files: varahamihira varahamihira/database

Guest guest

Respected Sanjay Rath, I would like to remind you the quotation from Kalidas : What is there in the name. Even if the rose is named some thing else, it will remain rose. I am using the name Drifter to keep anonymity. If this does not suit me, let me know what name you want me to use. ~ Drifter - Sanjay Rath July 28, 2001 2:56 AM varahamihira Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Om Gurave Namah----Dear 'Drifter' What is your name, and why can't you sign it? I cannot accept that it is Drifter.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath - Drifter - Drifter varahamihira Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:22 PM Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Dear List members,What are the effects of Tapaswi Yoga. Does it matter, in which house this yoga is formed.~ Drifter"Sanjay Rath" <srathvarahamihira To: <varahamihira >Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithiTue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:33 +0530Om Gurave Namah----Dear Zoran,Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and dejection (with Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation. That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red) gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath - ahimsa varahamihira Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Dear Visti, How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstract thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ... best wishes, Zoran OM TAT SAT Archive: varahamihira Files: varahamihira varahamihira/database

Guest guest

Namaste Drifter,

Consider the Vowel Name of the Pada of your Janma Nakshatra.... e.g. For Rohini VA, VE, Voo, etc.

Pick a name then that is consistent with your constitution.

Drifter - Drifter [astrology_ag] Sunday, July 29, 2001 3:25 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi

Respected Sanjay Rath,

I would like to remind you the quotation from Kalidas :

What is there in the name. Even if the rose is named some thing else, it will remain rose.

I am using the name Drifter to keep anonymity. If this does not suit me, let me know what name you want me to use.

~ Drifter

-

Sanjay Rath

July 28, 2001 2:56 AM

varahamihira

What is your name, and why can't you sign it? I cannot accept that it is Drifter.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath

- Drifter - Drifter

varahamihira

Dear List members,Wha! t are the effects of Tapaswi Yoga. Does it matter, in which house this yoga is formed.~ Drifter"Sanjay Rath" <srathvarahamihira To: <varahamihira >Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithiTue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:33 +0530Om Gurave Namah----Dear Zoran,Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and dejection (with! Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation. That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red) gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath - ahimsa varahamihira Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Dear Visti, How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstrac! t thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ... best wishes, Zoran OM TAT SAT Archive: varahamihira Files: varahamihira varahamihira/database

Guest guest

Dear Gurudeva,

Pranaams.

I was actually surprised when You allowed all pending applicants into the classroom without being accepted by a Guru. My idea was that we should expect some personal commitment from the students before we hand the knowledge over to them. Otherwise these email lists suit very much those who want to hide their idenitites and just steal some knowledge. So I'm still unclear about what are the benefits of just allowing anyone to the Varahmihira classi without his chart being checked by a Guru and his being communicated to on a personal level. Even with this I don't have really nice experiences. I accepted about 15 student last year, and only about 5 of them remained in active exchange either with me or on the list. The rest just disappeared. What should we do about this?

Your shishya,

Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer <gauranga Phone: +36-309-140-839 Jyotish Remedies: WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET

- Drifter - Drifter

varahamihira

Dear List members,What are the effects of Tapaswi Yoga. Does it matter, in which house this yoga is formed.~ Drifter"Sanjay Rath" <srathvarahamihira To: <varahamihira >Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithiTue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:33 +0530Om Gurave Namah----Dear Zoran,Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and dejection (with Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation. That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red) gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath - ahimsa varahamihira Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi Dear Visti, How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstract thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ... best wishes, Zoran OM TAT SAT Archive: varahamihira Files: varahamihira varahamihira/database

Guest guest

HARE RAMA KRISHNA

Dear Gurudev and Gauranga!

I was thinking that the old process of selection is followed in including

the students in this list. I am quite unclear, whether all those students

who joined the list are students of SJVC also!

Regards

Sarajit

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Gauranga Das wrote:

> Dear Gurudeva,

>

> Pranaams.

>

> I was actually surprised when You allowed all pending applicants into the

classroom without being accepted by a Guru. My idea was that we should expect

some personal commitment from the students before we hand the knowledge over to

them. Otherwise these email lists suit very much those who want to hide their

idenitites and just steal some knowledge. So I'm still unclear about what are

the benefits of just allowing anyone to the Varahmihira classi without his chart

being checked by a Guru and his being communicated to on a personal level. Even

with this I don't have really nice experiences. I accepted about 15 student last

year, and only about 5 of them remained in active exchange either with me or on

the list. The rest just disappeared. What should we do about this?

>

> Your shishya,

>

> Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer

> <gauranga

> Phone: +36-309-140-839

> Jyotish Remedies:

> WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET

Om Gurave Namah

> ----

> Dear 'Drifter'

> What is your name, and why can't you sign it? I cannot accept that it is

Drifter.

> With Best Wishes,

> Sanjay Rath

>

>

> -

> Drifter - Drifter

> varahamihira

> Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:22 PM

> Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Punya tithi

>

>

> Dear List members,

>

> What are the effects of Tapaswi Yoga. Does it matter, in which house this

> yoga is formed.

>

> ~ Drifter

>

>

> " Sanjay Rath " <srath

> varahamihira

> <varahamihira >

> Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:50:33 +0530

>

>

> Om Gurave Namah

> ----

>

> Dear Zoran,

> Mana is only the Dwara or the Door to Hari. That is the concept behind

> Hari-Dwara or Hari-Mandira (called Harmandir in Punjabi). That is not the

> goal. Open this door by curtailing the desires. Thus Ketu is a malefic as it

> curses the Mana that does not follow this path like Ganapati who cursed the

> Moon to wax and wane. Ketu eclipses the Mana and causes great sorrow and

> dejection (with Saturn of course) that are associated with renunciation.

> That is why Saturn+Ketu give Tapaswi Yoga. When does someone undertake such

> severe penance? When is the mind steered towards Godhead?

>

> Viswamitra the giver of the great Gayatri took to Tapasya out of anger when

> he was defeated by Vasistha. This frustration (ketu) and anger (Infra-red)

> gives the tremendous energies for Tapasya.

> With Best Wishes,

> Sanjay Rath

>

>

> -

> ahimsa

> varahamihira

> Tuesday, July 24, 2001 1:57 AM

>

>

> Dear Visti,

> How can Ketu be malefic for the Mind. It is through mind that we realize

> the Goal of Life.... Ketu is significator for deep and abstract

> thinking, logic and mathematics. The mind is the most important thing

> for spiritual goal. That is why guru is exalted in chandra sign, where

> he exibits the fullest Dhi Shakti. Ketu thus must be the fullest benefic

> for the mind, since it takes it to the Lord... For other matters, it is

> malefic, since it is significator for death and body destruction. For

> mind it is benefic. Do explain what you thought ...

> best wishes,

> Zoran

>

>

> OM TAT SAT

> Archive: varahamihira

> Files: varahamihira

> varahamihira/database

>

>

>

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah----Dear Gauranga,

Nothing. All archers cannot be Arjuna and all teachers cannot be Dronacharya. Forget forgive and keep walking... With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath

- Gauranga Das

varahamihira

Wednesday, August 01, 2001 1:13 AM

Dear Gurudeva,

Pranaams.

I was actually surprised when You allowed all pending applicants into the classroom without being accepted by a Guru. My idea was that we should expect some personal commitment from the students before we hand the knowledge over to them. Otherwise these email lists suit very much those who want to hide their idenitites and just steal some knowledge. So I'm still unclear about what are the benefits of just allowing anyone to the Varahmihira classi without his chart being checked by a Guru and his being communicated to on a personal level. Even with this I don't have really nice experiences. I accepted about 15 student last year, and only about 5 of them remained in active exchange either with me or on the list. The rest just disappeared. What should we do about this?

Your shishya,

Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer <gauranga Phone: +36-309-140-839 Jyotish Remedies: WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET

- Drifter - Drifter

varahamihira