IndiaDivine.org

Syllables

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya,

Dear Sanjay,

Please, do not take any of this to your heart. We are just trying to learn...

Now, shani and rahu and cluster of graha transting your 4th house from Chandra

will give oversensitive and some depressed thoughts. Your teaching is blessed by

Guru, and that is in your CHART! I have seen many pundits but have chosen and

would choose you ever..

OM TAT SAT

Zoran

Sanjay Rath wrote:

> Om Vishnave namah

> ------------------------

> Dear Narasimha & all Jyotisha in this list:

>

> Narasimha wrote:

>

> > > TREEN IS NOT A NAME. IN FACT THE LESSON WAS BASICALLY ABOUT NAMES

> > AND

> > > SIMPLE MANTRA WHICH I WAS TRYING TO TEACH.

> >

> > Whether we are discussing a name or a general word is immaterial. The

> > heart of the matter is - what combination of sounds qualifies as

> > akshara? Its definition cannot change from general words to names.

> >

> > Whether in the name " Brendan " or in the word " treen " , the last

> > sound " n " is the same and pronounced the same way. Are you saying

> > that the same sound counts as akshara (imperishable) in one word and

> > as kshara (perishable) in the other? If not, are you saying

> > that " treen " is two aksharas/syllables and Vyasa erred?

> >

> > The bare sound " n " , when alone, cannot even be pronounced. How can

> > such a perishible entity be considered as an akshara?

>

> Rath: Erratic pronunciation does not change the mantra. For example the mantra

'namah shivaaya' is pronounced by many as 'nama shivaay' and such an erratic

pronunciation does not change the efficacy of the mantra nor the greatness and

compassion of Mahadeva in saving the worshipper. Almost everyone I have met at

Delhi used to say 'om namo narayanay' and that does not change the goodnes of

Vishnu in coming to save him. The greatness of prasiddha mantra lies in the

greatness of the mantra devata. The sounds are but hollow creators like Brahma

unless they are infused with the life force of the mantra devata.

> In a similar manner, the names of people have the people themselves as the

Devata. The Devata is the one who shall respond to the name and people

themselves are taught to respond to names. The response may or may not be good

depending on the nature of the name/devata. For example, when Raghu (Goravani)

called you Narasingha, you would give detailed explanations on correct

pronunciation. Now, fact remains that it was you who responded to the name

Narasingha also. But the fact of a slight incorrect pronunciation does not alter

the name by which your fortune is determined. This is the essense. While all the

arguments are in one place, the essence is more important.

> >

> > > I HAVE ALSO WARNED THE JYOTISHA IN THIS LIST ABOUT BEEJAKSHARA'S.

> >

> > So, according you, does the sound " Phat " used in mantras have two

> > aksharas or one?

> Rath: Phat is a beejakshara and is an astra. It is not a name nor does it have

a mantra devata. You should differentiate between hollow words and those with a

life force in them. Names of people have the life force of the person himself.

Names of institutions have the life force of the head of the institute. It is

for this reason that the chart of a king attains significance as the good or bad

the subjects shall face shall also be the prarabdha of the king.

>

> Please read this:

> By the way, I would like to know what are the wrong things that I have been

teaching. After K.N.Rao & gang, you are the second person to have accused me of

this. It is important that I correct myself first before I go on to teach

further. Yesterday, I did not go to teach at the Salwan School, Karol Bagh and

instead Sarajit and others came over and requested me to teach them the Udu

dasa. I think all my teachings can be wrong and request all of you to review it

for yourself and reject it if you are not satisfied. The list of teachings

(which were not known before my entry to the public eye) are as follows:

>

> 1. Use of divisional charts - starting with the dasamsa (A.M, Feb 1996) and

going into various divisions as given in COVA etc. Saptamsa, drekkana where you

actually see the sex and nature of children, co-born etc, dwadasamsa with

detailed use for parents, elders

> 2. Pachakadi sambandha

> 3. Narayana Dasa

> 4. Su dasa

> 5. Shoola Dasa (what was used was generally Navamsa dasa, although Sri

Rangacharya had already taught this in the AM)

> 6. Nakshatra & other divisional deities, Ista devata, palana devata, Kula

devata, Guru devata and so many other issues related to spirituality including

Drig dasa.

> 7. Vimsottari variations & Udu dasa (the philosophy of the dasa & use)

> 8. Paryaya dasa in Shastamsa

> 9. Rudramsa & its use, mandooka dasa

> 10. Janma Vighati Graha for sex determination in chart

> 11. Details of death including place, determination of lagna of killer etc.

> 12. Kouluka & diseases

> 13. The foundation of Jyotish - Deva's (published in Digest, May 2002)

> 14. Tithi Pravesha Chakra

> 15. Tithi Ashtottari dasa

> 16. Use of Tithi's for timing dates & events

> 17. Arudha - Both Bhava pada & Graha Pada, determination of lagna of spouse,

enemy etc. Explanation for the difference between the truth and untruth.

> 18. Argala - its determination & use

> 19. Varnada & its use

> 20. Chara Karaka & the 8 petal lotus of hinduism.

>

> ...the list is exhaustive and all this in a period of 5 years from 1996 to

2001. I think I am going very fast and need to slow down. The kind of reactions

of wrong teahing etc come when either (a) the teaching is wrong or (b) the

student is not able to give the time for the subject or © it is just beyond

him. Either way none benefit.

>

> I hope your study at Varahamihira was beneficial. Please do the evaluation

seriously as this is necessary. Nobody benefits from half hearted or doubtful

attempts.

> With regards & thank you for your time

> Sanjay Rath

>

>

> OM TAT SAT

> Archive: varahamihira

> Files: varahamihira

> varahamihira/database

>

>

>

Guest guest

Namaste Sanjay ji and all other Gurus & Jyotisha in this list,

I hope it is not too presumptuous on my part to intervene, as I may be among the junior-most members of this list, who hopes, one day', to make a meaning-full contribution to this list.

For that to happen, I, and all the new-comers like me, need the benevolent blessings of all the Gurujis, and their invaluable teachings and guidance.

As almost all of us have realised, no amount of reading books, or scriptures, will not help unless we have the loving guidance of our Gurus - which is a unique feature of this list.

It is only in this group one finds that the Gurus, led by Sanjay ji, so self-lessly share their knowledge with total novices, and answer their silly and repetitive questions with utmost patience.

It will be a great loss of Jyotish in particular, and Indian heritage in general, if this teaching was to stop, or even pause, for whatever reason.

Harsh expressions, perceived or uttered, can not break the deep & divine bond that exists between Guru and Shishya.

I am sure all the eager shishyas on this list join me to request Sanjay ji to continue to bless us with his divine knowledge - and hope that we all turnout to be 'Su-patra's - capable recipients who absorb this knowledge and put it to proper use.

If I may, I also want to say that I do not agree to Narayan Iyer's suggestion of stopping new lessons.

How can one imagine of stopping the flow of 'Amrita' - we all new members eagerly look forward to these lessons. Please do not stop these at any cost.

This is my humble request and suggestion.

With sincere regards,

Shailesh

-

"Sanjay Rath" <srath

<varahamihira >

Monday, May 13, 2002 8:08 AM

[Hare Rama Krishna] Re: Syllables

> Om Vishnave namah> ------------------------> Dear Narasimha & all Jyotisha in this list:> > Narasimha wrote:> > > > TREEN IS NOT A NAME. IN FACT THE LESSON WAS BASICALLY ABOUT NAMES> > AND> > > SIMPLE MANTRA WHICH I WAS TRYING TO TEACH.> >> > Whether we are discussing a name or a general word is immaterial. The> > heart of the matter is - what combination of sounds qualifies as> > akshara? Its definition cannot change from general words to names.> >> > Whether in the name "Brendan" or in the word "treen", the last> > sound "n" is the same and pronounced the same way. Are you saying> > that the same sound counts as akshara (imperishable) in one word and> > as kshara (perishable) in the other? If not, are you saying> > that "treen" is two aksharas/syllables and Vyasa erred?> >> > The bare sound "n", when alone, cannot even be pronounced. How can> > such a perishible entity be considered as an akshara?> > Rath: Erratic pronunciation does not change the mantra. For example the mantra 'namah shivaaya' is pronounced by many as 'nama shivaay' and such an erratic pronunciation does not change the efficacy of the mantra nor the greatness and compassion of Mahadeva in saving the worshipper. Almost everyone I have met at Delhi used to say 'om namo narayanay' and that does not change the goodnes of Vishnu in coming to save him. The greatness of prasiddha mantra lies in the greatness of the mantra devata. The sounds are but hollow creators like Brahma unless they are infused with the life force of the mantra devata.> In a similar manner, the names of people have the people themselves as the Devata. The Devata is the one who shall respond to the name and people themselves are taught to respond to names. The response may or may not be good depending on the nature of the name/devata. For example, when Raghu (Goravani) called you Narasingha, you would give detailed explanations on correct pronunciation. Now, fact remains that it was you who responded to the name Narasingha also. But the fact of a slight incorrect pronunciation does not alter the name by which your fortune is determined. This is the essense. While all the arguments are in one place, the essence is more important.> >> > > I HAVE ALSO WARNED THE JYOTISHA IN THIS LIST ABOUT BEEJAKSHARA'S.> >> > So, according you, does the sound "Phat" used in mantras have two> > aksharas or one?> Rath: Phat is a beejakshara and is an astra. It is not a name nor does it have a mantra devata. You should differentiate between hollow words and those with a life force in them. Names of people have the life force of the person himself. Names of institutions have the life force of the head of the institute. It is for this reason that the chart of a king attains significance as the good or bad the subjects shall face shall also be the prarabdha of the king.> > Please read this:> By the way, I would like to know what are the wrong things that I have been teaching. After K.N.Rao & gang, you are the second person to have accused me of this. It is important that I correct myself first before I go on to teach further. Yesterday, I did not go to teach at the Salwan School, Karol Bagh and instead Sarajit and others came over and requested me to teach them the Udu dasa. I think all my teachings can be wrong and request all of you to review it for yourself and reject it if you are not satisfied. The list of teachings (which were not known before my entry to the public eye) are as follows:> > 1. Use of divisional charts - starting with the dasamsa (A.M, Feb 1996) and going into various divisions as given in COVA etc. Saptamsa, drekkana where you actually see the sex and nature of children, co-born etc, dwadasamsa with detailed use for parents, elders> 2. Pachakadi sambandha> 3. Narayana Dasa> 4. Su dasa> 5. Shoola Dasa (what was used was generally Navamsa dasa, although Sri Rangacharya had already taught this in the AM)> 6. Nakshatra & other divisional deities, Ista devata, palana devata, Kula devata, Guru devata and so many other issues related to spirituality including Drig dasa.> 7. Vimsottari variations & Udu dasa (the philosophy of the dasa & use)> 8. Paryaya dasa in Shastamsa> 9. Rudramsa & its use, mandooka dasa> 10. Janma Vighati Graha for sex determination in chart> 11. Details of death including place, determination of lagna of killer etc.> 12. Kouluka & diseases> 13. The foundation of Jyotish - Deva's (published in Digest, May 2002)> 14. Tithi Pravesha Chakra> 15. Tithi Ashtottari dasa> 16. Use of Tithi's for timing dates & events> 17. Arudha - Both Bhava pada & Graha Pada, determination of lagna of spouse, enemy etc. Explanation for the difference between the truth and untruth.> 18. Argala - its determination & use> 19. Varnada & its use> 20. Chara Karaka & the 8 petal lotus of hinduism.> > ...the list is exhaustive and all this in a period of 5 years from 1996 to 2001. I think I am going very fast and need to slow down. The kind of reactions of wrong teahing etc come when either (a) the teaching is wrong or (b) the student is not able to give the time for the subject or © it is just beyond him. Either way none benefit.> > I hope your study at Varahamihira was beneficial. Please do the evaluation seriously as this is necessary. Nobody benefits from half hearted or doubtful attempts.> With regards & thank you for your time> Sanjay Rath> > > > >

Guest guest

Vyam Vysadevaya Namah

-------------

Dear Gurudeva, Namaste.

If i have understood the discussions correctly, the shastra used to analyse names is different from the shastra used to analyse mantras?

Best wishes, Visti.

p.s. I can't figure out the Gulik-Saturn correction for Adhana Charts!