IndiaDivine.org

Clarification on significators

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Learned Members

I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really

confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.

Take the following example:

8th Oct, 2009

Time: 15.19.35

Place: Mumbai

I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.

Take for example Mercury

Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th

Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none

Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st

Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator of 5,6,8,1

1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is

closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is

based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11

& 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on

Chandrakant Bhatt's book " Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani " .

3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and

see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of

the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is

placed in 8th, lord of none.

Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.

Thanks..........Sundar

Can any learned member provide clarification?

Thanks............Sundar

, " Sundar " <sundar190561 wrote:

>

> Dear Learned Members

>

> I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really

>

> Take the following example:

> 8th Oct, 2009

> Time: 15.19.35

> Place: Mumbai

>

> I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.

>

> Take for example Mercury

> Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th

> Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none

> Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st

>

> Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator of 5,6,8,1

>

> 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn

is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is

based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

>

> 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of

2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based

on Chandrakant Bhatt's book " Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani " .

>

> 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and

see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of

the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is

>

> Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of

Mercury.

>

>

> Thanks..........Sundar

>

Namaste to allI am also feeling the same thing. I get totally confused. Leave alone analysing a chart I am in quagmire of understanding identyfying signifactors. I think and Hope that Mr Kanak Bosmia could help us by dedicating one page, quoting an example, step by step (Holding KPlearners hand) in KP Ezine magazine. Then he can test the learners by giving them a chart. After some issues he can give the answer to the test. It is as good as distant education. I hope some-learned-astrologer would help the KPlearnersSwamynathan--- On Sat, 10/10/09, Sundar <sundar190561 wrote:Sundar <sundar190561 Re:

Clarification on significators Date: Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 8:29 AM

Thanks...... ......Sundar

@gro ups..com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:

>

> Dear Learned Members

>

> I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.

>

> 8th Oct, 2009

>

>

>

>

> 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

>

> 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani"..

>

> 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.

>

> Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.

>

>

> Thanks...... ....Sundar

>

Add whatever you love to the India homepage. Try now!

Dear Sundar ji,Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the subject.Regards

KalyanSundar <sundar190561 Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM Re: Clarification on significators

Thanks...... ......Sundar

@gro ups.com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:

>

> Dear Learned Members

>

> I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.

>

> 8th Oct, 2009

>

>

>

>

> 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is CONNECTED with Me.

>

> 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTED to sun

>

> 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun= A planet in the Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a stronger signification than to the occupant)

> Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.

>

>

> Thanks...... ....SundarCONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.

Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of 3, 10 and 12.From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.These are my humble opinions on the subjectFor further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to 21

Dear Mr. Kalyan

Thank you for clariying. Can you with the help of the example chart provide what

which houses will mercury signify and also take ketu and tell us what will ketu

signify.

Based on your clarification can we say

1. Mercury will signify houses 5,6 (on account of lordship) & 8 (on account of

placement)

2. Mercury will signify house 8 (on account of being in sun's star and sun being

placed in 8th house)

2. Also houses 1 & 8 (since, saturn is conjuct mercury).

3. Further, mercury will signify houses ruled by jupiter i.e: 2,11 & 12 (since

mercury's star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter).

3. Further, mercury will also signify houses ruled and occupied by mercury i.e

5,6 & 8 (since, saturn the sub lord of mercury is conjunct mercury).

Based on the above finally mercury will signify houses 5,6,8,1,2,11 & 12

Please correct me if I am going wrong any where.

Thanks........Sundar

, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha wrote:

>

> Dear Sundar ji,

>

> Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the

subject.

>

>

> Regards

> Kalyan

>

> ________________________________

> Sundar <sundar190561

>

> Sat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM

> Re: Clarification on significators

>

>

> Can any learned member provide clarification?

>

> Thanks...... ......Sundar

>

> @gro ups.com, " Sundar " <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Learned Members

> >

> > I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really

> >

> > Take the following example:

> > 8th Oct, 2009

> > Time: 15.19.35

> > Place: Mumbai

> >

> > I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.

> >

> > Take for example Mercury

> > Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th

> > Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none

> > Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st

> >

> > Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator of 5,6,8,1

> >

> > 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since,

saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8.

THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

> If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is

CONNECTED with Me.

> >

> > 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of

2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based

on Chandrakant Bhatt's book " Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani " .

> If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTEDto sun

> >

> > 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham),

and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results

of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is

> This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.

> Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun= A planet in the

Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a

stronger signification than to the occupant)

>

>

> > Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of

Mercury.

> >

> >

> > Thanks...... ....Sundar

> CONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the

power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a

particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.

> Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and

CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the

present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of

3, 10 and 12.

> From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the

operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.

> These are my humble opinions on the subject

> For further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I think you can make it lot simpler. Either you find the significators of each planet ( which is a list of cusps) OR find the significators of each House( which is list of planets ). You will get the same answer for all cusps and all planets either way. This link should answer your all basic questions.

http://sites.google.com/a/astrosage.com/logy/Home/tutorial/chapter-2

Don't confuse with 4-step theory for a moment. Once you are confident with the above pure KP rules then you can use 4-step theory which is a simple extension to the pure KP. Follow the following link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6154546/39SimpleRulesfor4StepTheory

When you consider aspects, you need to consider aspects "TO" the planets "FROM" the significator if they are within 3degree 20 minutes window. Please remember that aspects come in bottom list of prioritized significators. However for RA/KE aspects are of paramount importance.

Sundar <sundar190561 Sent: Sat, 10 October, 2009 10:43:44 PM Re: Clarification on significators

Dear Mr. KalyanThank you for clariying. Can you with the help of the example chart provide what which houses will mercury signify and also take ketu and tell us what will ketu signify.Based on your clarification can we say 1. Mercury will signify houses 5,6 (on account of lordship) & 8 (on account of placement)2. Mercury will signify house 8 (on account of being in sun's star and sun being placed in 8th house) 2. Also houses 1 & 8 (since, saturn is conjuct mercury). 3. Further, mercury will signify houses ruled by jupiter i.e: 2,11 & 12 (since mercury's star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter).3. Further, mercury will also signify houses ruled and occupied by mercury i.e 5,6 & 8 (since, saturn the sub lord of mercury is conjunct mercury). Based on the above finally mercury will signify houses 5,6,8,1,2,11 & 12Please correct me if I am going wrong any

where.Thanks...... ..Sundar @gro ups.com, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sundar ji,> > Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the subject.> > > Regards> Kalyan> > ____________ _________ _________ __> Sundar <sundar190561@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Sat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM> Re: Clarification on significators> > > Can any learned member provide clarification?> > Thanks...... ......Sundar> > --- In

@gro ups.com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Learned Members> > > > I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.> > > > Take the following example:> > 8th Oct, 2009> > Time: 15.19.35> > Place: Mumbai> > > > I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.> > > > Take for example Mercury > > Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th> > Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none> > Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st> > > > Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator of 5,6,8,1> > > > 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely

conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.> If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is CONNECTED with Me. > > > > 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".> If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTEDto sun> > > > 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.> This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.> Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun=

A planet in the Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a stronger signification than to the occupant)> > > > Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.> > > > > > Thanks...... ....Sundar> CONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.> Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of 3, 10 and 12.> From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.> These

are my humble opinions on the subject> For further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to 21> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

Try the new India Homepage.

I am in full agreement with the clarifications forwarded by Sri. Kalyanji.

Dr. Rath

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 7:24:41 PMRe: Re: Clarification on significators

Dear Sundar ji,Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the subject.

Regards

Kalyan

Sundar <sundar190561@ .co. in>@gro ups.comSat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM Re: Clarification on significators

Can any learned member provide clarification?Thanks...... ......Sundar@gro ups.com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Learned Members> > I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.> > Take the following example:> 8th Oct, 2009> Time: 15.19.35> Place: Mumbai> > I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.> > Take for example Mercury > Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th> Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none> Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st> > Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator

of 5,6,8,1> > 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is CONNECTED with Me. > > 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".

If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTED to sun> > 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.

This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.

Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun= A planet in the Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a stronger signification than to the occupant)

> Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.> > > Thanks...... ....Sundar

CONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.

Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of 3, 10 and 12.

From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.

These are my humble opinions on the subject

For further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to 21____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

Dear Sir, Thanks.KalyanLuther Rath <rathluther Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 7:41:15 AMRe: Re: Clarification on significators

I am in full agreement with the clarifications forwarded by Sri. Kalyanji.

Dr. Rath

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ >@gro ups.comSat, October 10, 2009 7:24:41 PMRe: Re: Clarification on significators

Dear Sundar ji,Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the subject.

Regards

Kalyan

Sundar <sundar190561@ .co. in>@gro ups.comSat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM Re: Clarification on significators

Can any learned member provide clarification?Thanks...... ......Sundar@gro ups.com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Learned Members> > I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.> > Take the following example:> 8th Oct, 2009> Time: 15.19.35> Place: Mumbai> > I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.> > Take for example Mercury > Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th> Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none> Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st> > Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the

significator

of 5,6,8,1> > 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is CONNECTED with Me. > > 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".

If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTED to sun> > 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.

This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.

Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun= A planet in the Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a stronger signification than to the occupant)

> Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.> > > Thanks...... ....Sundar

CONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.

Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of 3, 10 and 12.

From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.

These are my humble opinions on the subject

For further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to 21____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

Dear Sundar,

Firstly what you had written that you have taken 6 minutes less than lahiri ayanamshas is contradictory. We have to deduct 6 minutes from long. of planets as well as cusps should be prepared for that you must use the Table of Houses, KP nirayan Ephemaries etc. Only to reduce 6 minutes planets long.based on lahiri ayanamash will not do. What you suppose to do is only mechanism. Definately it varies at each time that the actuals.

Prepare manual horoscope in KP and then try the solutions what you need to predict. There will be no confusion.

Go by this way You will get all predicts true.

Vijayanand Patil, President, Astrovision, Kolhapur, Maharashtra,India

Cell No. +91 9422582853/+91 9673746303

write me : guide_vijayanand

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:35:59 +0530 wrote

>

Thanks............Sundar

, "Sundar" wrote:

>

> Dear Learned Members

>

>

> 8th Oct, 2009

>

>

>

>

> 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.

>

> 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".

>

> 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.

>

>

>

> Thanks..........Sundar

>

Dear Sundar ji,Sorry for delay in replying.The reply for yr question will be a Lesson in Fundamental of principles and hence, it will take a long time to explain you.At the moment I am busy with some important works and sorry for my inability to make all in detail at this moment.Please go through,http://sites.google.com/a/astrosage.com/logy/Home/tutorial/chapter-2#TOC-Finding-Significatorsand try to understand the problem of selecting and categorizing the significators.Further I suggest you to follow " Astrology for Beginners - Encyclopedia of Astrology" by Sothidamanan K. Subramaniam ji.All solutions,

ways and guides for yr question are included in Volume 4 of above, from page 410 to 443. With RegardsKalyanBhuwan Agrawal <bhuwan.agrawal Sent: Sun, October 11, 2009 1:13:41 AMRe: Re: Clarification on significators

I think you can make it lot simpler. Either you find the significators of each planet ( which is a list of cusps) OR find the significators of each House( which is list of planets ). You will get the same answer for all cusps and all planets either way. This link should answer your all basic questions.

http://sites. google.com/ a/astrosage. com/logy/ Home/tutorial/ chapter-2

Don't confuse with 4-step theory for a moment. Once you are confident with the above pure KP rules then you can use 4-step theory which is a simple extension to the pure KP. Follow the following link

http://www.scribd. com/doc/6154546/ 39SimpleRulesfor 4StepTheory

When you consider aspects, you need to consider aspects "TO" the planets "FROM" the significator if they are within 3degree 20 minutes window. Please remember that aspects come in bottom list of prioritized significators. However for RA/KE aspects are of paramount importance.

Sundar <sundar190561@ .co. in>@gro ups.comSat, 10 October, 2009 10:43:44 PM Re: Clarification on significators

Dear Mr. KalyanThank you for clariying. Can you with the help of the example chart provide what which houses will mercury signify and also take ketu and tell us what will ketu signify.Based on your clarification can we say 1. Mercury will signify houses 5,6 (on account of lordship) & 8 (on account of placement)2. Mercury will signify house 8 (on account of being in sun's star and sun being placed in 8th house) 2. Also houses 1 & 8 (since, saturn is conjuct mercury). 3. Further, mercury will signify houses ruled by jupiter i.e: 2,11 & 12 (since mercury's star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter).3. Further, mercury will also signify houses ruled and occupied by mercury i.e 5,6 & 8 (since, saturn the sub lord of mercury is conjunct mercury). Based on the above finally mercury will signify houses 5,6,8,1,2,11 & 12Please correct me if I am going wrong any

where.Thanks...... ..Sundar @gro ups.com, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sundar ji,> > Herwith I am giving my openions below (IN BLUE) as clarification on the subject.> > > Regards> Kalyan> > ____________ _________ _________ __> Sundar <sundar190561@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Sat, October 10, 2009 8:29:28 AM> Re: Clarification on significators> > > Can any learned member provide clarification?> > Thanks...... ......Sundar> > --- In

@gro ups.com, "Sundar" <sundar190561@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear Learned Members> > > > I have read many books on K P. When it comes to significators it is really confusing and needs some common understanding and clarity.> > > > Take the following example:> > 8th Oct, 2009> > Time: 15.19.35> > Place: Mumbai> > > > I have taken ayanamsha as 6 minutes less than Lahiri.> > > > Take for example Mercury > > Planet: Mercury is placed in 8th house, lord of 5th, 6th and 8th> > Star lord: Sun is placed in 8th house, lord of none> > Sub lord: Saturn 8th house, lord of 1st> > > > Based on the above, we say that, Mercury is the significator of 5,6,8,1> > > > 1. Can we also say, mercury is the significator of saturn also, since, saturn is closely

conjunct mercury. If yes, it will additionally signify 1 & 8. THis is based on Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham.> If Saturn is in conjunction with Mercury, then it may be said that Sa is CONNECTED with Me. > > > > 2. The star lord sun is aspected by Jupiter (being placed in 12th, lord of 2,11 & 12). Can we aslo say, mercury will also signify 2,11 & 12. This is based on Chandrakant Bhatt's book "Further lights on Nakshatra Chintamani".> If Sun is aspected by Jupiter, then it may be said that Ju is CONNECTEDto sun> > > > 3. Some books even go beyond the sub lord (Astrosecrets by M P Shanmuham), and see in which star the sub lord is placed. For finally deciding the results of the significator. For example, saturn is placed in the star of sun. Sun is placed in 8th, lord of none.> This comes under the SIGNIFICATION theory.> Sun is the occupant of the house. Sa is in the Star of Sun=

A planet in the Star of the occupant of a house is a SIGNIFOCATOR. ( This placement makes a stronger signification than to the occupant)> > > > Which of the above is to be taken for analysis as being significator of Mercury.> > > > > > Thanks...... ....Sundar> CONNECTION & SIGNIFICATION are two different words use for evaluating the power of a planet. Although we can assume these both as signification for a particular incident, we dont mark all of them as Significator alone.> Ex: If the cuspal sub lord of 3 or 12 be the SIGNIFICATOR of 3 or 12 and CONNECTED with 10, the native if in service, will get transferred from the present place to another place during the joint period of the SIGNIFICATORS of 3, 10 and 12.> From this example one can easily understand that the significators are the operating planets for a matter, while planets in connection are supportive.> These

are my humble opinions on the subject> For further detail pl. see Nakshastra Chinthamani of Sri C.R.Bhatt- page 16 to 21> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

Try the new India Homepage.