IndiaDivine.org

Nasta Jatakam, & Palmistry(Mihira Web Site)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste.

Nasta Jatakam or Lost Horoscopy, is a Prasna method given to figure out the birth date and time of the person, in case theres no information available to cast the chart.

Parasara and Varahamihira give very good examples on how to do this.

The person who cast your chart, used the prasna of his place and time, to figure out the chart, as this is the propper way todo it, and is also what Sanjay has recommended when creating Prasna's.

A good compilation of techniques is given in: "Nasta Jatakam", by Mukunda Daivajña.

I find R. Santhanams translation satisfactory.

Your thumbprint is used by the Nadi to classify the bunch of leaves, that your specific leaf belongs to. It won't find the exact leaf, but if the astrologer allready has your birthchart, then it makes it a whole lot easier.

If he said he could use the thumbprint alone, then he must have a very good knowledge of Palmistry. Definitely worth learning more about.

PVR Rayudu, has alot of good info on the Nadis:(http://www.loudoun-net.com/kamesh/Rayudu.html)

Best wishes, Visti.

-

Alexandra Solomon

Vedic e group

Friday, May 11, 2001 12:45 AM

[Jaya Jagannath] Mihira Web Site

Dear Visti

Thank you for your answers to my question. If there is someone who has had direct contact with him or his work I hope they will also comment.

Please explain Nasta Jatakam - my knowledge of astrology is very limited. I believe it may have been about 11 am when I consulted the astrologer or when he did my reading or that may have been the time the appointment was scheduled for and I think he used this time and the long/lat of the location of the reading to prepare a natal chart for someone who has no birth time. I don't know where else he would have come up with time of birth - do you know of any other way? He said he had his own method of doing charts.

The reason I was curious about birth time from a thumbprint is because this astrologer claimed that he could calculate this and run a chart for a person.

Thank you so much for your help

Namaste

Alexandra

OM TAT SATArchive: varahamihiraInfo: varahamihira/info.html