IndiaDivine.org

Vata and ones chart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/9/2003 1:05:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, anmar writes:

Hare Rama Krishna

Anna

Lucky souls! What a great thing to do. You say you constitution is PVK. We are all composed of PVK and the issue is the proportions. Typically in ayurveda we say the person has P3 K2 V1, so in this case P and K are predominant. If Pitta is very high it might be P4 K2 V1. Then there five types of P, five of K and five of V... known as sub doshas.

Fasting is very desirable for Pitta and especially Kapha. Water fast is the best. It is not good for Vata as they are generally undernourished. There are always exceptions. So Vata should do a fast with eating small amounts of Vata reducing foods and not fruits and uncooked vegetables.

Regards,

Brendan

I read this post, and wrightly or wrongly, I've been fasting every Friday, since I've become a mother. It runs in my family /related to our beloved family diety/, I've never questioned that. My PItta-Vata-Kafa constitution 'hasn't complained' so far. My mother, Pitta-Kafa, fasts all her life /Fridays, and long 40 day fasts ocassionally/. Since my mother, myself, my grand mother...although totally different,

fast the same way, and that kind of make us all feel good,

the only explanation that comes to my mind is 'faith'..

I cannot prove that it's good for me, but I am sure it is, lol!

Any other reason, other than my loving 'gardian angel', couldn't make me this persistant and joyous about 'giving'-abstaining in fast

To such an extent that I even don't feel the need to check out with you if my fasting is in accordance with my constutution./my normal, 'automatic' reaction'/

Ah, I also wish to know more about that strange amazing,

human brain.Like to think about 'renounciation' as BRAIN-OZ wonderland!

Regars,

Anna