IndiaDivine.org

[Hare Rama Krishna] Assignment -Q1.2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay-ji,

Thanks for your guidance on Q1.1 and please accept my attempt a Q. 1.2. I enjoyed studying about about Sri Aurobindo and his chart. I look forward to reading some of his works.

Full text of Savitri-- his epic poem of spirituality is available online at : http://savitribysriaurobindo.com/toc.html for interested members.

Time is given as around 1 ghati before sunrise ie around 4:49 am which is Aquarius navamsha, but Jupiter in the lagnamsa is a better explanation for this prolific author/philosopher and mystic.

In the rasi, Cancer rises with an exalted Jupiter and a debilitated Mars that is both a Guru-Mangala yoga and a strong dharma-karmadhipati yoga involving the 9th and 10th lords. This produces an individual that is righteous, devoted and whose energies are channeled into dharmic path.

AK is Mercury, the natural significator of speech and scholarship is placed in the second house of speech and classical learning along the lord of the second house and venus. This explains his vast study of literature and languages. In the Navamsa, the AK is placed in the 11th house ( again like Sanjay-ji ‘s chart) perhaps indicating occult knowledge and success in his endeavors. The 12th from the karakamsa is unoccupied and it’s lord Venus is placed in a rajasic sign, Gemini , indicates that Lakshmi is the ista devata.

According to Maharishi Jaimini, great authors are produced by moon and jupiter in swamsa. Sri Aurobindo has jupiter in the lagnamsa with an exalted moon (mind) trining in the 5th. . The moon in trine to lagnamsa can give knowledge of yoga philosophies and Mecury as the karakamsa can give knowledge to interpret texts and literature.

Mercury being the AK has the goal for bringing moksha. Struggles should come during the it’s periods in the vimshotari dasa. Aurobindo did not have a mercury MD but it seems that he was imprisioned in 1908 when he was running Moon/Mercury MD/AD and had his first Divine Vision.

I’m sure I missed many key points, but with my limited knowledge this what I could come up with.

I await for your comments and those of more learned jyotishis.

Your sishya,

Karen