IndiaDivine.org

Venus and Chalise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It was a rare sight on twilight western sky. Garish Venus was a few feet above the Crescent Moon. I couldn't help imagining a drunken Venus was dropping into a chalise. Or was it into the Moon's lap?

I called up Lalit and told him to capture the carousal as I was in a hurry to go indoors, into the office building. Lalit has captured the incipient union. I later read this on the news agency. I was thinking it could be Jupiter, not Venus. But Ju can't be that bright I realised as I saw the report. I have seen Saturn with rings with home-made telescope made by my brother. That was through an unpolluted atmosphere, far away from Delhi. This is my first clear view of a celestial event in Delhi. The red pall spoils so much nithtime visual feast here.

Lalit will upload the picture.

The report:

Spectacular Moon-Venus conjunction tomorrow

Feb 27: Stargazers can look forward to a spectacular celestial view tomorrow as planet Venus will appear together with moon in the evening sky.

As the sun sets, one can look southwest to see the rare phenomenon during which the moon will form the conjunction with Venus, popularly known as goddess of love.

The celestial event will be visible to the naked eye till March 9.

The close conjunction will help in locating Venus in the daytime provided the sky is clear without any haze. To spot

the planet one has to look west after sunset. One would observe a bright star like object which is planet Venus.

The two brightest objects in the night sky, Venus and Moon, can be seen through city lights and even fireworks. The celestial event will be visible from all parts of the world, even from light-polluted cities. Only cloudy weather or a midnight sun may spoil the show.

Conjunction is an alignment of two or more celestial bodies (usually the moon and planets) in the sky, from our vantage point on Earth.