Books on Mantra principles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Gurus and learned members

Given the latest threads here, relating to Mantra, can someone

suggest any books on Mantrasastra which explains the principles to be

used in the choice of a mantra and how to relate it to charts?

Please note I am looking for looking for books which offer an

explanation on logic in the choice of mantras and not a compendium of

mantras.

Best wishes

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Dear Kasturi,

You may also like to try Mantra Maharnava and Taittiriya Mantrakosh in addition to Mantra Mahodadhih. I assume you must already be having VRA. Personally, I prefer the Maharnava to the Mahodadhih, as I find the latter to be exclusively geared towards tantrik practise. The Maharnava also has a better and a more extensive collection of mantras and dhyanas. But again thats a very personal opinion. The Taittiriya Mantrakosh is an appendage of the Yajur Veda and has all the suktam and vedic prayers in one place. Its a fantastic collection. Since you stay in Chennai, and since I know you to be very well versed in mantras and shlokas yourself, you must be knowing a few sources yourself! The jyotish connection with mantras are usually handed down through paramparas...I haven't seen them in books. The method of counting the words, and the aksharas and linking them to the house...the way Narasimha has written in a mail...is what we have also learnt from Sanjay.

Warm regards,

Sarbani

pvr108 <pvr [pvr]Monday, January 06, 2003 1:53 AMvedic astrology Subject: [vedic astrology] Re: Books on Mantra principlesDear Kasturi Rangan,Get "Mantra Mahodadhi".Among the contemporary books, undoubtedly the best is "Vedic Remedies in Astrology" by Pt. Sanjay Rath. For the theory behind mantras and a list of mantras, this is an amazing compilation. Though it sadly has many typos in the actual mantras, I believe Sanjay ji is aware and these will be fixed in future releases.If you are interested in mantra sastra, you should have these two books with you.May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> Om Gurave Namah> Om Namo Narayanaya> > > Dear Gurus and learned members > > Given the latest threads here, relating to Mantra, can someone > suggest any books on Mantrasastra which explains the principles to be > used in the choice of a mantra and how to relate it to charts?> > Please note I am looking for looking for books which offer an > explanation on logic in the choice of mantras and not a compendium of > mantras.> > Best wishes> R. Kasthuri RanganArchives: vedic astrologyGroup info: vedic astrology/info.htmlTo UNSUBSCRIBE: Blank mail to vedic astrology-....... May Jupiter's light shine on us .......