IndiaDivine.org

Syllables

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OHM SHRI RAGAVENDRAYA NAMAH

JAYA JAGANNATHA

Pranaam Gurudeva,

I think it is not the right transit period to discuss serious issues like this. That is why Narasimha mentioned that he cannot accept your wrong teaching in other subjects. That is perhaps he is very strong in that subject as he mentioned. Nevertheless, he is your sisya and as you mentioned in one of the old mails when you both discussed about Hora, ".....Those mails are very raregems that come when one discusses a point with a very advanced Sisya like Narasimha, else a person like me is always very alone in a world of my own....."

We, all your sisyas (including Narasimha), think that this a discussion or argument to get Amritam out of you. But, this is not the right time. Narasimha is the only sisya, who churns the milky ocean (you) to get the nectar. But at times we may get the Aalakala also.

Narasimha once mentioned that he is having difference of opinion with you in many matters, but when the time passes, one by one he is accepting your side of the argument and one among them is the Hora calculation. If anybody pose the arguments as raised by Narasimha in the Hora discussion, we sisyas have the answer to reply to those people. Similarly, if any learned Sanskrit scholar ask questions as raised by Narasimha, when we apply your Akshara lesson, we need to answer them.

As I mentioned in a recent mail to you, there is no question of right or wrong in your teachings. We can count the sand in seashore, but we cannot count the number of controversies in the world of astrology. The only solution is to believe in Guru and trust that the God is showing the wisdom through that Guru and accept his teachings. But, at the same time we need to get the answers for the arguments like one made by Narasimha in order to argue with the outsiders of SJVC, who will question your teachings.

So, if we have done anything to get you upset, please forgive us. But, you are a rare Nakshatra who is destined to preserve and teach a vanishing precious knowledge. So, you have a very long way to light up many ignorant students and let this small incident do not slow down your pace.

Thanks

Your sisya

Solaikannan

Sanjay Rath [srath]13 May 2002 5:38 AMvarahamihira Subject: [Hare Rama Krishna] Re: SyllablesOm Vishnave namah------------------------Dear Narasimha & all Jyotisha in this list:Narasimha wrote:> > TREEN IS NOT A NAME. IN FACT THE LESSON WAS BASICALLY ABOUT NAMES > AND> > SIMPLE MANTRA WHICH I WAS TRYING TO TEACH.> > Whether we are discussing a name or a general word is immaterial. The > heart of the matter is - what combination of sounds qualifies as > akshara? Its definition cannot change from general words to names.> > Whether in the name "Brendan" or in the word "treen", the last > sound "n" is the same and pronounced the same way. Are you saying > that the same sound counts as akshara (imperishable) in one word and > as kshara (perishable) in the other? If not, are you saying > that "treen" is two aksharas/syllables and Vyasa erred?> > The bare sound "n", when alone, cannot even be pronounced. How can > such a perishible entity be considered as an akshara?Rath: Erratic pronunciation does not change the mantra. For example the mantra 'namah shivaaya' is pronounced by many as 'nama shivaay' and such an erratic pronunciation does not change the efficacy of the mantra nor the greatness and compassion of Mahadeva in saving the worshipper. Almost everyone I have met at Delhi used to say 'om namo narayanay' and that does not change the goodnes of Vishnu in coming to save him. The greatness of prasiddha mantra lies in the greatness of the mantra devata. The sounds are but hollow creators like Brahma unless they are infused with the life force of the mantra devata. In a similar manner, the names of people have the people themselves as the Devata. The Devata is the one who shall respond to the name and people themselves are taught to respond to names. The response may or may not be good depending on the nature of the name/devata. For example, when Raghu (Goravani) called you Narasingha, you would give detailed explanations on correct pronunciation. Now, fact remains that it was you who responded to the name Narasingha also. But the fact of a slight incorrect pronunciation does not alter the name by which your fortune is determined. This is the essense. While all the arguments are in one place, the essence is more important. > > > I HAVE ALSO WARNED THE JYOTISHA IN THIS LIST ABOUT BEEJAKSHARA'S.> > So, according you, does the sound "Phat" used in mantras have two > aksharas or one?Rath: Phat is a beejakshara and is an astra. It is not a name nor does it have a mantra devata. You should differentiate between hollow words and those with a life force in them. Names of people have the life force of the person himself. Names of institutions have the life force of the head of the institute. It is for this reason that the chart of a king attains significance as the good or bad the subjects shall face shall also be the prarabdha of the king. Please read this:By the way, I would like to know what are the wrong things that I have been teaching. After K.N.Rao & gang, you are the second person to have accused me of this. It is important that I correct myself first before I go on to teach further. Yesterday, I did not go to teach at the Salwan School, Karol Bagh and instead Sarajit and others came over and requested me to teach them the Udu dasa. I think all my teachings can be wrong and request all of you to review it for yourself and reject it if you are not satisfied. The list of teachings (which were not known before my entry to the public eye) are as follows:1. Use of divisional charts - starting with the dasamsa (A.M, Feb 1996) and going into various divisions as given in COVA etc. Saptamsa, drekkana where you actually see the sex and nature of children, co-born etc, dwadasamsa with detailed use for parents, elders2. Pachakadi sambandha3. Narayana Dasa4. Su dasa5. Shoola Dasa (what was used was generally Navamsa dasa, although Sri Rangacharya had already taught this in the AM)6. Nakshatra & other divisional deities, Ista devata, palana devata, Kula devata, Guru devata and so many other issues related to spirituality including Drig dasa.7. Vimsottari variations & Udu dasa (the philosophy of the dasa & use)8. Paryaya dasa in Shastamsa9. Rudramsa & its use, mandooka dasa10. Janma Vighati Graha for sex determination in chart11. Details of death including place, determination of lagna of killer etc.12. Kouluka & diseases13. The foundation of Jyotish - Deva's (published in Digest, May 2002)14. Tithi Pravesha Chakra15. Tithi Ashtottari dasa16. Use of Tithi's for timing dates & events17. Arudha - Both Bhava pada & Graha Pada, determination of lagna of spouse, enemy etc. Explanation for the difference between the truth and untruth.18. Argala - its determination & use19. Varnada & its use 20. Chara Karaka & the 8 petal lotus of hinduism....the list is exhaustive and all this in a period of 5 years from 1996 to 2001. I think I am going very fast and need to slow down. The kind of reactions of wrong teahing etc come when either (a) the teaching is wrong or (b) the student is not able to give the time for the subject or © it is just beyond him. Either way none benefit.I hope your study at Varahamihira was beneficial. Please do the evaluation seriously as this is necessary. Nobody benefits from half hearted or doubtful attempts.With regards & thank you for your timeSanjay RathOM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraFiles: varahamihiravarahamihira/database