IndiaDivine.org

Faq's on Mantra/Gayatri Mantra - Swami Ramswarup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Group,They think like me ..... pls. visit this web site http://www.vedmandir.com/modules.php?name=News & file=article & sid=21

They seem to have done their best to understand the meaning of gayatri mantra. I m quoting from this website. Salutation to Swami Ramswarup Ji.

----------- Read following-

Bharti Gupta sent in detailed set of questions on Gayatri mantra. (1) Is it necessary to do odd numbers for malas i.e. I was told to do either 1 or three or any odd number which is five seven nine etc? If this is the case, then is it correct to do say, three gayatri malas (108beads) in the morning before 8am and then again only 1 mala in the evening before 8pm. which then makes it four malas per day? Please explain.Swami Ramswarup: The best mala has already been given by God of respiratory system and the best way of Gaytri mantra to recite is by pranyaam please, which is also called Gayatri Anusthan.. But pranayaam is learnt in person from a learned Acharya. According to Saamveda mantra 14 morning and evening time i.e., twice a day and daily is enough.(2) Which is the best time to do the mala for it to be very effective? Also please let me know if it is correct to do mala of gayatri mantra in the afternoon and if so, at what time or between what time.Swami Ramswarup: Morning at about 5 O'clock and evening it may be from 5 O' clock to 10 O' clock as suits. (3) Is it necessary to light an agarbatti or a diva (oil or ghee) when reciting the gayatri mantra?Swami Ramswarup: Agarbati can be used but yet it is eternal philosophy of Vedas. Vedas say to perform holy havan/Yajna.(4) Is it necessary to have a bath before reciting the gayatri mantra?Swami Ramswarup: It is the best if bath is taken because God is the purest away from illusion even. So he wants purity. But under unavoidable circumstances yet bath can be avoided.(5) Is it necessary to sit on a woolen cloth and sit cross legged?Swami Ramswarup: Yes please. Because when we meditate then generally the electric is built in our body which require asan of bad conductor of heat. Then yogasan is preferred. It may be Sidhhasan, Sukhasan or Padamasan.(6) Do we have to do Om shanti shanti shanti after every mala i.e. if you were doing three malas - can I complete all three and say om shanti shanti shanti or do I haveto do om shanti shanti shanti after each mala?Swami Ramswarup: If you want to recite Om Shanti then it must be recited in the end with full Yajurveda mantra 36/17 i.e., Om Dyu Shanti Antricksham shanti---------------------- and not piece meal. Because Atharvaveda warns about reciting of piece mealof any Ved mantra. (7) Please let me know which is the best gayatri cd or tape to listen to when doing housework?Swami Ramswarup: I do not know please. But market can be consulted. I can build a new one cassette of Gayatri and can send, if you desire but first market can beconsulted. Jaidev Sharma: How one should meditate upon Gaytri mantra? Please give me all detail.Swami Ramswarup: The Gaytri mantra and its meaning is already available on vedmandir web site please. There are two ways of Meditation of Gaytri mantra. One should sit on any suitable asan preferably sukhasan, sidhasan or padamasan.

The one should concentrate aagya chakr, a body part. We must not concentrate on any point which is outside of our body then close eyes we must chant the Gaytri mantyra and its full meaning daily. Second method= while sitting on asan one must do pranayaam. When we breath inside then we must stop breathing with close eyes and concentration on aagya chakr. Then we must continue to chant Gaytri manra.

When we will be unable to stop breathing then release breathing slowly and slowly and thus stop breathing outside and recite Gaytri mantra. And repeat the method again and again i.e., do daily 3 pranayaam of such type. These are called Bhahyantar and Aabhyantar. One can do havan also from Gaytri mantra. These all are worship.