IndiaDivine.org

Treta yuga dasa years (Answer to quiz)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sanjay,

Some ask questions to probe, elevate the level of collective understanding of Jyotish and benefit the Jyotish community. Some ask questions to just insult and satisfy ego.

Just ignore people of the second kind.

In any case, there is an important point you make here, about which I wondered many times.

> As regards years can he say why parasara says that the life of man is 120> years and what is the meaning of this for other yuga where we know that it> is 120/125, 250, 500 and 1000 years. When he gets the answer to this, we> will talk further. Till then kindly spare me. Besides I am sure parasara> also knew this.

If it is 500 years in Treta yuga, why are we still taking the normal Vimsottari years as the reference when computing Rama's Moola dasa? Why aren't we taking Saturn's dasa to be 76 years (as opposed to 19) and applying moolatrikona correction to 76 (as opposed to 19)?

When I asked this earlier, you evaded this question.

You have the right to throw the ball back at us and ask to answer it, but it will be nice if you can give some ideas.

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

Guest guest

JAYA JAGANNATHA!

Dear Jyotisha,

Namaste.

> As regards years can he say why parasara says that the life of man is 120> years and what is the meaning of this for other yuga where we know that it> is 120/125, 250, 500 and 1000 years. When he gets the answer to this, we> will talk further. Till then kindly spare me. Besides I am sure parasara> also knew this.

Why would we take it like this? According to Srimad Bhagavatam, longevity changes like this: 100 years in Kali, 1000 in Dwapara, 10000 in Treta and 100000 in Satya. I have presented evidence to this in my article about time and space in Vedas and Puranas. In the Srimad/Bhagavatam it is stated about Dhruva Maharaja, who is said to have lived in the Satya-yuga:

¢a±-tri°ªad-var¢a-s§hasra° ªaª§sa k¢iti-ma£¨alam

bhogai¤ pu£ya-k¢aya° kurvann abhogair aªubha-k¢ayam

„Dhruva Mah§r§ja ruled over this planet for thirty-six thousand years; he diminished the reactions of pious activities by enjoyment, and by practicing austerities he diminished inauspicious reactions.” (¼r¦mad-Bh§gavatam 4.12.13.)

So it absolutely does not fit the suggested 125/250/500/1000 solar years system. What do you suggest?

Yours,

Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer gauranga Jyotish Remedies: WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET Phone:+36-309-140-839

Guest guest

aià gurursarasvatyai svähäDear GaurangaCan you give me the shloka where the years as 100, 1000, 10000 and 100000 years has been given as longevity? Is it in the Bhagvatam?? strange I missed it. Please give me the canto/text number. This is crucial for some calculations I am doing on brahmavidya.~ om tat sat ~Yours truly,Sanjay Rath---------------------------H-5, B.J.B Nagar, Bhubaneswar 751014, India, +91-674-2436871 http://srath.com --------------------------------Original Message-----Gauranga Das [gauranga]Monday, July 21, 2003 11:06 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Treta yuga dasa years (Re: Answer to quiz)JAYA JAGANNATHA! Dear Jyotisha, Namaste. > As regards years can he say why parasara says that the life of man is 120> years and what is the meaning of this for other yuga where we know that it> is 120/125, 250, 500 and 1000 years. When he gets the answer to this, we> will talk further. Till then kindly spare me. Besides I am sure parasara> also knew this. Why would we take it like this? According to Srimad Bhagavatam, longevity changes like this: 100 years in Kali, 1000 in Dwapara, 10000 in Treta and 100000 in Satya. I have presented evidence to this in my article about time and space in Vedas and Puranas. In the Srimad/Bhagavatam it is stated about Dhruva Maharaja, who is said to have lived in the Satya-yuga: ¢a±-tri°ªad-var¢a-s§hasra° ªaª§sa k¢iti-ma£¨alambhogai¤ pu£ya-k¢aya° kurvann abhogair aªubha-k¢ayam „Dhruva Mah§r§ja ruled over this planet for thirty-six thousand years; he diminished the reactions of pious activities by enjoyment, and by practicing austerities he diminished inauspicious reactions.” (¼r¦mad-Bh§gavatam 4.12.13.) So it absolutely does not fit the suggested 125/250/500/1000 solar years system. What do you suggest? Yours, Gauranga Das Vedic Astrologer gauranga Jyotish Remedies: WWW.BRIHASPATI.NET Phone:+36-309-140-839|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira