IndiaDivine.org

US - daylight savings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Surya because they didn't have daylight savings in 1776. daylight savings seems to have started around 1918.SURYA TYAGI <suryat wrote: Hello Jorge - When I tried to get the US chart using the information you have below, I can only get close to your chart if I remove 1 from day light saving in Junior Jyotish. I have always use 1 for US charts in day-light saving field. Am I wrong in using '1'. Also in my (free) version of Software I can't put seconds so it is slightly different than yours for that another reason. I will appreciate your response.Regards,Surya

Dear Mr. Jorge -

Thanks for a nice piece of information.

Regards,

Surya

del iver <deliver1900SAMVA Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:59:11 PM US - daylight savings

Dear Surya

because they didn't have daylight savings in 1776.

daylight savings seems to have started around 1918.SURYA TYAGI <suryat > wrote:

Hello Jorge - When I tried to get the US chart using the information you have below, I can only get close to your chart if I remove 1 from day light saving in Junior Jyotish. I have always use 1 for US charts in day-light saving field. Am I wrong in using '1'. Also in my (free) version of Software I can't put seconds so it is slightly different than yours for that another reason. I will appreciate your response.Regards,Surya

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

To my knowledge there have never been any fractional (with minutes)

Daylight Time or War Times. They are usually either 1 hour or some 2

hour for War Time.

- Brian

SURYA TYAGI wrote:

> Dear Mr. Jorge -

> Thanks for a nice piece of information.

> Regards,

> Surya

>

>

>

> del iver <deliver1900

> SAMVA

> Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:59:11 PM

> US - daylight savings

>

> Dear Surya

> because they didn't have daylight savings in 1776.

> daylight savings seems to have started around 1918.

>

> SURYA TYAGI <suryat > wrote:

> Hello Jorge -

>

> When I tried to get the US chart using the information you have below, I can

only get close to your chart if I remove 1 from day light saving in Junior

Jyotish. I have always use 1 for US charts in day-light saving field. Am I wrong

in using '1'. Also in my (free) version of Software I can't put seconds so it is

slightly different than yours for that another reason.

>

> I will appreciate your response.

>

> Regards,

> Surya

>

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

>

>

> http://mail.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Hello Brian -

You are right the DST will be one hour time. The fraction I was thinking about was to use seconds in addition to minutes in your free version of Junior Jyotish to get to the chart same as Mr. Jorge has got. We can only use minutes in free versions so there is little variation with the charts - which is minor anyways.

Thanks for the beautiful work on the software that you have provided to all of us.

Best Regards and Merry Xmas to you.

Surya

Brian Conrad <jjyotishSAMVA Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:22:26 PMRe: US - daylight savings

To my knowledge there have never been any fractional (with minutes) Daylight Time or War Times. They are usually either 1 hour or some 2 hour for War Time.- BrianSURYA TYAGI wrote:> Dear Mr. Jorge -> Thanks for a nice piece of information.> Regards,> Surya>>> > del iver <deliver1900@ >> SAMVA > Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:59:11 PM> US - daylight savings>> Dear Surya> because they didn't have daylight savings in 1776.> daylight savings seems to have started around 1918.>> SURYA TYAGI <suryat > wrote:> Hello Jorge - >> When I tried to get the US chart using the

information you have below, I can only get close to your chart if I remove 1 from day light saving in Junior Jyotish. I have always use 1 for US charts in day-light saving field. Am I wrong in using '1'. Also in my (free) version of Software I can't put seconds so it is slightly different than yours for that another reason. >> I will appreciate your response.>> Regards,> Surya>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >