IndiaDivine.org

Rising Navamsa is the 8th from natal lagna [SJVC Hyd-bad - 2nd meeting]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste Sanjay ji,

While searching for an answer for your comment: Did you note that the rising Navamsa is the 8th from natal lagna. What does the shastra say about this? I came across the following passage from one of your mailsthat I had downloaded.

The sign in the second house from the Navamsa Lagna as viewed in the rasi chart, shall be the focus for the past Karma of the native to fructify in this life. For example, if the Navamsa Lagna is in the 11th house from Natal Lagna, then the second from this is the sign in the 12th house from Natal lagna. this deals with Moksha and Jaimini accordingly prescribes spirituality and Moksha.

Is it what you wanted us to study?

If yes, then in the Chart that we were studying, the 2nd house from the Rising Navamsa - in the Rasi chart - will be the 9th house, thereby indicating Religiousness, Spirituality, etc. as the focus from the past karma - the mission of the native in this life.

Is it correct?

Incidentally, during my further study of the same chart – and while confirming some facts, I came to know that the Time-of-Birth given was off by 24 hours. The correct DOB was midnight of 2/3 Sep. [ I have attached the corrected chart]

With this new DOB/TOB, some important charges in the chart are:

Graha Malika Yoga has been broken, as MO shfts from Lagna to 2nd house. Shift of MO creates a Gaja Kesari Yoga, as it is now in an angle from JU® – which is in 11th house. Rising Navamsa moves to 9th from Natal Lagna – hence the focus – mentioned above –shifts to 10th house – the house of Karma.

Please confirm my observations and oblige.

With sincere Regards,

Please be kind enough to find some time to reply to my this mail - my several earlier mails are still waiting for your attention. [ I am taking the liberty of pasting the last one below.

Shailesh

In one of your mails to us, you had mentioned , "Did you note that the rising Navamsa is the 8th from natal lagna. What does the shastra say about this?". Presuming that you are referring to Rasi Tulya Navamsa method, I have made an extensive search, but could not find any explanation for Navamsa Lagna corresponding to 8th house of Rasi chart although there are explanations for planets placed in Navamsa corresponding to 8th house of Rasi chart, which is variously described as randramsa or nidhanamsa (by Zoran & CSPatel).

With reference to your another mail, in reply to Vishwanathan’s query regarding results of Lagna & Paka Lagna being the same, I had reposted my following queries, reg:

1. Exchange between Lagna Lord & Paka Lagna Lord

2. Exchange between Lagna Lord & Arudha Lagna Lord

3. Conjunction of Paka Lagna & Arudha Lagna

4. Lagna Lord also being Chara Atma Karaka

5. Conjunction of Chara Atma Karaka & Natural Atma Karaka

6. Natural Atma Karaka being Badhakesh

In the same vein, some other queries that I have are:

7. 5th lord in Lagna & 9th lord in 5th house & A5 in 9th house & A9 in Lagna

QUERIES REG. MY OWN CHART:

1.1 Since there are 4 planets in Kendras (incl. Lagna), is Tara Dasa applicable in my case?

1.2 If yes, which is more relevant: Lagna-Vimsottari Dasa or Tara Dasa, or both?

2. However, the overlapping of Naryana-dasa of GE and Vim-dasa of ME makes it an important span in my life - as I had mentioned earlier, I advanced from TA to GE Narayana Dasa, on Feb 8, 2002; in Vim-dasa (lagna based), I will complete SA maha-dasa and enter ME maha-dasa in Dec, 2003.

In particular, I have studied my chart in light of your following comments:

Shail: Does it [Dasa rasi also hosts A5, A7 & A11, along with HL & GL, with rasi lord being 9th from it] hold the promise of gain of higher/spiritual knowledge(A5), co-operation/ joint-venture (A7) and (monetary) gains (A11) - along with manifestation of results of HL & GL - through own Karma (rasi lord in 9th from rasi). (but this will be contrary to the next point)

RATH: ACCESS TO MONEY AND POWER DOES NOT PROMISE PERSONAL WEALTH AND POWER. I MAY KNOW THE KING, BUT IF HE IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME, WHAT IS THE USE? REMINDS ME OF KABIR - BADA HUA TO KYA HUA JAISE PEED KHAJUR; PATHIK KO CHHAYA NAHIN DE PHAL LAGE ATI DUR.

Shail: Will JU's placement in 12th from Dasa rasi help in spiritual rise

RATH: NO. THIS IS A PERIOD MORE FOCUSED IN MATERAIL SUSTENANCE OF THE FAMILY - KETUNAAM KULASYA UNNATIM.

RATH:: God is unlikely to spoil you! Mercury would be waiting to do just that - Pamper you with all things and thus "Spoil you". I like the disciplene of Saturn.

You have mentioned: ACCESS TO MONEY AND POWER DOES NOT PROMISE PERSONAL WEALTH AND POWER.

Since the Rasi-lord, ME, casts rasi-drishti on Lagna, and is a maha-yogada, I would think that the ‘fruits’ will accrue to ‘self’.

You have mentioned: THIS IS A PERIOD MORE FOCUSED IN MATERIAL SUSTENANCE OF THE FAMILY - KETUNAAM KULASYA UNNATIM.

Since GE, being the 9th house, is the most important trine in the dharma Trikona, and is also Mantra-pada, occupied by KE and has argala of JU, I considered it to be indicative of important spiritual growth. Of course, being occupied by GL, HL, A7 & A11 and aspect of another maha-yogada MA, material benefits, power & fame are also indicated, as also A3, A9 & A10 in 5th from it promise aggressive growth in career – aided by maha-yoga karaka SA, who is also dispositor of the Rasi-lord ME.

In D-1, GE is 9H with its 9L me in 5H, and 5L SA is exalted in Lagna – thus the Dharma Trikona is totally inter-connected and GE is the most important house in this chain.

GE has 30 SAV points and its lord ME 54.

Further, GE is also Mantra pada and deb. KE occupies GE – both indicating spiritual gains.

OTOH, GE in 6th from AL and Paka-lagna and 7th from Varnada Lagna.

On materialistic side, GE is my GL & HL, and also Dara-pada and Labha-pada – all indicators of materialistic gains.

Furthermore, the rasi-lord, ME, casts rasi-dristi on Lagna – thus making it the stongest yogada of the chart.

If we consider aspects, MA casts 8th aspect on GE, whereas RA & Varnada Lagna in SG and Mrityu-pada in VI cast Rasi-dristi. MA is 2L & 7L, posited in 2H – SC and is a Kevala-yogada [rasi aspect on MO & lagna lord VE and 8th aspect on HL & GL], but is itself subject to kartari of two natural malefics, SA in 1H & RA in 3H – but also gets direct aspect of JU (vipareet Raj-yoga karaka) from 8H, and rasi aspect of SU, VE & MO.

WRT agralas, since KE occupies GE, agralas will be considered anti-clockwise. Accordingly, GE has unobstructed 2nd argala from JU and 4th argala from PI/Sri Lagna. 11th argala of LE, occupied by Glk & Mnd is obstructed by MO and 5th argala of rasi-lord ME is obstructed by its dispositor, exalted SA.

In D-9, GE in 7H occupied again by deb. KE (vargottama) along with GL, and is 5th from AL, 12th from Paka Lagna.

GE has 34 SAV points and its lord ME 54.

However, on the one hand, its rasi-lord is placed in CP & A6, in 8th from it. On the other hand, ME is aspected by Maha-yogada JU and Sri Lagna.

It is aspected by deb. VE (maha-yogada) from VI, and Mantar-pada, HL & Mnd from SG and Dara-pada & Kashta-pada from PI.

WRT agralas, (anti-clockwise), 2nd argala from exalted MO is obstructed by exalted JU, 4th argala from PI/A2 & A8 is obstructed by deb. Maha-yogada VE, 11th argala of LE, occupied by SU, MA, A7 & A11 is unobstructed and 5th argala of SA is again un-obstructed.

You said: God is unlikely to spoil you! Mercury would be waiting to do just that - Pamper you with all things and thus "Spoil you". I like the discipline of Saturn.

As I read it, GE is aspected by A8, both in D1 & D9, and ME is connected to A6, in D1 through aspect and in D9 through conjunction- hence it cannot be a smooth sailing, especially with RA in badhaka sthana, although debilitated. And, ME is 12th from AL in D9.

This association of A6 & A8 combination with GE & ME threatens with several obstacles & ill-health - if true, where does the pampering and spoiling of ME come in?

ME also has a mixed virodh-argala from VE & SU in 12 from it, and no planet in 2nd, whereas the 4th argala of JU is obstructed by strong MA and 5th papa-argala of KE is obstructed by another exalted malefic, SA. [Will the RYKaraka SA cause a malefic papa-argala???]

[if I may add – Vim maha dasa of SA made me do all the things that I never wanted to do - contrary to the discipline that SA should have given]