IndiaDivine.org

Varahamihira] Sunrise vs 6 am LMT (Kalachakra)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Gurave NamahDear Narasimha,

Whenever the word "Lagna" is used as a suffix to any word, it implies thetransposition of the "Om Tat Sat" from the Satya peetha i.e. Lagna. Thus,Lagna, Bhava Lagna, Hora Lagna, Ghatika Lagna and Pranapada Lagna are all tobe calculated from sunrise. The aspect of time (Saturn) which obeys this lawof the Sun as the Lord of firmament is Yama (Krittantaka). The other aspectof time is Mahakaala and he does not accept the Sun as the lord. He goesbeyond the solar system and into the heavens where time becomes a linear(circular) function. Thus, in only matters concerning this do I advise theuse of LMT and local noon as the defining point.To your question: "Do you advise that 6 am LMT should be used instead ofSunrise even in the definition of GL and HL (even though Parasara explicitlyused the term sunrise in the definition)?", my answer is No, I don't.What about the Upagraha's? They follow the Grahas and the "Om Tat Sat" ofthe sunrise.This single Mahakaala has done a lot of confusion, but there is no doubtthat this time concept is what is the most rational for something like Horaor hours of the day when men plan their activities.

This should clarfy.

Narasimha, are you following the panchanga these days. You wrote this letter when the terrible Amavasya was in the stars and the Moon has hidden its face in the 'sinful' (only on these days else it is the best place to be in) quarters of Tara after having approached devaguru Brihaspati on the Chaturdasi. Note that the period from Krsna Chaturdasi to Sukla Pratipada is considered a cursed period and only when the Moon begins to show its face from the dwiteeya that the curse is lifted. It is for this reason that no Guru takes a sisya on any of these days i.e. K14, K15 and S01 Tithi's. This is also the reason for not starting the lunar month on Sukla Paksha Pratipada as it is supposed to have the guru's curse (Narasimha Purana descries te incident in detail).

This is also the foundation behind the ISLAMIC HIJRI CALENDAR. That Calendar starts only when the Moon is visible from Sukla Dwiteeya to avoid the curse of Guru, yet tragically we Hindoo's have fallen prey to the AMANTA calendar in most parts of India and suffer from fires, communal disharmony, religious differences etc which are the bane of a negative Jupiter as a mark of its Rudra potential (Rudramsa). Let us all resolve to follow Varahamihira and the Maharishi's in adopting the Suklanta Calendar as used in some parts of India like the Sri Chaitanya 'Gaurabda' calander, etc and bring peace and the blessings of Guru to the world.After all, this is the essence of the Satya Narayana Vrata.

All Jyotish Guru's please note the following carefully:

1. If the sisya comes on Krsna 14 Tithi, then the Guru's marriage and personal life is ruined as this tithi is ruled by Venus having the curse of Shiva and Shiva alone can forgive this terrible sin of destroying the Guru's personal life/marriage.

2. If the Sisya comes in Amavasya Krsna 15 tithi, then the Guru's reputation is ruined as this tithi is ruled by Rahu. he shall suffer ill health and terrible calamity. Worship of Vishnu is the only way to absolve from the sin of bringing dishonor to the guru.

3. If the Sisya comes on Sukla Pratipada, then the Guru suffers penury and financial distress as this tithi is ruled by the Sun. Worship of Lakshmi is the only way out of this mess in guru's life.

The remedies are based on the kalachakra.

This has no link to the discussion but I thought that I should mention this to all Jyotish guru's and the public to know when to approach a Guru for learning. The antardasa of these three planets Venus, Rahu and the Sun should also be carefully checked and avoided for approaching the Guru if these planets are afflicted and related to trine houses.

At the feet of Guru Pandita Kasinatha,I remain,Sanjay RathMail: 71 Vasant Apartments, Mayur Vihar Phase-1, New Delhi 110091, IndiaTel: +91-11-2713201; SJC Web pages: http://.org; Personal Web:http://srath.com----- Original Message -----<pvr<varahamihira >Saturday, February 01, 2003 1:25 AM[sJC: Varahamihira] Sunrise vs 6 am LMT (Re: Kalachakra)> Pranaam Sanjay,>> We had an argument long back on whether weekdays and horas start at> sunrise or 6 am LMT. Below, you say the same thing regarding kaalas> also.>> I have a simple question. Ghatika lagna and hora lagna are also> computed from sunrise. Do you advise that 6 am LMT should be used> instead of Sunrise even in the definition of GL and HL (even though> Parasara explicitly used the term sunrise in the definition)? If> not, what about "people living in Finland, Norway, Alaska etc> rejecting the rationality of Vedic Astrology"? The same criticism> applies here.>> I hope you will answer this question.>> May Jupiter's light shine on us,> Narasimha>> > Om Gurave Namah> > ----> > Dear Prabhakaran,> > Use 6 AM, else the people living in Finland, Norway Alaska etc> will reject> > the rationality of Vedic Astrology. Some recent suggestion has> been only to> > use sunrise and not sunset ..I have thought on this and as we go> to the> > poles, the prayer of Shandili to stop the Sun for rising for many> months> > weems to work.> > With Best Wishes,> > Sanjay Rath> >> > Sanjay Prabhakaran [s.prabhakaran@h...]> > Saturday, August 04, 2001 2:15 PM> > varahamihira > > Re: [Hare Rama Krishna] Kalachakra> >> > Om Gurave Namah> > Pranaam Gurudev and Jyotishas,> > I was trying to write a Web Page utility to> > calculate Rahu Kalam for a given day.> > I was having doubt as to whether the> > day has to be divided by 8 from Sunrise to> > Sunset or from 6AM to 6PM LMT.> > Can you please clear this doubt.> > Your Shishya> > S.Prabhakaran>>>> Hare Rama Krishna> Archive:varahamihira> Files:varahamihira> varahamihira/database>>>