IndiaDivine.org

|Sri Varaha| Dusthanas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jaya JagannathDear Shriram,

Take one more little different case:

Take Aries Lagna, where the 9th lord is placed in the 8th from itself but in Kendra to the lagna. We know that lord of any house in the kendra to the lagna gives strenth to that house. Then what happens with the placement in the dusthana from the 9th itself. How would you interpret it?

Best Wishes

Sarajit

-

"Shriram Srinivasan" <shris1

<varahamihira >

Saturday, May 17, 2003 4:01 AM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

> Om Guruvae Namaha> > Dear Sarjitji,> Namastae!> The following is what came to my mind regarding your query ...> > When the lords placement is in a favourable position from the > house (trine, angle etc) the significance of the house gets enhanced.> > The position of the lord from lagna denotes how the lord > affects/influences the native & what the native does with it. If the > lord is favourable wrt the house and in dustana from lagna "that > significance" is not of much help to the native or the native ignores > it (basically the native himself does not benefit from that > significance).> > Ex:> For a Dhanur Lagna with exalted Jupiter.> Jupiter being in trine to the 4th house will give lot of happiness to > the native but for the native such happiness is not what he wants the > most since the Jupiter is in 8th from Lagna. And in this case A4 also > goes to 12th from Lagna. The native is ready to give away his > happiness too.> > > regards,> Shriram > > varahamihira , "Sarajit Poddar" <sarajit@s...> > wrote:> > Jaya Jagannath> > Dear Jyotisha,> > > > What is the difference between a house lord's placement in a > dusthana from the house and from the Lagna?> > > > Best Wishes> > Sarajit> > >

Guest guest

Om Brihaspataye namah

Dear Sriram,

Dusthana is to be understood as Dusta + Sthana i.e. mischief/naughty/bad

houses. These are the 6th, 8th and 12th house. Each of these has a different

meaning altogether.

1. The 6th house is an upachaya (growth house) as well as a dusthana (bad

house). It shows how a person fights the battles of life and wins or loses.

if he wins, then he grows if he loses then the growth is stunted.

2. The 8th house is also called the Jeeva sthana or the life of the person

and is different from the Deha (health) which is seen from the first house.

This is a dusthana as planets placed herein damage the significations of the

Jeeva. The reason is very simple. Saturn is the karaka for this house and

other than Saturn nobody likes to be here. Even Saturn does not do good when

here other than giving a long life. The others diminish longevity in the

order of their speeds i.e. the Moon being the fastest shows that life

finishes fast i.e. longevity is low. Saturn being the slowest shows that the

life finishes very late i.e. the longevity is high. Thus the speed of the

planet gives us an idea of its impact on longevity.

3. The 12th house is the house of giving as we have discussed so many times

and man being a selfish creature cannot part with money and material things

and is always craving for more. Planets in the 12th force you to give.

In the light of this knowledge take a fresh look at the dusthana placements

of a planet from (a) Its own signs and (b) the Lagna. In the case sarajit

mentioned, the 9th lord Jupiter is exalted and placed in a Kendra from Aries

lagna. So, reckoned from Sagittarius, Jupiter is in the 8th from its sign,

and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death for

their signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.

This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4th

house will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and the

estates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.

With best wishes

Sanjay Rath

---------------------------

H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India

+91-674-2436871 http://srath.com

Shriram Srinivasan [shris1]

Saturday, May 17, 2003 1:32 AM

varahamihira

|Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

Om Guruvae Namaha

Dear Sarjitji,

Namastae!

The following is what came to my mind regarding your query ...

When the lords placement is in a favourable position from the

house (trine, angle etc) the significance of the house gets enhanced.

The position of the lord from lagna denotes how the lord

affects/influences the native & what the native does with it. If the

lord is favourable wrt the house and in dustana from lagna " that

significance " is not of much help to the native or the native ignores

it (basically the native himself does not benefit from that

significance).

Ex:

For a Dhanur Lagna with exalted Jupiter.

Jupiter being in trine to the 4th house will give lot of happiness to

the native but for the native such happiness is not what he wants the

most since the Jupiter is in 8th from Lagna. And in this case A4 also

goes to 12th from Lagna. The native is ready to give away his

happiness too.

regards,

Shriram

varahamihira , " Sarajit Poddar " <sarajit@s...>

wrote:

> Jaya Jagannath

> Dear Jyotisha,

>

> What is the difference between a house lord's placement in a

dusthana from the house and from the Lagna?

>

> Best Wishes

> Sarajit

|Om Tat Sat|

http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

> and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death for> their signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.> This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4th> house will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and the> estates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.> > With best wishes> Sanjay Rath

Om Namo Guru Brihapataye

Namaskar Guruji,

Is this concept modifying the Marana karaka stana ? You said Jupiter or Moon in 8th bring death for the own signs. We know Jupiter in 3rd bring death for the own sign. So 8th as well ?

Thanks

Karu

Guest guest

Jaya JagannathDear Karu/ Gurudev,

In case of Jupiter's 3rd house placement, all the indications of the house ruled by Jupiter suffers, however if Jupiter is placed in 8th from its own house, the living relations (father, mother, child, enemies etc.) ruled by the house owned by Jupiter suffers. This is mostly applicable with benefics like Jup and Moon.

Now why this rule is not applicable to planets other than Jup and Moon. At many places it is mentioned that if the house lord becomes a benefic, then its placement in the 8th from the house is troublesome. Why not the malefics too? Why this maleficence is attributed the most to Jupiter and Moon?

Another question is what happens if a planet is placed in other dusthanas from the house (not necessarily in 8th) from its own house but kendra or trikona from the Lagna?

RegardsSarajit

-

Karu

varahamihira

Sunday, May 18, 2003 8:53 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

> and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death for> their signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.> This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4th> house will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and the> estates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.> > With best wishes> Sanjay Rath

Om Namo Guru Brihapataye

Namaskar Guruji,

Is this concept modifying the Marana karaka stana ? You said Jupiter or Moon in 8th bring death for the own signs. We know Jupiter in 3rd bring death for the own sign. So 8th as well ?

Thanks

Karu|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Om Brihaspataye namahDear karuJupiter is the greatest benefic planet and is the perfect sadhu. He will destroy himself but will not harm others. He does not have any sign of selfishness. That is the reason why He alone is fit to represent Bhagavan in all signs. Moon only 8th and not third.With best wishesSanjay Rath---------------------------H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India+91-674-2436871 http://srath.com--------------------------------Original Message-----Karu [heen]Sunday, May 18, 2003 6:24 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas > and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death for> their signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.> This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4th> house will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and the> estates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.> > With best wishes> Sanjay RathOm Namo Guru BrihapatayeNamaskar Guruji,Is this concept modifying the Marana karaka stana ? You said Jupiter or Moon in 8th bring death for the own signs. We know Jupiter in 3rd bring death for the own sign. So 8th as well ? ThanksKaru|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay,

I agree- but thoughts have to be clear, first, to be spelled out clearly. Not before you gave clarification bellow, was

I aware that my understanding was not correct./ Form accurately reflected lack of clarity/ Thank you for this clarification,

and Sarajit for asking the right question.

I assume that explanation given bellow is valid for other planets- not only Moon and Jup.?

Regards,

Anna

Om Brihaspataye namah

In the light of this knowledge take a fresh look at the dusthana placementsof a planet from (a) Its own signs and (b) the Lagna. In the case sarajitmentioned, the 9th lord Jupiter is exalted and placed in a Kendra from Arieslagna. So, reckoned from Sagittarius, Jupiter is in the 8th from its sign,and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death fortheir signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4thhouse will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and theestates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.

Guest guest

|brihaspatim varenyam|Dear annaNo, all other planets have different shades of Greed. They are greedy and will not let go of their fortunes. They cling to money and material comforts. Only the Moon (compassionate one) and Jupiter (intelligent one) can give without expectations. Look at the way I have given the knowledge that was taught to me..without blinking an eyelid. That was due to the mantra 'Om Gurave namah'Saturn on the other hand will take everything from the person and give it to its signs/houses.~ om tat sat ~Yours truly,Sanjay Rath---------------------------H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India+91-674-2436871 http://srath.com--------------------------------Original Message-----N.Anna [anmar]Monday, May 19, 2003 2:05 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: DusthanasDear Sanjay, I agree- but thoughts have to be clear, first, to be spelled out clearly. Not before you gave clarification bellow, was I aware that my understanding was not correct./ Form accurately reflected lack of clarity/ Thank you for this clarification,and Sarajit for asking the right question. I assume that explanation given bellow is valid for other planets- not only Moon and Jup.?Regards,Anna Om Brihaspataye namahIn the light of this knowledge take a fresh look at the dusthana placementsof a planet from (a) Its own signs and (b) the Lagna. In the case sarajitmentioned, the 9th lord Jupiter is exalted and placed in a Kendra from Arieslagna. So, reckoned from Sagittarius, Jupiter is in the 8th from its sign,and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death fortheir signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4thhouse will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and theestates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

|brihaspatim varenyam|Dear Anna,No no Sri Jagannath cannot be anyones property. It is difficult to accept this concept but not impossible. Thank you for being so kind but I am jus another servant doing my little bit as I have been given the DHARMA of weilding the GURU DANDA (Ketu ninth lord is in Dandaayuddha shastyamsa) and also showing the path (light of fire/Jyoti) to burn the sins as another ninth lord Mars (Agni tatva) is in Daavagni shastyamsa.In which shastyamsa is your ninth lord? If you have JH you can get this immediately.~ om tat sat ~Yours truly,Sanjay Rath---------------------------H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India+91-674-2436871 http://srath.com--------------------------------Original Message-----N.Anna [anmar]Sunday, May 25, 2003 2:26 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: DusthanasDear Sanjay, I've read your message again, and realized that SJC is not only built upon your knowledge and personal qualities, but that it still depends on the same for its sustenance. It's so inseparable from you, that I, and perhaps most of us, take it for granted. Too much so, sometimes, I must admit. Yes, SJC is your 'property' - intellectual, at least.Your 'fault' seems to be that you helped us believe SJC is 'self-produced' self-sustained' and forget how much of assets you/ve brought in. Even under this circumstances, I myself find it hard to get as much of good quality information, as I would need, to keep my growth-requirement pace. Without your mayor contribution, it won't be possible at all. I think it's useful reminder. Your Jupiter works 'overtime', consistently, noncomplaining, but it may be good not to overstretch Jupiter's patience, since that may leave this one with bitter disappointment. Nobody wants that to happen, but you primarily, can prevent that from happening. So that solid SJC structure can continue to be shelter of so many jyotishi. Message to your Jupiter: you'll never be depreciated. Thank You, Sanjay. Anna- Sanjay Rath varahamihira Friday, May 23, 2003 3:53 AMRE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas|brihaspatim varenyam|Dear annaNo, all other planets have different shades of Greed. They are greedy and will not let go of their fortunes. They cling to money and material comforts. Only the Moon (compassionate one) and Jupiter (intelligent one) can give without expectations. Look at the way I have given the knowledge that was taught to me..without blinking an eyelid. That was due to the mantra 'Om Gurave namah'Saturn on the other hand will take everything from the person and give it to its signs/houses.~ om tat sat ~Yours truly,Sanjay Rath---------------------------H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India+91-674-2436871 http://srath.com--------------------------------Original Message-----N.Anna [anmar]Monday, May 19, 2003 2:05 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: DusthanasDear Sanjay, I agree- but thoughts have to be clear, first, to be spelled out clearly. Not before you gave clarification bellow, was I aware that my understanding was not correct./ Form accurately reflected lack of clarity/ Thank you for this clarification,and Sarajit for asking the right question. I assume that explanation given bellow is valid for other planets- not only Moon and Jup.?Regards,Anna Om Brihaspataye namahIn the light of this knowledge take a fresh look at the dusthana placementsof a planet from (a) Its own signs and (b) the Lagna. In the case sarajitmentioned, the 9th lord Jupiter is exalted and placed in a Kendra from Arieslagna. So, reckoned from Sagittarius, Jupiter is in the 8th from its sign,and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death fortheir signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4thhouse will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and theestates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay,

Astrology really works! I have yet to see Jupiter in Pisces, in first or ninth, not being God-fearing and serious about serving higher purpose. /My Pisces 9th greets you/

I have no doubt now that you are giving your knowledge generously, 'without blinking an eyelid'.

On another side of the coin, I've seen the same folks over and over again disappointed over misunderstanding of their 'mission'..But who knows, maybe that's the point.

And beauty of idealistic Jupiter in Pisces.

Here is my offer: 'I am exchanging five 'harsh realities' for one nice illusion.

It would be nice if would tell me more about GURU DANDA and Ketu and Mars role/and position/ in burning the sins- I do not have enough knowledge to enjoy fully in the intriguing imagery of your succinct description.

But I certainly learn from everything you say.

and appreciate your generosity.

Anna

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Monday, May 26, 2003 3:37 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

|brihaspatim varenyam|

Dear Anna,

No no Sri Jagannath cannot be anyones property. It is difficult to accept this concept but not impossible. Thank you for being so kind but I am jus another servant doing my little bit as I have been given the DHARMA of weilding the GURU DANDA (Ketu ninth lord is in Dandaayuddha shastyamsa) and also showing the path (light of fire/Jyoti) to burn the sins as another ninth lord Mars (Agni tatva) is in Daavagni shastyamsa.

In which shastyamsa is your ninth lord? If you have JH you can get this immediately.

~ om tat sat ~

Yours truly,

Sanjay Rath

N.Anna [anmar]Sunday, May 25, 2003 2:26 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

Dear Sanjay,

I've read your message again, and realized that SJC is not only built upon your knowledge and personal qualities, but that it still depends on the same for its sustenance.

It's so inseparable from you, that I, and perhaps most of us, take it for granted. Too much so, sometimes, I must admit. Yes, SJC is your 'property' - intellectual, at least.

Your 'fault' seems to be that you helped us believe SJC is 'self-produced' self-sustained' and forget how much of assets you/ve brought in. Even under this circumstances, I myself find it hard to get as much of good quality information, as I would need, to keep my growth-requirement pace. Without your mayor contribution, it won't be possible at all. I think it's useful reminder. Your Jupiter works 'overtime', consistently, noncomplaining, but it may be good not to overstretch Jupiter's patience, since that may leave this one with bitter disappointment. Nobody wants that to happen, but you primarily, can prevent that from happening. So that solid SJC structure can continue to be shelter of so many jyotishi.

Message to your Jupiter: you'll never be depreciated.

Thank You, Sanjay.

Anna

-

Sanjay Rath

varahamihira

Friday, May 23, 2003 3:53 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

|brihaspatim varenyam|

Dear anna

No, all other planets have different shades of Greed. They are greedy and will not let go of their fortunes. They cling to money and material comforts. Only the Moon (compassionate one) and Jupiter (intelligent one) can give without expectations. Look at the way I have given the knowledge that was taught to me..without blinking an eyelid. That was due to the mantra 'Om Gurave namah'

Saturn on the other hand will take everything from the person and give it to its signs/houses.

~ om tat sat ~

Yours truly,

Sanjay Rath

N.Anna [anmar]Monday, May 19, 2003 2:05 AMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Dusthanas

Dear Sanjay,

I agree- but thoughts have to be clear, first, to be spelled out clearly. Not before you gave clarification bellow, was

I aware that my understanding was not correct./ Form accurately reflected lack of clarity/ Thank you for this clarification,

and Sarajit for asking the right question.

I assume that explanation given bellow is valid for other planets- not only Moon and Jup.?

Regards,

Anna

Om Brihaspataye namah

In the light of this knowledge take a fresh look at the dusthana placementsof a planet from (a) Its own signs and (b) the Lagna. In the case sarajitmentioned, the 9th lord Jupiter is exalted and placed in a Kendra from Arieslagna. So, reckoned from Sagittarius, Jupiter is in the 8th from its sign,and Jupiter or Moon placed in the 8th from their signs indicate death fortheir signs. So, here the relation indicated by Sagittarius wil die early.This is the father. As far as the native is concerned, Jupiter in the 4thhouse will promise properties etc as being the source of fortune and theestates of the father will come to him and give him a fortune to start with.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira