IndiaDivine.org

Avastha Lesson: Excercise 2(attempt)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vyam Vysadevaya Namaha------------------------

Dear Gurus and List, Namaste.

Please accept and correct my attempt at the excercise 2 of the Avasthas Lesson.

Bellow is a screen-dump of the Sayanadi Avastha Calculations for my own chart: 21st Nov 1981, 6:22:22 AM, +3 East, Nairobi, Kenya(36e49, 1s17).(Chart Attached).

Lahiri Ayanamsa has been used.

No

Name

Lagna

L

Jamna Nak

M

Ghati

G

Name

va

Graha

Avastha

Avastha No.

Keywords

Strength

Su

Sabhaa

Being at an assembly

Dristhi

Mo

Bhojana

Eating

Chesta

Ma

Bhojana

Eating

Chesta

Me

Gamana

Going (on the move)

Chesta

Ju

Gamana

Going (on the move)

Dristhi

Ve

Bhojana

Eating

Dristhi

Sa

Sayana

Lying down, resting

Chesta

Ra

Gamana

Going (on the move)

ViChesta

Ke

Sabhaa

Being at an assembly

ViChesta

Keywords and comments for each avastha bellow:

Su

Helps others, possesses wealth, gems and lands, virtous, very strong, affectionate and kind.

Sun is lord of 10th, in Parivartana with lord of Lagna(mars), indicating that Sun will take on the effects of Mars, however its state won't change. Sun in Sabhaa Avastha, shows my charachter as one that likes to learn and listen to the many walks of life.

Mo

[if waxing] Social status, honor, conveyances, wife and daughters, servants;[if waning] these results will be hard to get.

Moon is the Mind(manas), and being in Bhojana Avastha with full-strength, indicates a Mind who wants to gather.

Moon is involved in a Gyana Yoga with Saturn, indicating that my mind wants gather knowledge.

As Moon is also Badhakesh, this Gyana Yoga is saught for selfless purposes.

As this Gyana Yoga falls in 11th house(4th from 8th) this could be knowledge of the occult, i.e. Astrology.

Ma

[if strong] sweet food; [if weak] mean acts, dishonorable.

Its said that malefics in Bhojana Avastha ruin the house its posited in. Mars is in 10th house, and has taken the effects of Karmapaka, so it won't ruin its own house, but may ruin anyone else who associates with this house. i.e. fighting(mars) anyone who seeks to take its place, in the house of carreer and siddhi.

Me

Visits the courts of kings frequently, wealthy.

Mercury is in Gamana Avastha, indicating that the disposition i take towards learning, is an active one.. especially as Mercury has full strength.

Mercury lords 8th and 11th, so the learning will give fruits of occult practice and knowledge.

Mercury is in 12th joining 2nd, and 5th lord; Jupiter, showing a sureshot combination for astrology, so Astrology will bring this occult practice & knowledge.

Ju

Brave, many friends, scholar, wealthy.

Jupiter is also in Gamana Avastha with Mercury, showing the active disposition towards the same.. allthough Jupiter is only with medium strength, i spend alot of time "preaching" astrology to newcomers. Jupiter aspects Arudha Lagna with both Graha and Rasi Dristi, which makes many people percieve me as a scholar.

Ve

[debilitated] wealthy, respected by scholars; [else] distressed due to hunger, diseases, fear from enemies.

Venus in Bhojana Avastha, with medium strength, is in 2nd house, in parivartana with 2nd lord Jupiter. So Venus takes on the effects of the 2nd lord, thus countering the evil influences as lack of food, hunger etc. This could however make one fond of eating, and tend to overeat as well.

Sa

Hungry, thirst, diseases in childhood, wealthy later.

Saturn is in Sayana Avastha, and has full strength. So my disposition towards all kinds of work, is relaxed and layed-back. As Saturn lords 3rd and 4th houses, this work is related to the actual initiation of action and home-enviroment. The effects are that the native will be troubled by lazyness in early life, but learn to work hard later in life.. Thats when the Gyana Yoga will come. Keep in mind that i'm also suffering from a Kala Amrita Yoga, restricting much of my effort.

Ra

Many children, scholarly, wealthy, charitable and honored by a king.

Rahu is in Gamana Avastha, and has no strength. Rahu is atmakaraka, but as theres Kala Amrita Yoga, Ketu takes his place until the Yoga has matured(45). When it matures, my souls disposition will change from a more listening, awaiting state, to a more active-seeking state.

Rahu is in 9th house showing that the place of this activity is spirituality, and the results will give fortunes to the 4th house(happiness). However Rahu in 9th is Marana Karaka Avastha, which ruins the happiness due to spirituality/philosophy.

As Aqua also has Upapada and Arudha Lagna, self image will be ruined as well as marriage.. Rahu is also joined with Darapada, which could be due to advice of colleagues, or affairs.

As 2nd from Navamsa Lagna is unoocupied and lorded by merc, i doubt affairs will happen.

Maybe i'll be reborn with retro-Saturn or retro-Jup.

The Keywords given for Rahu, however shows auspicious results, as that being honored by the king? As Rahu in 9th promotes adharma, and is also in Badhaka Sthana, this is unlikely.

Nevertheless I should wear yellow saffire on Dharma-finger on right hand.

Ke

Garrulous, proud, misery, licentious, skillful in evil subjects.

Ketu is in Sabhaa Avastha, with no strength. Ketu has taken the place of the souls disposition for now, and gives my soul a more listening, awaiting posture. Hence the teachings recieved will be used to perform action(3rd house), and as theres Kala Amrita Yoga, Ketu will do so through the associations of spiritual people.

As Ketu lords Lagna and Rajya Pada, this will bring fortune to the charachter, and social status. As Ketu also is Maha Yogada, it will sure bring these indications.

With that, I give you my attempt for the Avastha-Lesson, Excercise 2, and hope to recieve many corrections and comments on the same.

Om Tat Sat

Best wishes, Visti.