that chakra. Mooladhara, ruling from the base of the spine and the legs

would be stimulated by forward bending asanas, standing and balancing

postures. This is especially true if pranayama and visualization of the flow

of pranic accompanies the asana.

Best Wishes,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sarbani and all,

I am also following this thread with interest but I should clarify that I was merely suggesting a model with no verified knowledge. Since then Lakshmi Kary has informed me that Sanjay Guru has spoken about chakras briefly at the West Coast USA conference. I am copying what she wrote below and supports the 7th to 1 model you proposed.

"Sanjay made reference in two lectures regarding the chakras in his lecture on Drig dasa cd #4 he describes the chakras correspond with the houses on the "visible" side of the horoscope and that the 4th heart falls where the 10th house is,

Starts from second half of 7th house and goes up through visible half to 2nd half of 1st house.

Each chakra area also corresponds to a loka."

Hope this helps

Best Wishes,

Karen

Dear Sanjay,Thanks for mentioning this. I have been following this thread with considerable interest as we too in Delhi have been taught to map the bhavas,lokas, planets and the chakras from the 7th to the 1st house. The 7th house being the Bhu loka, or Mrityuloka, and hence cause of the rebirth. This representation is different from what Karen and Sarajit talked about, implying that there must be multiple modes of representation.Best regards,Sarbanivarahamihira , "sanjayprabhakaran <sprabhakaran@s...>" <sprabhakaran@s...> wrote:> Om Namah Shivaya> Om Sri Gurave Namah,> > Dear Laxmi, Sarajit, Karen and others,> Thank you all for such great posts.> My point is given at the end marked SP:> > > Sarajit: This is infact interesting to note, that you have started > the counting of the chakras from Virgo and as appropriate given the > rulership of the Mooladhara chakra to Mercury. However, this doesnot > fall in the natural scheme of the zodiac. We know, where the chakras > fall in the body from the head to the base of the spine. Hence, the > sequence of the chakras shall follow that order.> > > > Now I said that it follows the natural order or the anga division > of the kalapurusha as this is something which shows that we are > similarly built in the frame of the kalapurusha and we share similar > traits and potential. In fact as you have aptly said, when we become > ONE or NONE, there is no difference between I and THEE as there is no > differentiation.> > > > > > > > Now Karen has righly pointed out that Sagittarius to Pisces rules > the lower limb namely the Thighs, Knees, and so on. So Scorpio shall > be the last sign which shall rule the lowestmost chakra, namely > Mooladhara. Now this is well known that Scorpio is the house of all > hidden energies which is shown by the shakti of the Kundalini. Now as > you have said Kundalini, rises in a reverse direction. If we take > scorpio, even our reverse calculation is Justified as one of the co-> ruler of Scorpio is Ketu, and is the serpent representing the > kundalini. Ketu can always show reverse counting of the zodiac as the > kundalini moves from the base of the spine to Sahasrara.> > > > > > > > Lakshmi: Sarajit, there is no dispute about Virgo being an earth > sign ruling Mooladhara. If you take into account the lordships > assigned to each Chakra, you see that the order given below me makes > more sense.> > > > > > > > Mercury-Mooladhara> > > > Venus-Swadhisthaana> > > > Mars-Manipura> > > > Jupiter-Void> > > > Moon/Saturn-Anahata> > > > Saturn-Visudhhi> > > > Jupiter-Aagyna> > > > Sun-Sahasraara> > > > > > > > The Kalpurusha vibhajana is obviously based on the child-birth > process. What emerges first is the head, then comes the face etc and > the body of the child is revealed in the zodiacal order. > Interestingly, a child is born head first or upside down…like > Kundalini. That is the natural inclination. > > > > > > > > Kundalini or yoga talk about inner processes more than about > physical manifestations, like head or shoulders etc. Kundalini > resides at the "base" of Mooladhara and Yoga is like Yaaga in which > yogic fire is kindled to turn and press Kundalini continuously > upwards and onwards. Upward thrust is the nature of fire and not of > water, so the beginning of Kundalini yoga more aptly starts from Leo > than from Scorpio.The first star of Leo is Magha, ruled by Ketu and > Leo is the fire sign, ruled by Sun, who is never retrograde, > indicating that the jeevatma has to continually rectify its retro-> action and follow the direction of the soul through the narrow & > straight path of Sushumna nadi till it reaches Sahasraara. You find > this combination of Ketu and fire a recurrent theme in all gandantas. > Now can you tell me what that signifies? > > > > > > > > Sarajit: If you say that Manipura Chakra is the seat of Mantra > Vidya and hence Scorpio is more suited then I shall counter that > Mantra shastra is better signified by Mercury as he lords the speech > and Mantra shastra is all about speech, whether or not expressed! > Moreover, saying Scorpio as Brahma Nabhi is not appropriate. The > sandhis between the Water and the Fire signs are the Brahma nabhis > and not any sign. Infact, I liked the way you have used the term > nabhi to show independent existence and severence from the main body > (may it be mother). Infact Water shows end of creation (Pralaya), > however again is a main component from the creation occurs, after > Fire gives the necessary energy. So the nabhis can also indicate the > end of one life and > > start of another. Infact there is a strong link between the length > of human life and that of the arc of the nabhis. We know that the arc > of the nabhis are 120deg. If we take the principle of progression as > mentioned in Manu Smrti, that each day of Deva (Sun) equals 1 year > for human, then Sun's > > transit from one nabhi to another one, charts out the maximum > longevity of humans.> > > > Again the nabhi region is governed by the sign Virgo, so don't you > think that Manipura is better signified by Virgo, where Mercury gets > exalted. > > > > > > > > Lakshmi: Manipura chakra is the seat of mantra vidya and you know > that all sound originates first at Nabhi (Manipura-Scorpio)and only > after it passes through Akaasa tattwa (Jupiter-Sagittarius-Void) it > becomes audible. So says Vishnu Purana. Each sound has in it the > primal power of Pranava the First Sound and is a beejakshara. The > power of Mantra is oordhwamukha like the agni…it has the power to > take one upwards. Mars is Agni, whereas Mercury is Prithvi.> > > > > > > > Manipura Chakra is also the seat of creation of Brahma and Brahma > vidya as Brahma sprung from the navel of Vishnu. Manipura chakra is > ruled by Mars and Gurudeva in his Vedic Remedies in Astrology has > clearly stated so. Even the colour of Manipura chakra is stated as > Blood Red (Rakta VarNa), clearly pointing to Mars.> > > > > > > > Sarajit, I referred to the gandanta points as Brahma Nabhi and not > to Scorpio. These points do indicate an break and a new beginning. > > > > > > > > Sarajit: Coming to Anahata or the seat of the Bagavan, how can > Bhagavan be seated > > where it gets debilitated. Even if you maintain that "Capricorn-> Cancer axis is the axis of rebirth…the seat of our desires and the > root of our karmas... that continue to seed countless incarnations", > Cancer is more aptly sweated more, for two reasons, one this sign > rules the heart > > (Hrdaya Padma), where the lord seats and secondly, this is the sign > where Jup (Bhagavan- Mahavishnu) gets exalted. Abhijit is infact > important because, this falls in the 10th house and this the place > where we are guided towards the right action by Vishnu and not fall > below. Hence here the action is more important than the love for the > Bhagavan, which emerges out from the > > heart (Cancer).> > > > > > > > > > > > Lakshmi: Have you forgotten that when Sun enters Makara, Uttarayana > the most auspicious period starts? And, just before Makara > Sankranti, in Dhanurmaasa (when Sun transits Sagittarius), Vaikunta > Ekadasi comes, when the doors of Vaikunta open. While the Haridwar is > in Sagittarius, the actual Hari sits in Capricorn. Abhijit is ruled > by Hari…I quote Guruji again from his book on Vimsottari Dasa. And, > Hari is always Action, Sarajit. He's the One who comes countless > times to perform karma that would reinstate dharma. By the way, why > does the Bhagavan(Jupiter) get exalted in the nakshatra owned by > Saturn?> > > > > > Sarajit: If Rahu can do so much of damage being the lord of > Aquarius, what he can do > > where he gets exalted, in the 3rd house of natural zodiac and the > most > > un-clean house. Gemini is more suited as its lord rules the speech > and the > > sign rules the neck and arm region (Below the face).> > > > Now it is important to note that when the shakti is moving from > Agna to > > Sahasrara, one is moving from Maya to Satya. Now this I think can > be shown > > by movement of shakti from Taurus, where Moon gets exalted to > Aries, where > > Sun gets exalted. After the Shakti reaches Sahasrara, the > consciousness > > ceases to exist shown by the brahma nabhi (between end of Aries and > start > > of Pisces in reverse) which shows the severence of bodily > consciousness. > > Here the starting point of Aries shows the, ending of the > cosciousness of > > Independent existence, shown by the zodiac. Is there a significance > of Sun > > being so close of the Brahma Nabhi, in Lord Sri Rama's chart? Is > there some > > significance of placement of different planets in one of these > chakras?> > > > Lakshmi: The movement from Maya to Satya starts at the base of > Mooladhara and not just from aagyna to Sahasraara. And, as I have > already stated, birth is retro…always going back to past lives to > justify present one. Kundalini is meant to straighten it and forward > it to Light, so the counting for the kundalini needs to be direct and > not in the reverse. > > > > > SP: I was thinking about both the scheme. i.e taking the 7(or6) > chakras from > A) Scorpio to Aries> B) Virgo to Aries> > I tend to agree to both. I saw Gurudev telling in Ukiah conference > for mapping the zodiac to loka's he reflected the zodiac across the > Aries-Libra axis.> > Then gave the various 7 UPPER(+this) lokas > Bhur,Bhuva,Swaha,Maha,Jana,Tapa,Satya to > Libra,Scorpio,Saggittarius,Capricorn and Aries.> > The actual traversal kundalini on physical self would be from Scorpio > to Aries. > > This reversal in physical self could be because of Reversing nature > of Ketu. Who rules kundalini.> > Maybe when a yogi overcomes each chakra he could enter different loka.> This each chakra could be each of the shadripu?> Since Sc to Aries entirely falls in the 2 nabhi of Manushya and > rakshasa. Does it indicate that only these two categories need to > develop the kundalini?.> > > Warm Regards.> S.PrabhakaranHare Rama KrishnaArchive:varahamihiraFiles:varahamihiravarahamihira/database