IndiaDivine.org

[Hare Rama Krishna] your mail

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah----Dear Sarajit,

This method is DEFINITELY NOT CORRECT. This is the Bhava Lagna and not the Lagna. There is a difference between the elliptical path and its circular counterpart.With Best Wishes,Sanjay Rath

- Sarajit Poddar

Vivek Sharma

Cc: varahamihira

Friday, August 17, 2001 4:41 PM

[Hare Rama Krishna] Re: your mail

Hari Aum Tat SatDear Vivek!About basics of Jyotish, the first book you should have is Brihat ParasariHora Shastra by Santhanam. You can also have PVR Narasimha Rao's Vedic Astrology- an integrated approach for basics.You might get disheartened by the calculations and complexities involvedin both mathematical and applied astrology, but with persistent effortthings will get clear. Keep trying and do regular meditation.About the ascendant. There is a very simple procedure, not accuratethough. Find the degree of Sun at Sunrise time. Then calculate the timepassed from the Sunrise to the Birth of the native. Move from the Sun'sposition @ 2hrs per sign and the native's ascendant will be the pointwhere you will stop when the counting is over. For example. The sunrise time of a place is 5:20 AM and the native's birthis 2:10 PM. What is the time difference of the Sunrise and Native's birthtime 8hrs 50 min. Let the Sun's longtide at sunrise is 10deg of Libra.Count from 10deg of Libra @2hrs/ Sign. In 8hrs the Lagna will move toAquarius 10deg. In the remaining 50min the Lagna will move50*30/120=12.5deg. Adding 12.5deg to 10deg Aquarius, we will get 22.5degaquarius. Hence the Ascendant becomes 22.5deg of Aquarius.This method is not accurate as the the Rising time of Signs are notuniformly 2hrs. i.e., the Lagna doesn't move through all the signs at auniform rate or 2hr. This is only an approximation. The rising time thesigns vary with the latitude.I hope this is enough for the time being. Ponder over the method I gave,things will get clearer.....I am forwarding the mail so that others beginners can also understand thecalculation of Lagna or the Ascendant.RegardsSarajitOn Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Vivek Sharma wrote:> Hi Sarajit, > > > I am Vivek Sharma and I am also with HCL Insys. PSO> Noida. Presently, i am on a project in UK, into SAP> implementation. > > I am trying to learn Astrology and have d to> Sanjay Rath's Classes. From there only, I got ur mail> ID. From your mails, it seems you have learnt a lot. > > Can you suggest me some good books to start with ? I> have one Book - Indian Predictive Astrology by Gopesh> Kumar Ojha, but I could not understand the chapter on> calculation of ascendant sign. I am lost, at this step> only. > > In which division of PSO are you working and you are> on which project. > > > Please reply. > > > regards> Vivek > > > > > > =====> Vivek Sharma. > > vivecksharma > > > Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Messenger> http://phonecard./> OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraFiles: varahamihiravarahamihira/database