IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual Experiences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good Morning Aarkayji, Another brilliant mail from you Sir. I am in full agreement with what you have said regarding the fact that Yogananda was fully qualified to write on his experiences regarding 'Siddhis' (In fact the book was written on the instructions of Mahavtar Babaji as many are aware) Aghora is a different matter altogether.It is easily one of the least understood and much maligned systems today. It is a real pity that a system which owes it's origins to Lord Dattatreya and Lord Shiva has been so grossly

misunderstood and misused Personally speaking I tend to keep an open mind on spiritual practices (not being judgmental itself is a great virtue on this path) As they to 'each his own' Regards, aavesh rk dash

<arkaydash wrote: Aavesh, Excuse me my poesy. The incidental distinction I touched upon was between esoteric path(s) and non-esoteric ones. Not between dakshina and vaama. Where would you put the nocturnal court which the levitating Lahiri Mahasaya held, with fairies hovering above him and which was espied by his wife, or for that matter the session at

the ghats of Benaras where Yogavatar, Mahavatar and the latter's sister met nightly? These were all yogis -- rajyogi of the highest order in modern times. You would agree that that was esoteric. Even kaulachaar should be requiring the adherent to keep his own counsel. When Yogananda does that (when he writes the autobiography), he shares his life experiences to the high end of edification of mankind. And that is after he has GONE THROUGH it all, much as a tathagata. Which is in order, not needing any defending. The Aghora parampara marks out its boundary with 'prapancha' differently. That should explain the comparison and contrast and contest (the 'spardha') among certain adherents. Mark my use of the word 'prapancha'. You have hardly confuted my account. I have been using bold letters for words which significantly qualify what I say, please note, here as

also earlier. RK On 19/12/2007, aavesh t <aavesh_s wrote: Namaskar AarkayDa and Lalit, Sorry for intervening in your private discussions. A couple of

points: (i)The debate whether one should reveal one's Siddhis has been there since time immemorial (ii)As Aarkayji has pointed out in his poetic language (which goes over my head many a time) that the Dakshinmargi school of thought believes in keeping one's Siddhis to oneself (iii)Vama Marga has the other approach.Here spiritual aspirants openly challenge each other and often there are duels to prove one's Siddhis.The much blamed and criticised Agohoris being

part of this school of thought (iv)Ultimately,it comes down to the individual and his relation with his Ishta (Personally speaking though I have always beleieved in Swami Yukteshwar Giri's approach. He never exhibited his Siddhis unless directed by a higher power to do so (This is vividly described by Yogananda in 'Autobiography of a Yogi') This note is not to take up sides or criticise but just some observations from an interested observer of life's Maya !! Regards, aavesh rk dash <arkaydash wrote: Dear Lalit, The proscription on one's spiritual experience is premised on two well-founded tenets. One, tongue-wagging doesn't enrich it. It cuts down introversion. The inward journey peters out. Some exoteric paths seem not to discourage it. Another matter. But Satsang is another ball game. Guidence is sought

in confidence. Much like public display emotion (for some) is a no-no. In extreme esoteric paths, it is a game of dice -- often. There stakes are high. The higher they are, the more circumspect the seeker must be, or the world would come down on him. It (the world) can be nice slaughter house. Two, much of 'That' is ineffable -- anirvachaniya. ('That' is a vedic favourite as a referent) RK On 18/12/2007, litsol <litsol wrote: No Sir,I was always single and alone, rahu in 11'th makes sure no frinds....., i was misunderstood for

my straightforward uncanny talks , but i had to do such talks, otherwise, this time when it's accepted that spirituality is a gone thing, has no application in real life, those who are spiritual are outdated antique .. people and particularly narrowminded indian girls and reporters of confused news papers like times of india, I decided to put everything as it is, without no mixing.Still there were threats to taken as egoists or self promoting person coz putting truth, truth being most unusual things and particularly when every body has a fixed frame of mind, taken as a egoist is obvious. but truth is absolute, some elders asked me not to tell spiritual experiences openly otherwise i can loose them, why even in the lap of the moher god one will care loss and gain ? at least in spirituality there is no loss.. cant be there.regards,Lalit.Vedic Astrologyandhealing , "rk dash" <arkaydash wrote:>> You could have said 'chhandanuvritte...' not gyanam vandhanam. Till I read> your reply today I thought the guy had a very strong line of followers> (subservient worker bees) who lose no time in singing his prasasti whenever> there is a threat to his carefully constructed reputation. That is what I> meant. The resaon was to avoid any direct talk about unpleasant things and> people. 'At the drop of a turban' was my adaptation of the phrase 'at the> drop of a hat' to what pundits' headgear. > > RK> > > On 17/12/2007, litsol <litsol wrote:> >> > " A formidable line of drone who can spring a most awesome ergo noisome> > canticle of

accomplishments, at the drop of a turban" > >> >> >> > My english is like my english only ..... what u said is difficult for me> > to understand, I dont know what is "canticle", do u mean "stuti" and turban> > means "pagari or safa"... then what is drone? something that keeps playing> > in a instrument wihout attension ... then what meaning it carries altogather> > ? > >> >> >> > I dont understand it, but what i can say is, without a fall, God has and> > will ensure relevance of spirituality in my life, I see how all are dancing > > those who are knowledgable and also those who are ignorant.> >> >> >> > !! Gyanam Bandhanam !!> >> >> >> > If u want to see the God, I mean wish to realize it, It will happen, it> > will

happen, It will happen !!> >> >> >> > Sir, it's very easy and then easy is any task u want to do we have to> > traverse the maya, and mayapati is always with us... > >> >> >> > regards,> >> > Lalit.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > >> With Best Wishes, aavesh Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.