IndiaDivine.org

Varahamihira] Varahamihira] Nisheka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Dhira,

Le me first thank you for producing these charts which are quite rarely obtainable.

I would like to correct your statement regarding: "adding to the longitude of the 9th house".

Fact is that the natural gestation period is synchronous with the Lunar Return (not lunar month). The Lunar return lasts ~27,3 days (hence the reason for 27+ nakshatras) and 10 of such returns (273) constitutes the natural gestation period of a human being.

This needs to be corrected to 8 Lunar Returns (218,4), incase of premature birth.

The difference in degrees (expunging signs) between Shani and Gulika will reveal the needed correction to the natural gestation period. This needs to be added or subtracted depending on whether Lagna lord (in natal) is in Drusya or Adrusya Rasi's respectively.

Note. Now that you have the birthtime, you can correct the adhaana time, more acurately.

Best wishesVisti---Sri Jagannath Center: http://.orgBhagavad Purana: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.orgiTRANS 99 Font: http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org

-

"d. b. buit" <dewavrat2000

<varahamihira >

Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:29 AM

[sJC: Varahamihira] Re: Varahamihira] Nisheka

> > Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya> > Dear Shri Dhir Krishna Das,> Pranam,> > Thank you for your explanation. In case of finding the adhana lagna from> the birth time how you will proceed? will you follow the same mehod in> reverse order? In Jaimini Sutras there is a mention of Ravis trimsamsa.> For this there is given that the days after MC in which the ravi in gurus> trimsamsa gives the maximum chances of pregnancy. My difficulty is In> reckoning the ravis timsamsa which chart is to be taken, Birth chart or The> first or the fifth day of MC in question. Thanks again for your lucid> explanation. This is my favourite subject of interest and I will discuss> my difficulties with you in details.> > Yours> > Dewavrat Buit> -> "Dhira Krsna BCS" <Dhira.Krsna.BCS> <varahamihira >> Tuesday, February 04, 2003 12:05 AM> [sJC: Varahamihira] Nisheka> > > > Dear Dewavrat,> >> > Hare Rama Krsna!> >> > Today I will explain the calculation for finding out the time of birth> > from the nisheka lagna as given to me by this couple.> >> > 1) Sun sign: the sun sign is obtained by deducting the longitude of 6th or> > 12th lord, whichever house is stronger, from the Hora Lagna. In the> > example, Mars is the lord of the strongest 6th house. Deduct it from Hora> > Lagna and you get the Sodhya Rasi in Aquarius. Sun will be in trines to> > Aquarius, or the trines to the 7th, or in the exaltation/debilitation> > signs of Saturn or Rahu, whichever lord is stronger. Thus we see Pisces> > or Capricorn is excluded, hence the Sun sign at birth was Aquarius.> >> > 2) from the malefic influence on the 8th house, we conclude birth will be> > delayed. Indeed, birth came quite late and had to be induced by medical> > help, though not by caesarean section. The birth was quite heavy and> > lasted for 22 hours. Thus we will see that Sun will be at the end of the> > sign.> >> > 3) Moon sign: count the dwadasamsas which Moon has obtained in nisheka> > lagna chart, note the position of Moon in dwadasamsa, and add the number> > of dwadasamsas to that sign. Thus we see the Moon is in the 3rd dwadasamsa> > and counting from Capricorn that gives Pisces. The Moon sign will be in> > trines to it, or 7th or 12th. Finally it became Aquarius.> >> > 4) The lagna at birth is determined from the portion of lagna transited.> > The lagna was Scorpio, 26°29'. The lagna was a diurnal sign, thus birth> > will be in the daytime. Count the duration of day from sunrise to sunset,> > and equal that to 30°. The birth lagna will be determined by the portion> > of nisheka lagna, thus at the end of day, which gave a Leo lagna.> >> > The longitudinal distance between birth lagna (or its 7th) and Moon> > will be more or less same as in nisheka lagna. This is also confirmed> > here.> >> > Now from the birth chart calculating backwards, you get the number of days> > of pregnancy by calculating the longitudinal distance from lagna to the> > cusp of 9th house added by the angular distance between Saturn and Gulik,> > + in case lagna lord is in the invisual half (including 7th house as in> > this case) the degree of the Moon in the sign it occupies. In this case> > this doesn't give sufficient days, thus I think also the degree of the> > lagna had to be added.> >> > Yours,> > Dhira Krsna dasa> >> > Hare Rama Krishna> > Archive:varahamihira> > Files:varahamihira> > varahamihira/database> >> >> >