IndiaDivine.org

Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks a lot, dear esteemed Professor.It is always a pleasure to discuss such matters of finer detail with one who offers honest and clear answers.Thanks again.Best Wishes,Arunsiha wrote: Hello dear Arun, No. It can give some easy gains, as well. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:26 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Thank you very much, dear esteemed Professor.A question remains...when the lord of the 8th house is influencing the MEP of various houses, especially those dealing with financial gains and status, is this ALWAYS a negative influence? Thanks.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, Off hand I did not remember about the JFK's chart in the book. I did not say that I did not have or have JFK's authenticated data. I just made a general statement. Wherever the situation demands and the available birth data satisfies, the analysis has been offered. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:49 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Ok. The chart for JFK is in the book Astrology for Life, co-written by your esteemed self. If you

felt that the data was perhaps lacking in authenticity, then why include that chart in the book? Why was any analysis offered?The point about the 8th lord bringing easy gains to the 2nd house has been mentioned in the featured analysis.JFK's opponent Richard Nixon's chart w/ Leo ascendant is featured in the book as well. I'm sure Ms. Sonia Gandhi's chart with Cancer rising has been brought up on the list before as well. As she is a central figure on the Indian political scene, I think it's reasonable to presume that predictions have been made regarding her fate as well.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, My computer hard disk for damaged by virus attack and have no record in this regard. It was long back and I donot remember. I do not have the chart of JFK and I generally do not study the chart of leaders for lack of authenticity of birth details. But sometimes I have to participate in discussions for some special points raised on the lists. For example, a point raised by you that the L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his - JFK's longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. As mentioned by you that the L8 was on the MEP of the 8th house itself. It protects the longevity to some extent despite the weakness of the L1 and the significator, Saturn. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:35 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Thank you for your fair and balanced explanation.If you don't mind me asking, which chart for Bill Clinton did you use for making predictions? Was it the 3:44 AM chart? With regards to JFK's chart, the lord of the 8th house is on the MEP of the 8th house and is influencing all houses aspected. L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. L8 afflicts the weak L4, and JFK died in the sub-period of Jupiter. JFK went through all sorts of scandals, health problems, love affairs, etc. during the course of his life. The horoscope clearly shows all of this. And yes, the good influences on L8 curb the ferocity of its afflicting power to some extent. But at the same time Mercury and Jupiter have become utterly weak and severely afflicted. And though Mercury and Jupiter (to some extent) are influencing the 2nd house closely, Mars' impact would be having larger impact overall.JFK won the 1960 US Presidential Elections in the sub-period of Mars causing the above afflictions. Since then there have been many

accusations regarding the legality of the electoral process; Kennedy and his father have been accused of fixing the elections in certain areas (Chicago and its mob scene have been implicated). The sub-period is great for easy gains and can cause these sorts of manipulative deeds, but when it is afflicting the houses of status and gains in life, how does this lead to the throne? Unless this influence is also interpreted as bringing easy gains to the house of status (2nd) and gains in life (11th), the rise in status is not visible during the sub-period of Mars.The issue I've had for a while now is the role of the lord 8th house when closely influencing other planets and houses. Both Clinton and Kennedy had their sexual liasons, scandals, health problems, etc. and those have been very well-documented and are clearly seen via the

negative impact of the 8th lord. Yet they are arguably among the most beloved and celebrated leaders of all time. The positive value of the 8th lord's influence has to be addressed in these charts.With regards to PM Blair's chart, all we can do is continue to observe future events like Vyas has stated. If Aries works better then so be it.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, If the person does not spell out about his/her ownself or what is

being expected then of course the predictions are based on the chart as presented if the ascendant is not in the beginning or in the ending. But in the case of highly placed persons the chart is to be seen from different angles. When I made prediction for Bill Clinton there were about 3 horoscopes in circulation - 2 with different degrees in Cancer ascendant and one in Virgo ascendant. So, I based my prediction on the basis of the one appealed to me. When Mr. Tony Blair's chart came up for discussion and some doubts arose I

studied both the charts and the Aries ascendant chart appeared to me to be more suitable. In Taurus ascendant chart the points brought out by you including the strong third lord and the sixth lords are relevant but the operational main period of Jupiter and the close affliction of Mars in the chart created the doubt. This is the background of the discussions held during the time when Joint Military action was being planned against Iraq. Your views . Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:26 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,I sincerely respect your views. However, if Bill Clinton or John F. Kennedy had presented their charts to you in

private based on the times that have been used many a time when analyzing their charts, could you have predicted that they had the potential to become presidents?I have heard that you have given accurate predictions using the Cancer lagna chart for Bill Clinton that has MMP Saturn right on the MEP of the lagna. John F. Kennedy's chart is prominently featured in the book Astrology for Life under a Virgo ascendant where the lord of the 8th house aspects the MEP of the 11th, 2nd, and 3rd houses. The lord of the 2nd house is combust and so the 2nd house is vulnerable to affliction in the case of JFK.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, The time is not recorded by medical authorities for the purposes of astrology. There is every possibility of a mistake. In some cases even the mother of another child born in the same hospital informed the mother of a child that her child was born at so and so hour which was earlier by one hour of the recorded time. These are facts narrated by people which show scope of descripency in recording the time. Whatever, the merit of Taurus ascendant, it is difficult for a person to become Prime Minister of a country, in my view, after nearly a full spell of the most malefic

planet. The Taurus ascendant with the reported time of birth is afflicted by the functional malefic planet very closely. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday,

September 09, 2006 6:46 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence that the time of birth in question is wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just

because there happen to be afflictions that we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dear C and Arun, If I may chime in... In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential. Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled in the following manner: 1) Give 1-3 predictions of a significant event based on the chart you favour 2) The time span is 1 year 3) An obvious

event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - cosmologer SAMVA Friday,

September 08, 2006 6:20 PM Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Arun,If you insist, I will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not

that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and long standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own

(non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,> > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005

UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite > unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent

than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > > Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > > the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.> > > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.> > > > > > The

influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords. Strong L8 Jupiter blesses > with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his

> > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > > H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but

that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister

> > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour > > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Dear Esteemed Professor,A quick follow up...When a chart is presented to you and there is a non-exact influence of the lord of the 8th house on a non-mooltrikona sign or a weakened planet that rules a house of status or finances, how would you weight the obstructions aspect of things versus the easy gains aspect of things?Is there a specific factor to examine with regards to this?I would think that if the lord of a relevant mooltrikona sign is strong and there is an influence of the 8th lord, the signification of easy gains would be significantly more relevant. However things become trickier when we're dealing with non-mooltrikona signs...Thanks a lot.Best Wishes,Arunsiha wrote: Hello dear Arun, No. It can give some easy gains, as well. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:26 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Thank you very much, dear esteemed Professor.A question remains...when the lord of the 8th house is influencing the MEP of various houses, especially those dealing with financial gains and status, is this ALWAYS a negative influence? Thanks.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, Off hand I did not remember about the JFK's chart in the book. I did not say

that I did not have or have JFK's authenticated data. I just made a general statement. Wherever the situation demands and the available birth data satisfies, the analysis has been offered. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:49 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Ok. The chart for JFK is in the book Astrology for Life, co-written by your esteemed self. If you felt that the data was perhaps lacking in authenticity, then why include that chart in the book? Why was any analysis offered?The point about the 8th lord bringing easy gains to the 2nd house has been mentioned in the featured analysis.JFK's opponent Richard Nixon's chart w/ Leo ascendant is featured in the book as well. I'm sure Ms. Sonia Gandhi's chart with Cancer rising has been brought up on the list before as well. As she is a central

figure on the Indian political scene, I think it's reasonable to presume that predictions have been made regarding her fate as well.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, My computer hard disk for damaged by virus attack and have no record in this regard. It was long back and I donot remember. I do not have the chart of JFK and I generally do not study the chart of leaders for lack of authenticity of birth details. But sometimes I have to participate in discussions for some special points raised on the lists.

For example, a point raised by you that the L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his - JFK's longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. As mentioned by you that the L8 was on the MEP of the 8th house itself. It protects the longevity to some extent despite the weakness of the L1 and the significator, Saturn. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:35 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Thank you for your fair and balanced explanation.If you don't mind me asking, which chart for Bill Clinton did you use for making predictions? Was it the 3:44 AM chart? With regards to JFK's chart, the lord of the 8th house is on the MEP of the 8th house and is influencing all houses aspected. L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. L8 afflicts the weak L4, and JFK died in the sub-period of Jupiter. JFK went through all sorts of scandals, health problems, love affairs, etc. during the course of his life. The horoscope clearly shows all of this. And yes, the good influences on L8 curb the ferocity of its afflicting power to some extent. But

at the same time Mercury and Jupiter have become utterly weak and severely afflicted. And though Mercury and Jupiter (to some extent) are influencing the 2nd house closely, Mars' impact would be having larger impact overall.JFK won the 1960 US Presidential Elections in the sub-period of Mars causing the above afflictions. Since then there have been many accusations regarding the legality of the electoral process; Kennedy and his father have been accused of fixing the elections in certain areas (Chicago and its mob scene have been implicated). The sub-period is great for easy gains and can cause these sorts of manipulative deeds, but when it is afflicting the houses of status and gains in life, how does this lead to the throne? Unless this influence is also interpreted as bringing easy gains to the house of status

(2nd) and gains in life (11th), the rise in status is not visible during the sub-period of Mars.The issue I've had for a while now is the role of the lord 8th house when closely influencing other planets and houses. Both Clinton and Kennedy had their sexual liasons, scandals, health problems, etc. and those have been very well-documented and are clearly seen via the negative impact of the 8th lord. Yet they are arguably among the most beloved and celebrated leaders of all time. The positive value of the 8th lord's influence has to be addressed in these charts.With regards to PM Blair's chart, all we can do is continue to observe future events like Vyas has stated. If Aries works better then so be it.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, If the person does not spell out about his/her ownself or what is being expected then of course the predictions are based on the chart as presented if the ascendant is not in the beginning or in the ending. But in the case of highly placed persons the chart is to be seen from different angles. When I made prediction for Bill Clinton there were about 3 horoscopes in circulation - 2

with different degrees in Cancer ascendant and one in Virgo ascendant. So, I based my prediction on the basis of the one appealed to me. When Mr. Tony Blair's chart came up for discussion and some doubts arose I studied both the charts and the Aries ascendant chart appeared to me to be more suitable. In Taurus ascendant chart the points brought out by you including the strong third lord and the sixth lords are relevant but the operational main period of Jupiter and the close affliction of Mars in the chart created the doubt. This is the background of the discussions held during the time when Joint Military action was being planned against Iraq. Your views . Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:26 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,I sincerely respect your views. However, if Bill Clinton or John F. Kennedy had presented their charts to you in private based on the times that have been used many a time when analyzing their charts, could you have predicted that they had the potential to become presidents?I have heard that you have given accurate predictions using the Cancer lagna chart for Bill Clinton that has MMP Saturn right on the MEP of the lagna. John F. Kennedy's chart is prominently featured in the book Astrology for Life under a Virgo ascendant where the lord of the 8th house

aspects the MEP of the 11th, 2nd, and 3rd houses. The lord of the 2nd house is combust and so the 2nd house is vulnerable to affliction in the case of JFK.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, The time is not recorded by medical authorities for the purposes of astrology. There is every possibility of a mistake. In some cases even the mother of another child born in the same hospital informed the mother of a child that her child was born at so and so hour which was earlier by one hour of the recorded time. These are facts narrated by people which show scope of descripency in recording the time. Whatever, the merit of Taurus ascendant, it is difficult for a person to become Prime Minister of a country, in my view, after nearly a full spell of the most malefic planet. The Taurus ascendant with the reported time of birth is afflicted by the functional malefic planet very closely. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City

II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:46 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence

that the time of birth in question is wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just because there happen to be afflictions that we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dear C and Arun, If I may chime in... In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential. Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled

in the following manner: 1) Give 1-3 predictions of a significant event based on the chart you favour 2) The time span is 1 year 3) An obvious event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - cosmologer SAMVA Friday, September 08, 2006 6:20 PM Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Arun,If you insist, I

will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and long

standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own (non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,>

> C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005 UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite > unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending

degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > >

Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > > the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.> > > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the

lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.> > > > > > The influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords.

Strong L8 Jupiter blesses > with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his > > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the

coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > > H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he

hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister > > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be

frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour > > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new

Mail.> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Dear Arun,

Thanks for the reply. I'll revert separately on this Cn topic - you can I can go on for a long time. :)

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:34 PM

Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year

Dear Vyas,Analyze the presence of mooltrikona signs in various houses and the planets that rule over them for various lagnas and you will find that Aries lagna does not come close to Cancer lagna from a purely status/finances perspective. In fact no lagna does. Virgo lagna comes somewhat close, but then again it is very difficult to avoid afflictions under Virgo lagna.I find that the presence of mooltrikona signs in the 7th or 12th houses is a "wastage of space" factor. In other words, these are houses/lords of luxuries and pleasures and do not contribute well to one's materialistic success. The lords 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 (to some extent), 10, and 11 all play an important role in worldly success in and of themselves.If this point is unclear in any way, please don't hesitate to inquire further.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi Arun,

Re Cn, those are fantastic points. A similar argument can be used for Aries asc.

(Hybrid CAPS replies makes reading easier!)

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:33 AM

Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year

My dear Vyas,Replies are in caps below. I like your style of interjecting caps, so I'm 'borrowing' it if you will :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dearest Arun,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we cannot go on transits alone and I wasn't insinuating such. We must look at the triple transit to understand significant events.CERTAINLY yes.

As far as Cn giving the best potential for worldly success, I haven't looked at enough accurate charts to deduce the same with statistical significance. In my view any ascendant can give fantastic results with the right combinations and the correct dasha sequence.YES, YOU ARE correct, but Cancer has decided advantages over the other lagnas ceteris paribus.Let's break Cancer lagna down MT-sign by MT-sign:1. The sign is royal and fruitful2. The lord of the ascendant is the royal dhanakaraka Moon3. The lord of the 2nd house is the royal planet and king, the Sun4. The lord of the 3rd house is the prince, Mercury5. The lord of the 4th house is the affluent dhanakaraka, Venus6. The lord of the 6th house is the dhanakaraka and wealth significator, Jupiter7. The lord of the 8th house is the natural significator for the 8th house, Saturn8. The lord of the 10th house is the executive planet, MarsCancer is the only ascendant where mooltrikona signs fall in the all-important houses of status 1, 2, and 10. Not only this but the planets doing as such are the three planets of highest status in the planetary cabinet, Moon, Sun, and Mars. Another reason why this is important is that when near any MEP, these planets bring with them the status significations of their mooltrikona signs besides them already being planets of high status.Mercury rules the 3rd house of initiatives. This is neither extraordinary nor less than ideal. When there are mooltrikona signs in the 4th and 6th houses, these planets also play a large role in deciding one's finances/wealth in terms of material asset accumulation and financial stability/healthiness. The planets of wealth Venus and Jupiter rule these houses, which amplifies these houses' favorable results.Saturn rules the 8th house of easy gains, obstructions, inheritance, etc. When near the MEP it is unfavorable for all weak houses and planets influenced, but can confer easy gains in life on multiple house significations as well.The executive planet Mars rules the 10th house and this is a very good thing for attaining leading roles in life if it's strong.Now Cancerians can most definitely be a volatile, moody bunch if the planets are weak. But if the same number of planets are strong and the amount of favorable close influences is comparable between any lagna and Cancer, I would not hesitate to say that the Cancerian can rise higher if the right planetary periods come to fruition.

You are correct - smooth life isn't always the road to great material success. It's noteable that 'true success,' is weighed differently. RIGHT.Anyways, that's a tangential topic and most astro analysis is wrt the material sphere including this one.YES INDEED.

The Professor has stated in his recent reply what I was thinking and most here have experienced - there can be a huge error in recording birth times. My approach is to assume that the reported TOB is innacurate and confirm by examination of key, obvious factors. From then, we confirm by watching the significant events and then venture to predict future ones. Other than that approach, it's an engagement in mental gymnastics.YES YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT IF THINGS STUMP US ON AN INITIAL GLANCE WE SHOULDN'T JUMP THE GUN.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:36 PM

My dear Vyas,The lagnas Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and even Aquarius will generally give a rosier triple transit outlook than the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces ever will. The numbers just say so.If we go based on just transits alone and are seeking to justify a person's success, it is natural to favor lagnas and planetary combinations that contain a higher volume of benefic combinations.Under these guidelines it becomes very difficult to justify the successes of persons born in the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces. Their natal and transit charts will usually pale in comparison to others born under lagnas with fewer FM's.Now, does this mean that they will not prosper to the same extent as the others will in each and every case? In my view wholeheartedly no. Just take a look at John F. Kennedy's chart. Now his untimely death and other health and personal problems are well-documented but he is arguably one of the most famous and even beloved figures that has ever walked on this earth. The lord of the 8th house is causing severe afflictions in his chart. Until and unless you interpret this as representing easy gains in life (but of course manipulations, shady dealings, and obstructions as well) you don't get the entire picture.We've discussed different lagnas and their potentialities in the past. In my view no lagna comes even close to Cancer lagna for the purposes of material/worldly rise, even if the Cancerian has a few but non-exact afflictions. Gemini may seem like the best lagna for success in life, but most Gemini's I know of end up being your run-of-the-mill programmer type. Gemini lagna gives greater potentialities than does Cancer among the FB planets making close conjunctions but the Cancerian in many cases ends up rising higher. Now Gemini will usually give a smoother life than will Cancer, but when trying to comprehend greatness in a chart, is a smooth life always the way to fame and fortune? Just some stuff to chew on...Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Arun,

The only recourse at this time is to watch and predict future events.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:16 PM

Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence that the time of birth in question is wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just because there happen to be afflictions that we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear C and Arun,

If I may chime in...

In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential.

Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled in the following manner:

1) Give 1-3 predictions of a significant event based on the chart you favour

2) The time span is 1 year

3) An obvious event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred)

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

cosmologer

SAMVA

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:20 PM

Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year

Dear Arun,If you insist, I will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and long standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own (non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,> > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005 UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite > unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > > Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > > the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.> > > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.> > > > > > The influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords. Strong L8 Jupiter blesses > with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his > > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > > H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister > > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour > > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.>

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Hello dear Arun,

I add my replies/comments to your questions in your message appended below.

Best wishes,

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:38 AM

Dear Esteemed Professor,A quick follow up...When a chart is presented to you and there is a non-exact influence of the lord of the 8th house on a non-mooltrikona sign or a weakened planet that rules a house of status or finances, how would you weight the obstructions aspect of things versus the easy gains aspect of things?

EASY GAINS DEPEND UPON THE STRENGTH OF THE EIGHTH LORD.

OBSTRUCTIONS ARE SHORT TERM DUE TO TRANSIT AFFLICTIONS.Is there a specific factor to examine with regards to this?KEEPING AN EYE ON TRANSIT.I would think that if the lord of a relevant mooltrikona sign is strong and there is an influence of the 8th lord, the signification of easy gains would be significantly more relevant. However things become trickier when we're dealing with non-mooltrikona signs...JUST FOLLOW THE PRINCIPLES AND IT IS NOT TRICKIER.Thanks a lot.Best Wishes,Arunsiha wrote:

Hello dear Arun,

No. It can give some easy gains, as well.

Best wishes,

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:26 PM

Thank you very much, dear esteemed Professor.A question remains...when the lord of the 8th house is influencing the MEP of various houses, especially those dealing with financial gains and status, is this ALWAYS a negative influence? Thanks.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote:

Hello Arun,

Off hand I did not remember about the JFK's chart in the book.

I did not say that I did not have or have JFK's authenticated data. I just made a general statement.

Wherever the situation demands and the available birth data satisfies, the analysis has been offered.

Best wishes,

www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:49 PM

Dear Esteemed Professor,Ok. The chart for JFK is in the book Astrology for Life, co-written by your esteemed self. If you felt that the data was perhaps lacking in authenticity, then why include that chart in the book? Why was any analysis offered?The point about the 8th lord bringing easy gains to the 2nd house has been mentioned in the featured analysis.JFK's opponent Richard Nixon's chart w/ Leo ascendant is featured in the book as well. I'm sure Ms. Sonia Gandhi's chart with Cancer rising has been brought up on the list before as well. As she is a central figure on the Indian political scene, I think it's reasonable to presume that predictions have been made regarding her fate as well.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote:

Hello Arun,

My computer hard disk for damaged by virus attack and have no record in this regard. It was long back and I donot remember.

I do not have the chart of JFK and I generally do not study the chart of leaders for lack of authenticity of birth details. But sometimes I have to participate in discussions for some special points raised on the lists. For example, a point raised by you that the L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his - JFK's longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. As mentioned by you that the L8 was on the MEP of the 8th house itself. It protects the longevity to some extent despite the weakness of the L1 and the significator, Saturn.

Best wishes,

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:35 PM

Dear Esteemed Professor,Thank you for your fair and balanced explanation.If you don't mind me asking, which chart for Bill Clinton did you use for making predictions? Was it the 3:44 AM chart? With regards to JFK's chart, the lord of the 8th house is on the MEP of the 8th house and is influencing all houses aspected. L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. L8 afflicts the weak L4, and JFK died in the sub-period of Jupiter. JFK went through all sorts of scandals, health problems, love affairs, etc. during the course of his life. The horoscope clearly shows all of this. And yes, the good influences on L8 curb the ferocity of its afflicting power to some extent. But at the same time Mercury and Jupiter have become utterly weak and severely afflicted. And though Mercury and Jupiter (to some extent) are influencing the 2nd house closely, Mars' impact would be having larger impact overall.JFK won the 1960 US Presidential Elections in the sub-period of Mars causing the above afflictions. Since then there have been many accusations regarding the legality of the electoral process; Kennedy and his father have been accused of fixing the elections in certain areas (Chicago and its mob scene have been implicated). The sub-period is great for easy gains and can cause these sorts of manipulative deeds, but when it is afflicting the houses of status and gains in life, how does this lead to the throne? Unless this influence is also interpreted as bringing easy gains to the house of status (2nd) and gains in life (11th), the rise in status is not visible during the sub-period of Mars.The issue I've had for a while now is the role of the lord 8th house when closely influencing other planets and houses. Both Clinton and Kennedy had their sexual liasons, scandals, health problems, etc. and those have been very well-documented and are clearly seen via the negative impact of the 8th lord. Yet they are arguably among the most beloved and celebrated leaders of all time. The positive value of the 8th lord's influence has to be addressed in these charts.With regards to PM Blair's chart, all we can do is continue to observe future events like Vyas has stated. If Aries works better then so be it.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote:

Hello dear Arun,

If the person does not spell out about his/her ownself or what is being expected then of course the predictions are based on the chart as presented if the ascendant is not in the beginning or in the ending. But in the case of highly placed persons the chart is to be seen from different angles.

When I made prediction for Bill Clinton there were about 3 horoscopes in circulation - 2 with different degrees in Cancer ascendant and one in Virgo ascendant. So, I based my prediction on the basis of the one appealed to me.

When Mr. Tony Blair's chart came up for discussion and some doubts arose I studied both the charts and the Aries ascendant chart appeared to me to be more suitable. In Taurus ascendant chart the points brought out by you including the strong third lord and the sixth lords are relevant but the operational main period of Jupiter and the close affliction of Mars in the chart created the doubt. This is the background of the discussions held during the time when Joint Military action was being planned against Iraq.

Your views .

Best wishes,

www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:26 AM

Dear Esteemed Professor,I sincerely respect your views. However, if Bill Clinton or John F. Kennedy had presented their charts to you in private based on the times that have been used many a time when analyzing their charts, could you have predicted that they had the potential to become presidents?I have heard that you have given accurate predictions using the Cancer lagna chart for Bill Clinton that has MMP Saturn right on the MEP of the lagna. John F. Kennedy's chart is prominently featured in the book Astrology for Life under a Virgo ascendant where the lord of the 8th house aspects the MEP of the 11th, 2nd, and 3rd houses. The lord of the 2nd house is combust and so the 2nd house is vulnerable to affliction in the case of JFK.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote:

Hello dear Arun,

The time is not recorded by medical authorities for the purposes of astrology. There is every possibility of a mistake. In some cases even the mother of another child born in the same hospital informed the mother of a child that her child was born at so and so hour which was earlier by one hour of the recorded time. These are facts narrated by people which show scope of descripency in recording the time.

Whatever, the merit of Taurus ascendant, it is difficult for a person to become Prime Minister of a country, in my view, after nearly a full spell of the most malefic planet. The Taurus ascendant with the reported time of birth is afflicted by the functional malefic planet very closely.

Best wishes,

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:46 AM

Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence that the time of birth in question is wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just because there happen to be afflictions that we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear C and Arun,

If I may chime in...

In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential.

Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled in the following manner:

3) An obvious event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred)

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

cosmologer

SAMVA

Dear Arun,If you insist, I will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and long standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own (non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,> > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005 UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite > unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > > Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > > the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.> > > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.> > > > > > The influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords. Strong L8 Jupiter blesses > with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his > > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > > H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister > > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour > > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.>

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

wow this exchange was just brilliant ! i realised i had heaps of learning to do. Thanx to Professor, Arun, Vyas, Cosmologer and everyone. ciao Iver PS: hope we can keep this going as its a great method to learn. siha wrote: Hello dear Arun, I add my replies/comments to your questions in your message appended

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Thank you, dear esteemed Professor.Best Wishes,Arunsiha wrote: Hello dear Arun, I add my replies/comments to your questions in your message appended below. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:38 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,A quick follow up...When a chart is presented to you and there is a non-exact influence of the lord of the 8th house on a non-mooltrikona sign or a weakened planet that rules a house of status or finances, how would you weight the obstructions aspect of things versus the easy gains aspect of things? EASY GAINS DEPEND UPON THE STRENGTH OF THE EIGHTH LORD. OBSTRUCTIONS ARE SHORT TERM DUE TO TRANSIT AFFLICTIONS.Is there a specific factor to examine with regards to this?KEEPING AN EYE ON TRANSIT.I would think that if the lord of a relevant mooltrikona sign is strong and there is an influence of the 8th lord, the signification of easy gains would be significantly more relevant. However things become trickier when we're dealing with non-mooltrikona signs...JUST FOLLOW THE PRINCIPLES AND IT IS NOT TRICKIER.Thanks a lot.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, No. It can give some easy gains, as well. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:26 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Thank you very much, dear esteemed Professor.A question remains...when the lord of the 8th house is influencing the MEP of various houses, especially those dealing with financial gains and status, is this ALWAYS a negative influence? Thanks.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, Off hand I did not remember about the JFK's chart in the book. I did not say that I did not have or have JFK's authenticated data. I just made a general statement. Wherever the situation demands and the available birth data satisfies, the analysis has been offered. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:49 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Ok. The chart for JFK is in the book

Astrology for Life, co-written by your esteemed self. If you felt that the data was perhaps lacking in authenticity, then why include that chart in the book? Why was any analysis offered?The point about the 8th lord bringing easy gains to the 2nd house has been mentioned in the featured analysis.JFK's opponent Richard Nixon's chart w/ Leo ascendant is featured in the book as well. I'm sure Ms. Sonia Gandhi's chart with Cancer rising has been brought up on the list before as well. As she is a central figure on the Indian political scene, I think it's reasonable to presume that predictions have been made regarding her fate as well.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello Arun, My computer hard disk for damaged by virus attack and have no record in this regard. It was long back and I donot remember. I do not have the chart of JFK and I generally do not study the chart of leaders for lack of authenticity of birth details. But sometimes I have to participate in discussions for some special points raised on the lists. For example, a point raised by you that the L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his - JFK's longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. As mentioned by you that the L8 was on the MEP of the 8th house itself. It protects the longevity to some

extent despite the weakness of the L1 and the significator, Saturn. Best wishes, - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:35 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,Thank you for your fair and balanced explanation.If you don't mind me asking, which chart for Bill Clinton did you use for making predictions? Was it the 3:44 AM chart? With regards to JFK's chart, the lord of the 8th house is on the MEP of the 8th house and is influencing all houses aspected. L8 w/ L1 in the 8th itself eroded his longevity besides the weakness of Saturn. L8 afflicts the weak L4, and JFK died in the sub-period of Jupiter. JFK went through all sorts of scandals, health problems, love affairs, etc. during the course of his life. The horoscope clearly shows all of this. And yes, the good influences on L8 curb the ferocity of its afflicting power to some extent. But at the same time Mercury and Jupiter have become utterly weak and severely afflicted. And though Mercury

and Jupiter (to some extent) are influencing the 2nd house closely, Mars' impact would be having larger impact overall.JFK won the 1960 US Presidential Elections in the sub-period of Mars causing the above afflictions. Since then there have been many accusations regarding the legality of the electoral process; Kennedy and his father have been accused of fixing the elections in certain areas (Chicago and its mob scene have been implicated). The sub-period is great for easy gains and can cause these sorts of manipulative deeds, but when it is afflicting the houses of status and gains in life, how does this lead to the throne? Unless this influence is also interpreted as bringing easy gains to the house of status (2nd) and gains in life (11th), the rise in status is not visible

during the sub-period of Mars.The issue I've had for a while now is the role of the lord 8th house when closely influencing other planets and houses. Both Clinton and Kennedy had their sexual liasons, scandals, health problems, etc. and those have been very well-documented and are clearly seen via the negative impact of the 8th lord. Yet they are arguably among the most beloved and celebrated leaders of all time. The positive value of the 8th lord's influence has to be addressed in these charts.With regards to PM Blair's chart, all we can do is continue to observe future events like Vyas has stated. If Aries works better then so be it.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, If the person does not spell out about his/her ownself or what is being expected then of course the predictions are based on the chart as presented if the ascendant is not in the beginning or in the ending. But in the case of highly placed persons the chart is to be seen from different angles. When I made prediction for Bill Clinton there

were about 3 horoscopes in circulation - 2 with different degrees in Cancer ascendant and one in Virgo ascendant. So, I based my prediction on the basis of the one appealed to me. When Mr. Tony Blair's chart came up for discussion and some doubts arose I studied both the charts and the Aries ascendant chart appeared to me to be more suitable. In Taurus ascendant chart the points brought out by you including the strong third lord and the sixth lords are relevant but the operational main period of Jupiter and the close affliction of Mars in the chart created the doubt. This is the background of the discussions held during the time

when Joint Military action was being planned against Iraq. Your views . Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:26 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Esteemed Professor,I sincerely respect your views. However, if Bill Clinton or John F. Kennedy had presented their charts to you in private based on the times that have been used many a time when analyzing their charts, could you have predicted that they had the potential to become presidents?I have heard that you have given accurate predictions using the Cancer lagna chart for Bill

Clinton that has MMP Saturn right on the MEP of the lagna. John F. Kennedy's chart is prominently featured in the book Astrology for Life under a Virgo ascendant where the lord of the 8th house aspects the MEP of the 11th, 2nd, and 3rd houses. The lord of the 2nd house is combust and so the 2nd house is vulnerable to affliction in the case of JFK.Best Wishes,Arunsiha (AT) yournetastrologer (DOT) com wrote: Hello dear Arun, The time is not recorded by medical authorities for the purposes of

astrology. There is every possibility of a mistake. In some cases even the mother of another child born in the same hospital informed the mother of a child that her child was born at so and so hour which was earlier by one hour of the recorded time. These are facts narrated by people which show scope of descripency in recording the time. Whatever, the merit of Taurus ascendant, it is difficult for a person to become Prime Minister of a country, in my view, after nearly a full spell of the most malefic planet. The Taurus ascendant with the reported time of birth is afflicted by the functional malefic planet very closely. Best wishes, www.YourNetAstrologer.comwww.JyotishRemedies121.comA-105, South City II, Gurgaon 122018. (India)Phones: 91 124 - 2219240Mobile 98110 16333 - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:46 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence that the time of birth in question is wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just because there happen to be afflictions that

we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dear C and Arun, If I may chime in... In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential. Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled in the following manner: 1) Give 1-3 predictions of a significant event based on the chart you favour 2) The time span is 1 year 3) An obvious event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - cosmologer SAMVA Friday, September 08, 2006 6:20 PM Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Arun,If you insist, I will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political

power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and

long standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own (non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,> > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005 UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite > unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq

War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > > Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > >

the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.>

> > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.>

> > > > > The influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords. Strong L8 Jupiter blesses > with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his > > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official

birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > > H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in

the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will

quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister > > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be

frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour > > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+

countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make

PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Yes we can, dear Vyas. I truly enjoy the intellectual banter, as do you :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <muni> wrote: Dear Arun, Thanks for the reply. I'll revert separately on this Cn topic - you can I can go on for a long time. :) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - Arun

Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:34 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear

Vyas,Analyze the presence of mooltrikona signs in various houses and the planets that rule over them for various lagnas and you will find that Aries lagna does not come close to Cancer lagna from a purely status/finances perspective. In fact no lagna does. Virgo lagna comes somewhat close, but then again it is very difficult to avoid afflictions under Virgo lagna.I find that the presence of mooltrikona signs in the 7th or 12th houses is a "wastage of space" factor. In other words, these are houses/lords of luxuries and pleasures and do not contribute well to one's materialistic success. The lords 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 (to some extent), 10, and 11 all play an important role in worldly success in and of themselves.If this point is unclear in any way, please don't hesitate to inquire further.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Hi Arun, Re Cn, those are fantastic points. A similar argument can be used for Aries asc. (Hybrid CAPS replies makes reading easier!) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - Arun Rao SAMVA Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:33 AM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year My dear Vyas,Replies are in caps below. I like your style of interjecting caps, so I'm 'borrowing' it if you will :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dearest Arun, Thanks for your reply. Yes, we cannot go on transits alone and I wasn't insinuating such. We must look at the triple transit to understand significant events.CERTAINLY yes. As far as Cn giving the best potential for worldly success, I haven't looked at enough accurate charts to deduce the same with statistical significance. In my view any ascendant can give fantastic results with the right combinations and the correct dasha sequence.YES, YOU ARE correct, but Cancer has decided advantages over the other lagnas ceteris paribus.Let's break Cancer lagna down MT-sign by MT-sign:1. The sign is royal and fruitful2. The lord of the ascendant is the royal dhanakaraka Moon3. The lord of the 2nd house is the royal planet and king, the Sun4. The lord of the 3rd house is the prince, Mercury5. The lord of the 4th house is the affluent dhanakaraka, Venus6. The lord of the 6th house is the dhanakaraka and wealth significator, Jupiter7. The lord of the 8th house is the natural significator for the 8th house, Saturn8. The lord of the 10th house is the executive planet, MarsCancer is the only ascendant where mooltrikona signs fall in the all-important houses of status 1, 2, and 10. Not only this but the planets doing as such are the three planets

of highest status in the planetary cabinet, Moon, Sun, and Mars. Another reason why this is important is that when near any MEP, these planets bring with them the status significations of their mooltrikona signs besides them already being planets of high status.Mercury rules the 3rd house of initiatives. This is neither extraordinary nor less than ideal. When there are mooltrikona signs in the 4th and 6th houses, these planets also play a large role in deciding one's finances/wealth in terms of material asset accumulation and financial stability/healthiness. The planets of wealth Venus and Jupiter rule these houses, which amplifies these houses' favorable results.Saturn rules the 8th house of easy gains, obstructions, inheritance, etc. When near the MEP it is unfavorable for all weak houses and planets influenced, but can confer easy gains in life on multiple house significations as well.The executive planet Mars rules the 10th house and this is a very good thing for attaining leading roles in life if it's strong.Now Cancerians can most definitely be a volatile, moody bunch if the planets are weak. But if the same number of planets are strong and the amount of favorable close influences is comparable between any lagna and Cancer, I would not hesitate to say that the Cancerian can rise higher if the right planetary periods come to fruition. You are correct - smooth life isn't always the road to great material success. It's noteable that 'true success,' is weighed differently. RIGHT.Anyways, that's a tangential topic and most astro analysis is wrt the

material sphere including this one.YES INDEED. The Professor has stated in his recent reply what I was thinking and most here have experienced - there can be a huge error in recording birth times. My approach is to assume that the reported TOB is innacurate and confirm by examination of key, obvious factors. From then, we confirm by watching the significant events and then venture to predict future ones. Other than that approach, it's an engagement in mental gymnastics.YES YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT IF THINGS STUMP US ON AN INITIAL GLANCE WE SHOULDN'T JUMP THE GUN. Best regards, Vyas Munidas - Arun Rao SAMVA Friday, September 08, 2006 10:36 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year My dear Vyas,The lagnas Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and even Aquarius will generally give a rosier triple transit outlook than the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces ever will. The numbers just say so.If we go based on just transits

alone and are seeking to justify a person's success, it is natural to favor lagnas and planetary combinations that contain a higher volume of benefic combinations.Under these guidelines it becomes very difficult to justify the successes of persons born in the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces. Their natal and transit charts will usually pale in comparison to others born under lagnas with fewer FM's.Now, does this mean that they will not prosper to the same extent as the others will in each and every case? In my view wholeheartedly no. Just take a look at John F. Kennedy's chart. Now his untimely death and other health and personal problems are well-documented but he is arguably one of the most famous and even beloved figures that has ever walked on this earth. The lord of the 8th house is causing severe

afflictions in his chart. Until and unless you interpret this as representing easy gains in life (but of course manipulations, shady dealings, and obstructions as well) you don't get the entire picture.We've discussed different lagnas and their potentialities in the past. In my view no lagna comes even close to Cancer lagna for the purposes of material/worldly rise, even if the Cancerian has a few but non-exact afflictions. Gemini may seem like the best lagna for success in life, but most Gemini's I know of end up being your run-of-the-mill programmer type. Gemini lagna gives greater potentialities than does Cancer among the FB planets making close conjunctions but the Cancerian in many cases ends up rising higher. Now Gemini will usually give a smoother life than will Cancer, but when trying to comprehend greatness in a chart, is a

smooth life always the way to fame and fortune? Just some stuff to chew on...Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dear Arun, The only recourse at this time is to watch and predict future events. Best regards, Vyas Munidas - Arun Rao SAMVA Friday, September 08, 2006 9:16 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Vyas,Thank you for your kind suggestions. To me the debate is moot unless there is physical evidence that the time of birth in question is

wrong.When there is no factual justification for the time of birth being in question, how can we just presume that it is wrong?Astrology gives us trends and tendencies but it is by no means absolutely 100% airtight. We cannot presume Blair's birth chart is wrong just because there happen to be afflictions that we don't like. And of course karma can be changed and is not absolute-- hence we have astral remedies, prayer, meditation, etc.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote: Dear C and Arun, If I may chime in... In considering who will win an election, the accurate chart of all runners need to be considered. So even though C has nicely explained the reasons Arun has requested, it's merely an exercise in seeing the natal promise and transit potential. Since both of you men are adequately proficient in SA, I propose that this be settled in the following manner: 1) Give 1-3 predictions of a significant event based

on the chart you favour 2) The time span is 1 year 3) An obvious event you should include is when Mr Blair leaves office (within 3 days is accurate enough; exact is preferred) Best regards, Vyas Munidas - cosmologer SAMVA Friday, September 08, 2006 6:20 PM Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Arun,If you insist, I will explain to you the transits on election day (May 5, 2005) and the reasons for political power as seen in the Aries rising chart. In return, I ask that you offer the list a prediction for Tony Blair based on the Taurus rising chart, in view of some significant but not too distant transit contact. has earlier stated that political power comes from a strong and well placed sun in a chart, preferably in the MEP of H1, H2, H3, H9 or H10. Accordingly, the natal promise for political power seen in the Aries rising chart with L5 Sun being exalted in ascendant, not too far away from the MEP. L9 Jupiter is also strong in H2 with L1 Mars and L4 Moon is strongly placed in H10 with Rahu. These placements combine to promise great political power. The question of the third parliamentary election of this seasoned politician centered on if he would lose power. The period and aspects at that time where not that adverse. Actually, they situation was ok and he was

confirmed in office.Sa/Ve/Ve period was running at the time of the election. These are FB planets in the chart, indicating favourable experiences. However. even if natal L7 Venus is exalted in Pisces, it becomes weak on a account of being badly placed in H12. It is therefore vulnerable to setbacks under close and long standing transit affliction. In transit, L5 Sun was closely conjunct natal L5 Sun in H1 at the time of election - giving political boost. Transit L1 Mars in H11 aspects natal L9 Jupiter and its own placement in H2. This is good for the status. Transit L7 Venus has entered H2 and own (non-MT) sign of Taurus, with transit L9 Jupiter casting a wide aspect to natal L7 Venus in H12, further giving support to the status.Best regards,CSAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9 wrote:>> Dear C,> > Ok. > > But based on the Aries chart, could you or anyone have successfully predicted that Blair would win the 2005 elections?> > To me it looks doubtful. The examination of significant past events is part of any rectification process.> > Best Wishes,> > Arun> > cosmologer <cosmologer wrote: Dear Arun,> > It is relatively easy to explain the past with interpretation of an > ascendant of ones choice. The real test of SA astrology is to make an > accurate prediction of a future event. When you base your argument on > that method and outcome I will be happy to accept your conclusion.> > Best regards,> > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> >> > Dear C,> > > > Thanks for your kind reply.> > > > Mr. Blair's victory in the 2005 UK elections, held on May 5, 2005, > is difficult to see happening using the Aries chart with a lagna > around 29-30 degrees. The transits for Aries lagna are quite >

unfavorable on that particular day. Moreover, the nodes stationed > themselves along the MEP of the 6/12 axis for some time leading up to > the elections and were passing close to the proposed ascending degree > at the time of the election.> > > > In addition, the sub-period of badly placed Venus would be running > in the main-period of the badly placed Saturn.> > > > To me a sub-period of a strong L6 would give him a far better > chance of winning an election, especially when the odds were > decidedly stacked against him with respect to the openly hostile > domestic response to the Iraq War.> > > > George W. Bush won the 2004 US elections under a similarly strong > sub-period of L6, whose results were further amplified by the close > influence of strong Moon and exalted Rahu.> > > > Mr. Blair has been a lifelong debater and has given many rousing, > impassioned speeches over the course of his political career. The > Taurus chart shows us this powerful ability to communicate to a much > larger extent than anything present in the Aries chart.> > > > Best Wishes,> > > > Arun> > > > cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > Dear Arun,> > > > Thank you for your comments. Please note a few

things.> > > > thought the Aries rising chart more fitting.> > > > Successful predictions have been made against the Aries rising > chart.> > > > Correct predictions on the basis of Taurus rising chart would give > > support to your interpretations. To date, however, predictions > that > > some have made on SAMVA on the basis of the Taurus rising chart, > to > > the effect that Blair would quit at the height of the Iraq war > > controversy, turned out to be wrong.> > > > Finally, errors are made. That´s just a fact of life through the > > ages. Errare humanum est.> > > > Best regards,> > > > C> > SAMVA , Arun Rao <arunrao9@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear C,> > > > > > I don't think it is always wise of us to continuously rectify > > charts that seem to stump us on first glance.> > > > > > An Aries chart would imply that the hospital committed an > egregious > > recording error of at least 30 minutes. In my view this is highly > > unlikely.> > > > > > The Taurus chart gives better success in conflicts and political > > battles as the lords of the 3rd and 6th houses are very strong. > > Compare this to the horoscope of US President George W. Bush, who > has > > the very same thing going for him. Bush and Blair are linked at > the > > hip if you will.> > > > > > The influence of Rahu on strong L3, acting like the Sun, makes > him > > very charismatic and adroit with his communicative skills. Strong, > > exalted L6 gives success in competitions and debates along with > > victory over enemies. Politicians Al Gore, John Kerry and George > W. > > Bush all have strong 6th house lords. Strong L8 Jupiter blesses >

with > > easy gains, unearned wealth and inheritance.> > > > > > The afflictions are active on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th > > houses and explain the multitude of controversies and scandals his > > administration has endured during its tenure.> > > > > > Best Wishes,> > > > > > Arun> > > > > > Cosmologer <cosmologer@> wrote: > > > Hello list,> > > > > > Tony Blair has announced he will step down as PM in the UK > within > > the coming year. He is faced with revolt in his own party and a > > Chancellor, Gordon Brown, who is eager to replace him. > > > > > > The official birth time for Tony Blair, gives 10° Taurus > rising. > > This chart shows many significant afflictions, including L12 Mars > on > > H1 MEP and the nodes on MEPs of H9 and H3. L8 Jupiter in H1 and > > exalted L6 Venus is in H11. The FMs are generally strong in the > > chart, but the affliction of L12 Mars and nodes to Asc would > > undermine the strength of Mars and Jupiter. > > > > > > A rectified chart for Blair, giving 30° Aries rising, is a > more > > propitious chart, but also shows him in the period of L7 Venus in > >

H12. On the basis of this chart it was predicted on SAMVA some > years > > ago that he would survive earlier efforts to unseat him, but that > he > > would retire from office in the current Venus sub period, when he > > would become a "lame duck." The present nodal station at 1° in > > Pisces/Virgo is occurring in his H12 and H6. It suggests the > turmoil > > in the Labour Party concerning his leadership will not die down so > > quickly as he hopes.> > > > > > The rectifed Aries rising chart implies an error in the > offical > > birth record. The hospital staff in Edinburgh in the early 1950s > may > > not have attached as great an importance to the accurate reporting > of > > this time as is now commonly the practice or the error could have > > been due to a new shift coming in, or fatigue, etc.. > > > > > > Best regards,> > > > > > C> > > > > > Last Updated: Thursday, 7 September 2006, > 17:44 > > GMT 18:44 UK > > > E-mail this to a friend Printable version > > > I will quit within a year - Blair > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Blair statement > > > > > > Tony Blair has

confirmed that he will step down as prime > minister > > within the next 12 months. Mr Blair said the Labour conference > in > > two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did > not > > name a precise date for his departure. He also apologised for > > Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our > > finest hour, to be frank". Allies have suggested Mr Blair will > > announce a timetable early in the New Year and hand over power in > > May. Mr Blair and his supporters will be hoping his statement > will > > end the civil war that has broken out in the past week among > Labour

> > MPs over his departure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US > (and > > 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone > call rates.> >> > > > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Dear Arun,

Sorry for the late response. I've been caught up with a few things and wanted to take my time with responding to you.

Firstly we must define a framework for this discussion. It's impossible to address any ascendant properly without considering the position and strength of planets. In this regard, we must give all planets a common, strong placement. The most powerful place for any planet is it's own MTH. This is confirmed by and also in the Vedic literature - in the story of Hiranyakasipur, it is mentioned that on his birth, all planets were in their own MT signs. This great demon ruled the entire universe. His ascendant isn't mentioned. He was fond of pleasures of the bed and gold (signified by his name). The Vedic literature says that if someone is born with such placements in the future, he will rule over the three worlds.

Since this is a purely theoretical exercise, let's assume the following-

a. Each planet is in its MTH

b. FBs are exactly on the MEP

c. MEP is 18 degreesd. FMs are minimum 5 degrees less the MEP, but greater than 10

e. The axis is exalted at 23 degrees.

Now some planets will be debilitated in D9, however this will be common for all ascendants. The Moon will have some degree of darkness, but again common.

Tell me if you agree with the framework so far and I'll continue. To confirm, we are taking about excellence in the two material spheres - money/status and sex/enjoyment. Correct?

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:05 PM

Yes we can, dear Vyas. I truly enjoy the intellectual banter, as do you :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Arun,

Thanks for the reply. I'll revert separately on this Cn topic - you can I can go on for a long time. :)

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Dear Vyas,Analyze the presence of mooltrikona signs in various houses and the planets that rule over them for various lagnas and you will find that Aries lagna does not come close to Cancer lagna from a purely status/finances perspective. In fact no lagna does. Virgo lagna comes somewhat close, but then again it is very difficult to avoid afflictions under Virgo lagna.I find that the presence of mooltrikona signs in the 7th or 12th houses is a "wastage of space" factor. In other words, these are houses/lords of luxuries and pleasures and do not contribute well to one's materialistic success. The lords 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 (to some extent), 10, and 11 all play an important role in worldly success in and of themselves.If this point is unclear in any way, please don't hesitate to inquire further.Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi Arun,

Re Cn, those are fantastic points. A similar argument can be used for Aries asc.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

My dear Vyas,Replies are in caps below. I like your style of interjecting caps, so I'm 'borrowing' it if you will :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dearest Arun,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we cannot go on transits alone and I wasn't insinuating such. We must look at the triple transit to understand significant events.CERTAINLY yes.

As far as Cn giving the best potential for worldly success, I haven't looked at enough accurate charts to deduce the same with statistical significance. In my view any ascendant can give fantastic results with the right combinations and the correct dasha sequence.YES, YOU ARE correct, but Cancer has decided advantages over the other lagnas ceteris paribus.Let's break Cancer lagna down MT-sign by MT-sign:1. The sign is royal and fruitful2. The lord of the ascendant is the royal dhanakaraka Moon3. The lord of the 2nd house is the royal planet and king, the Sun4. The lord of the 3rd house is the prince, Mercury5. The lord of the 4th house is the affluent dhanakaraka, Venus6. The lord of the 6th house is the dhanakaraka and wealth significator, Jupiter7. The lord of the 8th house is the natural significator for the 8th house, Saturn8. The lord of the 10th house is the executive planet, MarsCancer is the only ascendant where mooltrikona signs fall in the all-important houses of status 1, 2, and 10. Not only this but the planets doing as such are the three planets of highest status in the planetary cabinet, Moon, Sun, and Mars. Another reason why this is important is that when near any MEP, these planets bring with them the status significations of their mooltrikona signs besides them already being planets of high status.Mercury rules the 3rd house of initiatives. This is neither extraordinary nor less than ideal. When there are mooltrikona signs in the 4th and 6th houses, these planets also play a large role in deciding one's finances/wealth in terms of material asset accumulation and financial stability/healthiness. The planets of wealth Venus and Jupiter rule these houses, which amplifies these houses' favorable results.Saturn rules the 8th house of easy gains, obstructions, inheritance, etc. When near the MEP it is unfavorable for all weak houses and planets influenced, but can confer easy gains in life on multiple house significations as well.The executive planet Mars rules the 10th house and this is a very good thing for attaining leading roles in life if it's strong.Now Cancerians can most definitely be a volatile, moody bunch if the planets are weak. But if the same number of planets are strong and the amount of favorable close influences is comparable between any lagna and Cancer, I would not hesitate to say that the Cancerian can rise higher if the right planetary periods come to fruition.

You are correct - smooth life isn't always the road to great material success. It's noteable that 'true success,' is weighed differently. RIGHT.Anyways, that's a tangential topic and most astro analysis is wrt the material sphere including this one.YES INDEED.

The Professor has stated in his recent reply what I was thinking and most here have experienced - there can be a huge error in recording birth times. My approach is to assume that the reported TOB is innacurate and confirm by examination of key, obvious factors. From then, we confirm by watching the significant events and then venture to predict future ones. Other than that approach, it's an engagement in mental gymnastics.YES YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT IF THINGS STUMP US ON AN INITIAL GLANCE WE SHOULDN'T JUMP THE GUN.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

My dear Vyas,The lagnas Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and even Aquarius will generally give a rosier triple transit outlook than the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces ever will. The numbers just say so.If we go based on just transits alone and are seeking to justify a person's success, it is natural to favor lagnas and planetary combinations that contain a higher volume of benefic combinations.Under these guidelines it becomes very difficult to justify the successes of persons born in the lagnas Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces. Their natal and transit charts will usually pale in comparison to others born under lagnas with fewer FM's.Now, does this mean that they will not prosper to the same extent as the others will in each and every case? In my view wholeheartedly no. Just take a look at John F. Kennedy's chart. Now his untimely death and other health and personal problems are well-documented but he is arguably one of the most famous and even beloved figures that has ever walked on this earth. The lord of the 8th house is causing severe afflictions in his chart. Until and unless you interpret this as representing easy gains in life (but of course manipulations, shady dealings, and obstructions as well) you don't get the entire picture.We've discussed different lagnas and their potentialities in the past. In my view no lagna comes even close to Cancer lagna for the purposes of material/worldly rise, even if the Cancerian has a few but non-exact afflictions. Gemini may seem like the best lagna for success in life, but most Gemini's I know of end up being your run-of-the-mill programmer type. Gemini lagna gives greater potentialities than does Cancer among the FB planets making close conjunctions but the Cancerian in many cases ends up rising higher. Now Gemini will usually give a smoother life than will Cancer, but when trying to comprehend greatness in a chart, is a smooth life always the way to fame and fortune? Just some stuff to chew on...Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Dear C and Arun,

If I may chime in...

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

cosmologer

SAMVA

Dear List,

I meant to send this to Arun only. Please ignore. Thanks.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Vyas Munidas

SAMVA

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:14 PM

Dear Arun,

Sorry for the late response. I've been caught up with a few things and wanted to take my time with responding to you.

Firstly we must define a framework for this discussion. It's impossible to address any ascendant properly without considering the position and strength of planets. In this regard, we must give all planets a common, strong placement. The most powerful place for any planet is it's own MTH. This is confirmed by and also in the Vedic literature - in the story of Hiranyakasipur, it is mentioned that on his birth, all planets were in their own MT signs. This great demon ruled the entire universe. His ascendant isn't mentioned. He was fond of pleasures of the bed and gold (signified by his name). The Vedic literature says that if someone is born with such placements in the future, he will rule over the three worlds.

c. MEP is 18 degreesd. FMs are minimum 5 degrees less the MEP, but greater than 10

Now some planets will be debilitated in D9, however this will be common for all ascendants. The Moon will have some degree of darkness, but again common.

Tell me if you agree with the framework so far and I'll continue. To confirm, we are taking about excellence in the two material spheres - money/status and sex/enjoyment. Correct?

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:05 PM

Yes we can, dear Vyas. I truly enjoy the intellectual banter, as do you :)Best Wishes,ArunVyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Hi Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Dearest Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Dear Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Arun Rao

SAMVA

Dear C and Arun,

If I may chime in...

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

cosmologer

SAMVA

hey guys give us a break please and why not let us listen in ? ciao iver PS: any thoughts on how to calculate overall strength in Excel ?Vyas Munidas <muni> wrote: Dear List, I meant to send this to Arun only. Please ignore. Thanks. Best regards, Vyas Munidas - Vyas Munidas SAMVA Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:14 PM Re: Re: Tony Blair announnces he will step down as Prime Minister in coming year Dear Arun, Sorry for the late response. I've been caught up with a few things and wanted to take my time with responding

to you. Firstly we must define a framework for this discussion. It's impossible to address any ascendant properly without considering the position and strength of planets. In this regard, we must give all planets a common, strong placement. The most powerful place for any planet is it's own MTH. This is confirmed by and also in the Vedic literature - in the story of Hiranyakasipur, it is mentioned that on his birth, all planets were in their own MT signs. This great demon ruled the entire universe. His ascendant isn't mentioned. He was fond of pleasures of the bed and gold (signified by his name). The Vedic literature says that if someone is born with such placements in the future, he will rule over the three worlds. Since this is a purely theoretical exercise, let's

assume the following- a. Each planet is in its MTH b. FBs are exactly on the MEP c. MEP is 18 degreesd. FMs are minimum 5 degrees less the MEP, but greater than 10 e. The axis is exalted at 23 degrees. Now some planets will be debilitated in D9, however this will be common for all ascendants. The Moon will have some degree of darkness, but again common. Tell me if you agree with the framework so far and I'll continue. To confirm, we are taking about excellence in the two material spheres

- money/status and sex/enjoyment. Correct? Best regards, Vyas Munidas

Hi Iver,

Thanks for your interest in this subject. I agree with Arun on the Cn ascendant being a superior ascendant on the money side of things.

If you consider the perfection of material life to be huge gains in wealth, coupled with the enjoyment of it, sensual pleasures, good looks etc, then there are better ascendants than Cn. This said, we must fully consider the strength, placement, close activation, MD sequence etc to justify excellence in any sphere for any ascendant.

Regarding an XL spreadsheet to calculate overall strength, I put a one together a while ago, but it required alot of input and was incomplete. By the time I was done putting it together and discussing strength factors with PC, I could understand strength visually without the spreadsheet.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

del iver

SAMVA

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:17 PM

hey guys

give us a break please and why not let us listen in ?

ciao

iver

PS: any thoughts on how to calculate overall strength in Excel ?Vyas Munidas <munidas (AT) rogers (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear List,

I meant to send this to Arun only. Please ignore. Thanks.

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas

-

Vyas Munidas

SAMVA

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:14 PM

Dear Arun,

Best regards,

Vyas Munidas