IndiaDivine.org

Geographic or Geocentric

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dr.Senthilji Namaskar and Pranam.

Using geocentric latitude is the astronomical phenomena. as there is formulae for conversion of geographic latitudes to geocentric latitudes. and when we take all planets geocentric thus cuspal divisions should be also geocentric. Much discussion has been taken place. But certain followers are of the opinion that only they are correct. Means they are not ready to use geocentric latitudes. As like the Ayanamashas, this point is also burning point. But seniors are following their whims. They are correct in their place. But what is harm in using it. I use only geocentric latitudes since 1998 and I am getting the best results. But unfortunately, I have not recorded all the cases. But the results derived by following this method have helped thousands of people in every manner. The same has been dealt in detail in KP AND ASTROSECRETS PART II. Interested scholers may study it and get results.

With regards

Vijayanand Patil, President,Astrovision The Scientific Socy.for Research and Devt. in Astrology, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, INdia

Cell No. +91 9422582853/+91 9673746303

write me to : guide_vijayanand /guide_vijayanand

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:27:52 +0530 wrote

> Dear TW, First scientifically (astronomically) we have to accept the concept of adopting which latitude is correct? I don't accept for use of Geographic latitude is accurate than Geocentric latitude though the difference is 11 min. Before we go into the sub lords we have to see how much is the variation in cupal degree. Whatever may be the value it will change the cusp degree position and sub lords for border case(so there is a change!!).If you have compared the cuspal degree any time by changing the Geocentric Vs Geographic latitudes of the place (particularly higher latitude say 50-66 deg.) may be presented to the forum for discussion. If not, request any of our forum members may to do the exercise (for range of latitude 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60) and submit it for discussion.ThanksD.Senthil--- On Tue, 9/22/09, TW wrote:TW Re: Geographic or Geocentric: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 11:24 AM  Abstracts from GEOGRAPHIC OR GEOCENTRIC.doc in the File sectionOne may wonder if the Geocentric positions of all planets are used, why to use the Geographic latitude of birth place? The difference is that all planets are moving in the sky to measure from the center of earth but the birth place is located on earth at different levels from sea. Also N Blunsdon points out in "Low Thoughts on High Latitudes" that the angle, which determines the Ascendant, is much more accurately given by Geographic latitude than by Geocentric latitude. (Geoffrey Dean: Recent Advances in Natal Astrology)The maximum difference between Geocentric and Geographic latitudes is only about 11 minutes, not so much like in the case of Ayanamsa that it may not change the sub-lords and results of KP analysis, except in the border line case. I use and prefer the Geographic latitude as it is commonly used and well tested but I keep my mind open to experiment with the application of Geocentric latitude correction.@gro ups.com, Senthil wrote:>> > Hello Gautam,>  > All the planets positions are calculated with respect to earth geocentric point all the cusp also must be calculated based on the same earth Geocentric point only. The only change happens here is geocentric latitude due to earth shape longitude remains same.>  > Most of the house division including Placidus is based on earth Geocentric only.This topic was discussed many times in the forum please browse the old messages for more details.>  > Hope the above clarifies your points.> >  > GOOD LUCK!>  > D.Senthil> > --- On Sun, 9/20/09, dushyant gautam wrote:> > > dushyant gautam > Geographic or Geocentric> @gro ups.com> Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:43 PM> > >   > > > > > > > > Dear Group Leaders,> > > Kindly suggest me about the subject matter. Which Coordinates are to be used for casting the Horoscope and why?> > > As i feel the Placidus system is based on Geographic Coordinates.> > Regards> > Dushyant Gautam> > > > > India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.>

Dear Dharmendra Kumarji,

Thanks for advising very simple method of conversion of geographic lat. to geocentric lat. Your method will be remembered forever and credit will goes to you only. Astrologers who may or may not follow the principle of conversion of geographic lat to geocentric lat, but it definately difers. The astrologers who use to use geocentric lat. will have definately better results. and though there may not be availbility of data of correctness of correct lat. it will not change the use of conversion of geographic lat to geocentric lat.

Thanks again

Vijayanand Patil, President, Astrovision, The Scientific Socy. for Research and Devt.in Astrology, Kolhapur,Maharashtra, India

Cell NO. +91 9422582853/+91 9673746303

write me to: guide_vijayanand

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:12:16 +0530 wrote

> Hello All,Conversion of geographic latitude is very simple, just multiply it by 0.99330546For example:Geographic latitude of Chennai = 13 degree 04 minuteGeocentric latitude of Chennai = (13 degree 04 minute) x 0.99330546 = 12 degree 59 minuteThanks,

>D K Bhaskar

>Mob.: 91-9910048040

>

>"Only GOOD is not Enough, When you Dream of being GREAT."

>

>--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Senthil wrote:

>

>Senthil

>Re: Re: Geographic or Geocentric

>

>Cc: tw853, pandeypunit

>Wednesday, 23 September, 2009, 7:35 AM

>

> Dear TW, My point wise reply is given below. 1) if the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the atlas is used, it will give the Geographic Ascendant position; REPLY: YES. You are correct. 2) if the Geocentric Latitude (converted from Geographic Latitude) is used, it will give the Geocentric Ascendant position. REPLY: YES. You are correct. 3) the Ascendant position is the same by any house system. Raphael's Tables of Houses for Northern Latitudes from the equator to 50…by Raphael (First published in 1821) Dalton's Tables of Houses by Joseph Dalton (First published in 1893) Rosicrucian Tables of Houses (Placidus) by Rosicrucian Fellowship The Betz Placidus Tables of Houses by Martha Keith Betz The Occidental Table of Houses: Campanus, Placidus, Regiomantanus (1976) Tables of Houses, Placidus System by Astro Numeric/AFA (1977) The Michelsen Book of Tables, Koch Placidus by Neil F. Michelsen (1977) The Universal Tables of Houses by S. Balasundaram A.R. Raichur (1985) Krishman Tables of Houses by K. Subramaniam (1986) Lahiri's Tables of Ascendants on Niryana Basis by NC Lahiri The Nirayana Tables of Houses by BV Raman RV Vaidya REPLY: NO. There is some house system which does not use SUN transit in the HORIZON (for example placidus system will not work for latitude beyond 66Deg 30min So one must use other house division method such as horizontal system etc ). For the systems which are using the sun Transit (Rise/set etc) as the base will give same result but not all the house division. I have done this exercise in the year 1999 and given to Late Prof.Balasundram (KSK’s son-in-law) for his review and he explained the same. 3. Almost the whole astrological world, East and West, has used the Geographic Latitude of place of birth. All astrological SWs except one are put on default setting of the Geographic Latitude. In none of Tables of Houses except one, it is not said to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude in using them. The natives and most astrologers know only the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the geographical atlas. In any of examples how to cast a natal chart from Leo Allen, Llewellyn George, Robert Hand, BV Raman, KS Krishnamurti, KS Charak, Umang Taneja etc it is not mentioned to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude. REPLY: The astrologers who don’t know about the Geocentric Latitude are their ignorance or may be knowingly neglecting this small variation. Let us talk about scientifically/ Astronomically. First scientifically (astronomically) we have to accept the concept of adopting which latitude is correct? As the planet positions are calculated based on earth Geocentric point, to have constancy the cusps must be calculated based on earth geocentric point. For this centre point obviously the Latitude will be geocentric only. 4. The application of he Geocentric Latitude of the place of birth is just a new interest of some astrologers. REPLY: NO. It is not the interest of astrologer. It is the development/ knowledge of science only. Those days all the calculations are done manually and it is a time consuming activity. For example in those days (10 years ago) most time the astrologer may put latitude value for the places in TAMILNADU like TIRUPUR, AVANASI, POLLACHI,METTUPALAY AM as COIMBATORE only (which is 11deg and it is a round figure). Even if we refer our KP 6th reader most example chart uses only up to Degree, minute and seconds are missing. (But still by divine grace Prof. KSK was able to predict the events with that approximation itself. This is a different issue let us keep it aside.) Hence in those days most astrologers do manual calculation and they don’t go for this sort of rigorous calculation. But now a day we have computer/Google earth to calculate/locate the exact place for the horoscope. Hence I strongly believe that it is the development/ knowledge of science only. Thanks and regards, D.Senthil

>

>--- On Tue, 9/22/09, TW wrote:

>

>TW

> Re: Geographic or Geocentric

>@gro ups.com

>Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 11:25 AM

>

> Dear Friends,

>

>1. How could we understand the statements below?

>

>1) "Most of the house division including Placidus is based on earth Geocentric only."

>2) "Geocentric Latitude is followed by all makers of TABLES OF HOUSES." (Msg no. is available if necessary.)

>

>2. Because in calculation of the Ascendant by any of the following Tables of Houses,

>

>1) if the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the atlas is used, it will give the Geographic Ascendant position;

>2) if the Geocentric Latitude (converted from Geographic Latitude) is used, it will give the Geocentric Ascendant position.

>3) the Ascendant position is the same by any house system.

>

>Raphael's Tables of Houses for Northern Latitudes from the equator to 50…by Raphael (First published in 1821)

>Dalton's Tables of Houses by Joseph Dalton (First published in 1893)

>Rosicrucian Tables of Houses (Placidus) by Rosicrucian Fellowship

>The Betz Placidus Tables of Houses by Martha Keith Betz

>The Occidental Table of Houses: Campanus, Placidus, Regiomantanus (1976)

>Tables of Houses, Placidus System by Astro Numeric/AFA (1977)

>The Michelsen Book of Tables, Koch Placidus by Neil F. Michelsen (1977)

>The Universal Tables of Houses by S. Balasundaram A.R. Raichur (1985)

>Krishman Tables of Houses by K. Subramaniam (1986)

>Lahiri's Tables of Ascendants on Niryana Basis by NC Lahiri

>The Nirayana Tables of Houses by BV Raman RV Vaidya

>

>3. Almost the whole astrological world, East and West, has used the Geographic Latitude of place of birth. All astrological SWs except one are put on default setting of the Geographic Latitude. In none of Tables of Houses except one, it is not said to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude in using them. The natives and most astrologers know only the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the geographical atlas. In any of examples how to cast a natal chart from Leo Allen, Llewellyn George, Robert Hand, BV Raman, KS Krishnamurti, KS Charak, Umang Taneja etc it is not mentioned to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude.

>

>4. The application of he Geocentric Latitude of the place of birth is just a new interest of some astrologers.

>

>Thanks and regrds,

>TW

>

>@gro ups.com, Senthil wrote:

>>

>>

>> Hello Gautam,

>>

>> All the planets positions are calculated with respect to earthgeocentric point all the cusp also must be calculatedbased onthe same earthGeocentric point only. The only change happens here is geocentric latitude due to earth shape longitude remains same.

>>

>> Most of the house division including Placidusis based on earth Geocentric only.This topic was discussed many times in the forum please browse the old messages for more details.

>>

>> Hope the above clarifies your points.

>>

>>

>> GOOD LUCK!

>>

>> D.Senthil

>>

>> --- On Sun, 9/20/09, dushyant gautam wrote:

>>

>>

>> dushyant gautam

>> Geographic or Geocentric

>> @gro ups.com

>> Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:43 PM

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> Dear Group Leaders,

>>

>>

>> Kindly suggest me about the subject matter. Which Coordinates are to be used for casting the Horoscope and why?

>>

>>

>> As i feel the Placidus system is based on Geographic Coordinates.

>>

>> Regards

>>

>> Dushyant Gautam

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.

>>

>

>

> Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Hi

I am residing at Bangalore, i have tried to get Raphales Tables of Houses but in vain.

Where i will get it, if anybody have extra copy , can thery send it to me by VPP, i will pay the vpp and Book amount.

Thanks and Regards

Sahhasra Saagara

# 2940/A, First Cross, 2nd Stage, "D" Block,Rajaji Nagara, Bangalore - 560 010

Mobile_ 98440 07883

VIJAYANAND PATIL <guide_vijayanand Cc: kdbhaskar7Sent: Wednesday, 23 September, 2009 4:29:34 PMRe: Re: Re: Geographic or Geocentric

Dear Dharmendra Kumarji,Thanks for advising very simple method of conversion of geographic lat. to geocentric lat. Your method will be remembered forever and credit will goes to you only. Astrologers who may or may not follow the principle of conversion of geographic lat to geocentric lat, but it definately difers. The astrologers who use to use geocentric lat. will have definately better results. and though there may not be availbility of data of correctness of correct lat. it will not change the use of conversion of geographic lat to geocentric lat.Thanks againVijayanand Patil, President, Astrovision, The Scientific Socy. for Research and Devt.in Astrology, Kolhapur,Maharashtr a, IndiaCell NO. +91 9422582853/+ 91 9673746303write me to: guide_ vijayanand@ rediffmail. comOn Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:12:16 +0530 wrote> Hello All,Conversion of geographic latitude is very simple, just multiply it by 0.99330546For

example:Geographic latitude of Chennai = 13 degree 04 minuteGeocentric latitude of Chennai = (13 degree 04 minute) x 0.99330546 = 12 degree 59 minuteThanks,>D K Bhaskar>Mob.: 91-9910048040>>"Only GOOD is not Enough, When you Dream of being GREAT.">>--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Senthil wrote:>>Senthil >Re: Re: Geographic or Geocentric>@gro ups.com>Cc: tw853 , pandeypunit@ >Wednesday, 23 September, 2009, 7:35 AM>> Dear TW, My point wise reply is given below. 1) if the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the atlas is used, it will give the Geographic Ascendant position; REPLY: YES. You are correct. 2) if the Geocentric Latitude (converted from Geographic Latitude) is used, it will give the Geocentric Ascendant position. REPLY: YES. You are correct. 3) the Ascendant position is the same by

any house system. Raphael's Tables of Houses for Northern Latitudes from the equator to 50…by Raphael (First published in 1821) Dalton's Tables of Houses by Joseph Dalton (First published in 1893) Rosicrucian Tables of Houses (Placidus) by Rosicrucian Fellowship The Betz Placidus Tables of Houses by Martha Keith Betz The Occidental Table of Houses: Campanus, Placidus, Regiomantanus (1976) Tables of Houses, Placidus System by Astro Numeric/AFA (1977) The Michelsen Book of Tables, Koch Placidus by Neil F. Michelsen (1977) The Universal Tables of Houses by S. Balasundaram A.R. Raichur (1985) Krishman Tables of Houses by K. Subramaniam (1986) Lahiri's Tables of Ascendants on Niryana Basis by NC Lahiri The Nirayana Tables of Houses by BV Raman RV Vaidya REPLY: NO. There is some house system which does not use SUN transit in the HORIZON (for example placidus system will not work for latitude beyond 66Deg 30min So one must use other house division method

such as horizontal system etc ). For the systems which are using the sun Transit (Rise/set etc) as the base will give same result but not all the house division. I have done this exercise in the year 1999 and given to Late Prof.Balasundram (KSK’s son-in-law) for his review and he explained the same. 3. Almost the whole astrological world, East and West, has used the Geographic Latitude of place of birth. All astrological SWs except one are put on default setting of the Geographic Latitude. In none of Tables of Houses except one, it is not said to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude in using them. The natives and most astrologers know only the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the geographical atlas. In any of examples how to cast a natal chart from Leo Allen, Llewellyn George, Robert Hand, BV Raman, KS Krishnamurti, KS Charak, Umang Taneja etc it is not mentioned to convert the Geographic Latitude of

place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude. REPLY: The astrologers who don’t know about the Geocentric Latitude are their ignorance or may be knowingly neglecting this small variation. Let us talk about scientifically/ Astronomically. First scientifically (astronomically) we have to accept the concept of adopting which latitude is correct? As the planet positions are calculated based on earth Geocentric point, to have constancy the cusps must be calculated based on earth geocentric point. For this centre point obviously the Latitude will be geocentric only. 4. The application of he Geocentric Latitude of the place of birth is just a new interest of some astrologers. REPLY: NO. It is not the interest of astrologer. It is the development/ knowledge of science only. Those days all the calculations are done manually and it is a time consuming activity. For example in those days (10 years ago) most time the astrologer may put latitude value for the places

in TAMILNADU like TIRUPUR, AVANASI, POLLACHI,METTUPALAY AM as COIMBATORE only (which is 11deg and it is a round figure). Even if we refer our KP 6th reader most example chart uses only up to Degree, minute and seconds are missing. (But still by divine grace Prof. KSK was able to predict the events with that approximation itself. This is a different issue let us keep it aside.) Hence in those days most astrologers do manual calculation and they don’t go for this sort of rigorous calculation. But now a day we have computer/Google earth to calculate/locate the exact place for the horoscope. Hence I strongly believe that it is the development/ knowledge of science only. Thanks and regards, D.Senthil >>--- On Tue, 9/22/09, TW wrote:>>TW > Re: Geographic or Geocentric>@gro ups.com>Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 11:25 AM>> Dear

Friends,>>1. How could we understand the statements below?>>1) "Most of the house division including Placidus is based on earth Geocentric only.">2) "Geocentric Latitude is followed by all makers of TABLES OF HOUSES." (Msg no. is available if necessary.) >>2. Because in calculation of the Ascendant by any of the following Tables of Houses, >>1) if the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the atlas is used, it will give the Geographic Ascendant position;>2) if the Geocentric Latitude (converted from Geographic Latitude) is used, it will give the Geocentric Ascendant position.>3) the Ascendant position is the same by any house system.>>Raphael's Tables of Houses for Northern Latitudes from the equator to 50…by Raphael (First published in 1821)>Dalton's Tables of Houses by Joseph Dalton (First published in 1893) >Rosicrucian Tables of Houses

(Placidus) by Rosicrucian Fellowship >The Betz Placidus Tables of Houses by Martha Keith Betz>The Occidental Table of Houses: Campanus, Placidus, Regiomantanus (1976)>Tables of Houses, Placidus System by Astro Numeric/AFA (1977)>The Michelsen Book of Tables, Koch Placidus by Neil F. Michelsen (1977)>The Universal Tables of Houses by S. Balasundaram A.R. Raichur (1985)>Krishman Tables of Houses by K. Subramaniam (1986)>Lahiri's Tables of Ascendants on Niryana Basis by NC Lahiri>The Nirayana Tables of Houses by BV Raman RV Vaidya>>3. Almost the whole astrological world, East and West, has used the Geographic Latitude of place of birth. All astrological SWs except one are put on default setting of the Geographic Latitude. In none of Tables of Houses except one, it is not said to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude in using them. The natives and

most astrologers know only the Geographic Latitude of place of birth from the geographical atlas. In any of examples how to cast a natal chart from Leo Allen, Llewellyn George, Robert Hand, BV Raman, KS Krishnamurti, KS Charak, Umang Taneja etc it is not mentioned to convert the Geographic Latitude of place of birth into the Geocentric Latitude.>>4. The application of he Geocentric Latitude of the place of birth is just a new interest of some astrologers.>>Thanks and regrds,>TW>>@gro ups.com, Senthil wrote:>>>> >> Hello Gautam,>> >> All the planets positions are calculated with respect to earthgeocentric point all the cusp also must be calculatedbased onthe same earthGeocentric point only. The only change happens here is geocentric latitude due to earth shape longitude remains same.>> >> Most of the house division

including Placidusis based on earth Geocentric only.This topic was discussed many times in the forum please browse the old messages for more details.>> >> Hope the above clarifies your points.>> >> >> GOOD LUCK!>> >> D.Senthil>> >> --- On Sun, 9/20/09, dushyant gautam wrote:>> >> >> dushyant gautam >> Geographic or Geocentric>> @gro ups.com>> Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:43 PM>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> Dear Group Leaders,>> >> >> Kindly suggest me about the subject matter. Which Coordinates are to be used for casting the Horoscope and why?>> >> >> As i feel the Placidus system is

based on Geographic Coordinates.>> >> Regards>> >> Dushyant Gautam>> >> >> >> >> India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.>>>>> Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.