IndiaDivine.org

RE: |Sri Varaha| please note, for Sanjay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

||Om brihaspataye namah||Dear SarbaniI think some work from your end is awaited. Please read Lakshmi's mail below. You have all the Puranas and all the literature in your persoanl library, so please give us the translation of the installation of Jagannatha, the prayer of Yama, how a little crow gets moksha etc. The 22 steps is crucial to spiritual growth. The best Guru mantras (meant for worshipping the Guru) are in 22 akshara. The sadhaka is supposed to perform a ritual at each step and roll over to the next step i.e. there is a process of cleansing attached to these 22 steps. The number of steps of any temple are very crucial. More after we have that translation.With best wishes & regards,I remainSanjay Rath--------Mail: H-5 B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, IndiaTel:+91-674-2436871, Webpages: http://srath.com-Original Message-----Lakshmi Kary [laksmi_k]Thursday, May 08, 2003 4:01 AMvedic astrology Cc: srijagganath ; varahamihira Subject: |Sri Varaha| please note, for SanjayJagannatha's horoscopeHare KrishnaDear Sanjay,Pranams,I was looking for some peace and was reading a book "The Lilas of Lord Jagannatha", in that book it mentions that Lord Jagannatha's horoscope is read daily. Is this so? If so can you please explain. In the same booklet I read something else which I thought would make a nice astrology class for the jyotisha some day.Someone is asking this question "At the main gate of the Temple there are 22 steps up which one must climb to enter the inner temple.What do they represent? Why 22 in number? Answer given- "Before meeting Lord Jagannatha we must become purified of the 5 worldly fetters, that is,lust,anger,jealousy,greed, and pride.This can be done slowly in steps.The first 5 steps represent the 5 outer sense organs-eyes,ears,nose,tongue,and skin.The next 5 steps represent the inner senses or tan-matras:rupa-sight,rasa-taste,gandha-smell,sabda-sound,sparsa-touch.Then the next 5 steps are the panca maha bhutas,the 5 great elements:earth, water,fire,air and ether.The last two steps represent buddhi or intelligence, and ahankara or false ego,the false conception of the self.One by one all these must be purified before passing into the Inner Sanctum of the temple and meeting Lord Jagannatha. You have touched upon these before but it might be nice to go further ,also it will tie in nicely with the classes planned for the USA conferences.With Best Wishes,andOM TAT SATLakshmi devi|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira