IndiaDivine.org

From Rashmi to cazimi (RK Daa : Utkal Nandikal Rudra)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Daa,

I w'd concentrate on this :Come to think of Mc in cazimi in Aries, where the king is exalted. Does he go berserk?

regards,Lalit

Vedic Astrologyandhealing , "arkaydash" <arkaydash wrote:>> > Lalit,> > The concept of ray is based on the sun as the source of potency for the> planets, including the moon. In fact the prime potency of the moon is> helio-centric, that is (and paradoxically too) the farther away the moon> is from the sun the greater its potency. In other words it's the> angular distance from sun that gives a planet's rashmi bala proportinate> to the distance, in the 360 degree scheme.> > Thus full moon has the greatest potency. This visual clue from a full> silver disc of a moon seeming the biggest and brightest is where the> basis of this theory of graha rashmi is. Texts give rules to f ind out a> panet's rashmi bala. The nearer it's to the sun, the weaker its ray> strength -- culminating in combustion. However, some authorities,> Western of course, make a special case of absolute combustion of> mercury, called cazimi. So rasmi bala is hardly any different from> moon's digit potency. This is my understanding. (More on cazimi after> I'm done with a para to take up your next point.)> > As for the other, degree a planet has occupied in a sign i what Jaimini> system uses for dtermining the concurent signification of a planet-- the> vaiable variety or the chara karaka of a horoscope. The rashmi bala> concept is quite complex in application, particularly in ayurdaya> context.> > ON CAZIMI> > Cazimi (Arabic for "heart of the Sun" or "in the heart of the sun) means> a planet that is in exact conjunction with or very near the precise> center of the solar disc.> > A planet that forms a conjunction with the sun within 17' (arc minutes)> of partile (exactitude) is said to be cazimi, literally engulfed and> fortified by 'sol' and, as it also may be interpreted, "in the heart of> the sun." The sun, representing the ego, engulfs the energies of the> planet in cazimi and is said to imbue it with the intensely positive and> life-giving energy and power of the sun.> > In traditional astrology, any planet is combust the sun when it is> within 10 degrees of the sun either approaching or departing. Being> combust the sun, weakens a planet's strength. The sun is extremely> powerful and "outshines" anything close to it. The sun is like a great> king. In the court of the great king, any person who enters the court,> no matter how great his reputation or how incomparable her beauty, must> be humble before the king. Thus, their greatness is diminished. But> cazimi, being right in the heart of the sun, is like being allowed into> the very throne room or private chambers of a great king. This is the> fortunate position of being highly favored by the sun, like a king who> brings only a select few into his private chambers and bestows wealth> and privilege upon them and listens to their deepest concerns with a> mindset to help them.> British astrologer <http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Astrologer> > Deborah Houlding <http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Deborah_Houlding>> calls cazimi "a state of solar-empowered brilliance, where the two> planets are fused to act as one."> Even though cazimi has traditionally been thought to strengthen the> planet's influence as much as being combust the sun weakens a planet,> some astrologers disagree with the traditional method of calculating> planetary strength and weakness of a planet. Their view of cazimi, as in> all conjunctions, is that the positive or negative outcome of the> influence will vary according to the nature of the planet(s) involved.> So, Mars either cazimi or combust the sun is strengthened because Mars> is considered fiery and hot, and thus benefits from meeting the fiery> heat of the sun -- the commander that he (Mars) is. But cold and dry> Saturn would weaken when either combust or cazimi, because the nature of> the sun is damaging to Saturn; the brooding, plodding commoner has no> use for brilliance and charge (of Mercury) or dash (Mars): he is best> left alone, away from the royal retinue.> > Mercury, being the prince, has the privilege -- most astrolgers tend to> theorize -- of being in the heart of the king. [Come to think of Mc in> cazimi in Aries, where the king is exalted. Does he go berserk?]> > Astrologers today usually make no distinction between a planet being> combust the sun or cazimi.> > So?> Vedic Astrologyandhealing , "litsol"> mishra.lalit@ wrote:> >> > Hello RK Daa,> >> > I loook forawrd to meet u tomorrow, I have recently studied planet's> > rays chapter in saravali and shambhu horo prakash, rays are amazing> > concept but there are two schools of thoughts, I dont know which is> > correct, rays connect one's rise in life with degrees a planet> > occupied, I have also collected some shlokas of unverified source> > which gives light to one's nature that he derives from the degrees> > that planet has occupied.> >> > I wish to examine above.> >> > regards,> > Lalit Mishra.> >> >> >> > Vedic Astrologyandhealing , "arkaydash"> > arkaydash@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Lalit, have no idea about this. Sounds exciting but the edition> > > (translation) of the book mentioned here is by someone from Bengal> > and> > > the publisher could also be from there. Anyway we will look out> > for> > > it. Wish you the best.> > >> > > RK> > >> > >> > > Vedic Astrologyandhealing , "litsol"> > > <mishra.lalit@> wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > RK Daa,> > > >> > > > While searching the net, I found this information, can u pls try> > to> > > get> > > > the book :> > > >> > > > regards,> > > > Lalit> > > > Nakshatra Jataka> > > > by Prof. Shivaji Bhattacharjee> > > >> > > > This is an English translation of the classic work of Mahadeva,> > > > the great scholar in the discipline of Vedanga Jyotish during> > 12th> > > > Century, whose another classic is known as Jatakatatwa.> > > > The book describes the characteristics, mental, psychic and> > > > physical nature of individual, one's sufferings and threat,> > health> > > > and disease, longeviry etc. in a handy manner according to the> > birth> > > > Nakshatra and hints expected events at different ages but unless> > we> > > > judge the respective planetary positions, their relation, aspect> > and> > > > Dasa-Bhukti periods, we may not strike the correct target since> > every> > > > horoscope is unique and identical in spirit.> > > > When certain planet is strong and influence Lagna having> > > > similitude with the nature and character of birth Nakshatra, the> > > > predictive hints as given in Utkal Nandikal Rudra amazingly> > coincide> > > > with the events relating to the life circumstances of the native.> > > > The tenet has mostly highlighted possible inauspicious results> > > > pertaining to the periods of ill health, threat on longevity,> > nature> > > of> > > > death stating the age in year, month, day. Tithi, name of> > weekday in a> > > > gradual order to which men are destined.> > > > Illustrative real life horoscopes are given for each Nakshatra.> > > >> > >> >>